2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
69 members (bcalvanese, 20/20 Vision, booms, Cominut, 36251, Bruce Sato, Carey, AlkansBookcase, 10 invisible), 1,930 guests, and 267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 370 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 369 370
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Rostosky, that's awful, the money grabbing bast*rds! Takin' advantage like that!

A similar thing happened to Jimmy Cliffe, but I'm sure he refused the offer. Have you seen the film, the harder they come?

Morning Griffin, it's 7.33pm here now by the way smile

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by wayne32yrs

Morning Griffin, it's 7.33pm here now by the way smile

Afternoon Wayne, it's 2:40pm here, and almost time for my cup of green tea! I enjoyed the Jimmy Cliffe. Thanks.

Carl

A

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013
500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
A
They do a great job.. you should listen to their other covers. It's a side project band with members from NOFX, Foo Fighters, and others. They have broadway, country, and r&b cover albums(amongst others). Now they're working on a cover album where they do Japanese songs in Japanese, including this piece of cheesy awesomeness(Mott the Hoople meets Menudo in Japan):

Last edited by AimeeO; 07/15/11 03:57 PM.
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
No Wayne, I don't think so, not that I can remember, But, mrs R is always telling me I have seen stuff before that I can't remember seeing.... I had a mis spent youth that extended into adulthood......

THIS IS FOR EVERYONE:: THANKS!!!! AND: Here And Now:
"So Glad Your Here"
Get ready to dance:

Take off your shoes, get barefoot, whack up the volume, and listen out for the paradigm shift in the music at 1 min 23 seconds....

I love this loads....

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Rostosky
No Wayne, I don't think so, not that I can remember, But, mrs R is always telling me I have seen stuff before that I can't remember seeing.... I had a mis spent youth that extended into adulthood......

THIS IS FOR EVERYONE:: THANKS!!!! AND: Here And Now:
"So Glad Your Here"
Get ready to dance:

Take off your shoes, get barefoot, whack up the volume, and listen out for the paradigm shift in the music at 1 min 23 seconds....

I love this loads....

Nice one Rossy! I needed a little lift before I get started on my next project. I'm going to take us way back in time to my high school days. Here is Ray Charles singing his famous "Hit the Road Jack."

Carl

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by AimeeO
including this piece of cheesy awesomeness(Mott the Hoople meets Menudo in Japan)

The words "Cheesy" and "Mott The Hoople, should not be used in the same sentence, even when joking, are you old enough to realise How Heavy Hoople actually were ( and still are)?
Tsk Tsk.
Heres their cover of the kinks you "really got me"
ANd keep a knockin!!

Last edited by Rostosky; 07/15/11 05:06 PM.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I hope this post isn’t Off Topic, but I wanted to share it.

This song represents the fight between the beauty and the ugliness, between the goodness and the baseness, between the life and the death. But in this song damnably the life dies and the death lives.

PLEASE. I ask you to read the text before of listening. This is very important to understand the song. Here’s the translation to English.

http://www.recmusic.org/lieder/get_text.html?TextId=3952

I wonder why the beauty has to die, murdered by the ugliness. It’s not fair.

Regards.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Recaredo, I dont think it is possible to be "off topic" in a thread I started ! So don't worry on that score.

It is 2.30 am here in the UK, and you just posed an extremely philosophical and interesting question. In fact its so interesting, that instead of going to bed like normal folk do when its dark, I am more than happy to discuss this with you.

Have a listen..

The relevent part is at 1 min 20 seconds on....

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Folks, I did go and read the text. And I am also giving due care and serious thought to the last question, I just checked and Recaredo has logged off, so there is no point trying to get to the bottom of that troubling post, Here and now.
I have Pm'd Recaredo, and hope he is OK, and will try and encourage him to talk this through, if not publically , then privately.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Whatever is wrong, I hope this helps . . .

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Due to the fact that I'm having technical problems, I am unsure of what is going on. I will hold off on a post at this time until I have more information.

Good night!

Carl

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by griffin2417
Due to the fact that I'm having technical problems, I am unsure of what is going on. I will hold off on a post at this time until I have more information.

Good night!

Good night!

"You are the music while the music lasts" - T.S. Eliot
A

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by Rostosky
Originally Posted by AimeeO
including this piece of cheesy awesomeness(Mott the Hoople meets Menudo in Japan)

The words "Cheesy" and "Mott The Hoople, should not be used in the same sentence, even when joking, are you old enough to realise How Heavy Hoople actually were ( and still are)?

Oh, I didn't mean Hoople was cheesy themselves. The song referenced sounded "All the Young Dudes"ish(which I have always adored), but the singers in the Japanese video just reminded me of old Menudo footage. I'm sorry if that got mixed up, but I am very happy that I gave you reason to blast us with Hoople, as it has been a few days.

I'm a mid-70s child, so I missed their true hey-day, but I can assure you my mother raised me right and I was properly educated on the music of the late 60's-early 70's. She wanted to be sure I didn't miss anything.

Today's happy place:

Last edited by AimeeO; 07/16/11 02:59 AM.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Hi guys!.

Nothing wrong with me.

I have listened to this song (The gnome) dozens of times, and I always get deeply moved. The Schubert songs are so amazing.

Regards.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Afternoon all smile

Well it's wet here in Sheffield, and the weather man has promised rain for the next few days, so I think a little Annie Lenox may be appropriate.

Not sure how this is gonna go, the vids on vivo, via YT. And the version I did want to post is not available in the UK (damn) also may have to put up with a short advert, these stupid laws and rules are getting worse!

Oh, it works smile

Last edited by wayne32yrs; 07/16/11 11:21 AM.
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Thanks Wayne, Annie seems quiet these days? Recaredo, I am glad about that, I believed you sounded depressed, or down and was worried, glad to hear you are fine.

Aimeeo, sorry about that I interpreted it wrong, I am glad your parents raised you right! Mine didn't, they were remisss in the "whats important in life" department, and belonged to the school of "aquisition is the answer to everything" (much like ferengis on star trek but lacking any humour)

Griffin, I hope you get your tech difficulties sorted out soon,it must be really annoying for you, I totally sympathise.
I have a big walk down to the local garage I have to do, and then a harder one back up the massive hill, and yep, its raining in wales too (isnt it always)
So Annie lennox is totally appropriate!!

I will be back in an hour or two, unless something hideous and unexpected happens on the journey, whilst this is unlikely in a Welsh village, it can never be ruled out entirely, for now I will leave you with a beautifull song, sang by maybe not the prettiest girl in the world, I know thats subjective, It's just a personal thing, I prefer ladies to not have moustaches, on the whole, generally speaking,mostly,usually. Patti Smith: Because the night.

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

A belated Good Morning everyone! I'm a late riser today. It's 11am here in Minneapolis, it has been rainy, and the temperature will soon start soaring.

Recaredo and Wayne, I will be able to hear your earlier offerings later today when I can get onto my regular computer. I'm still having problems with my handheld device. It allows me to hear some of the music, but not all. Rossy, Patti Smith came through beautifully, however! She is wonderful. Thanks.

My first post today will be Eric Clapton, sing "Wonderful Tonight.". Enjoy!

Last edited by griffin2417; 07/16/11 01:17 PM. Reason: Typos And clarifications

Carl

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I am glad there is nothing wrong with Recardo. This is actually the video I wanted to post, but it didn't seem altogether appropriate given the potentially serious nature of the situation, so I posted the happy Sigur Ros video instead (but in many ways I think this vid is a bit more apt wink ).

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Crazy stuff Polyphasicpianist! Thanks. I'm going to go back to 1968 when I had the pleasure of seeing Dionne Warwick's show in Minneapolis. I love just about everything she sings! Here is "Do You Know the Way to Santa Fe?".

Carl

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Aha excellent stuff Guys, Brilliant , thanks !!

And now Joy of Joys, my kebab and chips have just arrived from the takeaway that delivers!!! Theres loads of salad too so its got to be slightly healthy!! Maybe, a little.

Heres an excellent band oft forgot, big velvet underground inspired outfit my guess.....

Page 14 of 370 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 369 370

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission