Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 4 of 238 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 237 238 >
Topic Options
#1710354 - 07/09/11 06:18 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Sheffield UK
Thnx Griffin, perfect introduction to my next mashup...............

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#1710366 - 07/09/11 06:56 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lost in cyberspace.in the UK.
Check this........
"I dont like you, more than you don't like me, I don't like you much at all, The reasons for my disdain (you know) they go so much deaper, Than any of your inner city, anti-slaughter 90's bull"

The only band I have ever heard, that make the Pogues look sedentary is "The tofu love frogs"

I dont think it is possible to play or sing any faster than this, and retain melody and clarity of lyrics.

I shared this and other Tofu tracks with some folks in Miami and they were up dancing all night, or should I say "stomping the night away"

This is by no means the fastest track either....

I give you the Tofu Love frogs and "Folk off reverend"

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project

#1710378 - 07/09/11 07:31 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: wayne33yrs]
griffin2417 Offline

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Originally Posted By: wayne32yrs
Thnx Griffin, perfect introduction to my next mashup...............

YES!! Miss Ross and The Supremes. thumb
My piano practice with Chopin has been temporarily been delayed for some dancin to the voice of the Divas!!

#1710380 - 07/09/11 07:34 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

I give you something more sedentary thsan the last offering.

John Miles, much underated, a little too "clean cut " for me, but, I was just pleasing an ex girlfriend when I went to see him, and was pleasently surprised.

John Miles, Remember yesterday.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

#1710384 - 07/09/11 07:46 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Chris G Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Portland, Oregon
Greetings from Oregon - a place where you don't want to cross your old man.

#1710386 - 07/09/11 07:49 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Originally Posted By: Rostosky
Check this........
"I dont like you, more than you don't like me, I don't like you much at all, The reasons for my disdain (you know) they go so much deaper, Than any of your inner city, anti-slaughter 90's bull"

The only band I have ever heard, that make the Pogues look sedentary is "The tofu love frogs"

I dont think it is possible to play or sing any faster than this, and retain melody and clarity of lyrics.

I shared this and other Tofu tracks with some folks in Miami and they were up dancing all night, or should I say "stomping the night away"

This is by no means the fastest track either....

I give you the Tofu Love frogs and "Folk off reverend"

WHOA!! That tilted my brain a bit. Glad you provided the lyrics. Very interesting similarities in places with bluegrass music. I heard some decent fiddling in the background. I'm not a big fan of Bluegrass. However, my partner is, and he has some pieces that I've come to truly appreciate. Especially when there's decent fiddling and (of course) good rhythm.

Thanks.

#1710388 - 07/09/11 07:56 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Welcome Chris G and brilliant choice, you just frightened the life out of me with that comment " where you dont want to cross your old man"

My father used to live in Fairview, Portland, for quite a while, I have a cousin called Chris G, and had been talking about my dad on another thread... man that nearly gave me a heart attack!!!

Synchronicity...

#1710396 - 07/09/11 08:09 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Chris G]
griffin2417 Offline

Originally Posted By: Chris G
Greetings from Oregon - a place where you don't want to cross your old man.

Rock on Oregon! Donald Fagen is on my CD shelf. BTW, Greetings from Minnesota!

#1710402 - 07/09/11 08:13 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Newman Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Australia
While reminiscing ... perhaps the ultimate reminiscing song -"In my life".
The lyrics written by Lennon at around only 25 years old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI0Q8ytD44Y

When I play this song now, at a slower tempo and sparely, it always moves me (but that coud be because I am now old enough to feel the lyrics).

#1710404 - 07/09/11 08:16 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Chris G Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Portland, Oregon
Such uplifting lyrics too:

Can you hear the evil crowd
The lies and the laughter
I hear my inside
The mechanized hum of another world
Where no sun is shining
No red light flashing
Here in this darkness
I know what I've done
I know all at once who I am

And since this is part of the Royal Scam it totally relates to the post which started this thread.
Welcome Chris G and brilliant choice, you just frightened the life out of me with that comment " where you dont want to cross your old man"

My father used to live in Fairview, Portland, for quite a while, I have a cousin called Chris G, and had been talking about my dad on another thread... man that nearly gave me a heart attack!!!

Synchronicity...

#1710407 - 07/09/11 08:19 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Ah,,Chris G , panic over. Greetings from Wales UK...

Griffin, sorry for the Tilt!! lol Funny you should say that,

Here are the Tofu love frogs, doing their version of an old Woody Guthrie song "aint got no home in this world anymore"

You gotta dance to this, sort of with the boots not laced up and a bottle or can of your favourite beverage in your hand, not worrying about spilling it, as everyone else is spilling theirs!!!

I find this song usefull to deter folk from ringing my doorbell, Mormons, FBI ( I cant tell the difference the suits are similar,allthough just what the FBI would be doing in Wales I dont know!) and general salesfolk.

I will surprise you with a beautifull ballad next.

#1710412 - 07/09/11 08:25 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Back to the sixties, Fairport convention, and the magicall Sandy Denny, RIP, (again and again,and again)

And a good reminicse I hope you will agree: "Who knows where the time goes?" BY fairport C.

I wasn't lucky enough to see fairport with Sandy denny, But I did see them with Kathy le surf, and she did this song beautifully. Big shoes to fill, she filled them,.

Edited by Rostosky (07/09/11 08:26 PM)

#1710425 - 07/09/11 08:49 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Griffin, no not at all, you must not have waited for the page to load, I put up a tofu version of a woody guthrie song,
And then a fairport convention one with Sandy Denny..
All I can think is you didnt wait for it to load on the page or something.

#1710428 - 07/09/11 09:00 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Griffin, no not at all, you must not have waited for the page to load, I put up a tofu version of a woody guthrie song,

Thanks Rossy. I will give it another try. I still seem to be having some intermittent tech problems with YouTube. I'm beginning to think it may also be my handheld device causing problems. I'll be back in a bit.

#1710432 - 07/09/11 09:06 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: griffin2417]
griffin2417 Offline

Originally Posted By: griffin2417

Thanks Rossy. I will give it another try. I still seem to be having some intermittent tech problems with YouTube. I'm beginning to think it may also be my handheld device causing problems. I'll be back in a bit.

UPDATE: It was my blasted handheld device causing problems again. I will check it later when I can get to my desktop. Thanks.

#1710442 - 07/09/11 09:54 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: griffin2417]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

No probs Griffin.
I will just put your mind at rest a bit, I know I am known for joking around, but I can faithfully promise, not when It comes to music I love! I love every track I have posted, for many differing reasons, and would not joke about it.

I will lay my soul bare now, with some songs that are my all time favourites, all the next three, will be from the fantastic Band "Dead can dance" Founders Lisa Gerrard and Brendan Perry, had a real life ralationship as well as a professional one.

Australian Lisa Gerrard is in my humble opinion extremely interesting from a musical point of view, because she has extensively travelled eastern countries amongst others, and picked up many styles/voicings/differing scales harmonics etc along the way which makes for some interesting combinations.

To start you off "not in the deep end" (because there is a much deeper end) here is a beautifull and powerfull ballad.
Entitled;

"IN power we entrust the love advocated" This and the next two are possibly my three all time favourite pieces of music, from the realm that isnt regarded as classical.
Wack up the volume and enjoy.
Here are the lyrics, I find "I am disabled by fears concerning whch course to take"
completely apt in so many real life situations. And "This night is filled with cries of dispossesed children in search of paradise" hauntingly accurate.

DEAD CAN DANCE
"In Power We entrust The Love Advocated"

Sail on silver wings
Through this storm
What fortune love may bring
Back to my arms again
The love of a former golden age.
I am disabled by fears concerning which course to take.
For, now that wheels are turning,
I find my faith deserting me...

This night is filled with cries of
Dispossesed children in search of Paradise.
A sign of unresolve that,
Envisioned, drives the pinwheel on-and-on.
I am disabled by fears concerning which course to take.
When memory bears witness to
The innocence, consumed in dying rage!

The way lies through our love;
There can be no other means to the end,
Or keys to my heart...
You will never find.
You will never find!

Edited by Rostosky (07/09/11 10:06 PM)

#1710558 - 07/10/11 01:59 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
polyphasicpianist Offline
1000 Post Club Member

This one gets me everytime. Its a bit minimalist but I love it just the same.

And this one is for all my fellow Hosers oot there.

#1710627 - 07/10/11 08:23 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: polyphasicpianist]
griffin2417 Offline

Originally Posted By: polyphasicpianist
This one gets me everytime. Its a bit minimalist but I love it just the same.

And this one is for all my fellow Hosers oot there.

Thanks for introducing me to them! Good performance!

I wasn't able to hear the first one due to some technical snags. I'm working on a solution and will listen to it later.

#1710640 - 07/10/11 09:03 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Brilliant Peter gabriel Track PPP, thanks.
Here is my second Dead can Dance track, Carnival of light, and an introduction to Lisas haunting voice.

Enjoy.

#1710649 - 07/10/11 09:28 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

You may have heard this and just not known, it has, and is being used in the UK for Archeology programs, like say "secrets of the Pharoahs" and other programs where there may be a mystery involved, or just something ancient.

It has a timeless and ethereal quality, in fact so unlike anything else, just listening to it will not give you any Idea of date or timeline...

Lisa Gerrard is absolutley the undisputed High Priestess of The Arcane and ethereal, If you had to guess her nationality from this track, I would bet money you would not guess Australian.

At one minite Fifty three seconds in, this is when the power of this track hits home, dont try and work out what the words are, just hear the vocals as you would an instrument, and be assured she does it the same each time.
Staggering.
IF I had to pick just one track in the world that someone who hadn't heard it would seriously listen to it,this would be the one.

Dead Can Dance "Cantara"

#1710808 - 07/10/11 03:55 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Chris G]
Elssa Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: NY
I'm enjoying all these "blasts from the past" - great music. smile Here's something from someone I never hear on the radio anymore.

Joni Mitchell

#1710878 - 07/10/11 05:26 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Elssa]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Brilliant Elssa, and very sad you dont hear much of her on the radio. Do you remember my next offering :The incredible string band and "The sailer and the Dancer?"
Looking at the comments on Utube for this, I was pleasently and happily surprised by the younger folk getting into it!

Enjoy.

#1710880 - 07/10/11 05:28 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

My daily contribution smile

#1710895 - 07/10/11 05:54 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

#1710899 - 07/10/11 05:59 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Good song Wayne, and one that makes me a little frightened to look in wardrobes. lol.

I was going to post something entirely different, BUT, mrs.Rossy says this next one in her opinion is the most beautifull piece of music in the world, I don't think it is off topic, because she heard it first in her childhood.

So here is Mrs Rossys beautifull music.

#1710984 - 07/10/11 09:13 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Good song Wayne, and one that makes me a little frightened to look in wardrobes. lol.

I was going to post something entirely different, BUT, mrs.Rossy says this next one in her opinion is the most beautifull piece of music in the world, I don't think it is off topic, because she heard it first in her childhood.

My compliments to Mrs. Rossy! I actually have this very recording. As I said earlier , my taste in music is VERY eclectic. I love choral music, and sang in choirs throughout my school years.

Thanks. I'll be posting again on Monday.

PS: I just finished visiting an old college friend, told him about this forum, and he made some great suggestions for me to share. I have plenty I've already come up with myself.

#1710999 - 07/10/11 09:42 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

I won't have to wait until Monday after all. I solved a part of my tech problems. Now we can give the proper respect due to the Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin! She also sang her own version of the Stones' "Satisfaction." Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FOUqQt3Kg0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

#1711082 - 07/11/11 01:05 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Brilliant Elssa, and very sad you dont hear much of her on the radio. Do you remember my next offering :The incredible string band and "The sailer and the Dancer?"
Looking at the comments on Utube for this, I was pleasently and happily surprised by the younger folk getting into it!

Enjoy.

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Thanks

#1711180 - 07/11/11 07:30 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Newman Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Australia

Can you tell us who this is? I like this but wouldn't know where to begin looking for it without a few pointers.

EDIT - I went looking and have located "Treasures of English Church Music" CD. Now I'd like to find a CD of all those hymns we used to sing at school in the UK in the late 50s early 60s. (Yes, I'm a boomer).

Edited by CaptainKawai (07/11/11 08:08 AM)

#1711201 - 07/11/11 08:25 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Newman]
griffin2417 Offline

Originally Posted By: CaptainKawai

Can you tell us who this is? I like this but wouldn't know where to begin looking for it without a few pointers.

EDIT - I went looking and have located "Treasures of English Church Music" CD. Now I'd like to find a CD of all those hymns we used to sing at school in the UK in the late 50s early 60s. (Yes, I'm a boomer).

I'm glad to see I'm not the only boomer!

Page 4 of 238 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 237 238 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
113 registered (A Guy, allana, a-z0-9, Almaviva, 34 invisible), 1363 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75569 Members
42 Forums
156242 Topics
2294603 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Will a Damp-Chaser fill in the cracks in a sound-board?
by Paul678
11 minutes 21 seconds ago
The Mason & Hamlin Tension Resonator: Help or Hype???
by Paul678
41 minutes 28 seconds ago
What piano do i have?
by allana
Yesterday at 11:43 PM
Moving to Intermediate Level
by Gisele
Yesterday at 11:15 PM
Mixer
by doremi
Yesterday at 10:48 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission