Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#1741132 - 08/26/11 04:32 PM OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz
jazzyprof Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
I miss my gal Pogo. This place ain't quite the same since she took a break from posting. cry

And the dueling duo of Nyire and kbk could always be counted on for some fireworks. tiki

Even Gyro's gone missing.

Where have all the spicy ones gone?

It's hard to get a good fight going over the worst piece, the greatest waltz, the hardest piece. smile

So, whom do you miss, and why?

(ad) Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#1741137 - 08/26/11 04:37 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
MathTeacher Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Pogorelich disagreed with almost all my posts. I'll never forget her classic line to me: "Stop doing exercises all day and play some actual music! Good god!"

I didn't know she was female.

Edited by MathTeacher (08/26/11 04:38 PM)

#1741140 - 08/26/11 04:44 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
currawong Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Down Under
To mention three who were not banned:

I miss whippenboy (so knowledgeable and so pleasant about it), harmosis (saved me the bother of trying to answer any harmony question on the composers' forum) and schubertian (how could I not love a Schubertian?). frown

#1741148 - 08/26/11 05:16 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: currawong]
MathTeacher Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada
I only joined January of this year, so I'm not too familiar with how someone can get banned from a piano forum. What is there to get viscious over?

#1741191 - 08/26/11 06:48 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: currawong]
wr Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: currawong
To mention three who were not banned:

I miss whippenboy (so knowledgeable and so pleasant about it), harmosis (saved me the bother of trying to answer any harmony question on the composers' forum) and schubertian (how could I not love a Schubertian?). frown

Yes, I still think about whippenboy once in a while and wonder how things are going with him. I imagine very well.

This surprises me a bit, but I also have sometimes missed Auntie Lynn's acerbic and direct manner, on those occasions when I think she might have said something that needed saying.

I do not miss Nyiregyhazi, whose arguing seemed somewhat pathological to me.

#1741197 - 08/26/11 07:06 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
Kuanpiano Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Canada
I miss Angelina, but Nyir and KK not so much. I agree with wr's assessment of Nyiregyhazi, and Klutz just seemed like a guy who would talk about technique all of the time....and then subsequently post a video that displays a technique which is insufficient to play anything close to the advanced repertoire he was commenting on.

I don't miss Ed weiss, the new-age guy.

I miss Jdhampton (did I get his name right??) I always wondered what happened to him after he started a thread about the technical issues in Debussy's Pagodes which received (unwarranted) scolding from "veterans" of the forum.
Rachmaninoff - Piano Sonata no.1

#1741198 - 08/26/11 07:10 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
stores Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Here, as opposed to there
I'll let Pogo know she's missed.

"And if we look at the works of J.S. Bach — a benevolent god to which all musicians should offer a prayer to defend themselves against mediocrity... -Debussy

"It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right."

♪ ≠ $

#1741199 - 08/26/11 07:11 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
Mark_C Online   content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: New York
Well, certainly Pogo anyway. smile

And KBK....maybe. Nyir, if he could have learned to be a slightly different person, which I still wouldn't rule out.

BTW Gyro seems to be on a temp ban. If my math is right, for better or worse he might be due back soon.

#1741206 - 08/26/11 07:25 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: Mark_C]
ChopinAddict Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Land of the never-ending music
Originally Posted By: Mark_C

BTW Gyro seems to be on a temp ban. If my math is right, for better or worse he might be due back soon.

How do you know it is just temporary? smile

Music is my best friend.

#1741208 - 08/26/11 07:26 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
gooddog Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Seattle area, WA
I miss some and not others but what's the point of this thread?

Deborah

#1741210 - 08/26/11 07:29 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: gooddog]
jazzyprof Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
Originally Posted By: gooddog
I miss some and not others but what's the point of this thread?

Goodness...you mean threads have to have a point? smile

#1741213 - 08/26/11 07:35 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
Damon Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: St. Louis area
I miss Bjones and Partypianist.

Edited by Damon (08/26/11 07:36 PM)

#1741234 - 08/26/11 08:50 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
Fugue14 Offline

Before I opened this, I thought, "Well, Nyiregyhazi has been dead for a while, but Pogorelich is still alive...sort of"! smile

#1741242 - 08/26/11 09:06 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: ChopinAddict]
Mark_C Online   content

Originally Posted By: ChopinAddict

You're right -- I don't. I put it the way I did because I thought I saw it mentioned that it was temporary, but if so, that could have been just a guess. If it's more than temporary.....well, I've made it known that I had always suspected he was fraudulent to at least some degree, although 'the powers that be' apparently weren't much considering it so. If they did come to see him that way, they didn't indicate it, but I sure wouldn't be against it.

#1741244 - 08/26/11 09:13 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: Mark_C]
argerichfan Offline
8000 Post Club Member

Loc: Pacific Northwest, US.

Why would Gyro be on a temporary ban? One might disagree with his posts, but he didn't break any house rules... in this forum at least. Perhaps in a different forum? But I hardly ever open those.

I miss Fleeting Visions. He seemed like a cool bloke and we PM'd quite a bit. I also miss Horowitzian. He certainly knew his favourite pianist's recordings and also had a terrific knowledge of Apple products.

#1741251 - 08/26/11 09:24 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: argerichfan]
Mark_C Online   content

Jason: Some of us (especially me) strongly suspected that there was more about him that was objectionable than met the eye. I've said plenty about it on the site -- some have said that I said it too much and too many times -- so I won't repeat it.

About Horowitzian: I had the impression that he (mostly) left because he started his own 'competing' site and was putting more of himself into that (understandably). Some people have thought it was just that he became busy with other things and went in other directions.....

#1741264 - 08/26/11 09:47 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: Mark_C]
argerichfan Offline
8000 Post Club Member

Loc: Pacific Northwest, US.

About Horowitzian: I had the impression that he (mostly) left because he started his own 'competing' site and was putting more of himself into that (understandably). Some people have thought it was just that he became busy with other things and went in other directions.....

My impression is that he is indeed very busy with other endeavors, and good on him. His 'competing' site hasn't had a hit since March.

#1741270 - 08/26/11 09:52 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
ChopinAddict Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Land of the never-ending music
I think that H said in one of his last posts that he was concentrating on the guitar as his primary instrument?

Music is my best friend.

#1741286 - 08/26/11 10:36 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
sophial Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: US
I know Nyir could be argumentative (as can so many other folks) but he had some interesting and helpful ideas.

#1741314 - 08/27/11 12:40 AM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: sophial]
Mark_C Online   content

^^ Yes, but that little summary leaves out a lot of other stuff that he was. ^^ grin

#1741317 - 08/27/11 12:54 AM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
liszt85 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Pogo, I believe, is still around. She doesn't post though. I say this because I myself missed her and looked up the user list. I looked on the 24th of August. The last time she was online then was the 23rd of August. So I assume she's still around and lurks quite a bit (but I don't know why she would log in to lurk.. I guess one would log in to get the bolds on the unread threads. I log in all the time before I read all the threads).
Next in line:
Chopin: Ballade No. 1 in G minor, Op.23
Debussy: Le vent dans la plaine (Prelude 3, Book 1)
Debussy: Les sons et les parfums tournent dans l'air du soir (Prelude 4, Book 1)

#1741331 - 08/27/11 01:40 AM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
Nikolas Online   content
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Europe
Yes, Angelina hasn't been gone all that much really. I remember her post last week or so... I do miss thejourney though (I think it was him... :-/) who got banned eventually. KBK is not much of a problem for me... smile

And I also kinda miss Sam and RogerW (from the less pianists-more composers)

#1741339 - 08/27/11 02:15 AM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
btb Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Pretoria South Africa
What beats me is working out what it takes to get banned ... do you have to use swear words or drop your pants to qualify?

All the chappies in quarantine (or whatever) had never darkened my door, so it comes as a surprise to hear of all those “criminals” behind bars.

But then I’m such an innocent, law-abiding, dull, pompous twit.

#1741343 - 08/27/11 02:44 AM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
Opus_Maximus Offline
1000 Post Club Member

What I want to know is whatever happened to Brendan....

#1741345 - 08/27/11 02:56 AM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
Damon Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: St. Louis area
He posted once this month I think.

#1741355 - 08/27/11 04:24 AM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
Dave Horne Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Vught, The Netherlands
I miss theJourney and wish he were back.

mp3\wav files

AvantGrand N3, CP5

#1741390 - 08/27/11 08:00 AM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: Opus_Maximus]
Kreisler Offline

Loc: Iowa City, IA
Originally Posted By: Opus_Maximus

He got a university position that eats up all his time.
"If we continually try to force a child to do what he is afraid to do, he will become more timid, and will use his brains and energy, not to explore the unknown, but to find ways to avoid the pressures we put on him." (John Holt)

www.pianoped.com
www.youtube.com/user/UIPianoPed

#1741406 - 08/27/11 08:46 AM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: Opus_Maximus]
Orange Soda King Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Louisville, Kentucky, United S...
Originally Posted By: Opus_Maximus

He's posted a couple times recently. One of those posts was about leopards pooping. crazy

By the way, I'm visiting again today, but you're already gone! frown Please tell me if you're ever back in town.

#1741438 - 08/27/11 09:59 AM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
apple* Offline

Loc: Kansas
i miss everyone but Ed.

down with banning please... It seems that the most controversial people have the best contributions oddly.. Must have something to do with artists being nuts.

I'd even put up with Ed..

love and peace, Õun (apple in Estonian)

#1741441 - 08/27/11 10:06 AM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: ChopinAddict]
Piano*Dad Offline

Loc: Williamsburg, VA
Originally Posted By: ChopinAddict

Inside information .... grin
Grotrian 192 #156455

https://www.youtube.com/user/dhfeld/videos

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Brendan, Kreisler 
What's Hot!!
European Piano Party 2014, Picts & Stories! (Piano Party in Portugal)
-------------------
75,000 Members and Growing!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) Purely Piano Practice Software
Purely Piano Practice Software
(ad) Piano Guide Lessons
Piano Guide Lessons
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
95 registered (A Guy, Atrys, Anticlock, Austin D, 22 invisible), 1260 Guests and 23 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75336 Members
42 Forums
155778 Topics
2287332 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Emergency help!
by Parks
07/10/14 11:36 PM
Pain in my lower back, help!!
by rov
07/10/14 10:55 PM
If there were only 2 choices..
by ChopinFan66
07/10/14 08:04 PM
symphonic pianomusic
by dolce sfogato
07/10/14 06:16 PM
First Digital Piano - Casio AP250 or Roland RP301?
by Jorgeb
07/10/14 02:07 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission