2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
66 members (benkeys, 1200s, aphexdisklavier, akse0435, AlkansBookcase, Alex Hutor, AndyOnThePiano2, amc252, 10 invisible), 1,847 guests, and 273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Something is not configured correctly there Wayne, you should not have to uninstall reason!! my guess its the "Midi in " box in reason isnt checked?

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
[Linked Image]

1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Look at the top left hand corner "Hardware interface - no sound" (My first WTF)

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Drivers for High Definition Audio devices have a habit of listing SPDIF outputs before the analog ones. As a consequence, the first two or more ASIO channels will be routed to SPDIF, if you use the default configuration. You can change this by either disabling the SPDIF output in the ASIO4ALL control panel or correctly assigning ASIO channels in your audio application.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
I haven't got the ASIO control panel, if I go to all programs, ASIO, there's just readme and uninstall, and no icon in the system tray. I'm gonna uninstall reason and reinstall, failing that, I will uninstall ASIO and Reason, and then Reinstall Reason, as I had it b4, Im seriously p*ssed lol.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Wayne I think its definately an asio configuration prob.
It appears you have to configure it.. Check on propellerheads site, they are really helpfull guys over there..and know much more than I do!!

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Wayne theres no need to uninstall reason... really.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Wayne hang on hang on... If I remember correctly, I always had to switch my keyboard ON BEFORE opening reason! otherwise I had to go and check the boxs manually..

1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Rostosky
Wayne hang on hang on... If I remember correctly, I always had to switch my keyboard ON BEFORE opening reason! otherwise I had to go and check the boxs manually..

I've tried that, anyways, I got visitors now, so gonna have a look a little later, see you later, n thnx for helpin' smile

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
later.. thinks, as with anything please read instructions !! Wayne, you cant have installed the ASIO correctly if you have only got read me docs?

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
THis may help Wayne, it shows Asio4all is absolutley fine with reason, but does need to be configured. If you have not got the control panel in asio4all thenyou have not installed it correctly or have not finished the installation process, here is a video of asio4all with reason.... I hope this helps, its a little fast, but you can stop and rewind step by step...

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/346526/multichannel_reason_tutorial_asio4all/#

Last edited by Rostosky; 08/06/11 04:35 PM.

1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
I got asio4all from

http://www.asio4all.com/

I've tried everything, (looked through all the menus in reason, and settings in control panel-sounds) and still no asio control panel, no sound from reason, I've uninstalled asio4all and reason, restarted my laptop, then reinstalled reason, still no sound!

I don't fancy reinstalling win7 on my lappy, but I might have to resort to this, I can't beleive I was quite happy with reason, it may have had just a bit of a delay, but I could have probabily lived with it!

I only got to mess with it for about 20mins, then I've c*cked it up!

1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
I was hoping PianoMan1990 might have shed some light on the situation by this morning, but I think he might have done a runner!

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Thats very strange indeed Wayne, I don't quite understand what is happening, because I am not there to look and check things...
I still believe its a simple click in a menu check box somewhere. Reason is a totally stable program.

Pm pianoman?

1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Well after going around the houses, (system restore, reinstalling reason, AGAIN! and still no sound)
Intalled Reason on my other halfs laptop and it worked staright away - now that really did start bugging me. And then the battery run out and when I plugged the charger in and started the laptop back up, Oh no...it said "no audio" but this time an error message came up sayin "your audio device has stopped working, check the audio set up in the preferences page"

A few clicks and I found it!!!!!! Edit, preferences, change the general tab to audio, and there it was "NO AUDIO" click the drop down menu and select my sound card, hey presto!

Now how come you didn't tell me that Rossy lol!

Oh well, a lesson learned and all, I'm now gonna do a bit a rearranging in my music room so I can use my lappy in there. (Before I used a standard desktop PC in there, but my lappy is much faster.)

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member

I still believe its a simple click in a menu check box somewhere. Reason is a totally stable program.

ER, wayne, I think you will find I did, a few different ways.

I think you panicked, first a little bit, then some more, and finally you went into full on panic.

Remember please Wayne, SAVE, SAVE, and SAve again, this is the bestest advice you will get for Reason (or many art programmes)

You can always go back to a previous save like in a game.
AND, name your project files, I mean it, not just "waynes stuff 1" and "Waynes stuff 2 " or song "a" song "B" etc....

You will end up with so many, that you wont remember which is which, believe me on this one, a little time spent naming each project file properly will save hours of looking through them at a later date.....
Glad you sorted it, have you got asio4all working?

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

Hi Wayne. Just thought I'd check in to see how things are going with your new install. Looks like you are on your way! You've got me curious about Reason. I'll be looking at the tech stuff next year and you'll probably one of the resident experts I'll ask for advice! Have a good Sunday!

Carl

1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Glad you sorted it, have you got asio4all working?

I've still have no ASIO4ALL control panel, but I'm not too worried at this stage, I've got alot of stuff to figure out for now. I do however think that ASIO4ALL has done something, as the delay has almost disappeared.

What do you think?

Last edited by wayne32yrs; 08/07/11 02:29 PM.
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by griffin2417

Hi Wayne. Just thought I'd check in to see how things are going with your new install. Looks like you are on your way! You've got me curious about Reason. I'll be looking at the tech stuff next year and you'll probably one of the resident experts I'll ask for advice! Have a good Sunday!

I'd be happy to help smile

P
P
Hey i didnt run im still here was just working for a few days, I use ASIO4ALL with Sonar 7 producer and had to configure it. I will install Reason for you and make a video on how to properly configure it for you so that you can hav e no latency at all when playing. Give me a few minutes to get everything set up.

Update. I am installing Reason 4 now, When I get it installed I will make a screen cast of me setting it up properly for you so that you get the best sound quality and latency for your system. GIve me some time and I will try and help you out more to get things set properly. Sorry again for being gone so long from this thread like I said I was working and just didnt have time to hop on and check things out.

Last edited by PianoMan1990; 08/07/11 01:47 PM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,248
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission