2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
59 members (Animisha, Burkhard, aphexdisklavier, benkeys, 1200s, akse0435, 13 invisible), 1,860 guests, and 258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 370 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 369 370
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Mrs Rossy is right. In the Renaissance, the music reached the highest point of the beauty, maybe too soon. It's just my opinion, as well.

Here's my proposal.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
I was just about to post some Siouxsie sioux and the Banshees.
There are so many brilliant tracks siouxsie does, that I was finding it hard to choose.
I had allready decided to mention that siouxsie has often said Her biggest influence was the Velvet underground, then I found this... Siouxsie with the creatures AND John Cale !!

The quality is very poor, but it is worth it, A little girl with Spiked up hair gets up on stage, Siouxsie generously says, "you can stay here for the next song if you like"

Then John Cale pretends to violin bow the little ones spikey hair, Siouxsie tells him not to be mean, Cale says OK..

Marvellous.. Siouxsie and john cale: Venus in furs.

That kid will have such a tale to tell in the future.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Sorry Recardo, we posted at the exact same time it appears, thanks for that , it is beautifull.
Just before you say mrs Rossy is right ( I have to, in fact I have to say she is allways right, its the law in the Rossy house.!)
You have to remember that she was a teenager during the punk years, and as such , loves bands that may frighten folk, as well as Nick cave and Tom Waites....

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
A bit delayed here, but yes, very nice Mrs Rossy, and I liked the earlier post of;
Who knows where the time goes? BY fairport

C

Silver Supporter until Dec 28 2012

C
Rostosky! Fantastic contribution from Mrs Rossy. Could we have some information about the piece, so that I can go through my LPs and see if I have it. If I dont, I will have to buy it.
Recaredo, info please.
A thing of beauty is a joy forever.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Oh Rostosky, I don't know if I can say it, because of now you are a member so serious. But I'll be courageous.

Recardo is nice nick. You only have to change one letter, and you get my real name. But actually my nick is not Recardo, but Recaredo. wink

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Cubop, Tomás Luis de Victoria was a Spanish composer of the Renaissance. If you liked O Magnum Mysterium, I recommend you this recording, about his Requiem. I feel this composition like one of the greatest works ever written in the history of the music.

[Linked Image]

C
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
C
Originally Posted by Elssa
I'm enjoying all these "blasts from the past" - great music. smile Here's something from someone I never hear on the radio anymore.

Joni Mitchell

Great pick Elssa - Joni has always been one of my favorites.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Cubop I think all the info can be found here.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregorio_Allegri

Funny thing is the pope was trying to keep this piece all to himself and his minions, so they could play it once a year round easter. He didnt count on Motzart, hearing it twice in the sistine chapel, going away and writing it out from memory.

The pope had allready said anyone who did this would get excomunicated, however motzart didnt as the Pope thought he had made an amazing job of it.

Recaredo, or "Not nice Nick" sorry, about that I am usually more carefull.

MY next BIG remember is so BIG it is on youtube in two parts, being nearly twenty minits long, quite a feat of lyrical story telling, from Woody Guthries Son Arlo Guthrie.

A friend of my fathers told me my father liked Arlo Guthrie, I said "what? Alices restaurant and stuff"

My fathers friend said "NO, he doesn't know about that or the other "stuff" for gawdsake dont mention it, he doesn't really know much about Arlo Guthrie!"

So, the fantastically funny story of Alices Restaurant, definately NOT dedicated to my old man.!!!

Part 1:

And PArt 2:

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Recaredo
Mrs Rossy is right. In the Renaissance, the music reached the highest point of the beauty, maybe too soon. It's just my opinion, as well.

Here's my proposal.

Amazing! This is memory lane for me. We performed this in my high school concert choir. I always loved it, and the experience of participating in choral groups. Thanks.

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by cubop
Rostosky! Fantastic contribution from Mrs Rossy. Could we have some information about the piece, so that I can go through my LPs and see if I have it. If I dont, I will have to buy it.
Recaredo, info please.
A thing of beauty is a joy forever.

I have a CD of "Allegri: Miserere" performed by the Choir of Westminster Cathedral under the direction of Stephen Cleobury my copy was released in 1983 by the Decca Record Company Limited in London. I hope that is an additional help.

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Rostosky
Cubop I think all the info can be found here.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregorio_Allegri

Funny thing is the pope was trying to keep this piece all to himself and his minions, so they could play it once a year round easter. He didnt count on Motzart, hearing it twice in the sistine chapel, going away and writing it out from memory.

The pope had allready said anyone who did this would get excomunicated, however motzart didnt as the Pope thought he had made an amazing job of it.

Recaredo, or "Not nice Nick" sorry, about that I am usually more carefull.

MY next BIG remember is so BIG it is on youtube in two parts, being nearly twenty minits long, quite a feat of lyrical story telling, from Woody Guthries Son Arlo Guthrie.

A friend of my fathers told me my father liked Arlo Guthrie, I said "what? Alices restaurant and stuff"

My fathers friend said "NO, he doesn't know about that or the other "stuff" for gawdsake dont mention it, he doesn't really know much about Arlo Guthrie!"

So, the fantastically funny story of Alices Restaurant, definately NOT dedicated to my old man.!!!

Memory lane again! Thanks

Carl

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Technically, there is not too much remembering (or the reminissing word) thing here, but I love the cranberries, Delores voice is unique.

This is probably the only song called Zombie that isnt about zombies as we know them, no need to trouble Milla Jovovich on this one then. ( I might just email her again to see if she has changed her mind about coming to Wales.)

The Cranberries and Zombie.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Good one that Rossy, I've dug the sheet music out to that now. Seems our musical taste's do cross at times.

My daily offerings:

C

C
Thanks to Rostosky, Recaredo and Griffin. Found out I dont have the Miserere, so yet another thing to buy. Pianoworld can be an expensive place to visit with all the CDs and books people manage to convince you that you must have. NOT to speak of the DPs you MUST have.
Well, dont mind me, just continue your reminissing. Since Guthrie has been mentioned, Bob Dylan might turn up sooner or later.

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Rossy provided us with a link earlier in these posts of the late Gary Moore performance. It got me to thinking about a topic I've taken an interest in lately; the relationships between American and British blues performers. I'm certainly no expert to discuss it with. I could recommend a few resources I've found helpful in learning more. I'd be happy to share those if you send me a PM.

Last night I came across this performance of Gary Moore with B.B. King in London. It's just what I was looking for to give an idea of what impressed me when I first heard musicians like Eric Clapton when I was a student in the 1960s.

Enjoy!

Last edited by griffin2417; 07/11/11 07:05 PM. Reason: Misspelling corrected.

Carl

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Excellent Choice Wayne, Shirley Manson is my mistress, Allthough this isn't common knowledge, she is allways emailing me saying how sorry she is for "unfriending" me on facebook.

I drew 16 pictures of her in one day once, I drew myself in all of them holding hands with her and mrs Rossy at the same time.

Shirley can be a little Jealous of mrs R at times.

Shirley Manson is so underated, She played the wonderfull emotionaless Katherine Weaver in "the sarah conner chronicles" proving that her acting abilities are on a par with her singing talent.

I prefer No. 1 crush by garbage. so here it is.

Wayne, if you have the sheet to the Cranberries, please can I have a copy?

Everywhere I looked for the sheet to no. 1 crush, it was like "forget it , it's just too complex!"

C

C
Griffin. Am enjoying. That BB King/Moore video is terrific. Listened once, then played it again, and played along. There is a lot of talk about the blues in the forum. Just listen to this, and get what its all about. It can sound pretty good on a piano too.

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by cubop
Thanks to Rostosky, Recaredo and Griffin. Found out I dont have the Miserere, so yet another thing to buy. Pianoworld can be an expensive place to visit with all the CDs and books people manage to convince you that you must have. NOT to speak of the DPs you MUST have.
Well, dont mind me, just continue your reminissing. Since Guthrie has been mentioned, Bob Dylan might turn up sooner or later.

Cubop, I've been remiss in not presenting the great Bob Dylan. After all, since he is a fellow Minnesota native like me, it only seems appropriate that I should do the honors.

Enjoy!

Carl

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Excellent Griffin, Magic choice....
Heres another,
This took me ages to learn so I could busk it, the chords are easy on guitar,
The lyrics.. Twelve verses, I tried and tried to learn all the words, it took me ages, I got it in the end, "mrs Rossy" taught me how to use "coathangers" as a remembering tool, it really works, and worked for me..
Mind you first time I busked it, I was sue I would forget one verse, but I didn't.. yeeeha.

Page 7 of 370 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 369 370

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,259
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission