2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
47 members (Cheeeeee, CharlesXX, Aleks_MG, accordeur, brdwyguy, Carey, AlkansBookcase, 20/20 Vision, Charles Cohen, 6 invisible), 2,096 guests, and 341 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 132 of 136 1 2 130 131 132 133 134 135 136
Jay Offline
yeah... shock wave... i tot keller pianos (robert's father) started the steinway in singapore and later robert (son) took over the agency. not mistaken steinway pianos in singapore was doing not bad and knowing steinway doesnt change distributor often.... wonder what happened...

W
WCH Offline
W
Clips of the opening ceremony of Steinway Gallery are in YOuTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JilwA85JgSc Enjoy the performance

Last edited by WCH; 07/19/11 06:17 AM.
F
F
Hi
I am also looking around for second hand piano.
Was quoted $5k for a Kawai OP-32 model about 24 yr old. Anyone heard about this model? I searched the net but cannot find any information about this model.

Any comments?

L
L
Hi,
Please feel free to visit www.pianomalaysia.com. There are quite a number of recon pianos (uprights & grands) for sale. Mainly Kawai & Yamaha brands. No problem exporting to Singapore.

R
R
Hi!

This is the first post that I wrote. I had read some of the post but still having the same problem which faced by some.

I wanted to buy a new piano for my daughter and currently I had narrowed down to Kawai K3 or K5. Initially, I'm thinking of U1 Yamaha but the sound is brighter than Kawai. I have a few questions to ask and hope to hear some advices.

1) Is K3 enough for a beginner? I don't intend to change piano so hope that it can last her till Diploma level.
2) I had heard the sound of K5 which I prefer it than K3 but is it worth to spend 1k plus for it?
3) Any other brands which is as good or better than Kawai K5 worth to consider? I had heard of Bohemia, 'Petro' and Seuter. How are these compare to Kawai K5?
4) Where can I find those dealers for other brands in Singapore?
5) When is the best time to buy from Kawai or other brands? When will normally Kawai or other brands have promotion sales?

Hope to hear answers from the experts or experience people. Thanks in advance!

T
T
Dear all, i hope to have some advice from all of the experts here. I was quoted US 4000 (Ard SGD 4200) for a Yamaha X series that is approx 35 yrs old (according to the serial number)
The condition is good, touch is good, just that at the side there is metal pole? where the end of the pole is a bit rusty.
Should i go ahead with this, the so called upright grand or get a cheaper HL125 or even a Perzina?

Thanks so much

F
F
Ray

a. The K3 is enough for a beginner. The K5 is nicer to the touch though (less slippery keys) wink Whether a student gets to a Diploma level depends more on the student's attitude than the piano he/she is using. (Plenty of diploma students only have a U1 or K3, though they would get to practice on their teacher's grand frequently enough to get used to the touch.) However, a nicer piano would obviously allow for more sensitivity in touch and tone.

b. Bohemia, Petrof are also nice pianos. Sauter is a significant step up. I understand you also tried the Wilh Steinberg, which has a very very nice action. You may also want to try Seiler (at Cristofori).

c. Gramercy (Bohemia), Pianomaster (Hailun, Petrof, Grotrian), Cristofori (Bechstein, Seiler), Robert (Kawai, Bluthner), and of course Yamaha are good places to look. Asia Piano and Emmanuel and Sons are also good places to look for second hand ones. Promo sales happen in June and End of the year, though major holidays will have some sales too.

Tabomama

d. On warranties, it really depends who you are buying from and how comfortable you are with them. Also, it really depeneds on the condition of the piano you are buying, which there's no way of ascertaining on the internet. A new piano comes with a factory warranty though.

In progress

Beethoven: Op 109, Op 110
T
T
I bought from Jesley...any reviews about this place?

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
you've made a good choice ! laugh cheers

Hailun dealer in Johor Bahru base in Ulu Tiram
Genio Silent system installer
Piano Tuner tech +65 90228720 Singapore & JB 012 7702587
R
R
Hi!

I had shortlisted some pianos but like to listen to your advice.

What is your opinion on these piano and after sales-service from the shop?
1) Bohemia piano (model:132 Concerto) - Gramercy
2) Petrof (model: P125) - Piano Master
3) W.Hoffmann (model: T128) - Cristofori
4) Whil.Steinberg (model: AC23) - Chiu Piano

Thanks!

R
R
Are we allowed to post piano for sale here? If not pm me for info. Upright Hailun.

P
P
Hi everyone,

I register myself after having read all your information hoping that I can benefit from all of you with so much knowledge about pianos.

I am planning to buy one for my kid who is diagnosed with ADHD. In short, she is super duper hyper in lay men's term. However, nothing interests her except music. The school teachers seems to have already given up on her cos they never managed to get her attention in class after so many years but the piano is the only thing that can control her actions. Plus her piano teacher told me that she is very good and picking up faster than many other kids that started the same time. So I would like her to develop herself from here if this is her passion, I want to help her develop further.

She started piano lessons 1 to 1 at her teacher's home 45 mins per week. Meaning she only touches a piano once a week. I hope to buy one so that she can practise more often. Being someone that knows nuts about piano don't make this task any easier. I hope to get a good enough piano for her but can't really afford a brand new.

My friend just bought one from Parkway Parade for 2k and it was a Korean brand. Sounds pretty good and looks good too. So I'll set my budget for 2k so at least it won't burn a whole in my pocket. I have 4 kids and also a single mom so I can't really dump everything into a piano but to spread out little by little to ensure all my kids have the essentials to develop their gifts.

Please advise me, with this little budget I have, where can I get a piano for my 8 yr old. She loves music and dance and is the only thing that can make her listen.

I read that there's a lot of brands from different makers or countries and even different height, sound, base, etc etc etc. All sounds too technical for me so perhaps one of you can tell me in simple terms what I should get for a 8 yr old that will be good enough to stay with her till she completes say grade 5-8. Not sure if this makes sense and if not let me know. She probably don't have any grades now since she started about 5-6 mths ago. Maybe I'm wrong, not sure.

I'm planning to shop around after work this Thursday plus Saturday so please let me know where is the one place that I can find many different piano shops so that with 1 trip I can visit a few and another trip with another few shops cos I don't drive either so have to leverage on their locations.

Sorry for the inconvenience cause if this is too much to ask and hope to get some really good advice soon.

Regards

Jenn

Last edited by Physcentials; 11/08/11 01:54 PM.
P
P

Last edited by Physcentials; 11/08/11 08:32 PM.
J
J
Hi all,

Has anybody been to the newly opened Steinway Galleries at Orchard? What are the price range like? Are the staff friendly?

T
T
jjc12345: I heartily recommend the Steinway Gallery. Celine is very friendly. Price-wise, I don't know what your expectations are but (for example) I believe a Model B will be closer to 200k than 150k. If you're serious about acquiring a Steinway, then don't bother seeking views on the forum: just head over there.

B
B
Hi everyone ...

I get my piano tuned every year around November/December since I have more time to play it and I realized the piano is out of tune. Since I switched the piano tuner from the normal one to others a few years ago , they always asked me whether I'd like to upgrade the piano. At first, I just thought to myself, this piano is still less than 10 years old. However having heard the same comments for the past three years, it is really a great temptation to upgrade especially when the Piano Book by Larry Fine for Spring/Summer had been published recently.

One brand that I'm interested to know more is Schulze Pollmann (SP). I called Music Galeria at Thomson road whether they have this brand. Unfortunately, they didn't sell it anymore. I remember they used to have good brand including Pleyel.

So I'm just wandering has anyone play SP before especially the new ones, especially the upright model, P126? I've been reading the old thread about SP for the past few days, I noticed one thing that concerns me is the touch - it is a bit stiff to some. I'm not sure if the new model with Renner action had solve this issue. Does have any experience to share?

Thanks.

T
T
Hi all,

Great to see so many piano enthusiasts around here smile

Glad I found this thread where most of us here are from Singapore.

I understand that having your piano prepped by a master technician can make a whole lot of difference in how well your piano can sound and play.

Does anybody know of any brilliant piano tech here in SG who can do a really stellar job at piano regulation and voicing etc?

Hope to hear from you all soon. Thanks in advance! smile

@thepianokid27,

Check out Mr Tay from Pristine Piano. There's a website.

Also heard of Mr Kwan (from Emmanuel & Sons).

Nepotism: We promote family values here - almost as often as we promote family members.
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
I understand that having your piano prepped by a master technician can make a whole lot of difference in how well your piano can sound and play.

Master technician?

Must be a new species...

I know only those who do their job right - and those who don't.

Norbert

Originally Posted by Jay
last week i was at robert pianos, shock to find that he is no longer the steinway agent in singapore, who taken over?

Shocked or relieved?

I'm shocked the SKs are under the care of a master technician who's invisible.

Nepotism: We promote family values here - almost as often as we promote family members.
Page 132 of 136 1 2 130 131 132 133 134 135 136

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,293
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission