Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 7 of 236 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 235 236 >
Topic Options
#1712162 - 07/12/11 07:35 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lost in cyberspace.in the UK.
Allthough from 1976, if this had been slipped into the Rocky Horror picture show, it would not have been out of place.

The Tubes, and Dont touch me there.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project

(ads P/S)
Sauter Pianos

piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#1712169 - 07/12/11 07:48 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Mrs Rossy has just indicated where this song should appear in the Rocky Horror picture show, and who should sing it...

It is alluded to in the rocky horror show, that Columbia has had in the past a scene with Eddy (meat loaf) "When Eddy said he didnt like his teddy, you knew he was a no good kid,but when he threatened your life, with a switchblade knife, what a guy, makes you cry, and I did"

Thats the chorus to eddys song of course.

Well, mrs Rossy reckons that the Tubes "dont touch me there" would be absolutely fitting for a Back story for Columbia and Eddy, and can hear them singing it no probs!!

what do you guys reckon?

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

#1712176 - 07/12/11 08:19 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Sly Cat Offline

Loc: England - via Scotland
Originally Posted By: Rostosky
Did you check the john cooper clarke out?

Did. And I didn't puke. I'm so proud of me.

Actually, it wasn't bad - I kinda sorta enjoyed it - but if you tell anyone, I may have to kill you. I have my reputation to maintain...

Here we are Slycat, this was going to be my next post wow, synchronocity!!

Uh...no. Synchronicity was The Police, not The Tornadoes.

Oh shush, it's late and this is as good as the humour gets. :p

Now the reasons: everybody remembers "Telstar" but when I was little and used to listen to me mams records, the very first thing I figured out musically was this:

That the Tornadoes "Globetrotter" was a rip off of "Venus in Blue Jeans" by Jimmy clanton.

See what you think, compare and contrast... I was just 4 years old when I figured this. MY mam would have none of it,and kept saying they were completely different songs and had no similarity!!

I think...no disrespect to your mam...but, well, is she a bit musically deaf? They're pretty much identical!

And both released in 1962...so who ripped off whom?

It's Vanilla Ice and "Under Pressure" all over again.

Originally Posted By: griffin2417
Sly Cat, and Wayne, I loved your follow ups to my Etta James. Totally enjoyed hearing Roberta Flack and Bill Withers.

Glad you enjoyed Bill. That's such a timeless song. I remembered feeling very proud when I first heard it as a sprogg in the seventies and tried singing along with it, that it only took me three goes to be able to hold that extra-long "day" near the end.

'Course, I was seeing stars, not having a trained voice or anything, but I was still chuffed to bits.

Ahh, memories... smile

And for my final offering of the night - having just re-watched the film, I leave you all with a little tenderness (just don't tell the manthing or he'll get jealous) from Joe Cocker's understudy (well, he shoulda been!), the amazing Andrew Strong.

(I can NOT believe he was only 16/17 during the filming of this!)

Edited by Sly Cat (07/12/11 08:20 PM)

Rap is to music what Etch-a-Sketch is to art.

#1712189 - 07/12/11 08:51 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Thanks for that Slycat, very nice song indeed, as I was listening to it, I thought I shall have to make a last post before bedtime. I was having a little think, and was staring at the computor screen of your video.....

And for some reason, I thought of this...and thought to my self "self thats a damn fine thing to be thinking of just before bedtime" So here it is,

Robert Palmer: Addicted to love. (I likes bouncy numbers around bedtime)

Edited by Rostosky (07/12/11 08:51 PM)

#1712219 - 07/12/11 09:48 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Sly Cat]
Elssa Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By: Sly Cat
Well, today was a lovely day.... (queue song and no apologies for the eye-bleeding psychodelia, I'm in that sorta mood.)

Class, this.

smile

I love this! Thanks, everyone, for the memories and also the great songs I never heard before. smile

Here's some more of Joni... (Live in London, 1974)

Edited by Elssa (07/12/11 09:53 PM)

#1712265 - 07/12/11 10:32 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Thanks for the other Joni selection Elssa. She is wonderful. She's also very versatile with her range in style. I've heard some very decent jazz solos. My last post for the evening will be Richie Havens. Thanks everyone for another lovely day along Memory Lane. I'm looking forward to hearing more!

#1712373 - 07/13/11 01:28 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: griffin2417]
polyphasicpianist Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I can't believe nobody has played any Tom Waits yet! Shame on you people!

I didn't know what song to pick, there are so many good ones. Ultimately this is what I choose. It is not the most representative of Tom Waits music, but I hope everyone likes it anyway.

#1712400 - 07/13/11 03:02 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
hawgdriver Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Denver, CO
speaking of Vanilla Ice, can anyone in this erudite circle identify who provided a similar treatment to this Eno gem, and identify three reasons anyone should care?

#1712484 - 07/13/11 08:36 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
clayts Offline

Loc: Banned
frank zappa is god

#1712498 - 07/13/11 09:07 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Hello Everyone,
I don't know why I felt like hearing some dancing music this morning. I've chosen the Doobie Brothers for my first posting today. Enjoy!

#1712532 - 07/13/11 10:25 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

One thing I am certain of, there are rules for harmony, I have a few books about harmony writing, and as yet, I confess, they confuse me. What doesn't confuse me is when I know I am hearing beautifull harmonies....

Everly brothers. crying in the rain.

Polyphasicpianist, Mrs Rossy is the single biggest Tom Waits fan in the world, she takes a little issue, and says The Albumns: Bone machine, Black rider, Rain Dogs and Franks wild years, are the better example of Tom Waites capabilities.

I will be putting some of these songs up later, "Crossroads", and "Blackwing" Stay tuned!

Thanks for the Doobie Brothers post Griffin, it led me onto the everly brothers perfectly!!

Hawqdriver, I am not familier with Vanilla Ice at all, but love Bryan eno, and the work he did with Roxy of course.
Roxy!Oh yes!

Clayts, I agree that Zappa is good, (but not God) and am extremely Honoured that your very last post was on the thread I started, and am sad that you have been banned.

#1712534 - 07/13/11 10:29 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Sheffield UK
Ah local vids for local people. Nothing here for you, your not local? like Royston vasey!!!

The league of gentlemen, love it, some great sketches! The whole series is on Youtube, something worth watching again, when not on the piano or PW!

(Only just seen Clayts posts, makes a change to see someone else get into trouble)

Edited by wayne32yrs (07/13/11 10:46 AM)

#1712539 - 07/13/11 10:43 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Before Tom waites, I thought I would just remind everyone that Kylie Minogue has been involved in at least one worthwhile enterprise,

Here she is with Nick Cave, Where the wild roses grow. Beautifull song, I hope you agree...

#1712541 - 07/13/11 10:58 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
Well, by special request. smile

Here's something I loved once upon a time, and still enjoy. - I believe the version on the LP is a bit softer, and I think slower too.
It was on the first LP I ever bought. Recently I bought the CD smile

I'm also quite a huge fan of the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

#1712546 - 07/13/11 11:10 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Excellent Casinitaly, and quite a surprise, you gave no clue to being a "yes" fan!! brilliant.

because I just posted Kylie and Nick cave, that made my mind go slightly Down under in its thinking, andthats when I remembered Icehouse, another excellent Australian band...."Hey little girl"
Brilliant song.

#1712559 - 07/13/11 11:37 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
casinitaly Offline

Excellent Casinitaly, and quite a surprise, you gave no clue to being a "yes" fan!! brilliant.

Ah, Ros, I have hidden depths.

I also liked this one - and quite a bit of country

You know what happens if you play a country western album backwards?

Your wife comes back, you have your job again, and your dog isn't dead.

#1712579 - 07/13/11 12:09 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: casinitaly]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Casinitaly, I cant get this last one you posted to play, so I dont know who it is by or what it is called or even what it sounds like boo hoo...
Mrs Rossy, figured why, I have sent a PM to you.

Edited by Rostosky (07/13/11 12:20 PM)

#1712586 - 07/13/11 12:20 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
casinitaly Offline

Casinitaly, I cant get this last one you posted to play, so I dont know who it is by or what it is called or even what it sounds like boo hoo...
I dont know if it is just my system or if others can play it or what?

fixed it - smile

and here is the other one I tried to insert but had troubles with....

Edited by casinitaly (07/13/11 12:23 PM)
Edit Reason: added new video

#1712588 - 07/13/11 12:25 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: casinitaly]
hawgdriver Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: casinitaly
I'm also quite a huge fan of the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Same. I listened to the soundtrack (of the movie) about about a billion times as a teenager.

Grif--I've been "singing" (how could I really sing like MM?) that song all morning. One of my favorites.

#1712600 - 07/13/11 12:38 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
polyphasicpianist Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Perhaps Mrs. Rossy would be more happy with this

Or this

#1712607 - 07/13/11 12:49 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Legal Beagle Offline
500 Post Club Member

OK, I suppose it's about time I jumped in here. Great thread and some great postings.

I'm taking exception to griffin. No offense, griff, to the fine Michael McDonald song you put up, but I think of that as being a much more contemporary song, done after he went off on his own "light rock" solo career.

When I reminisce about the Doobie Brothers (and I do... they were the first concert I ever went to!), I think more of THIS sort of thing...

#1712618 - 07/13/11 01:11 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Legal Beagle]
Sly Cat Offline

Joni Mitchell - sweet. Thanks for that.

Addicted to Love - oh em gee! The memories that brings back...and, on the same day, another song brings back the same memories.

Here it is:

Memories of a perfect day with my best friend, getting ready to go out to a club.

We had to beat the manthings off with a stick (metaphorically speaking), we were just so utterly magnificent that night. grin

Edited by Sly Cat (07/13/11 01:12 PM)

#1712624 - 07/13/11 01:20 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: clayts]
Sly Cat Offline

Originally Posted By: clayts
frank zappa is god

No he isn't! That's Stewie Griffin. After all, he enjoys reading the bible - here's proof:

Stewie - "My my, what a thumping good read. Lions eating Christians, people nailing each other to two-by-fours. I'll say, you won't find that in Winnie the Pooh."

Case is rested. :p

DISCLAIMER - this is humour, not intended to be offensive to the religiously minded.

Edited by Sly Cat (07/13/11 01:22 PM)

#1712628 - 07/13/11 01:29 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

having a strange intermittent connection problem at the moment, hope it clears up..
Legal, if you look on page six of this thread, sons of the desert video,did you notice the notereader "bag on the head"??

Slycat, strange story about Kate, she has a house that is next to a beach, it has a beach house.
The young uns, were making out in her beach house,and she was not amused and has installed Video cameras, not too sure if thats to stop them or....the other thing!

Polyphasicpianist, mrs Rossy says "warm beer cold women" is very rare and is off a live albumn called "Nighthawks at the diner"
She has not got this, and asks if you have?

"Going out west " she knows well, being from "Bone machine"

Her two personal favourites from her top nine are,

Rubys arms, from heart attack and vine.
Cold cold ground: from Franks wild years.
Who are you: bone machine.
A little rain: bone machine.
Black wings: bone machine.
Whistle down the wind: Bone machine.
Just the right Bullets: black rider.
Last rose of summer, and corssroads both from black rider.

So here is Rubys arms, and Black wings. Enjoy!!

#1712647 - 07/13/11 01:49 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Sly Cat Offline

Slycat, strange story about Kate, she has a house that is next to a beach, it has a beach house.
The young uns, were making out in her beach house,and she was not amused and has installed Video cameras, not too sure if thats to stop them or....the other thing!

The other thing.

(nods)

Depend upon it.

#1712650 - 07/13/11 02:01 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Ah loads of folk seem to like the rosky horror picture show...
So heres the time warp...ENJOY!!!

#1712667 - 07/13/11 02:34 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Legal Beagle Offline
500 Post Club Member

... Legal, if you look on page six of this thread, sons of the desert video,did you notice the notereader "bag on the head"??...

HA! I missed it entirely, as well as your reference to it. Obviously an awkward and clunky forerunner. Nice work, R&D Division, Wales UK, in providing us with the sleeker, more modern version.

#1712681 - 07/13/11 03:14 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

What had the same glasses as buddy holly, looked like buddy holly, was about the same size and weight as buddy holly, and also played the guitar But, wasn't buddy holly?

That would be Elvis costello then!! what ever happened to him I wonder?

Watching the detectives...

#1712731 - 07/13/11 04:59 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Sly Cat Offline

Hah! Beat me to the Time Warp.

But, for some strange and unusual reason, the wonderful Elvis Costello's Detectives made me think of this...

Now, who remembers that tellivisual oddity "It's a Knockout?" (Jeux Sans Frontiers was the original French version - as we all no doubt know.)

I have vague recollections of Knockout from my sprogghood. I remember they redid it with (and I apologise in advance for invoking the name) Keith Chegwin (and there's my Rocky Horror tie-in) and it was utterly nightmarish.

But sometimes, I just have longings to see an oversized penguin on ice skates walloping greased-up contestants with a giant cotton bud.

Call me weird if you like...

Edited by Sly Cat (07/13/11 05:00 PM)

#1712741 - 07/13/11 05:08 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Thanks Slycat, thats my favourite gabriel track, along with salisbury hill!

As to greased up roller skating penguins wacking each other off with wet fish, I believe you are thinking of the House of commons, or maybe the Lords?

This next one got everyone talking at the time, great video as well!!

AHA, and take on me....

Edited by Rostosky (07/13/11 05:14 PM)

Page 7 of 236 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 235 236 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
83 registered (36251, ando, Alux, anotherscott, 26 invisible), 1192 Guests and 49 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74250 Members
42 Forums
153599 Topics
2251197 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Happy Easter!
by Marko in Boston
55 minutes 10 seconds ago
Easter Themed Recordings - Kawai CA95
by wolferblade
Today at 04:55 AM
First recordings - Some music for Easter
by wolferblade
Today at 01:01 AM
Recorded a song on my workstation tonight
by Arizona Sage
Today at 12:04 AM
How to tune a piano.....
by Grandpianoman
Yesterday at 11:46 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission