Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 17 of 236 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 235 236 >
Topic Options
#1722178 - 07/28/11 01:24 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
polyphasicpianist Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Rostosky
Well, I just posted this somewhere else, but feel its just too good to miss for the folks reading this thread, I love this ..

Anyone else find that watching this video really gives a sense of how well Geoffrey Rush captured the part of David Helfgott in the movie Shine.

(ads P/S)
Petrof Pianos

piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#1722207 - 07/28/11 03:16 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lost in cyberspace.in the UK.
Totally PPP , and one of my all time favourite films!!
Sheer magic.
I found this, and just had to share on here.... I find this remarkable.....Hope it starts everyones day of well.
I actually went and found it for someone on a different thread, but had to post it here as well!!!

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project

#1722253 - 07/28/11 07:23 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Southeast of Spain
Hi folks, I’m glad to hear you like Sarasate’s music.

My website

#1722268 - 07/28/11 08:05 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012

Loc: Minneapolis, MN

Good morning everyone. I wasn't sure of what to post this morning until I heard all of the great fiddling in previous posts. I'll be back later with a post from Memory Lane. However, my first post will be violinists Eileen Ivers, Nadja Salerno Sonnenberg, and Regina Carter performing with the Boston Pops Orchestra. Enjoy!

#1722283 - 07/28/11 08:35 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

OK, it's time for some glitz! It's time to dance and "Sing a Song" with Earth, Wind & Fire.

Edited by griffin2417 (07/28/11 08:37 AM)

#1722311 - 07/28/11 09:46 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

My next post is Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles performing Stevie's hit, "Living for the City."

Have a great day everyone!

#1722330 - 07/28/11 10:48 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013

Loc: New Orleans
I still haven't seen Shine. It was on cable all the time when I didn't know what it was, and now I that I want to see it, it's never on.

Liking all of the violin.

Glad you liked Fiona, Ros. That was from her last album, Extraordinary Machine, which is my favorite of hers. Here's a cover she did of "Please Send me Someone to Love:"

Biography Channel had specials of Jimi and Janis on last night, so I'm thinking of both of them today.

#1722391 - 07/28/11 12:24 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: AimeeO]
griffin2417 Offline

Aimee, I loved everything I heard. I had not listened to Fiona Apple before. I will from now on! Thanks for going down Memory Lane for me with Jimi and Janis!

#1722461 - 07/28/11 02:38 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

More brilliant contributions folks,, I will add one of my own to Griffins 60's era, Frank Ifield, and "I remember you"

released in 1962, and found in my mams single collection, by me aged 4!! This has a little sad factor, the lyrics were written by johnny mercer, and related to Judy garland, apparently he then gave her the lyrics, the day after she got married to someone else.......
Life sure throws some bad curveballs at folk?

Thanks Rossy! I do remember this from the 60s. It was fun to hear it again,

#1722531 - 07/28/11 04:13 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Sheffield UK
As my obsession with Lady Gaga has got to be common knowledge around here, it's prob' not a suprise that I'm posting this, but it honestly shows that she has talent!

Pokeherface acoustic...............

#1722591 - 07/28/11 06:59 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

This one int bad smile

#1722686 - 07/28/11 10:19 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loads of really good stuff there!!
Griffin, excellent choices as usual!!
AimeeO , I will probably buy Fiona Apples albumn now, thanks.
Wayne, I was going to post Blue Monday! for Recaredo ( because he hates Monday)
Recaredo, Love the violins!
And If I have forgotten anyone else: Sorry!!!
Will post music later as a "busy" thing is happening in the Rossy household at the moment.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

#1722785 - 07/29/11 01:15 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Elssa Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: NY
What wonderful music posted here.. enjoying it all, especially the Motown. thumb

Here's my favorite "oldies" group - The Platters.

#1723024 - 07/29/11 01:02 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Hello Everyone! I enjoyed everyone's postings yesterday. Lots of good music goodies. Elssa, it was great seeing your contribution of the Platters! I used to listen to them when I was a kid, and loved hearing them. That inspired me to share another one of my favorite Platters recordings, "Twilight Time."

#1723038 - 07/29/11 01:12 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

My next post will kick things up for you. Here are the Pointer Sisters singing "Jump."

#1723062 - 07/29/11 01:59 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

Glad you all liked Fiona. Griffin, thanks for "Jump." It made me remember that I had it on 45". Can't remember the B side. I wonder what ever happened to it?'

Superb selections, everyone.. we have excellent taste.

My SO has "Jimi Hendrix: Blues" sitting out. Had no idea this a.) existed, or b.)was in our possession. He has five trillion CDs, so I am not surprised by this. Here's the first track off of it. I'll have to listen to the rest of it.

#1723070 - 07/29/11 02:13 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

Two more:

#1723075 - 07/29/11 02:22 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

Oh gosh, I just opened up a can of worms for myself.

I just found Jimmy Page playing with the Black Crowes doing Zeppelin Songs.

Anyone see that documentary with Page, Jack White, and the Edge? Jimmy has this really calm, content way about himself, and I love it. Can't describe it. Anyway. Now I have to give you this.

#1723283 - 07/29/11 09:21 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Good morning folks, well the Rossy household is still very busy,and time is of the essence.
Actually, what does this mean: time being of the essence?
I cannot remember time ever being of Vannilla essence (we have that in the kitchen, I used four drops for a cake once, and its sat there ever since)
So, presumably, its time to use the vannilla essence, or , IF I use the vannilla essence, I will have more time on my hands.

Actually, what does that mean: having time on ones hands?
Is it possible to have time on ones feet?
These are things that I need more time to ponder, which is difficult today as I am short of time, quite the paradox.

Actually , what does that mean,: a time paradox?

In my case, Posting this is creating a time paradox in itself as I dont really have the time to be posting it.

What I have to do instead is cook a roast dinner, which involves (paradoxically) two uses of time simultaneously, "My posting time" and dried Thyme.

Ah well, food for thought.

Actually, what exactly does that mean: food for thought?
A way of swapping consumables for inspiration?

SPARKS: "Good Morning" From the basement...please dont ask me whos basement,its just "a" basement, I dont have the time to find out where...

Enjoy.

#1723413 - 07/30/11 06:16 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Preparing dinner at 2.21am, now that is an odd time!

Hope I'm not being repetative here, but here's a song that was played at my great aunty Margeries funeral, (she had run out of time)

#1723468 - 07/30/11 11:21 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Good morning! This is just a test. I'm having tech problems again. I'll be back as soon as I get it fixed.

#1723522 - 07/30/11 01:04 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Okay, tech problem is partly solved. My first post was a party dance favorite when I was in high school. Here is Little Eva performing "Locomotion."

#1723596 - 07/30/11 03:52 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

It's not midnight in Minneapolis. However, I'm in the mood to hear Wilsobn Picket's "In the Midnight Hour." It was one of our favorites in college. Rock on!

#1723601 - 07/30/11 03:56 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Hold on Folks! I'm not done yet! Here's Sam & Dave singing "Hold On I'm Coming."

#1723603 - 07/30/11 03:58 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

That's my final post for today. I've truly enjoyed all of the posts I heard yesterday. Keep sharing your favorite music. It's fun!

Have a great day!

#1723811 - 07/30/11 11:24 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: griffin2417]
1000 Post Club Member

This is probably the first and last time you will ever see me post a jazz vid.

#1723841 - 07/30/11 11:57 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Ah Wayne, We have a problem with staying up all night, no matter how hard we try , this allways seems to happen.
So, when our lad comes over for dinner, I have to institute a cunning plan.
2.30am: start to roast joint of beef.
5.00 am: stop roasting joint of beef, and take it out of oven to rest.
prepare cabage and cauliflower and leave in pan ready to cook.
prepare potatoes and leave in pan.

Prepare cantonese sauce in wok and leave.

6.00 am... sleep till 12.oo midday.

1.00pm part boil spuds, slice rested beef and put in wok with cantonese sauce.

1.10pm put part boiled spuds in oven to roast.

1.45pm put veg on to boil, and put wok on heat to heat beef in cantonese sauce.

2.00pm Boy arrives for dinner.
2.03pm make boy a brew while he waits for dinner to be served.
2.05pm serve dinner.
Simples.

Griffin, I loved this pointer sisters single....Fire!

Edited by Rostosky (07/31/11 12:01 AM)
Edit Reason: FORGOT TO THANK POLYPHASICPIANIST FOR IT BEING THE LAST TIME HE WILL POST A JAZZ VIDEO, AND TO COMMENT ON HIS FIRST POSTING OF A JAZZ VIDEO,BY SAYING :"YOU SHOULDNT, NO REALLY, YOU SHOULDNT, REALLY"

#1723871 - 07/31/11 01:14 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Got slightly OT there what with explaining to Wayne how I cook in the night and why etc, (and also the introduction of jazz into an otherwise splendid thread!!LOL)

Anyways, Nik Turner.
I feel very smpathetic for Nik, and not just because I have been to a few of his legendary parties, (as he lives close to Carmarthen) or because he can oft be seen busking round christmas time on sax.

The main reason is because after he left hawkwind, he got together with a few ex-hawkwind members and formed a group.

These guys were all ex-hawkwind, so they called themselves "ex-hawkwind" and why not? one may be forgiven for asking.

Unfortunately, Dave Brock had decided to Copyright the Hawkwind name, and issued a summons for breach of that copyrighted name, so poor Nik and the others, even though they were all ex-hawkwind were not legally allowed to perform under that name.

Petty or what?

Anyways, (again) as a very interesting aside, Nik, back in the day, was given permission to record some three hours worth of flute playing Inside the Kings chamber in the great pyramid in Egypt.

I dont believe anyone else has ever had this privalege, nor is anyone else ever likely too in the future.

Here is Niks latest band Space Ritual, who are really sounding great, the dancer here is Angel, and she gets Nik dancing away in this song "walking backwards"

I know she is not the great Amazonian Stacia Blake, of days of yore, but nevertheless the whole crew is looking and sounding brilliant.

Well done NIK... There are many comments now to the effect that space ritual is more hawkwind than hawkwind!!!

#1723878 - 07/31/11 01:52 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
1000 Post Club Member

Edited by Rostosky (07/31/11 12:01 AM)
Edit Reason: FORGOT TO THANK POLYPHASICPIANIST FOR IT BEING THE LAST TIME HE WILL POST A JAZZ VIDEO, AND TO COMMENT ON HIS FIRST POSTING OF A JAZZ VIDEO,BY SAYING :"YOU SHOULDNT, NO REALLY, YOU SHOULDNT, REALLY"

Well . . . maybe one more . . .

But, really? Why would listen to that when you can listen to this . . .

. . . And now (just for fun) lets add some guitars, bass, and some scary sounds from an electronic bagpipe

Edited by polyphasicpianist (07/31/11 01:55 AM)
Edit Reason: P.S. That middle video is how you make Buddy Rich look like a novice ;-)

#1723884 - 07/31/11 02:36 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

I never actually believed the saying "sometimes less is more"
It always sounded stupid:

More has to be more than less, by definition.
And by the same token less, is always less than more.

Imagine my surprise after all of the drumming videos, when I found an example of more being done with less, which , admitidly isn't an example of more is less, but it does show less can be more. More or less.

Page 17 of 236 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 235 236 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
139 registered (accordeur, Almaviva, 51 invisible), 1363 Guests and 26 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74236 Members
42 Forums
153566 Topics
2250607 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
song i wrote. people in clubs love it
by jedplays
5 minutes 42 seconds ago
Fazioli "factory tour" video.
by R_B
28 minutes 1 second ago
Piano Science
by venice1
56 minutes 16 seconds ago
MP7 vs MP11: only 6 differences?
by Marko in Boston
Today at 09:08 PM
the conclusion on weighted keys and developing technique
by B.Petrovic
Today at 09:02 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission