Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 16 of 236 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 235 236 >
Topic Options
#1720168 - 07/24/11 07:33 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Sheffield UK
don't forget Recaredo, you can play the music and take charge of where the music goes, it doesn't have to lead you, YOU lead it!

(ads P/S)
Petrof Pianos

piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#1720214 - 07/24/11 09:20 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lost in cyberspace.in the UK.
Good translation attempt Wayne! However, I consulted some ancient manuscripts and can now show how I read it.

Recaredo: " I am extremely frightened and overly concerned with the Grim reaper, I see him where ever I go and am terrified to go to bed at night just in case he is hiding under my bed or in my wardrobe.

I fear the death taking me away with him by surprise, when I am least expecting him.

I hear him in all music, and find it hard to enjoy the music without thinking of the death in it.

I have written some poems about the death and his ugliness getting nearer to me, and have drawn a picture of the death, which hangs on my bedroom wall.

Sometimes I have picnics in the local graveyard at night to try and tempt the death into a trap I have built for him.

I carry this picture of the death in my pocket at all times, just so I never forget about the death being always present.

Here is the picture I carry.

"Seasons don't fear the Reaper, nor the wind the sun or the rain, we can be like they are "

AHHH, That, would be: "Blue oyster cult" then, and "Don't fear the Reaper"

Check this out Recaredo, and get ready for the "Stunning " at 2 minits 44 seconds onwards........

Edited by Rostosky (07/24/11 09:23 PM)

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project

#1720377 - 07/25/11 02:35 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Recaredo]
AimeeO Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013

Loc: New Orleans
Originally Posted By: Recaredo
Tomorrow I'll tell you my impressions about Dead can dance. It has been really impressive. But it's late in Spain and tomorrow is Monday. I hate Mondays.

#1720386 - 07/25/11 02:58 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: AimeeO]
Chris G Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Portland, Oregon
Originally Posted By: AimeeO
Originally Posted By: Recaredo
Tomorrow I'll tell you my impressions about Dead can dance. It has been really impressive. But it's late in Spain and tomorrow is Monday. I hate Mondays.

Nice one Aimee - some great piano on that track.

#1720435 - 07/25/11 05:55 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Southeast of Spain
Wayne. Thanks for the translation attempt. Writing those thoughts in English was difficult for me. BTW, your advice is very good.

Rossy. Brilliant post! (as usual). While I was reading it, I got my first laugh on this Monday.

Aimee, thanks for the dedication, but I cannot watch that video in my country. I’ve found this one. I suppose that it’s the same song. Beautiful song!

My website

#1720528 - 07/25/11 11:27 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

The very same.

#1720588 - 07/25/11 01:00 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Hi folks,
Sorry that I won't be able to post until later today.

#1720686 - 07/25/11 03:51 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Recaredo, This is a beautifull song, with death in it, I hope you like it, I do, a lot.

Thinking of folk who are no longer with us, caused me to remember a very good friend of mine, A big guy , both in stature and mind.
He was a draughsman on the concorde project back in the day.
British aerospace works many years in advance, what is on the drawing boards today may not exist in reality for a great many years.

He was in a topnotch and top paid job, and had allready bought his own house out of it.

One day, they came to him, and said "Well now that concorde is moving into production, we will be moving you onto other projects"

He said "what will they be then?"
They said "Tornado strike aircraft"

He said "No chance" They said " You work on what we tell you to"

He said " I will not put my skills to military aircraft, only civill aircraft"

They said, "there isnt a choice"

He said "yes there is" and left,never to return.

He spent the rest of his life gardening and brewing beer,and advising folk on their troubles and woes, and became a guru to many.

This song has always reminded me of him, Fairport convention, and "Crazy man Michael" Another beautifull rendition by Sandy Denny.

A dire warning: If you ask a Raven to tell you your future, be aware of the consequences. (The Raven was his true love.)

"For his true love has flown,into every flower grown,and he must be keeper of the garden" Lovely words.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

#1720704 - 07/25/11 04:19 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Rostosky
Recaredo, This is a beautifull song, with death in it, I hope you like it, I do, a lot.

I bet you do Rostosky lol, alot of the vids you post have a simlar sound. Do you know, thats how I came accross the Dulcimer vid on YT, by typing, Medievil folk song into google, because that's what the songs you post remind me of!

#1720721 - 07/25/11 04:33 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
1000 Post Club Member

My contribution for today smile

#1720764 - 07/25/11 05:28 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Wayne, I have not realy posted anything medieval! but I am interested in old folk songs, as they have often been reworked with new Ideas to give a new slant on things. Bob Dylan, for instance using Woody guthrie, and even in the classical world, Griegs was accused of being "Just a folk song writer" (In his time!)

Point being, that there is much to be gleaned, and possibly reworked from songs that time has either forgotten about, or has failed to discover, I am looking through the Archives in the University at Aberystwyth, because I found a document indexing "a number of songs" in a collection of personal papers from 1850, which may prove very interesting.

Anyways, DIG THIS: "Punk" Accordian girl Renee de la Prade, playing her heart out whilst some NUNS cheer, on the street in San Francisco, fantastic stuff, this is what "folk" music is all about...

Enjoy..

#1720924 - 07/25/11 10:25 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

I like that accordion player. I also can't help but think the nun on the right would have an awesome time if she went to some good gigs. I hope she does get to some good gigs, because there sure are a lot of them in SF.

I can't help it but every time I think of San Francisco and music I think of this:

#1720940 - 07/25/11 10:52 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Good one AimeeO , I like Zappa, but every time I hear the words San francisco, I just think of this......

#1721061 - 07/26/11 05:06 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

Ok we need songs for fried brains. I hate car hunting.

To put my mind in a quiet happy place, I offer you all this:

#1721297 - 07/26/11 03:12 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
1000 Post Club Member

Anyways, DIG THIS: "Punk" Accordian girl Renee de la Prade, playing her heart out whilst some NUNS cheer, on the street in San Francisco, fantastic stuff, this is what "folk" music is all about...

Enjoy..

LOL, REALLY.........LOL

#1721374 - 07/26/11 05:39 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Here you go AimeeO, this should calm you down, Ruby Tuesday, Melanie singing.
My advice for car hunting: Forget cars,buy a small bus,diesal and manual gearbox, put a woodburner in it, and build your bed at the back. A small cooker that runs on butane or propane.
Purchase a baby generator that runs off diesal, and get a digital piano.
Drive off into the sunset, park in the mountains, dig hole, place generator in hole, start it up, place carpets over top of hole to totally muffle genny noise.
Play digital piano loudly whilst sun sets.

Enjoy mountain scenery. (light woodburner to keep warm)

Wayne, nearly forgot to mention, we just dont get clapping dancing nuns in the UK do we? I always believed that nuns dont enjoy dancing till I saw that. Maybe the Uk just attracts deadly serious nun types?

Edited by Rostosky (07/26/11 05:44 PM)
Edit Reason: Forgot to mention dancing Nuns!!

#1721383 - 07/26/11 06:02 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
1000 Post Club Member

time is tight tonight Rossy!

Ur right, UK nuns aren't quite with it......

(I got 2 tales to tell here, but no time)

#1721385 - 07/26/11 06:05 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

OH, so strike that, just strike that totally.

WAYNE, your Nuns are not real nuns, But mine are!!

I "found myself" on Youtube searching "dancing Nuns" just in a research capacity, Imagine my surprise when I found a "Nun dance off" competition.

You have to bear with it till 2minits 24 seconds in, when sister Angelina goes a bit "Michael flatley"

This is not in isolation, I found another video of a Nun In a PUB in Ireland dancing away, I jest not, I consider I have been educated today in a hitherto unknown murky discipline of Nun dancing.
Nun dancing has just made me go Off topic! but hey, come on!!

Edited by Rostosky (07/26/11 06:07 PM)
Edit Reason: Waynes Nuns are "false nuns"

#1721732 - 07/27/11 11:22 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Good Morning! I've been scarce lately because it's been busy. I just felt like hearing from Gladys Knight & the Pips again. Here is "Midnight Train to Georgia." Hope you all have a great day.

#1721736 - 07/27/11 11:29 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Let's go down Memory Lane for me in the 1960s with the Staple Singers' performance of "I'll Take You There."

#1721832 - 07/27/11 02:36 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
1000 Post Club Member

OH, so strike that, just strike that totally.

WAYNE, your Nuns are not real nuns, But mine are!!

Posting fake Nun videos, I dunno, will try not to make a habit of it!

Nice to have you back Griffin, nice choices for your video posts. smile

Edited by wayne32yrs (07/27/11 02:37 PM)
Edit Reason: nothing to do with Nuns

#1721833 - 07/27/11 02:40 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
1000 Post Club Member

One from me smile

#1721859 - 07/27/11 03:24 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
1000 Post Club Member

My next choice of the evening, is singer/songwriter/pianist, Nicole94707 (from this very forum) Enjoy smile

I can't seem to get her new release to play on YT, I'm off to enquire about this!

Edited by wayne32yrs (07/27/11 03:48 PM)

#1721879 - 07/27/11 03:44 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
1000 Post Club Member

I'm on a roll...........

#1722028 - 07/27/11 07:33 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

More brilliant contributions folks,, I will add one of my own to Griffins 60's era, Frank Ifield, and "I remember you"

released in 1962, and found in my mams single collection, by me aged 4!! This has a little sad factor, the lyrics were written by johnny mercer, and related to Judy garland, apparently he then gave her the lyrics, the day after she got married to someone else.......
Life sure throws some bad curveballs at folk?

#1722051 - 07/27/11 08:17 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Got reminded somewhere else tonight of Nazareth, and remembered this wonderfully inspiring song version "this flight tonight"

I love the way this song is first Bass driven and only later drum driven, it just drives relentlessly, perfect for, well a fast drive in ones car or on ones motorcycle, or a mad dance round the living room....

#1722056 - 07/27/11 08:24 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

Great choices, everyone.
I bought a car so now I don't have to think about it anymore. I am relieved. Riding off in a bus did sound like a great idea.

I will start with this:

#1722057 - 07/27/11 08:31 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

and then this:

I've been listening to this song for almost 20 years and JUST found out Tom Waits did the voice of the Tommy the Cat. I am an idiot:

#1722060 - 07/27/11 08:38 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

WOW AimeeO never heard of Fiona Apple, that was really really good, it reminds me of something and I cannot think quite what, oooh, ang on its coming, yep thats it: It's so Weimer,
Caberet! Love it!!
Thanks.....

Edited by Rostosky (07/27/11 08:39 PM)
Edit Reason: FORGOT TO MENTION "WELL DONE GETTING A CAR!"

#1722078 - 07/27/11 09:07 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Well, I just posted this somewhere else, but feel its just too good to miss for the folks reading this thread, I love this ..

Page 16 of 236 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 235 236 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
91 registered (Akshay, 36251, ando, Almaviva, anotherscott, 28 invisible), 1230 Guests and 34 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74236 Members
42 Forums
153572 Topics
2250709 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Worth upgrading from Studiologic SL990 for a beginner?
by moonchild77
8 minutes 46 seconds ago
Improving upright repetition
by pinkfloydhomer
28 minutes 57 seconds ago
On Temperament strip muting, and other things
by Mark Davis
Today at 05:08 AM
NAAFI pianos
by PhilipInChina
Today at 04:41 AM
Yamaha Upright - Please help identify
by awyaks
Today at 01:00 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission