2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
73 members (Carey, 20/20 Vision, AlkansBookcase, bcalvanese, 36251, brdwyguy, amc252, akse0435, 13 invisible), 2,110 guests, and 299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 76 of 370 1 2 74 75 76 77 78 369 370
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Evening all, well finished my two lady gaga songs today smile

Next I'm gonna have a go at this............

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

That is wonderful news about Leonard Cohen's award in Spain, Recaredo. He is so deserving!

Since I have to work part of today, I'm not sure I'll be posting. I'm hoping to get time for a few. However, I will definitely do my Sunday classical postings!

Enjoy the rest of your Saturday everyone!

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Hi Wayne! We must have posted at the same time. I'm glad the work on the two Lady Gaga songs are done. Cheers!

I'll look forward to hearing your post a little later. Right now, I'm off to work for a short project!

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Afternoon everyone! My project is done, and I have time to do a few postings today. I've been wanting to hear some Andean music, and my favorite Andean group, Rumillajta. I learned that the group disbanded in 2001. However, they leave a treasure trove of great music.

Here is "LEÑO VERDE."

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

This will be my last post for today. Here is one more by Rumillajta, "Machu Picchu." Enjoy!

Carl

C

Silver Supporter until Dec 28 2012

Silver Supporter until Dec 28 2012
C
Thanks griffin, fantastic music you posted here. I have listened to Andean music for many years, and play a little myself. Rostosky posted the finest piece of Andean music I have ever heard a while ago, Flight of the Condor. There is no info on Youtube about the group, and I would like very much to have more of that music, if anyone has some info.
Rumillajta is one of the finest groups I have heard, and I see there are more videos on Youtube,

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Cubop, I am pleased that you enjoyed the music of Rumillajta. I had the pleasure of hearing them live in a concert here in the 1990s. I loved everything they performed. I've purchased some of their CDs.

Rumillajta (pronounced roo-me-yach-ta) is a Bolivian musical quintet that played at festivals on three continents, according to Wikipedia. They formed in 1980 and became one of the most important progenitors of Andean music. The name means "city of stone" in Quechua. Their music concerns folk themes and nature as well as more political themes like coca, foreign exploitation and indigenous rights. Rumillajta apparently ceased to exist in 2001 after the release of their last CD, Pachakuti.

One additional thing I learned at the concert I attended was that the group also specialized in guitar making.

I remember when Rossy posted Flight of the Condor. That's when we discovered we had a mutual interest in Andean music. It's so nice to find you share this interest! smile

Last edited by griffin2417; 09/24/11 08:18 PM.

Carl

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Whoa!
Watch this straight through to the end, I promise you won't regret it grin
(Ladies, you might want to sit down for this one)

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Great posts guys, you all know I love Andean music.. thanks so much beautifull.

I was not going to mention anything about the sadness of Christopher walken at all, in fact I had almost forgotten about his ill advised vocally challenged exploits.
I have been extremely busy and didn't realy have enough time to donate any in Christophers direction.

And then Two things happened almost simultaneously: the first of which was a programme on ABC, First off though this is not THe USA televison,,,

This is Albania broadcasting company, Try and think of it like the BBC , The Albanians do, they love it.

So Albanian radio was playing in the background the other day, whilst Rossy was busy.. Imagine my surprise when they did a review of Christopher walkens singing....

The folks at the ABC just love him, they said his singing invoked visions of angelic hosts, and heaven itself must have sent him. In fact they went as far as saying "when Chris sings we can see he is laying his soul bare"

I was of course extremely surprised, as I believed Albania had moved forward artistically, I was under the impression that they had now heard of electric guitars and sanitation,and had aquired the knowledge of penicillin.

The second thing that happened simultaneously was that MrsR wanted to have a look at the latest christopher walken video on this post...

MrsR has quite good taste, she loves Tom waites and likes Johnny depp, for his good looks and also his uncanny knack of portaying odd characters.conversly she doesn't like Tom cruise because he is 4ft 6 and cannot take a joke.

What she doesnt like ever is when guys leave there socks or shoes on, especially when they are wearing old fashioned mansuspenders for their socks, this she absolutely hates and sometimes it makes her get heartburn or scoriasis.

I must admit that even the squeezing of lady-bumps as done by christopher in the video, did not distract me from his inability to sing, as so obviously intended.
Usually I am totally distracted by said happy puppies.
To obtain a sound like a 1930's singer singing through a megaphone, requires a megaphone or cupped hands or in christophers case, somebody else in a studio doing it for him.
Which adds to the sadness that Albania has yet to recognise.

Like I said, I havent had to much time on my hands lately especially for whining about chris, but I did find a man on google whom I contacted....

His english is excellent for an Albanian, and also he is relatively rich for an Albanian, his income he states as being big enough to support two wives, six daughters three of whom are married with four offspring each, a smallholding with an annual yield of 11 goats (on average precluding bad winters) 2 tons of parsnips, 3 tons of beetroot and a small but dangerous vodka still producing dubious but extremely toxic alcohol which sells for the equivilent of 50cents a pint.

Now he is willing (according to his blog "Make chris come to Albania" to pay to hear chris sing, with vodka and goats.

The saying in Albania is "beggers cannot be choosers of work permits"
So my advice to chris would be to go to Albania, while the offer is still open.

Especially so , as I have no outward bound plans in the direction of Albania in the pipeline personally.

Try and tap dance to this for an hour chris, then see how much the Albanians love you then,,,,,

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
How did the session go with "the lad"?

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
AH, well I learnt quite a few things, but mostly, that I need to learn a lot more!!
especially in the compression and sidechain department... like when to and when not to, but more importantly the reasoning behind it.
One of the hardest things to do in a music prgramme is to construct something that is slightly "off kilter" say like if you speed up or slow down any for effect or feeling.
Its easy to make things in perfect timing like a robot or like clockwork, this is probably why a lot of music done with music programmes sounds so stiff....
I often go off kilter, and my lad ("techno rossy" and Dj "man verses sofa") obviously with his music (dubstep) works in strict quantisised time, for the clubs.

But, progress is being made albeit slowly... he did say one thing "good riff" which I was pleased about!!

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Sorry, this is what young rossy does, he is "man VS sofa" forgot to mention... google will bring up more info....His Roachme.com website is down at the mo, he forgot to pay the yearly charge, just an oversight, forgetfullness....
anyways we may not understand it, but this is apparently dubstep, and loads of work goes into it...

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Even little progress is a goood thing, I always think "oh that's easy" then when push comes to shove, is it 'eck, there's always something you didn't account for, at least you realised the complications and are on your way to solving 'em! I wish you the best of luck!

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Ah cheers wayne, my work at the moment is I have the piano all done and dusted, and a few other things have been added, the complex bit is getting it so nothing is foggy or murky, in other words, so nothing clouds or obscures anything else..this is the mystery of mysteriousness for me!!
I just want an end result to soon!!

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Good evening folks! I hope all is going well. I've been tardy with getting my Sunday classical postings done today. Me and the other half are trying to get furniture moved around in the room we just remodeled. It always takes longer than you think it will! Just like all of us with working on our music! grin

I'll be back in just a few minutes with my classical posts. I must do it now before I'm called to help haul around some other furniture pieces!

Carl

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Being impatient is me all over Rossy, Your lads vids on YT aren't bad by the way!

Griffin, pretend to sprain your ankle, that should put you off duty!

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Hi Everyone! My first classical Sunday post will be a three-part suite by English composer, Ralph Vaughan Williams, "English Folk Song Suite."

Written in 1923, the English Folk Song Suite is one of Williams's most famous works for military band. The suite consists of three movements: March, Intermezzo and another March, all of which are subtitled with English folk song names. The first march is based upon Seventeen Come Sunday, the Intermezzo upon My Bonny Boy and the final movement on Folk Songs from Somerset.
The suite was originally composed as a four-movement suite, including Sea Songs as the second movement. Its world premiere was given at Kneller Hall on July 4, 1923

This performance is by the London Symphony Orchestra under the direction of Adrian Boult.

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by wayne32yrs
Being impatient is me all over Rossy, Your lads vids on YT aren't bad by the way!

Griffin, pretend to sprain your ankle, that should put you off duty!

Aha! You've done this before Wayne! laugh I think I will save that one for when I don't want to practice piano either. That's a keeper though!

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

My second posting was inspired by an earlier post of Recaredo who posted a beautiful piece composed by Anton Dvorak. I've always loved his "New World Symphony."

Since I may be called back to furniture moving duty at any time, I will simply post the First movement, which is my favorite. It is performed by the Dublin Philharmonic under the direction of Derek Gleeson.

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

I haven't been called back to furniture moving! I still have time for one more post. I leave you with the Parker String Quartet performing Sting Quartet #1, first movement by Romanian born composer, Gyorgi Ligeti.

Carl

Page 76 of 370 1 2 74 75 76 77 78 369 370

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission