Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 34 of 236 < 1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 235 236 >
Topic Options
#1737262 - 08/20/11 04:29 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Sheffield UK
Rossy PM'd

Recaredo, I really like it, and it's not too hard smile

(ads P/S)
Petrof Pianos

piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#1737292 - 08/20/11 05:35 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lost in cyberspace.in the UK.
starting out, I had to remove the keybed entirely, like this...

These are two pics of the many "Pieces"

bags and bags of 88 of them!

Heres what they looked like all laid out ready to install, couldnt get them all in the photo!!!

Then when they were all fitted........

and finally (nearly) after washing all the keys and getting all the old grease off, and thouroughly drying them in a painstaking way, here they are refitted...YEEEEA HA.

Then the keybed was slotted back in, and all is well again..

Totall credit to James at Ashton music UK (musicforcedistribution) for managing to source the parts from Ashton after the garauntee expiry date....

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project

#1737305 - 08/20/11 06:10 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012

Loc: Minneapolis, MN

Congratulations Rossy! I am very impressed with what you've done. I doubt that I have the patience for this. It's frustrating enough with my iPad!

Evening Wayne and Recaredo. Hope you all are doing well. I'm just lurking while I get other things done. I'm still planning to post a few things later. However, it's probably pretty late on the other side of the Atlantic. Hopefully, you will be able to see them on Sunday.

I must get back to my other projects. I'll check back later, however.

#1737307 - 08/20/11 06:16 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

WOW! well done Rossy!

#1737308 - 08/20/11 06:17 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Evening Griffin smile

#1737331 - 08/20/11 07:36 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Thanks guys, I dont consider myself a patient person, generally, maybe I put it all into piano things!!

Was so tired afterwards, (with hours of concentrating) that I didnt feel like cooking , so a look in the freezer reveiled two microwave dinners.

This is what they were falsely named: "Supreme chicken dinners" by Birds eye.

I read the boxes and they both said "If you are not totally satisfied in any way, just return, stating where and when purchased for full refund"

Well, I looked up the word "supreme" in our old dictionary, and it clearly said "above all else" "better than"

So, I think false advertising happened, because these microwave dinners were definately not supreme to anything at all, except maybe a chicken dinner with ecoli sauce.

In fact, I was totally not satisfied, and wondered if anybody, anywhere, ever, HAS been totally satisfied with a microwave "instant" dinner of any description?

Music time.... but first check out this little chap, the manakin bird, if this doesn't crack you up, well you must be in a very serious mood indeedy!!

So to the music, and this bit from the magic flute... funny thing is, this is pretty much what it allways sounds like to me.......too high and too screachy..

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

#1737435 - 08/21/11 12:37 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Greetings Everyone! Sorry for such a late posting. What I had planned to do tonight had to be changed. However, I have something that might be of interest to smooth jazz lovers. In fact, this posting is a joint effort of me and PWF member Trapper John. It all started when I noticed he posted a recording of saxophonist Dave Koz another thread. I enjoyed it and asked if I could post it here. He was agreeable, and we struck up a brief correspondence on another music genre I'll do a post on another day.

In the meantime, the first post is Dave Koz's "Start All Over Again". Thanks Trap for this contribution!

#1737437 - 08/21/11 12:43 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

My next post is one of the first hits of Dave Koz that made me take notice, "You Make Me Smile."

#1737440 - 08/21/11 12:50 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

My final post tonight is one of my all time favorite smooth jazz saxophonists, Grover Washington, Jr. (R.I.P.). Here is "Winelight."

#1737441 - 08/21/11 12:56 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

I'm sorry to have to make this so short today. As you may know from earlier posts, it's a crazy and busy weekend! However, I will still be posting my weekly Sunday classical posts. Good night all!

#1737446 - 08/21/11 01:33 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: griffin2417]
polyphasicpianist Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I have spent the past few days in a marathon of reading and writing in a desperate attempt to finish a paper by a deadline. The results for the paper came in late and the deadline was fixed, so a bunch of sleepless caffeine induced nights ensued.

But I am done now and can return to my regularly scheduled ABF posting, and I figure that since the paper was on "The ability of adults to use the geometric properties of an object array to locate a location outside the immediate environment" (try staying awake while writing about that!) my post should be something Science related.

Edited by polyphasicpianist (08/21/11 01:38 AM)

#1737553 - 08/21/11 09:11 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Good morning everyone! I'll be scarce again today. However, it's Sunday, and I like to share some of the classical music I find of interest. My first post is "Concerto for oboe and strings - 2nd movement - Adagio - in D minor," by Alessandro Marcello. Oboe played by Derek Wickens with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra lead by Elgar Howarth.

#1737567 - 08/21/11 10:04 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

I love classical and Baroque trumpet pieces. One of my favorites is Josef Haydn's "Trumpet Concerto in E flat Major." I first heard this performed by Wynton Marsallis. I have the recording on CD, yet have been unable to find a decent video of Marsallis' performance. However, I found a good video of trumpet virtuoso Hakan Hardenberger performing the entire 15-minute concerto with the German Philharmonic Orchestra. How could you possibly be disappointed with Hakan Hardenberger? Enjoy!

#1737571 - 08/21/11 10:12 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

That's all I'll have time for this morning. I will be lurking throughout the day, however. Rossy, I hope you are having a good time with your piano!

Have a great day everyone!

#1737601 - 08/21/11 11:19 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Has the jazz gone now?
PPP;It seems a slightly flawed question, surely it should read "The ability of SOMEadults etc etc" as some adults cannot even find their way home from the pub or find their own socks let alone locating (an unspecified?)location outside the immediate enviroment.
Would a simple sextant or compass help me wonders..if they were set in geometric boxes say of the art deco period.
They would certainly help me locate Alaska, (somewhere outside my immediate enviroment)

I often find when faced with awkward questions, that seeing if the question itself is ambiguous helps, if it is and can be read in an unorthodox and unintended manner for the purposes of going off on a tangent more familiar to the person answering the said question, so much the better..

In this case though it would appear that going off on a tangent is actually relevent as tangents can also be used in location excercises.

Anyways, hopefully that wordsmithing, has negated my need to comment on any possibility of jazz re-occuring.
Maybe.
Mostly.

Griffin, I am happy to see you are communicating nicely with TrapperJohn, and sharing music.

This is an excellent thing, allthough Trapper did express to me personally once ( or four times, I forget) that he has a laughing "problem"
Apparently, there are only seven things in the whole universe that can make TJ burst into uncontrollable laughter, And I, am not one of them.

In fact , I think it was TJ that once said "Rostosky,you brainless , immature, unfunny specimen of human detritis, I would rather stand over recent roadkill and laugh at that inanely for 16 weeks than smile at one of your jokes"

At least I think it was TJ, or it might have been my mum,when she beat me for playing in my sisters underwear drawer when I was little, it's hard to remember these painfull episodes in my life sometimes.

#1737639 - 08/21/11 01:08 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

OOps, forgot to put the sunday morning song! (doh)
Anyways here it is a little late for some...
The velvet underground and NIco, and Sunday morning!

#1737672 - 08/21/11 02:23 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I remember some stalking going on, (I once met my stalker, turns out, he'd got the wrong person)...........

#1737674 - 08/21/11 02:27 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013

Loc: New Orleans
Here's my Sunday morning song hehehehe

#1737675 - 08/21/11 02:27 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Southeast of Spain
Rossy, you have done an amazing work with your keyboard. Thanks for sharing those photos.

Griffin, you know that I enjoy your posts on Sunday. Fantastic posts again.

Now one beautiful waltz, from the interesting music that Shostakovich composed for films.

My website

#1737679 - 08/21/11 02:29 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Aimee, We have posted just at the same time! laugh

My website

#1737682 - 08/21/11 02:32 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

We did! Nice waltz! I love waltzes.

#1737691 - 08/21/11 02:49 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Elssa Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: NY
Really nice stuff, everyone! Rossy, I enjoyed your "birdie" postings. laugh Glad you finally were able to get your keyboard in good shape! thumb

I'm a big waltz fan, too. smile

Masquerade Waltz (Khachaturian)

#1737695 - 08/21/11 02:57 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I had never listened to piano version on that waltz. Very good post, Elssa.

My website

#1737702 - 08/21/11 03:16 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I don’t like one thing on Sundays: ironing time. See you later.

My website

#1737749 - 08/21/11 04:24 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Thanks to everyone for all the kind words of support over my keyboard trials and tribulations.
I can say that after three hours serious and heavy duty playing, everything is totally in order and it is like new again.
In fact it seems much better than new, which does make me suspicious a little. Did I get a shop display model? Probably.

Anyways, the woes are all over. Magic.

Seeing that Adeltrout von Rutzen loves waltzes, Here is one I found a little while ago, It is suitably named "Waltz of the dead" and I think 'In dark solitude' does a great job.....

What do you think dudes and dudettes?

#1737821 - 08/21/11 06:09 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

not bad at all Rossy!

#1737851 - 08/21/11 06:56 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Cool ! I like "spooky" sounding things, since I was little I loved dance macabre, I used to love waiting and listening for the cockerals call.. and could really imagine and see all the spirits rushing to return to their graves till next time... excellent.

Sparing a thought or seven for Recaredo, who unfortunately believes he has to be miserable every Sunday because of something he calls in his native spanish tongue "Ironing" which is excellent English as usuall, but totally wrong in his assumption that it is something that "Has" to be done..

"Ironing" does not have to be done, at all ever. It is a silly falicey.

"Ironing" is a modern invention, for thousands of years nobody did "Ironing" for instance Iron itself has not long been invented to do "Ironing" with, if the whole history of man is taken into account 99.9999 % of all people that ever lived did not do Ironing.

Please folks dont waste your life ironing, what does it ever achieve, (apart from the drudgery it was intended to bestow on housewives to give them something to do)

Clothes get creased, you Iron, few minits later they are creased again.

Has anyone refused to serve you in a shop because you had too many creases?

Has a girl ever said, "I am sorry you cannot have sex with me because your shirt has three creases?"

Life is just too short, no wonder some folks dont ever seem to have enough time to practice as much as they want to, get a grip dudes, ditch the crease removing tool, and the big board that takes up space (and smells funny) put them where they belong, in a skip or landfill.

If the worse comes to the worst then you only get one life, and this is no dress rehearsal, dont waste it.

#1737912 - 08/21/11 09:12 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Hi folks. I've often thought that I didn't care for waltzes. I really appreciated hearing the variety of waltzes today. Because of what I've heard today, I now realize I've been hearing the wrong waltzes. I liked these.

Recaredo, thanks for starting it off with Shostakovich. I'm also glad you enjoyed my morning classical posts. Elssa, thanks for the Khachaturian waltz. It also reminded me that I have a lot of work to do on another Khachaturian piece my piano teacher assigned me to work on this summer. I haven't gotten very far! eek

Rossy, a death waltz? More variety in waltzes than I could have ever imagined. As usual, I learn a lot on this thread! Thanks.

Aimee, thanks for Johnny Cash. I hadn't heard that before.

I still have things to do. However, I'll try to do one final post later.

#1738076 - 08/22/11 03:19 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

Great waltzes! Adeltrout likes the dead one. Elssa, the Khachaturian was great too.

Not a fan of ironing either. I just burn myself. Recaredo, try throwing stuff in the dryer and fluff it. Not always perfect, but good enough. When I was younger and worked retail, I was always impressed with the steamer thing. Much faster than the iron, in my opinion.

Glad you liked the Cash, Griffin. I like to pick up guitars and strum them real quick and introduce myself as Johnny Cash. In the privacy of my own home, of course, as I cannot play guitar.

I'm done for the day. I'll leave you with this. It was running though my dead today, and I have no idea why.

#1738144 - 08/22/11 07:05 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: griffin2417]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Chocolatetown, USA
Originally Posted By: griffin2417

Hi folks. I've often thought that I didn't care for waltzes. I really appreciated hearing the variety of waltzes today. Because of what I've heard today, I now realize I've been hearing the wrong waltzes. I liked these.

Is there anything better than a waltz in a minor key...

Trap

As good at piano as I am at golf - very high handicap!

Page 34 of 236 < 1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 235 236 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
71 registered (AZNpiano, Asmodeus, Alux, beet31425, 14 invisible), 1129 Guests and 54 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74318 Members
42 Forums
153721 Topics
2253484 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
The Eagles - Hotel California (Piano Cover)
by Mr. Pianoman
04/25/14 03:29 AM
Student growing tall
by pianoplayer84
04/25/14 02:41 AM
Whole tone scales leading to interesting series of keys
by caters
04/25/14 12:16 AM
Another beginner
by mojoe
04/25/14 12:02 AM
GH1 tuning pin torque
by awyaks
04/24/14 11:38 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission