2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
31 members (admodios, busa, Cominut, drumour, Foxtrot3, crab89, EVC2017, clothearednincompo, APianistHasNoName, 6 invisible), 1,170 guests, and 278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#1718274 07/21/11 07:19 PM
S
Saul Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
S
A specific thread where I would post my compositions, arrangements and recordings and share them with everyone.

Regards,

Saul

Ocean Reflections In E major No. 1

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Your music is always very soothing, Saul. I like it! smile

[Linked Image]

Music is my best friend.

S
Saul Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
S
Thank you!

I have another one of these Ocean Reflection...

S
Saul Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
S
Performing my 'Love In the Forest' In G major for Piano...

E
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
E
Moonlight Sonata

Here's a performance of a well-known work. Within the bounds of artistic licence or ... well ... just terrible?

(Sorry Saul, but you DID say you didn't want criticism. And I NEVER do what I'm told.)

S
Saul Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by Exalted Wombat
Moonlight Sonata

Here's a performance of a well-known work. Within the bounds of artistic licence or ... well ... just terrible?

(Sorry Saul, but you DID say you didn't want criticism. And I NEVER do what I'm told.)

What my performance of the moonlight sonata has to do with anything here?

Or spamming people's threads is your hobby?

E
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
E
This thread is specifically to "post my compositions, arrangements and recordings and share them with everyone".

So your performance is definitely on-topic.

It was quite a serious question, actually. I recently heard a performance of the "Moonlight", by an established artiste, which seemed to me to take mannered "expressiveness" to ridiculous lengths. The underlying triplet movement (which seems to me the unifing and propelling factor of the piece) was ripped to shreds, far beyond any concept of rubato.

So I started a mini-project, collecting recordings of the piece on Spotify and comparing the performances. I found a lot of refusals to embrace the essential simplicity of the music. Some went so far as to be, IMO, laughable. But, obviously, they were acceptable in the classical piano world.

My hobby is debunking foolishness.

S
Saul Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
S
This thread is specifically to "post my compositions, arrangements and recordings and share them with everyone".

So your performance is definitely on-topic.

My hobby is debunking foolishness.

Well, I didn’t post this performance here, so why post it here without my permission, who gave you this right?

You have absolutely no legal right to do anything with my music or videos without my permission.

E
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
E
Interesting point. I didn't "do anything" with your music, of course, just mentioned that it existed on a web site that you had previously publicised. If you're ashamed of it, you know what to do. But if you present your work on a discussion forum, expect it to be discussed! You can't enforce special rules.

Note that I've expanded my previous comment.

E
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
E
I like your art work though!

S
Saul Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
S
Interesting point. I didn't "do anything" with your music, of course, just mentioned that it existed on a web site that you had previously publicised. If you're ashamed of it, you know what to do. But if you present your work on a discussion forum, expect it to be discussed! You can't enforce special rules.

Note that I've expanded my previous comment.

Perhaps you have no understanding of copyrights issues, so let me inform you. You have absolutely no right whatsoever to do anything with my music or videos without my permission, get this clear. First clear up your foolishness and then preach others to do the same.

So I strongly advice you to delete the video you posted, I have not granted you any right to post it here, so delete it.

E
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
E
I have not posted your video. I have posted a link to your web site, http://www.musicalpaintings.net, which you publicise repeatedly in each of your messages here. If there's anything there not for public consumption, it is completely within your power to remove it.

Wanna play some more?

S
Saul Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
S
I have not posted your video. I have posted a link to your web site, http://www.musicalpaintings.net, which you publicise repeatedly in each of your messages here. If there's anything there not for public consumption, it is completely within your power to remove it.

Wanna play some more?

You posted a link to a video on my website.

I wonder who in the world gave you this right?

All the content of my website is copy righted. You have no right to use it, post it, or do anything with it without my consent. So I advice you to remove the link.

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
My two cents:

Exalted Wombat, you're just being combative and provocative, and I think you know it. "Debunking foolishness" is a worthwhile hobby when applied to pseudoscience and faith healers; on internet forums devoted to artistic merit it's completely counter-productive and it's just going to get you reprimanded. Saul's made it clear that he doesn't want this kind of criticism, and he's nicely complied with a request to consolidate his compositions into a single thread. Why muck up his thread with unwanted bickering?

That said, Saul: Wombat has a legal (and IMO moral) right to link to any recording he finds on the internet, especially one on youtube. If you don't want it linked to, take it down.

-J

S
Saul Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by beet31425
My two cents:

Exalted Wombat, you're just being combative and provocative, and I think you know it. "Debunking foolishness" is a worthwhile hobby when applied to pseudoscience and faith healers; on internet forums devoted to artistic merit it's completely counter-productive and it's just going to get you reprimanded. Saul's made it clear that he doesn't want this kind of criticism, and he's nicely complied with a request to consolidate his compositions into a single thread. Why muck up his thread with unwanted bickering?

That said, Saul: Wombat has a legal (and IMO moral) right to link to any recording he finds on the internet, especially one on youtube. If you don't want it linked to, take it down.

-J

Of course he does, I just wanted him to see that been an '$$$$ole' wont get him far with me...

Anyways, thanks for saying it like it is. I appreciate your comments.

E
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
E
"My hobby is debunking foolishness." Looks like you're learning how to do it for yourself! :-)

That really was a bloody awful rendition of the "Moonlight" though.

S
Saul Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
S
"My hobby is debunking foolishness." Looks like you're learning how to do it for yourself! :-)

So it was a 'bloody awful rendition' hope youre satisfied now….

I’m very pleased by those who have sent me their complements in the mail.
Music lovers from all over the internet have told me that they enjoyed this performance.
A single voice in the wilderness that doesn’t like it, doesn’t make much of a difference…

Last edited by Saul; 07/24/11 12:04 PM.
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by beet31425
Jason, one quick question... Mostly wondering and not trying to steer up any trouble.

There is some huge misunderstanding with the Internet and the findings inside it! There was a long gone saying that "anything on the internet is public domain property", which is actually wrong! The idea is that when you enter something on the net you have little to no control on it. Makes sense. Can I stop anyone from taking my videos and messing with them? I can't and legal conquere over that would cost tons of money!

On the other hand by no means this means that whatever stuff I hacve on the net is actually for free consuption! It's not and nobody has the right to take my stuff and use them as they please! At least stupdily legally speaking, cause in the end the practicality of things remain: I can't have total control of my stuff.

But the simple question: If I find a free copy of windows 7 on teh net, do I have a right to use it? ... has a very direct reply and we all know it!

E
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
E
Originally Posted by Saul

Music lovers from all over the internet have told me that they enjoyed this performance.
A single voice in the wilderness that doesn’t like it, doesn’t make much of a difference…

The lovely thing about this forum is that every effort, however mediocre, is praised!

The worst thing about this forum is that every effort, however mediocre, is praised!

I just listened again, in case I was being unfair. But no, it lacks any musical flow. You're better than that! What does your teacher say about that recording?

S
Saul Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by Saul

The lovely thing about this forum is that every effort, however mediocre, is praised!

The worst thing about this forum is that every effort, however mediocre, is praised!

I just listened again, in case I was being unfair. But no, it lacks any musical flow. You're better than that! What does your teacher say about that recording?

You dont have to like the recording, in fact I dont really care if you like it or not. That's the whole reason people have their 'favorites'...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,178
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission