Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 19 of 236 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 235 236 >
Topic Options
#1725254 - 08/02/11 02:37 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lost in cyberspace.in the UK.
Sleep it off first Wayne, then a few coffees and a fried breakfast.. I dont drink, but I know the fry up works.
Mmmm, there is nothing like bacon except bacon.

Edited by Rostosky (08/02/11 02:38 PM)
Edit Reason: Forgot to mention "It's only 7.30 pm, how can you allready have had loads to drink?"

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project

(ads P/S)
Petrof Pianos

piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#1725257 - 08/02/11 02:40 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Online   content
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Sheffield UK
That's funny lol!

Took a bit of figuring out lol, I suggest; she must have video'd the four different angles seperatly, walking the same routine four times. Then play the four videos similtaneously. So she cant actually see anything, apart from downwards, and that's how she can see the path she has to walk, for it to work. (?)

#1725258 - 08/02/11 02:41 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
1000 Post Club Member

Not drinking yet Rossy, gonna open my first...... errrrr now smile

Oh and I'm veggie, so have to have veggie fry-ups, there still nice.

Edited by wayne32yrs (08/02/11 02:42 PM)
Edit Reason: to mention I have to have fake bacon

#1725272 - 08/02/11 03:19 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Hi Everyone! I may not be posting again until late today. Besides job related stuff, I have to practice and record for the quarterly ABF Piano Recital! EEEK!!! Someone hasn't been practicing piano enough, and instead posting his favorite tunes. Who could that sluff off be??? wink

I'm loving the great posts I'm hearing today. We'll see if I can squeeze some time in tonight for one of my mellow evening posts. Have a great day!

#1725282 - 08/02/11 03:35 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
1000 Post Club Member

Alright Griffin? I did a recording earlier today, it didn't go too bad, but I'm wondering whether to hold off uploading it, and do a couple more, 'cos I know I can play it a bit better, it's the red dot thingy, I get nervous, and rather than just playing it and listening, without thinking, I start thinking about what I'm playing, which removes the feeling, if that makes sense?

Hope your's goes well and look forward to hearing it smile

Sorry to go OT on your thread with the ABF recital Rossy smile

#1725392 - 08/02/11 06:03 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Southeast of Spain
Hi my friends.

I really want to listen to your recordings. I'm sure your performances will be very good, because all of you love the music. That's the most important thing to become a great pianist.

Coming back to this fantastic thread, I'd like to share this music. When I listened to it for the first time, I thought that it was the most beautiful music in the world.

My website

#1725476 - 08/02/11 08:27 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
1000 Post Club Member

Lovely Recaredo smile

Did u know Rostosky can play that piece with only his left foot? It did cause a bit of a a stir, here at PW! No-one was sure if it fell inline with the rules n regulations, but luckily for Rossy, it fell on a tuesday!

#1725577 - 08/03/11 12:08 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: wayne33yrs]
griffin2417 Offline

Originally Posted By: wayne32yrs
Alright Griffin? I did a recording earlier today, it didn't go too bad, but I'm wondering whether to hold off uploading it, and do a couple more, 'cos I know I can play it a bit better, it's the red dot thingy, I get nervous, and rather than just playing it and listening, without thinking, I start thinking about what I'm playing, which removes the feeling, if that makes sense?

Hope your's goes well and look forward to hearing it smile

Sorry to go OT on your thread with the ABF recital Rossy smile

Wayne, I'll go OT one more time about the recital. I assume you record at home, right? My advice is keep what you've already recorded, and record again if you want. Then compare the two and decide which you feel most comfortable presenting.

I think my recording went pretty well today. However, I just do an audio recording. I have the luxury of having someone else record me on the stage of a small theater near where I work. I'll send you a PM with a few more details.

#1725586 - 08/03/11 12:19 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Recaredo]
griffin2417 Offline

Originally Posted By: Recaredo
Hi my friends.

I really want to listen to your recordings. I'm sure your performances will be very good, because all of you love the music. That's the most important thing to become a great pianist.

Coming back to this fantastic thread, I'd like to share this music. When I listened to it for the first time, I thought that it was the most beautiful music in the world.

Your post was absolutely beautiful Recaredo. I love choral music. I would love to hear some more. Perhaps you might have something for this weekend. Thanks.

#1725665 - 08/03/11 03:41 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Hya Folks! Nice one Recaredo, Do you have any likes in Popoular music? It would be good to hear them....

Wayne and Griffin, I am still waiting for spare parts for my Digital Piano that are meant to be on their way from Australia.
Untill they arrive, I cannot record anything to post, which is really starting to get on my nerves..
My keyboard now has the D below middle C and the A above it not sounding due to broken counterweights, with two more notes going the same way.... I have been trying to obtain these spares now for over a month, but have been promised they are on the way.

This is so aggrevating, I have to play either everything an octave higher or use inversions of chords to avoid the bum notes.....

Hopefully I will make the Sept or Oct deadline.

Anyways, here is a song sung by Maggie Reilly...Mike oldfields Moonlight shadow...

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

#1725893 - 08/03/11 01:30 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
1000 Post Club Member

You seriously being serious Rossy, I just can't tell lol smile

Here's the song I'm playing for the recital, I'm not normally "into" this type of music, but this is an exeption;

#1725905 - 08/03/11 01:44 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Evening Wayne, yep unfortunately I am being serious, and really miffed about it too... Do not buy an Ashton Stageperformer 500 , In the UK, you cannot get directly in touch with Ashton, only the distributers.. Mine was just out of garauntee when the counterweights started to break down.

It is a manufacturing fault, they have like this clear coloured rubber coating, well it had gone brittle and started to disintegrate, nasty.

If, and I say if, it is not sorted soon, I am seriously considering making a big publicity stunt, of ditching the keyboard off a cliff, on fire, and getting in touch with Roland, to say, hey do you wanna use this for an advert...like "should have bought a Roland?"

Thing is, I have an Ashton guitar, semi acoustic spanish, that is lovely, and a mixing desk, also made by ashton, no probs at all with them... Just their "flagship" keyboard.

Grrrr. £500 worth..

#1725947 - 08/03/11 02:48 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Rostosky
If, and I say if, it is not sorted soon, I am seriously considering making a big publicity stunt, of ditching the keyboard off a cliff, on fire, and getting in touch with Roland, to say, hey do you wanna use this for an advert...like "should have bought a Roland?"

Do it.......lol

#1725965 - 08/03/11 03:09 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

I will give them a few more weeks yet, they have promised the parts are on the way by express to the UK..Hmmm.

Meanwhile, I am developing a most stupid playing style!!

I love the D below middle C and the A above middle C, I use them in D minor AND d major chords!!

Anyways, I dont want to dwell on my little probs... happy happy... upwards and onwards, happy trails an all that!

More music..>. Seeing as I should have bought a keyboard made in Germany by folk with pride in their work, strict quality control, and absolutely NO messing about, and tidy properly when you have finished, zeriously.
Made me think of Kraftwerk....... Model.

#1726032 - 08/03/11 04:44 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Afternoon everyone (it's afternoon here). Finally, I am at my desktop computer and can see everyone's postings. I've enjoyed them all. Rossy, thanks for playing another piece featuring Maggie Reilly. I've started looking up a few others. Also, thanks for the Kraftwerks. I've heard of them, but never had a chance to hear them. I'd like to explore some of their other works. I understand some of the early Rap artists listened to Kraftwerks because of their use of electronics.

Wayne, I rarely have a chance to listen to Radiohead. I liked your posting. I'm looking forward to your recital recording!

Rossy, your piano frustrations tempted me to go totally OT about my frustrations with trying to start up a new phone system. I'll leave it at that!

I'll be back very shortly with a couple of postings!

#1726052 - 08/03/11 05:06 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

My first posting today will be a late 1950s and early 60s heart throb with many of my friends in high school. Here is Jackie Wilson singing one of his hits, "Lonely Teardrops."

#1726053 - 08/03/11 05:10 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Speaking of heart throbs, here is another one from Memory Lane. Here Sam Cooke sings, "You Send Me."

#1726056 - 08/03/11 05:14 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Okay, time to get out your dancing shoes! Here is Dee Dee Sharp singing "Mashed Potato Time." Another party favorite when I was in high school.

#1726057 - 08/03/11 05:15 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Rossy, is this one your digital piano?

http://www.fivestarmusic.com.au/epages/f...Products/860060

I say it because that piano looks like these ones:

http://www.thomann.de/es/thomann_sp5500.htm

http://www.musicstore.com/en_EN/EUR/Pian...-KEY0002885-000

http://www.medeli.com.hk/products/sp/sp-5500.html

Maybe you should have several ways to get the pieces that you need to repair the piano.

My website

#1726058 - 08/03/11 05:17 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

That's it for now. I must run. I am hoping I can do a later posting. If not, have a great day everyone!

#1726064 - 08/03/11 05:24 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Have a nice day, Griffin. Thanks for your posts.

Edited by Recaredo (08/03/11 05:25 PM)

My website

#1726104 - 08/03/11 06:42 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
1000 Post Club Member

Hello Griffin and Recardo, great posts Griffin, and Rossy, like Kraftwork - the model, and yes aren't the Germans efficient.

I leave you with another of my favourite Amy Winehouse, (i must "finish" my piano version, it's been a while since I played this)

night everyone

Edited by wayne32yrs (08/03/11 06:43 PM)

#1726231 - 08/03/11 11:18 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: wayne33yrs]
polyphasicpianist Offline
1000 Post Club Member

This is a Public Service Announcement:

ROCK N' ROLL!

#1726299 - 08/04/11 01:28 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Since this will be my last post for the evening, my music will wind you down! I've listened to Joan Baez for many years, and truly enjoy her music. I must admit, however, that my favorite is "Diamonds and Rust.".

Have a listen, and see what you think. Good night!

Edited by griffin2417 (08/04/11 01:30 AM)

#1726315 - 08/04/11 01:56 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013

Loc: New Orleans
Time for me to wind down my day. I've been trying to practice but it's one of those day where I am hitting all the wrong keys.

Wayne, I never got into Radiohead, except I've always loved that song. So I am excited to see how your recital recording turns out.

Sorry about your keyboard Ros. On the bright side, at least you don't have a functioning keyboard that sounds broken because of the player.

PPP, great tune.

Griffin, great choices, as always. Can't wait til I hear your piece, either!

Rec, you always have good classical pieces.

Here's a composer I like. I heard a piece on the classical music channel on cable, and wrote the guy's name down. A few months later, I go to Amazon to try to buy some stuff written by him, and it's all out of print. And there's only like 2-3 pieces on YouTube. The guy is still alive, too. It's all very annoying. Here he is playing something. I think its one of his pieces.

Edited by AimeeO (08/04/11 01:58 AM)

#1726320 - 08/04/11 02:02 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

This is dumb, but it's running through my head. Plus we bought glassware like one of the characters always drinks out of, and I am currently drinking VO and ginger out of one of the glasses.

#1726323 - 08/04/11 02:08 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

and some Gimmes doing Danny's Song..

#1726324 - 08/04/11 02:10 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: AimeeO]
polyphasicpianist Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Sorry, couldn't resist

#1726325 - 08/04/11 02:10 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

And more Seu Jorge!

#1726326 - 08/04/11 02:15 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

hahaha my cat would totally be in the chicken too!

Page 19 of 236 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 235 236 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
165 registered (accordeur, ando, 36251, Akshay, 54 invisible), 1494 Guests and 28 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74250 Members
42 Forums
153590 Topics
2251009 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New 52" upright with 10K budget?
by WCSdancer
6 minutes 51 seconds ago
give up on old acoustics and buy a digital?
by carojm36
52 minutes 16 seconds ago
I think I have a problem
by JoelW
Today at 05:02 PM
Etude in G
by Polyphonist
Today at 03:58 PM
A Piano Song With Notes In It
by Ritzycat
Today at 03:51 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission