Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#1738026 - 08/22/11 12:37 AM Article on Estonian pianos
AlphaTerminus Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Iowa, USA

Interesting article on Estonian pianos. i have never played one but know they are popular here. Estonian pianos article

(ads 568) Hailun Pianos

piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#1738275 - 08/22/11 11:09 AM Re: Article on Estonian pianos [Re: AlphaTerminus]
Monica K. Offline

Platinum Supporter until Dec 31 2012

Loc: Lexington, Kentucky
With a quote by our own Glenn Treibitz! smile

Thanks for pointing that out, AlphaTerminus. I hadn't realized they were making Estonias in other finishes these days. thumb

#1739478 - 08/24/11 06:08 AM Re: Article on Estonian pianos [Re: AlphaTerminus]
Rich Galassini Offline
8000 Post Club Member

Loc: Philadelphia/South Jersey
Thank you Alpha.
Dir. Line (215) 991-0834
rich@cunninghampiano.com
Get Cunningham Piano Email Updates

#1739749 - 08/24/11 02:27 PM Re: Article on Estonian pianos [Re: Rich Galassini]
Kurtmen Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: San Mateo, CA
I know Estonia is one of the Darlings by dealers in the forum therefore I'm going to get some heat. But I couldn't resist. grin

I follow DW. (everyday) in fact I love it. However in this case this was not a journalistic article; this is an infomercial, and not very good one.

Quote:
When Joseph Stalin turned 70 in 1948, every Soviet Republic was forced to present him with a gift.

Quote:
Stalin liked the sound so much he ordered Hiis to be the sole manufacturer of concert grand pianos for the entire Soviet Union.

grinStalin had some health conditions at the time among those, was his diminishing ability to hear well. wink

Quote:
In just 10 years, Estonia Piano has sold 3,000 concert grand pianos, mostly in the United States.

What is this a pipe-dream grin? I don't think even Steinway or Yamaha have sold 3,000 CONCERT GRANDS in ten years.
Didn't Estonia just recently introduce their first concert grand?

Anyway thank you for the post.

Edited by Kurtmen (08/24/11 06:07 PM)
Kawai Digital Piano, Pianodisc.
<a href="http://sanmateopiano.com" style="color:#FF0505;font-size:10px;font-family:Times New Roman;text-decoration:underline;" target="_blank" >http://sanmateopiano.com</a>

#1739752 - 08/24/11 02:33 PM Re: Article on Estonian pianos [Re: Kurtmen]
beethoven986 Online   content
3000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Kurtmen

Didn't Estonia just recently introduce their first concert grand?

No: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Estonia-1990-Mod...#ht_2682wt_1396
Certified Dampp-Chaser installer

#1739763 - 08/24/11 03:00 PM Re: Article on Estonian pianos [Re: AlphaTerminus]
PianoWorksATL Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Actually, I doubt there have been 3,000 true concert grands sold worldwide in the last 10 years. It's either a typo or lazy reporting. Estonia's concert grand goes way back...it's their semi-concert grand that was just introduced.

If you remove the word "concert" from that sentence, it becomes accurate. There is also the chance that the writer knows squat about pianos and thought it sounded better for his article.

I'm not up on my history of Stalin, if he was tone deaf, actually deaf, or any kind of judge of a piano, but his appreciation of the piano certainly helped the company survive under his reign.
Pre-Owned: Yamaha, Kawai, Steinway & other fine pianos
Full Restoration Shop
www.PianoWorks.com
www.youtube.com/PianoWorksAtlanta

#1739785 - 08/24/11 03:40 PM Re: Article on Estonian pianos [Re: AlphaTerminus]
Kurtmen Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: San Mateo, CA
I'm sorry I didn't know they have been making Concert Grands for so long.
grinBut this one is 20 years old; it is not part of those 3,000 sold in the past ten years.

There are two offers on Ebay since May; at $21,000. I think the market is so flowed with Estonia concert grands that there is no use for another one; even if is sold for the price 6'00 Hailun. smile

Edited by Kurtmen (08/24/11 03:42 PM)
Kawai Digital Piano, Pianodisc.
<a href="http://sanmateopiano.com" style="color:#FF0505;font-size:10px;font-family:Times New Roman;text-decoration:underline;" target="_blank" >http://sanmateopiano.com</a>

#1739793 - 08/24/11 03:52 PM Re: Article on Estonian pianos [Re: AlphaTerminus]
ChatNoir Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Encino, California

Here is another article about Estonia Pianos from the web:

http://www.cs.ioc.ee/~stulov/klaver1.pdf

#1740161 - 08/25/11 02:15 AM Re: Article on Estonian pianos [Re: Kurtmen]
Mike Carr Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: BANNED
I'm not sure why anyone would want their piano associated with Stalin, especially as a merchandizing tool . . . From a purely historical perspective, and I’m talking about fairly conservative historians, it's arguable, as far as europe is concerned, who between Stalin and Hitler was the more lethal . . .

And since Stalin died in '53 I'm not sure how much his reign affected Estonia pianos, per se, other than the doubtful sobriquet "Stalin's Piano" and other such anecdotes . . . makes you wonder what piano Van Cliburn was playing in Moscow when he won the Tchaikovsky in ’58 or how many Estonia concert grand pianos were center stage . . .

As long as we’re talking about dictators and pianos, obviously, there are much stronger ties between Bechstein and Hitler, his backing by Helene Bechstein at a time when he needed backing. . . notwithstanding, of course,the sympathies of Joe Kennedy, Henry Ford, Lindberg or Father Coughlin (the list, unfortunately, is endless) and does anyone really think the move into Poland possible without GM?

But winners write the history and Stalinists certainly have an easier time of it than those trying to organize their local bund . . . I’m not sure how it is now but there was a time when every taxi in Moscow had a picture of Stalin or Hemingway, at a time when the likeness of Hitler in public was prohibited by law in Germany . . .

Still, leaves you wondering had Germany not lost the war, would Bechstein have considered itself Hitler's Piano?

Even though the past is the past, Estonia still juggles the cross purposes of a good number of Stalinists and fascists, dating back 70 years, but since it currently appears to be one of few European nations tacitly allowing pro nazi demonstrations, the Stalinists may be on the wane . . .

Mike

#1740203 - 08/25/11 05:36 AM Re: Article on Estonian pianos [Re: ChatNoir]
Withindale Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Suffolk, England
There was an interesting piece yesterday on BBC Radio 3 about Estonia pianos today and Indrek Laul.

Wikipedia says, "The company languished after the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991, and in 1993 the factory was privatized to its managers.... In 1995 it was sold to Indrek Laul (at that time a doctoral piano student at the Juilliard School in New York), who took over control of the company."

Not to be sneezed at!

Hitler's piano was the Quattrochord Superflügel

#1740826 - 08/26/11 06:29 AM Re: Article on Estonian pianos [Re: AlphaTerminus]
Rich Galassini Offline
8000 Post Club Member

Loc: Philadelphia/South Jersey
No heat from here Kurtman - just my thoughts,

As Sam already pointed out, I feel the word "concert" was simply used in an article in a way that is not proper. The reporter is most likely unaware of its proper use.

As far as Estonia concert grand production, this company made only concert grand pianos for many years and were virtually the exclusive provider of these pianos to the entire USSR.

I am not saying that these were fantastic artistic musical instruments. Frankly, they weren't. The Soviet system encouraged nothing but mediocrity and these instruments were mediocre. I have had little direct experience with them, but have many pianist friends who grew up playing them. Behind the "Iron Curtain" there was little to choose from in quality pianos.

However after the fall of the USSR and the involvement of Dr. Laul and his family, there was been a constant evolution and a consistent change in quality and design. Today these instruments truly perform.

My 2 cents,
Dir. Line (215) 991-0834
rich@cunninghampiano.com
Get Cunningham Piano Email Updates

#1741041 - 08/26/11 01:32 PM Re: Article on Estonian pianos [Re: Mike Carr]
Ori Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Stamford CT, New York City .
Originally Posted By: Mike Carr
I'm not sure why anyone would want their piano associated with Stalin, especially as a merchandizing tool . . . From a purely historical perspective, and I’m talking about fairly conservative historians, it's arguable, as far as europe is concerned, who between Stalin and Hitler was the more lethal . . .

And since Stalin died in '53 I'm not sure how much his reign affected Estonia pianos, per se, other than the doubtful sobriquet "Stalin's Piano" and other such anecdotes . . . makes you wonder what piano Van Cliburn was playing in Moscow when he won the Tchaikovsky in ’58 or how many Estonias were center stage . . .

As long as we’re talking about dictators and pianos, obviously, there are much stronger ties between Bechstein and Hitler, his backing by Helene Bechstein at a time when he needed backing. . . notwithstanding, of course,the sympathies of Joe Kennedy, Henry Ford, Lindberg or Father Coughlin (the list, unfortunately, is endless) and does anyone really think the move into Poland possible without GM?

But winners write the history and Stalinists certainly have an easier time of it than those trying to organize their local bund . . . I’m not sure how it is now but there was a time when every taxi in Moscow had a picture of Stalin or Hemingway, at a time when the likeness of Hitler in public was prohibited by law in Germany . . .

Still, leaves you wondering had Germany not lost the war, would Bechstein have considered itself Hitler's Piano?

Even though the past is the past, Estonia still juggles the cross purposes of a good number of Stalinists and fascists, dating back 70 years, but since it currently appears to be one of few European nations tacitly allowing pro nazi demonstrations, the Stalinists may be on the wane . . .

Mike

I agree that if indeed the story is true, and Stalin was the one pushing for getting Estonia to be the manufacturer of choice for most institutional concert grands in the soviet block is not necessarily a compliment.

I think that when an interview occurs, the reporter tend to focus on the more 'sensational' trivia that attracts attention in the headline and fist few sentences to entice potential readers to actually read the article.

There has been similar articles published regarding Estonia over the past few years, and in almost all of these this anecdote was rather prominently displayed in the beginning of the article just as here.

My guess is that Estonians, who had also been been under rules of Danish, Swedish and Germans for hundreds of years...and who were independent between world Wars I and II do not consider the 40 years of soviet occupation to be a favorably memorable experience.
But probably the changes that occurred in this country over the past 21 years are exemplified by the great success of Estonia pianos and their transition to a formidable and appreciated maker of high quality handmade instruments.

Authorized dealer representing:

Bluthner, Bosendorfer, Steingraeber, Estonia, August Forster, Haessler, Kawai.

Restored Steinway pianos.

www.allegropianos.com

#1741102 - 08/26/11 03:22 PM Re: Article on Estonian pianos [Re: AlphaTerminus]
ChatNoir Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Here is what it says in the other article from the web

The Second World War stopped piano manufacturing in Estonia. The factories
were destroyed. Only Ernst Hiis continued his grand piano production. His attempts to resume grand piano manufacturing in Estonia were successful. In September 6, 1950, by the order of J. Stalin, based of the People’s Furniture Factory, the Tallinn Piano Factory was established, and the new grand piano was named Estonia. This day is the founding date of the Tallinn Piano Factory. Osvald Kuub was the first head of the new factory, and Ernst Hiis was the chief engineer.
In April 6, 1951, the first grand piano Estonia was presented to the State Board.

No mention here about giving Stalin a piano for his birthday.

#1741233 - 08/26/11 08:47 PM Re: Article on Estonian pianos [Re: Rich Galassini]
gryphon Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Okemos, MI
Originally Posted By: Rich Galassini
NI feel the word "concert" was simply used in an article in a way that is not proper. The reporter is most likely unaware of its proper use.
Exactly, in the same way many, or even most, reporters say "assault weapon" when it really isn't. They don't know any better and can't be bothered to find out.

#1741488 - 08/27/11 11:35 AM Re: Article on Estonian pianos [Re: Ori]
Mike Carr Offline
500 Post Club Member

Naturally, pianos should rely more on their function than origin and yet there is inclination by retailers to spoon feed customers fantastic histories whether it be old german names atatched to Chinese pianos or the strange idea that stalin personally had anything to do with Estonia pianos . . .

Who plants these stories? I doubt Laul wants anything to do with stalin or speculation that stalin might have helped Estonia piano create a soviet bloc monopoly, maybe it’s just sensationalism, stalin sells, who knows . . .

While it’s getting better, Tallinn for years was known for child prostitution, drunk and sex tourism, and illegal drugs, little more than western europe's tijuana . . . no one ever asked, What about those Estonia pianos? Huh? It was when the heck is Tallinn going to clean up its act?

Still, it seems odd that one of Estonia's major accomplishments, according to the DW infomercial, after 21 years of independence is having churned out a few thousand relatively obscure pianos to sell to the Americans . . . I don’t know how many people Estonia Piano employs or adds to their gnp but it must be meager, well maybe not with 13-14 percent unemployment and minimum wages 38 percent lower than EU's average (no wonder pianos are so cheap). . .

Mike

#1741559 - 08/27/11 01:39 PM Re: Article on Estonian pianos [Re: Mike Carr]
Brent B Offline

Loc: Western/Central PA

Still, it seems odd that one of Estonia's major accomplishments, according to the DW infomercial, after 21 years of independence is having churned out a few thousand relatively obscure pianos to sell to the Americans . . . I don’t know how many people Estonia Piano employs or adds to their gnp but it must be meager, well maybe not with 13-14 percent unemployment and minimum wages 38 percent lower than EU's average (no wonder pianos are so cheap). . .

Mike

Ouch.

Rebuttal, anyone?

Is it true that we owe the "exceptional value" of Estonia pianos to unfair worker wages?

#1741569 - 08/27/11 02:11 PM Re: Article on Estonian pianos [Re: AlphaTerminus]
Bob Newbie Offline
1000 Post Club Member

This is an interesting topic..mostly from a marketing perspective..using a past known name gives the piano some history..though not a great one..by any stretch..however with Dr.Laul at the helm..he brought quality and respectability to the name..now they say, what year was it made?..so an old Estonia from Stalin's era..would be used for firewood..nothing more..as with many brands with reviered names..the year produced, plays a more important role than just the name..even Steinway has a Golden age..

#1741578 - 08/27/11 02:25 PM Re: Article on Estonian pianos [Re: Brent B]
ChatNoir Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Quote:
Ouch.

Rebuttal, anyone?

Is it true that we owe the "exceptional value" of Estonia pianos to unfair worker wages?

Here is a website that shows the average wages in Estonia as of 2011. Not very high. But Estonia has lower prices on goods and services than most of Europe, and they do, of course, have universal healthcare.

http://balticexport.com/?article=average-bruto-wages-increased-in-estonia&lang=en

#1741603 - 08/27/11 03:29 PM Re: Article on Estonian pianos [Re: Brent B]
Sir Lurksalot Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Brent B

Ouch.

Rebuttal, anyone?

I didn't read Mike's post as an accusation of "unfair" wages. It's no secret that Estonia is in Eastern Europe, and the wages there are one of the factors affecting the price of the pianos, just as it's no secret that Chinese pianos are built by workers who are paid what's considered a fair wage for China.

#1741610 - 08/27/11 03:39 PM Re: Article on Estonian pianos [Re: AlphaTerminus]
apple* Offline

Loc: Kansas
Mike.. MIke Carr.. you need to see this movie..

http://www.singingrevolution.com/

you can click on the trailer if you wish.

love and peace, Õun (apple in Estonian)

#1741627 - 08/27/11 04:18 PM Re: Article on Estonian pianos [Re: apple*]
schwammerl Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Belgium
Quote:
you need to see this movie..

apple*,

Good suggestion indeed.

An equally good suggestion would be to make a trip to Tallinn, talk to the people and then make yourself an opinion. 2011 Is even an excellent year for a journey to Tallinn as it is for one year European Cultural Capital together with Türku in Finland ...and U.S. citizens will not feel lonely overthere; it is full of American tourists! smile

Btw, it is full of Russian tourists too. I wonder why they find it such a nice country to take their holidays in?

As to wages.

Look were they come form: merely 21 years ago still occupied by the Soviet Union and only for 10 years a full member of the Europena Union. Wages are on the same level today as in Poland, Hungary, Slovakia.. and have gone upwards rapidly over the past 10 years.
If wages continue to go up - and they will - prices of the Estonia Pianos may/will increase ...then we will see those here complaining they've become too expensive!?

Eurostat

Estonian Chamber of Commerce

schwammerl.

#1741628 - 08/27/11 04:19 PM Re: Article on Estonian pianos [Re: Mike Carr]
Ori Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Mike

Mike,
High quality hand made piano manufacturers, such as Estonia, seldom aim to make a significant impact on GDP. The contribution of such companies is an ambassador of the arts, as well a source of pride.

This is true not just for Estonia pianos. When Bosendorfer was up for sale, the attention it received in the Austrian media was far grater than than the attention other Austrian companies receive even if they were 20 times its size.

The way that the success of the Estonia piano company is repeatedly used as example for the changes in Estonia can support my assertion that the company and its instruments play a role of an 'ambassador' in a similar way that a favorite national European basketball or soccer team does.

Hopefully we can agree that the value of an Olympic gold medal is not in its DGP contribution. smile

I guess I'm trying to say is that size isn't everything.

However, if you are one to be impressed by size...at least put the company's size in context to the relative market it is aiming for rather than overall contribution to lowering unemployment.

I belive that Estonia is the largest importer of grand pianos from Europe to the US in recent years.
The factory is working at or near full capacity...with demand outstrips supply.
This is an enviable measure of success not only limited to the market of high quality handcrafted performance pianos but within the industry as a whole.

You may not favor the country, its people or the pianos made by the Estonia piano company...but in its particular field and in comparison to the industry the Estonia Pianos Factory is a tremendously successful company.

Regarding your other comments about Estonia...When I visited the country it was for none of the reasons you mentioned above but rather in relation Estonia's piano production.
The Estonia people whom I met with were extremely nice, polite and cultured.
Admittedly, my visit's were short, piano focused...and perhaps sheltered by the excellent company of the Laul family and their rich musical experience.
So, I hope you'll be kind enough to expand on when did you visit Estonia and what were the reasons you chose to visit?

(I assume none of the reasons you mentioned in your post were a primary consideration in your decision to travel to Tallinn). smile

www.allegropianos.com

#1741699 - 08/27/11 06:53 PM Re: Article on Estonian pianos [Re: Ori]
Jethro Offline

The suffering and hardship endured by the people of Estonia and their heroic identity with music is all the more reason for those who are fortunate enough to represent their hard work- in whatever way- to stay away from selfish tactics that only serve to cheapen and bastardize what they have accomplished. You owe them at least that.

#1741706 - 08/27/11 07:05 PM Re: Article on Estonian pianos [Re: apple*]
Fun Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona
Originally Posted By: apple*
Mike.. MIke Carr.. you need to see this movie..

http://www.singingrevolution.com/

you can click on the trailer if you wish.

Watched this last week. In addition to the quality of the piano, I feel good supporting the people of this country that favor peace & music over war & blood. Remind me of those hobbits in the Middle Earth smile

And what about Skype, a $8 billion company in which most of the development are done in Estonia?

One can always live in the past & focus on the negatives they want to see, but they will be left behind as the world move on.

Edited by Fun (08/27/11 07:11 PM)

#1741724 - 08/27/11 07:43 PM Re: Article on Estonian pianos [Re: Ori]
Mike Carr Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Ori
[quote=Mike Carr]

Regarding your other comments about Estonia...When I visited the country it was for none of the reasons you mentioned above but rather in relation Estonia's piano production.
Admittedly, my visit's were short, piano focused...and perhaps sheltered by the excellent company of the Laul family and their rich musical experience.
So, I hope you'll be kind enough to expand on when did you visit Estonia and what were the reasons you chose to visit?

(I assume none of the reasons you mentioned in your post were a primary consideration in your decision to travel to Tallinn). smile

So, they put your blinders on at the airport? Then your saddle blanket, halter, and feed bag? And then led you by the nose into Tallinn? Sounds like fun.

Ori, I have neither the time nor inclination to nurse maid your ignorance or explain the facts of life or statements I've made that are both factual and well documented.

After all is said and done, it's just another piano. And you're just another piano salesman. Quit acting like you've witnessed or somehow arranged a virgin giving birth to a child for crying out loud. . .

Mike

#1741764 - 08/27/11 09:22 PM Re: Article on Estonian pianos [Re: Mike Carr]
Ori Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Ori
[quote=Mike Carr]

So, they put your blinders on at the airport? Then your saddle blanket, halter, and feed bag? And then led you by the nose into Tallinn? Sounds like fun.

Ori, I have neither the time nor inclination to nurse maid your ignorance or explain the facts of life or statements I've made that are both factual and well documented.

After all is said and done, it's just another piano. And you're just another piano salesman. Quit acting like you've witnessed or somehow arranged a virgin giving birth to a child for crying out loud. . .

Mike

Dear Mike,

it appears that I somehow upset you.
Please accept my sincere apologies.
There is little reason for your heated comment.

I visited Estonia for only piano related business and I mentioned this in my previous post in case my experience with Estonia and the Estonian people was not as comprehensive as yours...and no, I was not blindfolded at the airport.
When I visited was picked up and hosted by the Laul family and aside from visits to the factory was taken to nice restaurants, cultural events and witnessed Tallinn's charming and beautiful historic downtown.

You mentioned other reasons for tourism TO Estonia, and indeed it raised my curiosity of whether what you speak of is from first hand experience or just from 'factual and well documented' things you've read or heard.

If you prefer not to answer it is understandable. smile

www.allegropianos.com

#1741777 - 08/27/11 09:49 PM Re: Article on Estonian pianos [Re: AlphaTerminus]
Rickster Offline

Loc: Georgia, USA
Okay, ya’ll, I’m posting as a moderator here… this thread is getting out of hand with subtle personal attacks, insults and innuendos.

I’ll refrain from locking it down at the moment, in hopes that things might turn around and settle down a bit… please heed the warning.

Rick

#1741781 - 08/27/11 10:02 PM Re: Article on Estonian pianos [Re: AlphaTerminus]
Furtwangler Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Danville, California
How much longer will the moderators tolerate the rantings of a lunatic?

#1741785 - 08/27/11 10:07 PM Re: Article on Estonian pianos [Re: Furtwangler]
Mike Carr Offline
500 Post Club Member

Furt,

I never called Ori a ranting lunatic.

Ori,

No one is getting angry here except you. Just for your own edification, while prostitution is legal in Tallinn, pimping is not. (documented fact)

Rickster,

I apologize from the bottle of my heart.

Mike

#1741787 - 08/27/11 10:10 PM Re: Article on Estonian pianos [Re: AlphaTerminus]
Rickster Offline

Loc: Georgia, USA
Originally Posted By: Furtwangler
How much longer will the moderators tolerate the rantings of a lunatic?

About as long as we tolerate name calling...

Rick

Moderator:  Ken Knapp, Piano World, Rickster 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
74 registered (antony, anotherscott, Anna Francesch, AZNpiano, 24 invisible), 1216 Guests and 45 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74307 Members
42 Forums
153691 Topics
2253038 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Spelling chords and using correct accidentals
by JoelW
Today at 03:11 AM
HELP! Is this strain because of my technique?
by T.M.E.
Yesterday at 11:26 PM
Is it my technique that's causing this?
by T.M.E.
Yesterday at 10:49 PM
Best brand of upright piano 48" or larger?
by WG40
Yesterday at 10:22 PM
Kawai MP11 vs. Kawai VPC-1 Action / Key Length
by jp2011
Yesterday at 10:00 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission