Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
141 registered (AllanH, AnastasiaT, accordeur, 36251, Alexander Borro, 30 invisible), 1488 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 15 of 246 < 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 245 246 >
Topic Options
#1718335 - 07/21/11 09:23 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lost in cyberspace.in the UK.
Wayne, I dont see why we couldnt organise a real piano party weekend for folks in the UK? Shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I like cake, and biscuits, and a big pot of tea, no earl grey though it tastes a bit naff.

Tonights contribution, is a FANTASTIC one!!! even though I say it myself, for those who remember Twin Peaks, well here is Julee Cruise from David lynches Industrial symphony no.1
(dream of the broken hearted)

And "Rockin back inside my heart" Love it. And for desert, "Falling" which was of course the title soundtrack for twin peaks, I have the sheet for falling if anyone wants?

Also, I have the complete box set of dvds for the whole of twin peaks should anyone have questions about twin peaks that they still aint got answers for!!

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project

(ad) Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#1718417 - 07/22/11 12:27 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012

Loc: Minneapolis, MN

Folks, I won't have another post tonight, and I'm going to take a few days off to complete a project. I have to get an early start. Don't worry, however. I'll do my postings again on Sunday. It's been fun listening to today's contributions. Thanks, and I'm off to bed!

Edited by griffin2417 (07/22/11 07:23 AM)
Edit Reason: Date clarifications

#1718424 - 07/22/11 12:40 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Sleep well Griffin, Its time I was off to bed too, I have a nocturnal problem, I stay up all nights usually, bad one really as the shops and things are only open in the daytime here in Wales!! Ah well. Good luck with the project.. which reminds me of the "allan parsons project....Hmmm
eye in the sky.... hmmm

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

#1718480 - 07/22/11 03:15 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013

Loc: New Orleans
no no Turn of a Friendly Card!!
Tales of Mystery and Imagination is pretty good too.

#1718783 - 07/22/11 03:24 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Here you go AimeeO, "The turn of a friendly card" (part one AND two!) just for you.
But also I thought, just for the sake of it "Old and Wise"
Hope you enjoy...

#1718862 - 07/22/11 05:27 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Southeast of Spain
Hi.

I wanted to make a little tribute to Norwegian people.

My website

#1718902 - 07/22/11 06:25 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Recaredo]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

A very thoughtfull and apt Dedication Recaredo, I missed most of the news on TV but will catch it later. Here is my dedication too,

#1718947 - 07/22/11 07:49 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Sheffield UK
That's very encouriging for me Rossy, in my piano path, really, really, lol!

This one is a "must not miss"

watch on YT, how annoying!

Edited by wayne32yrs (07/22/11 07:58 PM)

#1718957 - 07/22/11 08:02 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Thanks Wayne, good one, I bet if Slycat is still watching she will say, "Oh I thought of that" for this next one, The Cult, and "she sells sanctuary" excellent remember by me there!!

#1718968 - 07/22/11 08:22 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I'm sure I could hear your dulcimer in the backgound!

#1718973 - 07/22/11 08:28 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Got the plans Wayne, and have located supplies for Pin block wood, and hitch pins and piano wire, so all is going well so far. Plus MRs R does "pyrography" Celtic knotwork at that, so the finished result will be a quality item of beauty.

#1719090 - 07/23/11 12:51 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
polyphasicpianist Offline
1000 Post Club Member

People are playing a lot of mainstream stuff. How uncool man. grin

#1719194 - 07/23/11 10:00 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I’d like to post about another song by Schubert: Der Erlkönig.

This song tells us one story with four characters: one narrator, a son, a father, and the Death. The son sees that his death is too close. The father thinks that his son is just delirious. The Death wishes to the boy.

The music is really impressive. Schubert composed an amazing song working the dynamic and the tone.

Here we can listen to the most famous performance on this song. Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau sings magisterially, giving the precise details to every character. Pay attention as well to the phenomenal playing of Gerald Moore.

This video has subtitles, so it’s easy to follow the song.

My website

#1719312 - 07/23/11 01:35 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

Thanks for the Parsons! I remember we had that on vinyl. The Anitra's Dance is lovely - can't believe I've never heard it. I also like the Der Erlkönig. I wish I could play it.

#1719443 - 07/23/11 05:44 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: AimeeO]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Well, I was going to post up some more Grieg from the Peer Gynt suite for AimeeO and as a sort of mark of respect for what has happened in Norway.. Added to this today, the terrible sadness of Amy Winehouse's death, joining the "27 club"

So, a split memorial. first off "Death of Aase," Pictures on the Video, taken from Vigelands Park In Oslo, so I hope fitting.

Second is the wonderfull link Wayne gave me for Miss Winehouse of a video of an Acoustic version of "Back to Black" which shows off her talent.

#1719837 - 07/24/11 08:27 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

I've been away for a few days to complete a project. The tragic events in Norway and the loss of the gifted artist Amy Winehouse feel overwhelmIng. My first post for today is my dedication to the people of Norway and in memory of Amy Winehouse.

Here is guitarist Per-Olov Kindgren's performance of "Air on a G String" by J.S. Bach.

#1719895 - 07/24/11 10:56 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

It's Sunday morning, and I'd normally be listening to some classical music. However, I find myself wanting to tap into the rich musical treasures from my African American heritage. Kathleen Battle's performance of "Swing Low Sweet Chariot" is just what I am looking for.

#1719901 - 07/24/11 11:04 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

My next post is "Simple Gifts," a traditional American Shaker hymn which Aaron Copeland incorporated into his symphonic composition, "Appalachian Spring."

Here is the performance of soloist Robert Sims.

#1719911 - 07/24/11 11:13 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

I have to make this my final posting for today. Hang onto you seats for this rousing performance of Aaron Copeland's "Fanfare for the Common Man," performed by the New York Philharmonic under the baton of James Levine.

Have a great day everyone!

#1719961 - 07/24/11 12:34 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

Thanks for the Grieg, Ros. It really is terrible about Norway. It makes me sick that people's brains can operate in such a way that they feel by killing a bunch of random people they're doing the world a favor. And poor Amy. I wish that there was a cure for addictions.

In an odd twist, Back to Black was running through my head the last few days.

Songs for today:

#1720005 - 07/24/11 01:58 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

We have our own radio station, as the one's available to us here are rubbish! It plays songs at random from our collection which is huge. I kid you not, It has played the whole of Amy's album today, some of the songs one after another. How weird.

Amongst Amy Winehouse, this one was played;

which reminded me of this one

#1720032 - 07/24/11 03:08 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

For those interested, our radio station is available online also,

http://www.galaxy108.co.uk/

#1720055 - 07/24/11 03:59 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Ah Griffin, I did not know that "simple gifts" was that,I knew it as "Lord Of the Dance" so some checking taught me that this came later in 1967! I loved the Bach on Guitar, brilliant, thanks loads!!

AimeeO, loved the angels wings, and famous blue rain coat is one of my more favoured Leonard Cohen songs, saying that, his recent stuff is exceptionally nice!

Wayne, loved the Noah and the Whale ! and Lola ! And I see the similarity, with almost a Lou reed type voice talk-over style, Brill.

Recaredo, are you sure you are OK, you seem a little too interested in "Death" and things that relate to "Death" in a very sort of Emo way!! LOL are you a "Goth"? Thats OK too!!

Saying that, "Ive lost a friend and I don't know why" Eulogy to Lenny Bruce, NICO. Todays offering...

#1720077 - 07/24/11 04:37 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I've never heard that before Rossy, but it's yet another one that's helpful to me, I've been "just playin' around with chords today" (started off with Back to Black, Really, as soon as I woke up this morning, and I was pretty hung over by the way, never drinking that much again) Then I sort of got into the relationships between the sounds of different chords, and made up a few peices, (if you can call it that) playing in different styles, and using chord progressions, The music you posted is very similar to what I've been doing today! I'm gonna listen to that a few times, thnx smile

#1720083 - 07/24/11 04:46 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Lol, Rostosky, my next post about Schubert songs will be more cheerful.

But now, only for those who have enjoyed the original piano version of Der Erlkönig, here’s the orchestrated version by Hector Berlioz.

My website

#1720091 - 07/24/11 05:06 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Recaredo]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Recaredo, I hope you know I was only joking, this next one is with you in mind.
I personally am a big fan of Dead can dance for many reasons.
Please take the time to listen to this one all the way through,and let me know what you think.

The images in the video are just a few things that are in my mind, sort of constantly, and tie in with your previous observations, I hope you agree... I believe this stands up next to any choral classical music...........

Dead can dance, "The Host of Seraphim"

#1720098 - 07/24/11 05:24 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Don't worry Rossy. I know your humour and I enjoy it very much.

Now I have to go. I need to iron my shirt and lubricate my chains.

My website

#1720103 - 07/24/11 05:37 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Tomorrow I'll tell you my impressions about Dead can dance. It has been really impressive. But it's late in Spain and tomorrow is Monday. I hate Mondays.

Good night!

Edited by Recaredo (07/24/11 05:37 PM)

My website

#1720132 - 07/24/11 06:38 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Well, I could not go to the bed without telling this.

Actually I only feel horror about the Death. It’s too horrible. But sometimes the music upsets the mind in such way that we can see even attractive, something as horrifying as the Death is. This is dangerous, because the music has to be a consolation for our mind and soul. I have to remember the music only by the music, and forget its message soon after listening. Otherwise, the music is enough powerful to become a pain for the soul.

Rossy, that video is impressive, the music and the images hit any sensibility. But after listening I only take the melody and the harmony of the music.

I don’t know if my explanation is clear.

My website

#1720166 - 07/24/11 07:28 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I couldn't understand that Recaredo, I read it like this;

"Actually, I only feel horror about the Death! It’s too horrible! But sometimes the music upsets the mind in such way, that we can see even attractiveness, Something as horrifying as the Death, is. This is dangerous, because the music has to be a consolation for our mind and soul. I have to remember the music only by, the music, and forget its message soon after listening. Otherwise, the music is enough powerful to become a pain for the soul.

Rossy, that video is impressive, the music and the images hit any sensibility. But after listening I only take the melody and the harmony of the music.

I don’t know if my explanation is clear."

Page 15 of 246 < 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 245 246 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
Composer Statuettes
(ads) PD - WNG - MH
Wessell Nickel & Gross
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Charles Walter - Recent Pricing
by gte937k
05/24/15 02:08 PM
Advice on used piano for my daughter
by AnastasiaT
05/24/15 01:42 PM
Key Sensitivity/Dynamics
by Mace
05/24/15 12:15 PM
Looking to buy a small amp.
by Finfan
05/24/15 11:59 AM
How about SONY HDR-MV1 (Music Video Recorder)?
by S.H.Lee
05/24/15 10:20 AM
What's Hot!!
New Forum for Selling Your Products or Services
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
79,397 Registered Members
44 Forums
164,302 Topics
2,409,943 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission