2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
43 members (AlkansBookcase, Bruce Sato, APianistHasNoName, BillS728, bcalvanese, anotherscott, Carey, danno858, 9 invisible), 1,245 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 26 of 370 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 369 370

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Good morning! This is just a test. I'm having tech problems again. I'll be back as soon as I get it fixed.

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Okay, tech problem is partly solved. My first post was a party dance favorite when I was in high school. Here is Little Eva performing "Locomotion."

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

It's not midnight in Minneapolis. However, I'm in the mood to hear Wilsobn Picket's "In the Midnight Hour." It was one of our favorites in college. Rock on!

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Hold on Folks! I'm not done yet! Here's Sam & Dave singing "Hold On I'm Coming."

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

That's my final post for today. I've truly enjoyed all of the posts I heard yesterday. Keep sharing your favorite music. It's fun!

Have a great day!

Carl

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
This is probably the first and last time you will ever see me post a jazz vid.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Ah Wayne, We have a problem with staying up all night, no matter how hard we try , this allways seems to happen.
So, when our lad comes over for dinner, I have to institute a cunning plan.
2.30am: start to roast joint of beef.
5.00 am: stop roasting joint of beef, and take it out of oven to rest.
prepare cabage and cauliflower and leave in pan ready to cook.
prepare potatoes and leave in pan.

Prepare cantonese sauce in wok and leave.

6.00 am... sleep till 12.oo midday.

1.00pm part boil spuds, slice rested beef and put in wok with cantonese sauce.

1.10pm put part boiled spuds in oven to roast.

1.45pm put veg on to boil, and put wok on heat to heat beef in cantonese sauce.

2.00pm Boy arrives for dinner.
2.03pm make boy a brew while he waits for dinner to be served.
2.05pm serve dinner.
Simples.

Griffin, I loved this pointer sisters single....Fire!

Last edited by Rostosky; 07/31/11 12:01 AM. Reason: FORGOT TO THANK POLYPHASICPIANIST FOR IT BEING THE LAST TIME HE WILL POST A JAZZ VIDEO, AND TO COMMENT ON HIS FIRST POSTING OF A JAZZ VIDEO,BY SAYING :"YOU SHOULDNT, NO REALLY, YOU SHOULDNT, REALLY"

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Got slightly OT there what with explaining to Wayne how I cook in the night and why etc, (and also the introduction of jazz into an otherwise splendid thread!!LOL)

Anyways, Nik Turner.
I feel very smpathetic for Nik, and not just because I have been to a few of his legendary parties, (as he lives close to Carmarthen) or because he can oft be seen busking round christmas time on sax.

The main reason is because after he left hawkwind, he got together with a few ex-hawkwind members and formed a group.

These guys were all ex-hawkwind, so they called themselves "ex-hawkwind" and why not? one may be forgiven for asking.

Unfortunately, Dave Brock had decided to Copyright the Hawkwind name, and issued a summons for breach of that copyrighted name, so poor Nik and the others, even though they were all ex-hawkwind were not legally allowed to perform under that name.

Petty or what?

Anyways, (again) as a very interesting aside, Nik, back in the day, was given permission to record some three hours worth of flute playing Inside the Kings chamber in the great pyramid in Egypt.

I dont believe anyone else has ever had this privalege, nor is anyone else ever likely too in the future.

Here is Niks latest band Space Ritual, who are really sounding great, the dancer here is Angel, and she gets Nik dancing away in this song "walking backwards"

I know she is not the great Amazonian Stacia Blake, of days of yore, but nevertheless the whole crew is looking and sounding brilliant.

Well done NIK... There are many comments now to the effect that space ritual is more hawkwind than hawkwind!!!

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Rostosky
Edited by Rostosky (07/31/11 12:01 AM)
Edit Reason: FORGOT TO THANK POLYPHASICPIANIST FOR IT BEING THE LAST TIME HE WILL POST A JAZZ VIDEO, AND TO COMMENT ON HIS FIRST POSTING OF A JAZZ VIDEO,BY SAYING :"YOU SHOULDNT, NO REALLY, YOU SHOULDNT, REALLY"

Well . . . maybe one more . . .

But, really? Why would listen to that when you can listen to this . . .

. . . And now (just for fun) lets add some guitars, bass, and some scary sounds from an electronic bagpipe

Last edited by polyphasicpianist; 07/31/11 01:55 AM. Reason: P.S. That middle video is how you make Buddy Rich look like a novice ;-)
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
I never actually believed the saying "sometimes less is more"
It always sounded stupid:

More has to be more than less, by definition.
And by the same token less, is always less than more.

Imagine my surprise after all of the drumming videos, when I found an example of more being done with less, which , admitidly isn't an example of more is less, but it does show less can be more. More or less.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
That crazy drummer is actually a pro named Richard Baxter. He was at one time the drummer for Ronnie James Dio, who took over vocals for Black Sabbath after Ozzy. So the logical thing to do now is play some black sabbath. But I won't, here is some Iron Maiden instead. Why? Because its just so damn awesome!

It is interesting to note that the drummer in this vid (Nico McBrain) originally started as a Jazz drummer.

Last edited by polyphasicpianist; 07/31/11 03:21 AM. Reason: OH NO, NO, NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES! AHHH MY EYES! MY EYES! AUUGHHH . . .
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
AH , PPP, seeing as you mentioned ozzy , here is s little joke.

Question: "what is a sharon osbourne good for?"
Answer; "Spending ozzys money"

Here is another good street drummer, the last I will post as this has gone off topic with drummers.

Last edited by Rostosky; 07/31/11 06:13 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention my delight in noting nico mcbrain finally saw the light and stopped being a jazz thingy.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
So, getting back to the music, Here and Now with "ways to be free" a lovely little regae track....From the albumn fantasy shift.
Enjoy, chill, dream.

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Hello everyone! It's Sunday, and I'll be posting some of the classical music I typically listen to on a leisurely Sunday morning. My first posting is Maurice Andre performing "Concerto for Trumpet and Clarinet Sextet in A Major, by Tomaso Albonini.

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

My next posting is the Parker Quartet performing Movement I - Allegro Moderato. Tres Doux, from Mauice Ravel's String Quartet in F Major. I had the pleasure of hearing this vibrant Grammy award winning ensemble when they performed in Minneapolis a few months ago. See what you think!

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
I first heard Brittish classical guitarist, Julian Bream, when I was a college student. It was the first time I had heard classical guitar and lute music. What a wonderful way to be introduced! Here is his performance of Villa-Lobos - Preludes 3 & 4. This will be my final classical post.

Have a great day!

Last edited by griffin2417; 07/31/11 06:08 PM. Reason: Forgot to name the featured artist!

Carl

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Griffin, Beautiful posts. I like your weekend music so much. The Ravel’s string quartet is impressive.

This weekend I’ve stayed in a small village, near to the coast. Saturday night there was a street party in the village, with a music ensemble. They played mostly Pasodobles. It’s a light music, but it’s very beautiful. I enjoyed it very much.

Here’s an example called Suspiros de España:

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Great posts guys!

Rostosky, hope the Sunday roast went well. I've been a busy bee 2day, fitted 2 blinds, and constructed a flat pack dining table, (talk about getting stressed with the silly, unhelpfull instructions, ie don't wrap blind chord round neck, may cause strangulation, (I'm serious!))

And you should'a seen the chair my other half put together, I was p*ssing myself laughing.

Anyway, having tikka massala for supper, so thought this was appropriate, (well, for me)

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Excellent Sunday choices Griffin!! (even if I am viewing them at 5.30 am monday morning!)

Recaredo, I like Suspiros de Espana, I liked the music, and also the second violinist (the attractive lady with the long brown hair) and also the lady playing the flute. Please could you go back and get their email addresses and tell them they can be my friends on F/book. If you can get their phone numbers as well, that would be helpfull, Mrs Rossy doesn't mind , she says its normal for most latin country residents to have mistresses, so why not here in the UK as well? A valid point I am sure you will agree.

Wayne, Posting a future Bollywood "classic" will not distract me from taunting you over incompetent flat pack furniture construction techniques.

Everyone knows that the instructions are only there for you to check that you have all the bits that you are meant to have.

After that has been established, the instructions have no further value, and common sense usually has to be employed.

Remember though, this is NOT, I repeat NOT "English" common sense, building Ikea furniture relies on the ability to use Swedish common sense, an altogether more complex discipline involving the detailed and precise demployment of random factors and abstract reasoning only ever completely understood
by Swedes. ( And a 11 year old savant from Hungary who was unable to do anything else, except make a "bibble" noise without opening his mouth)

Anyways, time for some more Velvet underground, and the dangers involved in mailing yourself to some loved one hidden inside a cardboard box,
Dont do it, just don't do it, especially by parcel force next day delivery...

The velvet underground: "The Gift" From the albumn "white light white heat"

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Good evening folks! I've decided to do one evening posting. My final posting for the day is Esperanza Spalding, a jazz vocalist and multi-instrumentalist. She was recently awarded the Grammy 2011 Best New Artist of the Year award. Here she performs "Little Fly."

Carl

Page 26 of 370 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 369 370

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,159
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission