2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
37 members (bwv543, Cominut, Colin Miles, Andre Fadel, BWV846, Animisha, alexcomoda, Calavera, 10 invisible), 1,218 guests, and 278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
A
Saul, why don't you just quit reacting to these people?

Acoustic: Yamaha C6 with AdSilent
Digital: Yamaha N3X, Kawai VPC1 with Pianoteq
S
Saul Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by AlphaTerminus
Saul, why don't you just quit reacting to these people?

Its not that easy, but good point.. I would have to work on that.

Thanks...

Last edited by Saul; 08/05/11 03:34 PM.
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Saul
Prelude In F major No. 1 for piano - score included- andante...

A rather early work of mine...

Hope everyone enjoys it...

Cheers,

Saul

I have to ask about the time signature. It sounds very much like it's in 4/4, so I was surprised to see it in 3/4 in the score. Listening while following along in the score is a strange experience, as there seems to be no connection (to my ears) between the "real" pulse of the piece and the placement of the score's barlines.

Am I missing something? Why did you make the score in 3/4? Just curious.

-J

S
Saul Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by beet31425
Prelude In F major No. 1 for piano - score included- andante...

A rather early work of mine...

Hope everyone enjoys it...

Cheers,

Saul

I have to ask about the time signature. It sounds very much like it's in 4/4, so I was surprised to see it in 3/4 in the score. Listening while following along in the score is a strange experience, as there seems to be no connection (to my ears) between the "real" pulse of the piece and the placement of the score's barlines.

Am I missing something? Why did you make the score in 3/4? Just curious.

-J

I guess I thought that the left hand accompaniment and harmonic structure matches the 3/4 mark better then the rest. But yet again, you're right, it can be also written in 4/4 and also 2/2...I wrote the piece a long time ago, so I don't really recall the exact reason why I chose this TS, but nevertheless, it doesn’t create a real problem with the music as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks for your input anyways...

E
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
E
All I want is to share my music, no strings attached, and that's all.

And that's all you CAN do! It's a public forum and you can't attach strings. You say what you want to, others say what they want to.

S
Saul Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by Exalted Wombat

And that's all you CAN do! It's a public forum and you can't attach strings. You say what you want to, others say what they want to.

And that's why we have the iggy button...

S
Saul Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
S
One of two of my impressionist pieces for Solo Piano.

Watercolor Painting In F sharp major - Allegro - Score Included.

The impressionist movement in music was a movement in European classical music, mainly in France which appeared in the late nineteenth century and continued into the middle of the twentieth century. Similarly to its precursor in the visual arts, musical Impressionism focuses on a suggestion and an atmosphere rather than on a strong emotion or the depiction of a story as in program music. Musical Impressionism occurred as a reaction to the excesses of the Romantic era. While this era was characterized by a dramatic use of the major and minor scale systems, Impressionist music was tending to make more use of dissonance. Rather uncommon scales such as whole tone scale are also typical for this movement. Romantic composers were using long forms of music, e.g. symphony and concerto, while Impressionist composers were favoring short forms such as nocturne, arabesque and prelude.

Via Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impressionist_music

S
Saul Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
S
Currently working on a work based on The Lord of the Ring. Its a piano work called "Aragorn's Song"...Hope to post it here when its done...

Cheers...

man i can't wait!

what can we expect ? Super stoked. Did you get the new version of SIbelius ? IT comes with a plugin that reduces the overall suckyness of a work. Anyways, you should check it out.

S
Saul Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by BadOrange
man i can't wait!

what can we expect ? Super stoked. Did you get the new version of SIbelius ? IT comes with a plugin that reduces the overall suckyness of a work. Anyways, you should check it out.

Spoken by a nobody like a true nobody...

HA - I knew you didn't put me on ignore.

E
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
E
[/quote]I guess I thought that the left hand accompaniment and harmonic structure matches the 3/4 mark better then the rest. But yet again, you're right, it can be also written in 4/4 and also 2/2...I wrote the piece a long time ago, so I don't really recall the exact reason why I chose this TS, but nevertheless, it doesn’t create a real problem with the music as far as I'm concerned.[/quote]

It makes it quite hard to play! Most of us have the rhythmic pulse as a basis of our reading and playing, we don't just progress from note to note.

Surely this must have been merely a bad decision in a notation program that you failed to catch when proof-reading?

E
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
E

As you, yourself, Saul said in another forum:

"I have every right to be here and speak my mind, just as you do!!
If you dont like this, go screw yourselves!"

And, of course, no-one who threatens to use "Ignore" actually does :-)

S
Saul Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
S

As you, yourself, Saul said in another forum:

"I have every right to be here and speak my mind, just as you do!!
If you dont like this, go screw yourselves!"

And, of course, no-one who threatens to use "Ignore" actually does :-)

LOL,

That toggle thing destroys that option HAHA!

S
Saul Offline OP
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
S
[/quote]I guess I thought that the left hand accompaniment and harmonic structure matches the 3/4 mark better then the rest. But yet again, you're right, it can be also written in 4/4 and also 2/2...I wrote the piece a long time ago, so I don't really recall the exact reason why I chose this TS, but nevertheless, it doesn’t create a real problem with the music as far as I'm concerned.

It makes it quite hard to play! Most of us have the rhythmic pulse as a basis of our reading and playing, we don't just progress from note to note.

Surely this must have been merely a bad decision in a notation program that you failed to catch when proof-reading? [/quote]

Interesting that I showed the same piece of music to a piano teacher in Juilliard. and he was impressed and took a copy to show to his Professor, he didn’t say anything about the notation, in fact he even played the piece for me.

E
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
E
I guess I thought that the left hand accompaniment and harmonic structure matches the 3/4 mark better then the rest. But yet again, you're right, it can be also written in 4/4 and also 2/2...I wrote the piece a long time ago, so I don't really recall the exact reason why I chose this TS, but nevertheless, it doesn’t create a real problem with the music as far as I'm concerned.

Surely this must have been merely a bad decision in a notation program that you failed to catch when proof-reading?

Interesting that I showed the same piece of music to a piano teacher in Juilliard. and he was impressed and took a copy to show to his Professor, he didn’t say anything about the notation, in fact he even played the piece for me.

I find it very hard to believe that he approved the notation, even if he chose to only make positive comments! Send it to a few musicians that you respect. Ask the direct question "should this be notated in 3/4 or 4/4?".

Unfortunately, you have previously presented yourself as a person who cannot accept criticism. Many people will take this on board and offer only encouragement. This avoids fireworks, but slows down your musical development!

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
FYI, because of Saul's recent actions in the Pianists' Corner, he has been removed from Piano World. I realize his comments and compositions were valued by some, but his inability to refrain from making abusive comments to others while baiting/inviting others to do the same towards him have made it difficult to maintain the peace.

This decision was considered and agreed upon by all the administrators.

His thread will remain open here, but he will be unable to reply.

"If we continually try to force a child to do what he is afraid to do, he will become more timid, and will use his brains and energy, not to explore the unknown, but to find ways to avoid the pressures we put on him." (John Holt)

www.pianoped.com
www.youtube.com/user/UIPianoPed
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,173
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission