Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#1741132 - 08/26/11 04:32 PM OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz
jazzyprof Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
I miss my gal Pogo. This place ain't quite the same since she took a break from posting. cry

And the dueling duo of Nyire and kbk could always be counted on for some fireworks. tiki

Even Gyro's gone missing.

Where have all the spicy ones gone?

It's hard to get a good fight going over the worst piece, the greatest waltz, the hardest piece. smile

So, whom do you miss, and why?

(ad) Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#1741137 - 08/26/11 04:37 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
MathTeacher Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Pogorelich disagreed with almost all my posts. I'll never forget her classic line to me: "Stop doing exercises all day and play some actual music! Good god!"

I didn't know she was female.

Edited by MathTeacher (08/26/11 04:38 PM)

#1741140 - 08/26/11 04:44 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
currawong Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Down Under
To mention three who were not banned:

I miss whippenboy (so knowledgeable and so pleasant about it), harmosis (saved me the bother of trying to answer any harmony question on the composers' forum) and schubertian (how could I not love a Schubertian?). frown

#1741148 - 08/26/11 05:16 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: currawong]
MathTeacher Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada
I only joined January of this year, so I'm not too familiar with how someone can get banned from a piano forum. What is there to get viscious over?

#1741191 - 08/26/11 06:48 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: currawong]
wr Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: currawong
To mention three who were not banned:

I miss whippenboy (so knowledgeable and so pleasant about it), harmosis (saved me the bother of trying to answer any harmony question on the composers' forum) and schubertian (how could I not love a Schubertian?). frown

Yes, I still think about whippenboy once in a while and wonder how things are going with him. I imagine very well.

This surprises me a bit, but I also have sometimes missed Auntie Lynn's acerbic and direct manner, on those occasions when I think she might have said something that needed saying.

I do not miss Nyiregyhazi, whose arguing seemed somewhat pathological to me.

#1741197 - 08/26/11 07:06 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
Kuanpiano Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Canada
I miss Angelina, but Nyir and KK not so much. I agree with wr's assessment of Nyiregyhazi, and Klutz just seemed like a guy who would talk about technique all of the time....and then subsequently post a video that displays a technique which is insufficient to play anything close to the advanced repertoire he was commenting on.

I don't miss Ed weiss, the new-age guy.

I miss Jdhampton (did I get his name right??) I always wondered what happened to him after he started a thread about the technical issues in Debussy's Pagodes which received (unwarranted) scolding from "veterans" of the forum.
Rachmaninoff - Piano Concerto no.3

#1741198 - 08/26/11 07:10 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
stores Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Here, as opposed to there
I'll let Pogo know she's missed.

"And if we look at the works of J.S. Bach — a benevolent god to which all musicians should offer a prayer to defend themselves against mediocrity... -Debussy

"It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right."

♪ ≠ $

#1741199 - 08/26/11 07:11 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
Mark_C Online   content
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: New York
Well, certainly Pogo anyway. smile

And KBK....maybe. Nyir, if he could have learned to be a slightly different person, which I still wouldn't rule out.

BTW Gyro seems to be on a temp ban. If my math is right, for better or worse he might be due back soon.

#1741206 - 08/26/11 07:25 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: Mark_C]
ChopinAddict Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Land of the never-ending music
Originally Posted By: Mark_C

BTW Gyro seems to be on a temp ban. If my math is right, for better or worse he might be due back soon.

How do you know it is just temporary? smile

Music is my best friend.

#1741208 - 08/26/11 07:26 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
gooddog Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Seattle area, WA
I miss some and not others but what's the point of this thread?

Deborah

#1741210 - 08/26/11 07:29 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: gooddog]
jazzyprof Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: gooddog
I miss some and not others but what's the point of this thread?

Goodness...you mean threads have to have a point? smile

#1741213 - 08/26/11 07:35 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
Damon Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: St. Louis area
I miss Bjones and Partypianist.

Edited by Damon (08/26/11 07:36 PM)

#1741234 - 08/26/11 08:50 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
Fugue14 Offline

Before I opened this, I thought, "Well, Nyiregyhazi has been dead for a while, but Pogorelich is still alive...sort of"! smile

#1741242 - 08/26/11 09:06 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: ChopinAddict]
Mark_C Online   content

Originally Posted By: ChopinAddict

You're right -- I don't. I put it the way I did because I thought I saw it mentioned that it was temporary, but if so, that could have been just a guess. If it's more than temporary.....well, I've made it known that I had always suspected he was fraudulent to at least some degree, although 'the powers that be' apparently weren't much considering it so. If they did come to see him that way, they didn't indicate it, but I sure wouldn't be against it.

#1741244 - 08/26/11 09:13 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: Mark_C]
argerichfan Offline
8000 Post Club Member

Loc: Pacific Northwest, US.

Why would Gyro be on a temporary ban? One might disagree with his posts, but he didn't break any house rules... in this forum at least. Perhaps in a different forum? But I hardly ever open those.

I miss Fleeting Visions. He seemed like a cool bloke and we PM'd quite a bit. I also miss Horowitzian. He certainly knew his favourite pianist's recordings and also had a terrific knowledge of Apple products.

#1741251 - 08/26/11 09:24 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: argerichfan]
Mark_C Online   content

Jason: Some of us (especially me) strongly suspected that there was more about him that was objectionable than met the eye. I've said plenty about it on the site -- some have said that I said it too much and too many times -- so I won't repeat it.

About Horowitzian: I had the impression that he (mostly) left because he started his own 'competing' site and was putting more of himself into that (understandably). Some people have thought it was just that he became busy with other things and went in other directions.....

#1741264 - 08/26/11 09:47 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: Mark_C]
argerichfan Offline
8000 Post Club Member

About Horowitzian: I had the impression that he (mostly) left because he started his own 'competing' site and was putting more of himself into that (understandably). Some people have thought it was just that he became busy with other things and went in other directions.....

My impression is that he is indeed very busy with other endeavors, and good on him. His 'competing' site hasn't had a hit since March.

#1741270 - 08/26/11 09:52 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
ChopinAddict Offline
6000 Post Club Member

I think that H said in one of his last posts that he was concentrating on the guitar as his primary instrument?

Music is my best friend.

#1741286 - 08/26/11 10:36 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
sophial Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: US
I know Nyir could be argumentative (as can so many other folks) but he had some interesting and helpful ideas.

#1741314 - 08/27/11 12:40 AM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: sophial]
Mark_C Online   content

^^ Yes, but that little summary leaves out a lot of other stuff that he was. ^^ grin

#1741317 - 08/27/11 12:54 AM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
liszt85 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Pogo, I believe, is still around. She doesn't post though. I say this because I myself missed her and looked up the user list. I looked on the 24th of August. The last time she was online then was the 23rd of August. So I assume she's still around and lurks quite a bit (but I don't know why she would log in to lurk.. I guess one would log in to get the bolds on the unread threads. I log in all the time before I read all the threads).
Next in line:
Chopin: Ballade No. 1 in G minor, Op.23
Debussy: Le vent dans la plaine (Prelude 3, Book 1)
Debussy: Les sons et les parfums tournent dans l'air du soir (Prelude 4, Book 1)

#1741331 - 08/27/11 01:40 AM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
Nikolas Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Europe
Yes, Angelina hasn't been gone all that much really. I remember her post last week or so... I do miss thejourney though (I think it was him... :-/) who got banned eventually. KBK is not much of a problem for me... smile

And I also kinda miss Sam and RogerW (from the less pianists-more composers)

#1741339 - 08/27/11 02:15 AM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
btb Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Pretoria South Africa
What beats me is working out what it takes to get banned ... do you have to use swear words or drop your pants to qualify?

All the chappies in quarantine (or whatever) had never darkened my door, so it comes as a surprise to hear of all those “criminals” behind bars.

But then I’m such an innocent, law-abiding, dull, pompous twit.

#1741343 - 08/27/11 02:44 AM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
Opus_Maximus Offline
1000 Post Club Member

What I want to know is whatever happened to Brendan....

#1741345 - 08/27/11 02:56 AM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
Damon Offline
5000 Post Club Member

He posted once this month I think.

#1741355 - 08/27/11 04:24 AM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
Dave Horne Online   content
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Vught, The Netherlands
I miss theJourney and wish he were back.

mp3\wav files

AvantGrand N3, CP5

#1741390 - 08/27/11 08:00 AM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: Opus_Maximus]
Kreisler Offline

Loc: Iowa City, IA
Originally Posted By: Opus_Maximus

He got a university position that eats up all his time.
"If we continually try to force a child to do what he is afraid to do, he will become more timid, and will use his brains and energy, not to explore the unknown, but to find ways to avoid the pressures we put on him." (John Holt)

www.pianoped.com
www.youtube.com/user/UIPianoPed

#1741406 - 08/27/11 08:46 AM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: Opus_Maximus]
Orange Soda King Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Louisville, Kentucky, United S...
Originally Posted By: Opus_Maximus

He's posted a couple times recently. One of those posts was about leopards pooping. crazy

By the way, I'm visiting again today, but you're already gone! frown Please tell me if you're ever back in town.

#1741438 - 08/27/11 09:59 AM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
apple* Offline

Loc: Kansas
i miss everyone but Ed.

down with banning please... It seems that the most controversial people have the best contributions oddly.. Must have something to do with artists being nuts.

I'd even put up with Ed..

love and peace, Õun (apple in Estonian)

#1741441 - 08/27/11 10:06 AM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: ChopinAddict]
Piano*Dad Offline

Loc: Williamsburg, VA

Inside information .... grin
Grotrian 192 #156455

#1741453 - 08/27/11 10:24 AM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: btb]
Kreisler Offline

Loc: Iowa City, IA
Originally Posted By: btb
What beats me is working out what it takes to get banned ... do you have to use swear words or drop your pants to qualify?

In the past, it's usually gone something like this:

Be profane and/or launch insults at other members.
Ignore warnings.
Get a temporary suspension.
Do it all over again.
Ignore more warnings.
Continue arguing and insulting people.
Be a troll and bait your enemies.
Respond to the next warning by telling one of the admins to "lighten up", how it was "all a joke" and "in good fun" and how everybody is "way too serious."
Continue arguing, insulting, and baiting.
Respond to the final warning by telling the admins to "**** off", "kiss my ***", or "go to ****."
Get banned.
Send an email to the webmaster or through friends posting about how your popularity and helpfulness over the years gives you right to act like a total ******* (several expressions fit those 7 letters - any are appropriate) and that we've been totally unfair. Also be sure to complain about how some other user deserves the same or equal punishment because they're just as bad. At this point, people usually take one of two paths - either turn into a bratty 5 year old and throw a fit about how life is unfair, or act like one of those irresponsible 20-somethings that give you the "aw shucks it won't happen again just give me another chance" routine.
"If we continually try to force a child to do what he is afraid to do, he will become more timid, and will use his brains and energy, not to explore the unknown, but to find ways to avoid the pressures we put on him." (John Holt)

www.pianoped.com
www.youtube.com/user/UIPianoPed

#1741460 - 08/27/11 10:43 AM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
Pogorelich. Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: in the past
How thoughtful of you, babe! <3 But I am still around, just trying not to post in controversial threads... it can get too consuming in all senses..

'I want to invest my emotions only in music; it will never disappoint me or hurt me - it is a safe place to be.'

#1741572 - 08/27/11 02:20 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
Nikolas Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Europe
LOL @ Kreisler... laugh I've lived through that exactly from Franks position (as an admin). It's impressive that most people go through pretty much the same story! grin...

Other than that I would imagine that stretching the rules wouldn't be too nice either! (can you imagine someone continuously posting a 'competitive' website?... Difficult really. I mean, yeah, you probably can do it a couple of times, probably with the tollerance of the admins/mods but continuously? Yikes!)

I have to say that PW is quite light in terms of banning though. I've seen MUCH worst!

#1741584 - 08/27/11 02:43 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: Pogorelich.]
jazzyprof Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Pogorelich.
How thoughtful of you, babe! <3 But I am still around, just trying not to post in controversial threads... it can get too consuming in all senses..

Yay! Time to celebrate! thumb

I know what you mean about controversial threads...but they're so much fun though. smile

#1741611 - 08/27/11 03:44 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
Piano*Dad Offline

Loc: Williamsburg, VA
You must think a root canal is fun too .... smile

Some of the banished I miss. Some I do not. What a shock.
Grotrian 192 #156455

#1741630 - 08/27/11 04:20 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: Mark_C]
sophial Offline
3000 Post Club Member

^^ Yes, but that little summary leaves out a lot of other stuff that he was. ^^ grin

Yeah, but how long of a message did you want? ha grin

#1741692 - 08/27/11 06:37 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: apple*]
wr Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: apple*

down with banning please... It seems that the most controversial people have the best contributions oddly..

I would bet that when you say that, you are thinking of just a few you liked, instead of the whole bunch of them. To me, banning just makes sense, and if people can't behave after sufficient warnings, well, tough. I've seen how it goes in forums where nobody gets banned, and it is not worth it, IMO. There are always some sociopaths trying wreck the place, basically, and sometimes they succeed.

#1741695 - 08/27/11 06:49 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: wr]
carey Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona
Originally Posted By: wr
Originally Posted By: apple*

down with banning please... It seems that the most controversial people have the best contributions oddly..

........To me, banning just makes sense, and if people can't behave after sufficient warnings, well, tough. I've seen how it goes in forums where nobody gets banned, and it is not worth it, IMO. There are always some sociopaths trying wreck the place, basically, and sometimes they succeed.

Well said.... thumb

Edited by carey (08/27/11 06:49 PM)

#1741761 - 08/27/11 09:10 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
Ridicolosamente Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Miami, Florida, USA
Definitely miss Janus, sotto voce, Fleeting Visions.

FWIW, PW is a great community, and I keep coming back for the warmth, intelligence, and spunkiness of many awesome members, as much as (if not more than) for the actual talking points. There are many here I'd love to buy a beer.

*Cheers*

-Daniel

#1741768 - 08/27/11 09:29 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: Ridicolosamente]
argerichfan Offline
8000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Ridicolosamente
Definitely miss Janus, sotto voce, Fleeting Visions.

Nasty complications with sotto voce (I'm now over that), but -as posted earlier- I do miss Fleeting Visions. Neat guy, incredibly intelligent, and great octaves. Wonder what he is up to these days.

Janus is another situation. We got along so well -many great PMs- but he turned against me when he found out that I didn't worship at the altar of Mahler. Okay to dislike Bach or Mozart, but Mahler? A sin for which I should rot in helll. (Does any other composer inspire such a messianic devotion?)

Thanks to the 'other' Jason I have since changed my views -I LOVE the 6th symphony- but Janus never forgave me for the transgression.

#1741841 - 08/27/11 11:49 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
rocket88 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

I miss the klutz.

#1741845 - 08/28/11 12:01 AM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: argerichfan]
jazzyprof Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: argerichfan
I do miss Fleeting Visions. Neat guy, incredibly intelligent, and great octaves. Wonder what he is up to these days.

Wow, interesting guy that Fleeting Visions. I just checked out some of his last posts and apparently he started a PhD program in biophysics at age 18 or 19 and then was on a year's medical leave of absence. While working on his PhD he was also studying with a piano performance professor.

#1741846 - 08/28/11 12:07 AM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: rocket88]
Cinnamonbear Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Rockford, IL
I miss the klutz, too.

Anyone know where Canonie has been? (I am taking attendance, again...)

#1741869 - 08/28/11 01:02 AM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
Frozenicicles Offline
1000 Post Club Member

In my opinion there's no excuse for cyberbullying, no matter how helpful or popular you are. There is a line between being frank and simply being mean, and people who get banned here cross that line.

#1741927 - 08/28/11 06:24 AM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
hopinmad Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Eryri/Manchester
Could anyone tell me what happened to sottovoce? I returned to PianoWorld after a long time and found him gone.

#1741973 - 08/28/11 10:04 AM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: hopinmad]
Damon Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: hopinmad
Could anyone tell me what happened to sottovoce? I returned to PianoWorld after a long time and found him gone.

He came in here with a machine gun and killed 4 or 5 posters so we had to let him go.

#1741980 - 08/28/11 10:15 AM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: hopinmad]
jazzyprof Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: hopinmad

I believe he was involved in some verbal bullying jousting, told a moderator to muck off, got banned, came back as chercherchopin, was found out, told everyone to suck it, and then was summarily executed.

#1742006 - 08/28/11 11:39 AM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
tomasino Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota
How 'bout me? Nary a mention. Maybe because I'm only near dead. I still post about once every two weeks. Four five years ago I was writing lengthy posts twice a week, and two sentence comments twice a day.

Be nice to be mentioned amongst the dead, even if I'm not quite there yet. I don' even know who half these people are who are so missed.

Tomasino
"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do so with all thy might." Ecclesiastes 9:10

#1742010 - 08/28/11 11:50 AM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: tomasino]
Cinnamonbear Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Good news, Tomasino! I never considered you dead OR missing! Yet. I see your posts, and always benefit from them in some way. grin Piano World is a slow board. I usually consider a regular contributor missing if they haven't appeard in some forum or another after about a month! eek

#1742031 - 08/28/11 12:38 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: Cinnamonbear]
gooddog Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Seattle area, WA
Originally Posted By: Cinnamonbear
Good news, Tomasino! I never considered you dead OR missing! Yet. I see your posts, and always benefit from them in some way. grin Piano World is a slow board. I usually consider a regular contributor missing if they haven't appeard in some forum or another after about a month! eek
thumb

Deborah

#1742050 - 08/28/11 01:10 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
pno Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: ♪oron♪o, on♪ario, canada...
Lie.

Just look at that P-street site.

#1742058 - 08/28/11 01:26 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
apple* Offline

Loc: Kansas
tomasino.. I hope you are ok. you certainly have seemed intelligent. I hope you don't have some disease or something.

love and peace, Õun (apple in Estonian)

#1742077 - 08/28/11 02:19 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: Kuanpiano]
jdhampton924 Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Evansville, Indiana
Originally Posted By: Kuanpiano
I miss Angelina, but Nyir and KK not so much. I agree with wr's assessment of Nyiregyhazi, and Klutz just seemed like a guy who would talk about technique all of the time....and then subsequently post a video that displays a technique which is insufficient to play anything close to the advanced repertoire he was commenting on.

I miss Jdhampton (did I get his name right??) I always wondered what happened to him after he started a thread about the technical issues in Debussy's Pagodes which received (unwarranted) scolding from "veterans" of the forum.

Good to know I was missed! I ended up taking a break from most things computer for part of the summer. Went through a pretty nasty breakup, so it was a very welcome change of pace. Took some summer classes, spent a lot of time in the practice rooms. Soul searching, reading a lot of new music, you know the usual fun things.

#1742181 - 08/28/11 05:29 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jdhampton924]
Kuanpiano Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: jdhampton924
Originally Posted By: Kuanpiano

Good to know I was missed! I ended up taking a break from most things computer for part of the summer. Went through a pretty nasty breakup, so it was a very welcome change of pace. Took some summer classes, spent a lot of time in the practice rooms. Soul searching, reading a lot of new music, you know the usual fun things.

Aww sick, you're back!! Glad to see that you're learning Pagodes (a PHENOMENAL PIECE). I'm planning to learn the rest of the Estampes set this fall!
Rachmaninoff - Piano Concerto no.3

#1742226 - 08/28/11 06:53 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: tomasino]
currawong Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: tomasino
Be nice to be mentioned amongst the dead, even if I'm not quite there yet.
I don't consider you dead now, but you were away for quite a while at one stage, and I missed you. smile

#1742229 - 08/28/11 06:56 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jdhampton924]
argerichfan Offline
8000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: jdhampton924

Good to know I was missed!

You were.

#1742231 - 08/28/11 06:59 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: tomasino]
argerichfan Offline
8000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: tomasino
How 'bout me? Nary a mention.

Anything you post on this board is of interest to me. You are a man of principles.

#1742264 - 08/28/11 08:27 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: Cinnamonbear]
wr Offline
7000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Cinnamonbear
I miss the klutz, too.

Anyone know where Canonie has been? (I am taking attendance, again...)

Ditto on both.

I was just wondering about Canonie just a few days ago. Looks like the last time she checked in here was 25 July. I hope her new piano is the happy reason for her absence.

#1742268 - 08/28/11 08:32 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: wr]
Cinnamonbear Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Yes, it would not be Canonie's first self-imposed extended absence. Probably went back to nature for a while... Maybe hand harvesting tea leaves or something... smile

#1742298 - 08/28/11 09:05 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
cardguy Offline
500 Post Club Member

I still miss Sotto. KBK just struck me as strange, belligerent, and weirdly tedious. His "instructional videos" did nothing to lessen this impression.

#1742299 - 08/28/11 09:07 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: cardguy]
Mark_C Online   content

Originally Posted By: cardguy
I still miss Sotto. KBK just struck me as strange, belligerent, and weirdly tedious. His "instructional videos" did nothing to lessen this impression.

They were both 'different ways at different times,' as were most or all the others that were banned. I think our different takes on them depend on what posts from them we happened to see or not, and how we happen to feel about their particular different ways of being different.

#1742360 - 08/28/11 11:10 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
sophial Offline
3000 Post Club Member

tomasino and jdhampton-- glad you are both still around and good to hear from you!

Sophia

#1742587 - 08/29/11 12:17 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
J Cortese Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
I never minded Pogo; she was bright, dedicated, and smart as a whip, and simply forthright about her opinions. However, her attacks were never personal. She just was up front about what she thought.

The others? Good riddance, AFAIC.

#1742589 - 08/29/11 12:21 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: J Cortese]
Mark_C Online   content

Originally Posted By: J Cortese
I never minded Pogo....

Nobody did. smile
(Nor does.....)

#1742682 - 08/29/11 03:11 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: argerichfan]
Horowitzian Offline
8000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: argerichfan

Why would Gyro be on a temporary ban? One might disagree with his posts, but he didn't break any house rules... in this forum at least. Perhaps in a different forum? But I hardly ever open those.

I miss Fleeting Visions. He seemed like a cool bloke and we PM'd quite a bit. I also miss Horowitzian. He certainly knew his favourite pianist's recordings and also had a terrific knowledge of Apple products.

Hey!

I'm so incredibly busy with other stuff I've just had to cut off a lot of what I used to do on the internet. Sadly that meant some of my "pet project" websites. frown

I'm starting piano lessons again on Sept. 5 though, after taking the summer off. I needed the break in a bad way, and I'm excited to get started again.

I've been into photography of late too; might share some pics later if I have time.

~H

PS - Jason, I'll send you a PM tonight.

#1742693 - 08/29/11 03:31 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: Horowitzian]
Mark_C Online   content

^^ Good to see you, H! ^^

#1743382 - 08/30/11 06:15 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
Horowitzian Offline
8000 Post Club Member

Thanks, Mark.

I see you have left my post count in the dust! laugh

#1743391 - 08/30/11 06:21 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: Horowitzian]
Damon Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Horowitzian
Thanks, Mark.

ha

#1743398 - 08/30/11 06:31 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: Horowitzian]
ChopinAddict Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Thanks, Mark.

You have to catch up now! laugh

Music is my best friend.

#1743407 - 08/30/11 06:43 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
Horowitzian Offline
8000 Post Club Member

Heh, I wish I had time to. smile

#1743491 - 08/30/11 09:32 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: ChopinAddict]
Mark_C Online   content

Thanks, Mark.

You have to catch up now! laugh

thumb

Heh, I wish I had time to. smile

Hope you're doing OK with what you're doing!

#1744210 - 09/01/11 12:06 AM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: Horowitzian]
Mark_C Online   content

....oh, we almost forgot....

WHAT AN AWESOME THREAD!!!!!!!!!!

ha

#1744544 - 09/01/11 02:10 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: Mark_C]
Horowitzian Offline
8000 Post Club Member

LOL!!!!

#1744552 - 09/01/11 02:31 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: Horowitzian]
Mark_C Online   content

LOL!!!!

Yeah, we miss that! Now all that happens is the thread gets locked. grin

#1744576 - 09/01/11 03:21 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: Mark_C]
Damon Offline
5000 Post Club Member

LOL!!!!

Yeah, we miss that! Now all that happens is the thread gets locked. grin

Plus, with Ed gone, so are the Star Trek pictures.

#1744600 - 09/01/11 04:11 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
Diane... Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Western Canada
I was always taught, that you get a "bar of soap" in the mouth if you miss use the English language! but . . . miss pogo sure had a "mouth" that could spit out some choice words! I certainly don't miss that! Not that I visit this forum much, but she seemed to love to celebrate with "booze" getting "hammered" after completing some concert or accomplishment! I would find buying booze rather pricyee!

Just think that if someone has to use "choice" words must be lacking a vocabulary! The english dictionary has some very impressive words that I think this generation is lacking! the word I hear girls this day and age using more and more is the "f" word! And it don't impress me much & really, I would hope it doesn't impress men much!

Just my thoughts!
Jazz/Blues/Rock/Boogie Piano Teacher

#1744607 - 09/01/11 04:18 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
izaldu Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc:
And of course , Phlebas.

Also, i don t think anyone here has taken half as much flack as Gyro. And i never saw him retaliate unpolitely.

#1744610 - 09/01/11 04:21 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: izaldu]
Mark_C Online   content

Originally Posted By: izaldu
And of course , Phlebas.

+1

Quote:
Also, i don t think anyone here has taken half as much flack as Gyro. And i never saw him retaliate unpolitely.

Yes, there were some bad things that he didn't do. grin

#1744611 - 09/01/11 04:22 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: Diane...]
Mark_C Online   content

Originally Posted By: Diane...
I was always taught, that you get a "bar of soap" in the mouth if you miss use the English language!....

They didn't teach you totally well! grin

(I know, I'm being picky.....) shocked

#1744613 - 09/01/11 04:30 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: Mark_C]
Diane... Offline
3000 Post Club Member

I was always taught, that you get a "bar of soap" in the mouth if you miss use the English language!....

They didn't teach you totally well! grin
(I know, I'm being picky.....) shocked

Opps, "misuse" . . . grin
Picky picky!

#1744615 - 09/01/11 04:32 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: Diane...]
Mark_C Online   content

Picky picky!

Good job!

(I mean, I think it's actually "Oops" but I suppose Opps is an alternate form.) ha

#1744618 - 09/01/11 04:34 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: Mark_C]
Diane... Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Picky picky!

Good job!

(I mean, I think it's actually "Oops" but I suppose Opps is an alternate form.) ha

u r rite! . . . grin

#1744619 - 09/01/11 04:35 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
Jeff Clef Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: San Jose, CA
Oh Diane, thank you! The bar-of-soap; I haven't about that 'cure' since I was a young child, and my grandmother used to administer it.

I'd think we'd be using up a lot more soap these days. And who knows, maybe some mouths would clean up.

In my Sunday school days, we had a whole lesson (and by the preacher in person, too!) that included the idea that the words we said did not matter so much as the thought or intention behind them. How we were thinking, or looking at things, was what we needed to clean up.

What a nice economy of technique. No preacher, no matter how learned, could have listed all the bad words we weren't supposed to say. And of course, so many new ones have been invented since.

My grandmother had more than bars of soap in her arsenal. She would not only take a switch to a naughty child, she would send us out to the privet hedge ourselves, to bring her one. Then we got our legs switched. A little sting, yes; nothing cruel or mean, or out-of-proportion to our little misdeeds. She was just crazy about her grandchildren, and loved us enough to correct us at an early stage. It is only these many years later that I've appreciated the strong protection which she wrapped around us.

I was never even a little mad at her for this. I knew love, even back then. She was definitely of the "love the sinner and hate the sin" school.

There are other expressions I haven't heard much since those days, which I miss. "I'll snatch you bald!" for example. (No; it was just a saying, no one ever did it.) They got a lot more mileage out of expressions like that, than young "ladies" do out of 'the f-word' today.

#1744645 - 09/01/11 05:10 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
Diane... Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Well Jeff, I'm a piano teacher & a sunday school teacher (Baptist . . hope I SPELT that right Mark C . . . grin )
and I'm pretty sure (could guarantee it) that parents would NOT put up with me using the "f" word! . . . in the presence of their children!

Right Mark C . . . ?

Just for the record, I can't even "think" saying the "f" word in my mind cause I'd have to get the soap out, & start rinsing! smile

#1744648 - 09/01/11 05:15 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: Jeff Clef]
Mark_C Online   content

Originally Posted By: Jeff Clef
Oh Diane, thank you! The bar-of-soap; I haven't about that 'cure' since I was a young child, and my grandmother used to administer it....

My mother was into that too. grin

For a while we had some kind of green soap in the house, in addition to the usual plain white Ivory, and so my mom would switch off. One time when she was going to administer the 'cure' but wasn't feeling too extreme about it, she asked me which kind I minded less. I said the white. She knew I was lying and so she gave me the white. ha

#1744695 - 09/01/11 06:06 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: izaldu]
Horowitzian Offline
8000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: izaldu
And of course , Phlebas.

[...]

+2

Really sad that he passed away. frown

#1744976 - 09/02/11 09:08 AM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: Mark_C]
the nosy ape Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Westford, MA
Originally Posted By: Jeff Clef
Oh Diane, thank you! The bar-of-soap; I haven't about that 'cure' since I was a young child, and my grandmother used to administer it....

My mother was into that too. grin

For a while we had some kind of green soap in the house, in addition to the usual plain white Ivory, and so my mom would switch off. One time when she was going to administer the 'cure' but wasn't feeling too extreme about it, she asked me which kind I minded less. I said the white. She knew I was lying and so she gave me the white. ha

What are your feelings about Lifebuoy?

#1745025 - 09/02/11 10:46 AM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: Diane...]
Pogorelich. Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Picky picky!

Good job!

u r rite! . . . grin

You criticize me for my choice of words, and yet you're obviously too lazy to type out "you are right"? What's "rite"? (of Spring, perhaps?)

I have an English minor, lady, and I've only been speaking English for 7 years. I think my vocabulary is just fine. And if I want to throw some 'delicate' words once in a while, I will. And if I want to have a drink or two after a recital, I freakin' will. I don't need people like you to tell me how to behave. Okay?

Damn, at least I'm good at what I do. I don't have to modify myself for whoever's liking.

One of the reasons I've discontinued participating in these forums as much as I used to.

[censored].

(couldn't help it, hehe)

Edited by Pogorelich. (09/02/11 10:50 AM)

'I want to invest my emotions only in music; it will never disappoint me or hurt me - it is a safe place to be.'

#1745030 - 09/02/11 10:52 AM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: Pogorelich.]
liszt85 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Yay, good for you Pogo! laugh
Next in line:
Debussy: Les sons et les parfums tournent dans l'air du soir (Prelude 4, Book 1)

#1745033 - 09/02/11 10:56 AM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: liszt85]
liszt85 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Btw Diane, your English is terrible. I'm not a native speaker but I'm sure I can write (and possibly speak) better English than you. So do stop to think for a bit before you start accusing people of "misssss"using English or whatever. As for the rest of what you said about Pogo, she has given you a sufficient response, so I'll stop at that.
Next in line:

#1745036 - 09/02/11 11:00 AM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: Diane...]
Pogorelich. Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Well Jeff, I'm a piano teacher & a sunday school teacher (Baptist . . hope I SPELT that right Mark C . . . grin )
and I'm pretty sure (could guarantee it) that parents would NOT put up with me using the "f" word! . . . in the presence of their children!

Sweet Jesus, do you really think I swear all the time?

There is a time and place. I only do it when it's appropriate - like hanging out with close friends, or, I don't know - when I'm trying to prove a [censored] point, perhaps.

Oh, you know what - I shouldn't even be explaining myself to you.

#1745038 - 09/02/11 11:01 AM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: Pogorelich.]
liszt85 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Pogorelich.

Oh, you know what - I shouldn't even be explaining myself to you.

thumb Exactly!!
Next in line:

#1751408 - 09/12/11 03:33 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: Piano*Dad]
bluebilly Offline

Loc: England
Whilst on the subject of missing people, what happened to Betty Patnude?

#1751511 - 09/12/11 06:28 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: bluebilly]
currawong Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: bluebilly
I think she decided to concentrate on communicating with a group of teachers on Facebook.

#1751577 - 09/12/11 09:21 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: currawong]
argerichfan Offline
8000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: currawong
Originally Posted By: bluebilly
I think she decided to concentrate on communicating with a group of teachers on Facebook.

I remember Betty. I kinda liked her.

Haven't seen Andromaque around in while... hope the hiatus is temporary.

#1751580 - 09/12/11 09:27 PM Re: OT: I miss Pogorelich, Nyiregyhazi, keyboardklutz [Re: jazzyprof]
Orange Soda King Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Louisville, Kentucky, United S...
I was going to say that I miss Brendan, but he has been posting some recently. smile

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Brendan, Kreisler 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
68 registered (bennevis, Atrys, Akshay, 19 invisible), 1052 Guests and 44 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74250 Members
42 Forums
153598 Topics
2251176 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Easter Themed Recordings - Kawai CA95
by wolferblade
56 minutes 14 seconds ago
First recordings - Some music for Easter
by wolferblade
Today at 01:01 AM
Recorded a song on my workstation tonight
by Arizona Sage
Today at 12:04 AM
How to tune a piano.....
by Grandpianoman
Yesterday at 11:46 PM
Need help with upgrading(?) Roland digital
by Pathbreaker
Yesterday at 10:23 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission