Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 18 of 236 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 235 236 >
Topic Options
#1723889 - 07/31/11 03:15 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
polyphasicpianist Offline
1000 Post Club Member

That crazy drummer is actually a pro named Richard Baxter. He was at one time the drummer for Ronnie James Dio, who took over vocals for Black Sabbath after Ozzy. So the logical thing to do now is play some black sabbath. But I won't, here is some Iron Maiden instead. Why? Because its just so damn awesome!

It is interesting to note that the drummer in this vid (Nico McBrain) originally started as a Jazz drummer.

Edited by polyphasicpianist (07/31/11 03:21 AM)
Edit Reason: OH NO, NO, NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES! AHHH MY EYES! MY EYES! AUUGHHH . . .

(ads P/S)
Petrof Pianos

piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#1723900 - 07/31/11 06:10 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lost in cyberspace.in the UK.
AH , PPP, seeing as you mentioned ozzy , here is s little joke.

Question: "what is a sharon osbourne good for?"
Answer; "Spending ozzys money"

Here is another good street drummer, the last I will post as this has gone off topic with drummers.

Edited by Rostosky (07/31/11 06:13 AM)
Edit Reason: Forgot to mention my delight in noting nico mcbrain finally saw the light and stopped being a jazz thingy.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project

#1723901 - 07/31/11 06:22 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

So, getting back to the music, Here and Now with "ways to be free" a lovely little regae track....From the albumn fantasy shift.
Enjoy, chill, dream.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

#1724069 - 07/31/11 03:38 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012

Loc: Minneapolis, MN

Hello everyone! It's Sunday, and I'll be posting some of the classical music I typically listen to on a leisurely Sunday morning. My first posting is Maurice Andre performing "Concerto for Trumpet and Clarinet Sextet in A Major, by Tomaso Albonini.

#1724072 - 07/31/11 03:48 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

My next posting is the Parker Quartet performing Movement I - Allegro Moderato. Tres Doux, from Mauice Ravel's String Quartet in F Major. I had the pleasure of hearing this vibrant Grammy award winning ensemble when they performed in Minneapolis a few months ago. See what you think!

#1724081 - 07/31/11 04:06 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

I first heard Brittish classical guitarist, Julian Bream, when I was a college student. It was the first time I had heard classical guitar and lute music. What a wonderful way to be introduced! Here is his performance of Villa-Lobos - Preludes 3 & 4. This will be my final classical post.

Have a great day!

Edited by griffin2417 (07/31/11 06:08 PM)
Edit Reason: Forgot to name the featured artist!

#1724113 - 07/31/11 05:16 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Southeast of Spain
Griffin, Beautiful posts. I like your weekend music so much. The Ravel’s string quartet is impressive.

This weekend I’ve stayed in a small village, near to the coast. Saturday night there was a street party in the village, with a music ensemble. They played mostly Pasodobles. It’s a light music, but it’s very beautiful. I enjoyed it very much.

Here’s an example called Suspiros de España:

My website

#1724129 - 07/31/11 05:50 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Sheffield UK
Great posts guys!

Rostosky, hope the Sunday roast went well. I've been a busy bee 2day, fitted 2 blinds, and constructed a flat pack dining table, (talk about getting stressed with the silly, unhelpfull instructions, ie don't wrap blind chord round neck, may cause strangulation, (I'm serious!))

And you should'a seen the chair my other half put together, I was p*ssing myself laughing.

Anyway, having tikka massala for supper, so thought this was appropriate, (well, for me)

#1724291 - 08/01/11 01:03 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Excellent Sunday choices Griffin!! (even if I am viewing them at 5.30 am monday morning!)

Recaredo, I like Suspiros de Espana, I liked the music, and also the second violinist (the attractive lady with the long brown hair) and also the lady playing the flute. Please could you go back and get their email addresses and tell them they can be my friends on F/book. If you can get their phone numbers as well, that would be helpfull, Mrs Rossy doesn't mind , she says its normal for most latin country residents to have mistresses, so why not here in the UK as well? A valid point I am sure you will agree.

Wayne, Posting a future Bollywood "classic" will not distract me from taunting you over incompetent flat pack furniture construction techniques.

Everyone knows that the instructions are only there for you to check that you have all the bits that you are meant to have.

After that has been established, the instructions have no further value, and common sense usually has to be employed.

Remember though, this is NOT, I repeat NOT "English" common sense, building Ikea furniture relies on the ability to use Swedish common sense, an altogether more complex discipline involving the detailed and precise demployment of random factors and abstract reasoning only ever completely understood
by Swedes. ( And a 11 year old savant from Hungary who was unable to do anything else, except make a "bibble" noise without opening his mouth)

Anyways, time for some more Velvet underground, and the dangers involved in mailing yourself to some loved one hidden inside a cardboard box,
Dont do it, just don't do it, especially by parcel force next day delivery...

The velvet underground: "The Gift" From the albumn "white light white heat"

#1724292 - 08/01/11 01:16 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Good evening folks! I've decided to do one evening posting. My final posting for the day is Esperanza Spalding, a jazz vocalist and multi-instrumentalist. She was recently awarded the Grammy 2011 Best New Artist of the Year award. Here she performs "Little Fly."

#1724294 - 08/01/11 01:18 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Thanks Recaredo and Wayne. I enjoyed both of your posts very much. However, Wayne, I laughed myself silly and started getting hungry for a curry dinner! laugh

Good night!

Edited by griffin2417 (08/01/11 01:26 AM)

#1724295 - 08/01/11 01:22 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Night Griffin! I keep missing you online as I have been keeping unusual hours!

#1724320 - 08/01/11 02:41 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Elssa Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: NY
Really great stuff, all! thumb

Renaissance

#1724420 - 08/01/11 09:27 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Good one Elssa, glad your enjoying it....
Heres an old one, I expected someone else to post this, but they didn't so here it is....lovely song....Mike Oldfields sister Sally, From the water bearer albumn, and a hit single "Mirrors"

Enjoy...

#1724492 - 08/01/11 12:08 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Rossy, I loved this! I've never heard Sally before. Though my partner has a few mike Oldfield CDs, which I also enjoy. I can't view the Velvet Underground on this cursed device I'm using right now. I will be at a desktop later. I'm very interested. I used to listen to some Velvet in college.

Elssa, thanks for Renaissance. I had not heard them before. I really enjoyed it. Keep them coming!

Folks, today is nuts! I have to rush off to finish yet another project. I won't be able to post until late today. Hope you all have a great day!

#1724511 - 08/01/11 12:36 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013

Loc: New Orleans
Great stuff this weekend.. sorry I was such a slacker.
I'll start off with some VU, also.

#1724514 - 08/01/11 12:39 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: AimeeO]
AimeeO Offline

Here's some White Stripes..

#1724519 - 08/01/11 12:53 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

And Ella!

#1724617 - 08/01/11 03:29 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Well aparantly, today is "Yorkshire day" (News to me, but all the staff at the coop, on the shopping centre where I work, were dressed up for the occassion) So I jumped on the band waggon and 'av spent the day talking with an exagerated Yorkshire accent, and had a good few strange looks, and some laughter! Here's something a little different!

Edited by wayne32yrs (08/01/11 03:30 PM)

#1724864 - 08/01/11 10:43 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: wayne33yrs]
1000 Post Club Member

In Canada, today (which was formerly just a meaningless civic holiday) is now called "Emancipation Day," commemorating the commonwealth's emancipation of slaves.

#1724916 - 08/02/11 12:24 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: polyphasicpianist]
griffin2417 Offline

Originally Posted By: polyphasicpianist
In Canada, today (which was formerly just a meaningless civic holiday) is now called "Emancipation Day," commemorating the commonwealth's emancipation of slaves.

This is wonderful! Thanks for letting us know.

#1724921 - 08/02/11 12:39 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Well, I've been scarce today. And I'm eager to listen to today's postings. In the meantime, I'll offer my contribution.

This is my only post for today, and it's night time where I live. Therefore, I'm much more interested in music to unwind to. I had planned to do tonight's post later this weekend. However, the voice of Margo Timmins and Cowboy Junkies is just what I want to hear tonight. Here is their performance of "Shining Moon.".

Good Night!

#1724952 - 08/02/11 01:42 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: griffin2417]
1000 Post Club Member

I find this is a nice set of peices to wind me down at night

#1724967 - 08/02/11 02:20 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Well, Heres to trying to answer everyone, AimeeO I love the VU and enjoyed the white stripes, Griffin, Cowboy Junkies are new to me, and I enjoyed that song a lot, Thank you!!

Polyphasicpianist, Wayne allready knows this, but I was born in Hull, what he doesn't know, is that at age 4, I was taken to William Wilberforce's House, which is a Museum.
Wilberforce was of course another Hull man,who fought all his adult life for the abolition of slavery, the best part of thirty years. He finally heard his bill passed just three days before his death. A lifelong friend of william pitt and buried in Westmisnster abbey.

Being taken to a slavey museum at such an early age had a profound and lasting affect upon me, the details, and images seen there are hauntingly horrible in the extreme, I would strongly advocate every child be shown around wilberforce house, lest by default , awareness of such inhumanity should become diminished.

It would also teach a valuable lesson: that the apparent "need" for the latest Xbox or mobile phone, when viewed in the light of ongoing human suffering all around us, is a selfish and ultimately futile mindset to be trapped into.

Everything was taken from the slaves, even their names, to be "given" so called Christian names.

In Carmarthen, there is an edifice to Thomas Picton, this is because he was a "war hero" and fell in the battle of waterloo.

However, what it does not mention on the edifice, is that Picton Governed the Island Of Trinidad with excessive brutality, meeting out abitary executions of (mainly) slaves.
Without any due process. His motto was, and I quote: "let them hate as long as they fear" When back in Britain he was charged with many of these serious offences,but wangled his way out of most of them on technical legalities.

He made much money from slavery.
Every time I see the edifice, I want to deface it or damage it, it is an affront to all that is proper.

Wayne, I never knew it was Yorkshire day, didn't even know there was such a thing, and what is Yorkshire dress?

It better not be flat cap, and a ferrett in the pocket , thats just sterotyping surely?
Heres a picture of wilberforce house.....more than worth a visit for anyone who finds themselves in Hull.

And for my first music of the day........Dire Straits, and Brothers in Arms.

#1724969 - 08/02/11 02:25 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Elssa Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: NY
Okay, one more from Renaissance - Carpet of the Sun. smile

#1724972 - 08/02/11 02:36 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Thats really nice Elssa, thank you.

#1725221 - 08/02/11 01:43 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Rostosky
Wayne, I never knew it was Yorkshire day, didn't even know there was such a thing, and what is Yorkshire dress?

It better not be flat cap, and a ferrett in the pocket , thats just sterotyping surely?

Near enough, although the ferretts had to be substituated with snotty rags! (Like the ones your nan used to spit on to wipe your face - this wasn't just me, was it?)

#1725231 - 08/02/11 02:00 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: wayne33yrs]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Good evening Wayne, and yes it was just you, we were poor, but we did have a bucket and flannel for washing.
The water in the bucket was first used to peel potatoes, then grandad would slap granmas inner thighs with his leather belt, and when they went red, he would place the bucket there to heat up for our wash.
I was lucky, I was only 14th inline for the weekly bucket wash.
After we had all finished, granma used to have her shave in the water, then the "stock" (as she called it) was used for gravy making. It was tough in Yorkshire in those days, but we didn't complain, because we knew the Tongue stealer would come at night and cut our tongues out for being soft.

Forgot to mention, Grandad did use to spit on hankys, but that was blood on account of his TB, he wouldnt go to Doctors though, and preferred to pretend his cough was non-terminal and non infectious.

Edited by Rostosky (08/02/11 02:04 PM)
Edit Reason: Forgot to mention the TB.

#1725245 - 08/02/11 02:24 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Folks you gotta see this, its not music, but I dont know what it is, but the view showing the back of the head, also shows whats coming up like the lampost and trees...This is weird stuff indeed, and may interest you.....

Ipad head girl....???

#1725247 - 08/02/11 02:28 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Rostosky
Good evening Wayne, and yes it was just you, we were poor, but we did have a bucket and flannel for washing.
The water in the bucket was first used to peel potatoes, then grandad would slap granmas inner thighs with his leather belt, and when they went red, he would place the bucket there to heat up for our wash.
I was lucky, I was only 14th inline for the weekly bucket wash.
After we had all finished, granma used to have her shave in the water, then the "stock" (as she called it) was used for gravy making. It was tough in Yorkshire in those days, but we didn't complain, because we knew the Tongue stealer would come at night and cut our tongues out for being soft.

Forgot to mention, Grandad did use to spit on hankys, but that was blood on account of his TB, he wouldnt go to Doctors though, and preferred to pretend his cough was non-terminal and non infectious.

We could go down the road................you were lucky, we didn't even have a bucket! But I think MontyPython already did a good job of that earlier, lol.

Gonna watch the vid you just posted, then will be back a bit later, probabily talkin' about things totally inapproriate, induced by my exessive drinking!

smile

Page 18 of 236 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 235 236 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
143 registered (Almaviva, 3rd Ear, ando, ADWyatt, 41 invisible), 1802 Guests and 36 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74270 Members
42 Forums
153630 Topics
2251703 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Enjoyment from an out-of-tune piano?
by Beemer
4 minutes 27 seconds ago
CA95 noisy front rail
by lolatu
Today at 10:57 AM
It's not so simple as the 10,000 hour rule.
by Brad Hoehne
Today at 10:43 AM
Day brightener
by Chuck Behm
Today at 10:09 AM
Paris Atelier
by Beemer
Today at 09:20 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission