Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1722957 - 07/29/11 11:04 AM OMG! HARDEST PIANO PIECE EVER WRITTEN IN HISTORY!
Veganpilot Offline

Loc: WA
Do you think anyone's able to play the 'Circus Galop' by Hamelin?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xbkovCQMmc

It's practically and literally the hardest song to play ever! Do you think Franz Liszt would be able to play this song (if he was still alive today)? I think he would smile

Edited by Veganpilot (07/30/11 12:30 AM)
Edit Reason: It's piano piece ^-^ Happy now?

Ad 800 (Pearl River)
Pearl River World's Best Selling Piano
#1722960 - 07/29/11 11:08 AM Re: OMG! HARDEST PIANO SONG EVER WRITTEN IN HISTORY! [Re: Veganpilot]
Veganpilot Offline

Probably Rachmaninov could play it too.

#1722980 - 07/29/11 11:48 AM Re: OMG! HARDEST PIANO SONG EVER WRITTEN IN HISTORY! [Re: Veganpilot]
BruceD Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Victoria, BC
I guess the problem is that you're trying to play a "song" instead of singing it. That should solve the problem. By the way, do we really need the screaming caps?

#1722984 - 07/29/11 11:54 AM Re: OMG! HARDEST PIANO SONG EVER WRITTEN IN HISTORY! [Re: Veganpilot]
Fugue14 Offline

New Rule: People who call a piece of instrumental music a "song" must be banned.

#1722994 - 07/29/11 12:09 PM Re: OMG! HARDEST PIANO SONG EVER WRITTEN IN HISTORY! [Re: Fugue14]
WinsomeAllegretto Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Fugue14
New Rule: People who call a piece of instrumental music a "song" must be banned.

That's mean. How are people supposed to learn if we instantly slam the door in their face like that?

#1723022 - 07/29/11 12:59 PM Re: OMG! HARDEST PIANO SONG EVER WRITTEN IN HISTORY! [Re: Fugue14]
thaiguy20fromla Offline

Loc: California, USA
New Rule: People who repeatedly call a piece of instrumental music a "song" must be banned.

Fixed.
Piano Sonata K.333 - Mozart
WTC Prelude and Fugue in D Major, Bk 1 - Bach
Winnsboro Cotton Mill Blues - Rzewski
Piano Concerto No. 1 - Liszt
Sonatas and Interludes for Prepared Piano - Cage

#1723043 - 07/29/11 01:31 PM Re: OMG! HARDEST PIANO SONG EVER WRITTEN IN HISTORY! [Re: Veganpilot]
Revolet Offline

Loc: Miami
It's like dance dance revolution - just for the fingers! besides it sounds horrible...

#1723056 - 07/29/11 01:50 PM Re: OMG! HARDEST PIANO SONG EVER WRITTEN IN HISTORY! [Re: Veganpilot]
PaulaPiano34 Offline
1000 Post Club Member

This sounds impossible to sing! I'm afraid my range just isn't that big...

#1723078 - 07/29/11 02:36 PM Re: OMG! HARDEST PIANO SONG EVER WRITTEN IN HISTORY! [Re: Fugue14]
Mark_C Offline

Loc: New York
IMO saying "song" isn't that awful. smile

Prediction: For better or worse, like it or not, the the word is well on its way to having the expanded meaning of "any musical item." We might go to our graves protesting it, but after a couple hundred more years, hardly anyone will know that there was ever any issue about calling a non-vocal music piece a "song."

BTW, maybe in a similar vein....One time a friend told me after I played a recital that she enjoyed my "show." grin

P.S. It annoys the heil out of me whenever I hear "shipping" for delivery that doesn't involve a boat, which is like constantly. smile

#1723081 - 07/29/11 02:38 PM Re: OMG! HARDEST PIANO SONG EVER WRITTEN IN HISTORY! [Re: Veganpilot]
pianojerome Offline
9000 Post Club Member

He wrote it for player piano. And, just like many great composers, he exploited the possibilities of his instrument. It wasn't intended to be played by a person.

Also, I think the word "song" is out-dated and snobbish. From now on, every piece of music should be referred to as an "mp3". Even if it's a MIDI.

#1723083 - 07/29/11 02:40 PM Re: OMG! HARDEST PIANO SONG EVER WRITTEN IN HISTORY! [Re: pianojerome]
Mark_C Offline

Originally Posted By: pianojerome
....I think the word "song" is out-dated and snobbish. From now on, every piece of music should be referred to as an "mp3"....

ha ha ha

But maybe we shouldn't laugh....

#1723086 - 07/29/11 02:46 PM Re: OMG! HARDEST PIANO SONG EVER WRITTEN IN HISTORY! [Re: Veganpilot]
Piano*Dad Offline

Loc: Williamsburg, VA
Quote:
P.S. It annoys the heil out of me whenever I hear "shipping" for delivery that doesn't involve a boat, which is like constantly.

And what bothers me most of all, like, is when people, like, use like inappropriately. grin
Grotrian 192 #156455

https://www.youtube.com/user/dhfeld/videos

#1723087 - 07/29/11 02:47 PM Re: OMG! HARDEST PIANO SONG EVER WRITTEN IN HISTORY! [Re: Piano*Dad]
Mark_C Offline

Originally Posted By: Piano*Dad
And what bothers me most of all, like, is when people, like, use like inappropriately. grin

#1723089 - 07/29/11 02:50 PM Re: OMG! HARDEST PIANO SONG EVER WRITTEN IN HISTORY! [Re: Piano*Dad]
pianojerome Offline
9000 Post Club Member

Quote:
P.S. It annoys the heil out of me whenever I hear "shipping" for delivery that doesn't involve a boat, which is like constantly.

You don't like that?

Actually, I agree with you, but sometimes its hard to know when using like is appropriate. For example, if somebody's Facebook status is really tragic, and you want to express your empathy and compassion for that person, do you click the 'like' button? You like the way they wrote their status, even if you don't like what actually happened to them. It's a conundrum.

#1723090 - 07/29/11 02:50 PM Re: OMG! HARDEST PIANO SONG EVER WRITTEN IN HISTORY! [Re: pianojerome]
cubop Offline

Silver Supporter until Dec 28 2012

Loc: Norway
I think we should be happy as long as nobody calls the Circus Galop what it deserves to be called. Is it really a composition? To me it sounds more like a bad piano accident.

#1723091 - 07/29/11 02:51 PM Re: OMG! HARDEST PIANO SONG EVER WRITTEN IN HISTORY! [Re: Mark_C]
pianojerome Offline
9000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Mark_C

Darn, you beat me to it!

#1723101 - 07/29/11 03:13 PM Re: OMG! HARDEST PIANO SONG EVER WRITTEN IN HISTORY! [Re: Fugue14]
thalbergmad Offline

Loc: England

After they have been lined up against a wall and machine gunned.

Better that than go through their entire life thinking an instrumental composition is a song.

Thal

#1723115 - 07/29/11 03:30 PM Re: OMG! HARDEST PIANO SONG EVER WRITTEN IN HISTORY! [Re: Veganpilot]
BruceD Offline

Loc: Victoria, BC
Come back, Veganpilot; it wasn't the end of the world; just perhaps the end of the world as we know it! smile

Regards,

#1723127 - 07/29/11 03:54 PM Re: OMG! HARDEST PIANO SONG EVER WRITTEN IN HISTORY! [Re: Veganpilot]
PaulaPiano34 Offline
1000 Post Club Member

^^ Real PW treatment up there... lol

#1723131 - 07/29/11 04:00 PM Re: OMG! HARDEST PIANO SONG EVER WRITTEN IN HISTORY! [Re: Veganpilot]
PaulaPiano34 Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Veganpilot
Do you think anyone's able to play the 'Circus Galop' by Hamelin?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xbkovCQMmc

It's practically and literally the hardest song to play ever! Do you think Franz Liszt would be able to play this song (if he was still alive today)? I think he would smile

They say at the end of the video that it was written for two player pianos because some chords would need five hands.

#1723137 - 07/29/11 04:13 PM Re: OMG! HARDEST PIANO SONG EVER WRITTEN IN HISTORY! [Re: Veganpilot]
Tararex Offline

Loc: Middle Georgia, USA
I listened and could only think to myself: Why? For the love of all humanity, why?

On the other hand some very cool patterns did emerge from that thing-song and its machine. wow

#1723268 - 07/29/11 08:27 PM Re: OMG! HARDEST PIANO SONG EVER WRITTEN IN HISTORY! [Re: pianojerome]
scherzetto Offline

Loc: Canada
Quote:

You don't like that?

Actually, I agree with you, but sometimes its hard to know when using like is appropriate. For example, if somebody's Facebook status is really tragic, and you want to express your empathy and compassion for that person, do you click the 'like' button? You like the way they wrote their status, even if you don't like what actually happened to them. It's a conundrum.

LOL. I have a feeling it would be awfully entertaining reading a thread by you and Mark C solely on this subject!

#1723269 - 07/29/11 08:33 PM Re: OMG! HARDEST PIANO SONG EVER WRITTEN IN HISTORY! [Re: scherzetto]
PaulaPiano34 Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: scherzetto
Quote:

You don't like that?

LOL. I have a feeling it would be awfully entertaining reading a thread by you and Mark C solely on this subject!

Me 2

#1723270 - 07/29/11 08:37 PM Re: OMG! HARDEST PIANO SONG EVER WRITTEN IN HISTORY! [Re: Veganpilot]
Kuanpiano Offline
2000 Post Club Member

If you haven't already found it, there's a video on youtube with Hamelin's original handwritten score which scrolls along with the music. His little footnotes are absolutely hilarious....well at least the last one.

The end: "the tragic accident".
Rachmaninoff - Piano Sonata no.1

#1723289 - 07/29/11 09:34 PM Re: OMG! HARDEST PIANO SONG EVER WRITTEN IN HISTORY! [Re: Veganpilot]
jeffreyjones Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: San Jose, CA
It sounds better in NES sound, you can hear the inner voices much more clearly.

#1723297 - 07/29/11 09:47 PM Re: OMG! HARDEST PIANO SONG EVER WRITTEN IN HISTORY! [Re: pianojerome]
Damon Online   happy
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: St. Louis area
From now on, every piece of music should be referred to as an "mp3". Even if it's a MIDI.

But that's three syllables!

#1723320 - 07/29/11 11:20 PM Re: OMG! HARDEST PIANO SONG EVER WRITTEN IN HISTORY! [Re: scherzetto]
Mark_C Offline

Originally Posted By: scherzetto
....sometimes its hard to know when using like is appropriate. For example, if somebody's Facebook status is really tragic, and you want to express your empathy and compassion for that person, do you click the 'like' button? You like the way they wrote their status, even if you don't like what actually happened to them. It's a conundrum.

Thank you very much. ha
Maybe we can work on it..... grin

Originally Posted By: Damon
..."mp3"...
But that's three syllables!

Huh......the way most people say it, I thought it was one. ha

#1723331 - 07/29/11 11:59 PM Re: OMG! HARDEST PIANO SONG EVER WRITTEN IN HISTORY! [Re: Veganpilot]
Frozenicicles Offline
1000 Post Club Member

How do people say mp3 as one syllable? Now you have me really curious. Sorry for the OT, not that this was every on topic anyway.

#1723341 - 07/30/11 12:26 AM Re: OMG! HARDEST PIANO SONG EVER WRITTEN IN HISTORY! [Re: Frozenicicles]
Mark_C Offline

Originally Posted By: Frozenicicles
How do people say mp3 as one syllable? Now you have me really curious....

All I meant was that a lot of people (especially kids, I think) talk real fast, and that some words and phrases can come out almost as though they were 1 syllable, and that this is such a thing.

Any time you don't get something I said, just figure that it was probably stupid. grin

#1723344 - 07/30/11 12:30 AM Re: OMG! HARDEST PIANO SONG EVER WRITTEN IN HISTORY! [Re: BruceD]
Veganpilot Offline

It puts an emphasis to it smile By the way, it should have been 'piano piece'. Don't criticize me by the wrong usage of the words,I've written this listening to heavy metal. smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Brendan, Kreisler 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
107 registered (36251, aesop, Abby Pianoman, Allard, 34 invisible), 1243 Guests and 25 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75893 Members
42 Forums
156828 Topics
2304383 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Piano Tuning Database
by Sean Montgomery
Today at 05:35 AM
POSTING PICTURES
by bluebilly
Today at 03:19 AM
Goedkope Nike Free Run 2
by rstuvw780928
Today at 01:01 AM
Portable Power Supply for Digital Piano?
by piccione
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
on revisiting Chopin Etudes
by Lingyis
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission