2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
53 members (Chris B, Cheeeeee, Carey, CharlesXX, Aleks_MG, accordeur, brdwyguy, 10 invisible), 2,009 guests, and 333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 77 of 370 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 369 370

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

That's it for me. I'll be checking in shortly. I've just been called back to furniture moving activities! Later!

Carl

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Fantastic posts Griffin! I loved the “English Folk Song Suite”. I didn’t know it. Marvellous music, and the version is really good. Adrian Boult was indeed a great conductor.

Thanks for the new video from the Parker String Quartet. They are ever welcome!

About Dvorak, we had to post more about his music. He’s one of my favourite composers. Here we have the first dance from the collection called “Legends”. Although these pieces are less known than the "Slavonic Dances", they are also really beautiful.

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Good morning Recaredo. I truly enjoyed your post. I had not heard it before. I'd love to hear more Dvorak. That's another example of why I love this thread. I'll be back shortly with some pop tunes.

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Good morning everyone! I survived the furniture moving yesterday without any muscle soreness! I woke this morning wanting to hear some Billy Ocean tunes. My first post is "When the Going Gets Tough, The Tough Get Going."

Carl

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Rostosky
Talking of Orf with his head.

The Royal Ballet has done it's version of Alice in wonderland which of course features The Queen of hearts (off with her head)
This is the first Totally new production in twenty years, and is destined for great success, if you haven't seen it , you should.

It has some extremelt funny moments in it and Zenaida Yanowsky who plays the Queen of hearts is extremely talented, and very very funny. Check out this clip.

Thanks for the clip, I'd love to see this ballet. smile

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Keep your dancing shoes on for "Nights."

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

This will probably be my last post for what promises to be a busy day! Here is "Suddenly."

Have a great day everyone!

Carl

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Wow hya dudes and dudettes...!!! Musdan just brought up a video from the very beginings of this thread!! Thats dedicated thread reading !!!
Well done Musdan!!!
I remember when I was just a lad, a mere nipper, and I had just started this thread and was unsure of it's direction, well after two world wars and many global catastrophic events here we are, and hasn't the world changed in the meantime?

Gone are the good old days of being able to push pensioners out of the way to get the best seat on a bus, gone are the days of whipping children when they aren't working hard enough, or dont have enough jobs to bring in extra cash.

Its such a strange almost unrecognisable world now, and everything is wrapped up in so much Political corectness beurocracy, that I cannot even have a ciggerette in the mother and baby changing rooms in Asda anymore without someone doing a "false cough"

A "false cough" is what none smokers do when they see a smoker at 56 yards.

This is an annoying trait, I was stood at the bus stop the other day and this lady who was allready there, breathing in the belching diesal fumes of passing lorries with no apparent problem, suddenly starts the "false cough" when she sees me lighting one up.... and it was windy, the wind was blowing the smoke in the opposite direction.... grrrr.

I will go away and have a good think about my next music post....

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
And here it is, I think I have found something both classical and unusual at the same time...
check this out....

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

A

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013
500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
A
Hey everybody. Great posts! Sorry I've been absent - been a little under the weather with some sinus thing that everyone at work seemed compelled to share with me. It's sad, as my cough sounds like a true smoker's cough and I was accused of smoking again. Oh, how I miss it! I think if I'm still around in my 70's-80's I'll start back up.

This was in my head yesterday:

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Hya AimeeO, I do hope you get better soon, maybe smoking would help, it helps Wayne and I, and mrs R. Actually if you are going to get accused of doing it anyway, then you may as well. Mrs R says "why deprive yourself of lifes little pleasures,especially when there are far more dangerous things in the world than smoking"

I tried to give up smoking once when I was eating my lunch, but failed miserably, the food just didnt taste right without a ciggerette.

Also, I have a couple of issues with the government in the UK...here are Rossys issues:
1st issue, My mam went to Belgium (dont ask why, it was just a holiday and nothing to do with poirot) when she was there she got me a load of Golden virginia tobacco at the cost of £1.78 for two ounces. she got ten packs, total cost = £17.80

here in the UK it costs (wait for it) £14.00 for two ounces, therefore for ten packs £140 pounds.

Obviously, they are not giving it away in Belgium, they are still making a profit.

So, our government is taking £12.22 PER PACK in tax. so for 10 packs they are taking £122.20.....

They have taken this amount of tax since time immemorable, in other words they have acted like the pimps of the tobacco companies, taking the lions share....

Then, they have the gaul to pass laws making it difficult to smoke and in some cases illegal, all over the place, this has put pubs out of business and closed down all sorts of establishments.

But, one place where you can still have a ciggerette or cigar with a pint?

The house of commons bar..

This in itself is a good enough reason to resist.

The other reason, is my grandfather gave his life in the war on a merchant vessal, like many, many thousands did, he rescued ten men out of a minefield in the north sea one night, sailing his trawler into the minefield in the dead of night, after another ship had strayed off course,and hit a mine and sank in minutes, leaving men in the freezing water, some clinging on to live mines.
He answered that mayday and rescued ten souls from certain death..
One of the first things that happened when the rescued men were brought on board his trawler after being dried off, was they were given hot soup, food and ciggerettes.

Unlike the Royal navy, this all came out of the trawlermens own pockets, not that they resented it of course..

For those that do not know what a "mary tin" is... It was a tin containing tobacco and a pipe and ciggerettes sent on behalf of Princess mary to the troops in the trenches in WW1.

A man called Rowland berkeley, wondered about any men that didnt smoke, so he took it to a committee. The committee decided that any men who did not smoke should be regarded as "a special group" and that in their mary tin, they should get some acid tablets, and pencil paper and envelopes instead.

The point here is that all those men gave their lives defending what they believed was our way of life, democracy and freedom...
Nobody would have tried to tell those men they couldnt or shouldnt be smoking,it was their right and their choice.

This also brings up my reasons why I will never carry any identity papers or cards our government decides to introduce, my grandfather gave his life so that we would not ever be put in a position to "show ze papers" in peacetime. To do so, for me, would be to betray his sacrifice.

It is worthy of note that when it comes to smoking, both royalty and government will both do what suits their objectives regardless of any perceived health issues.

Todays rant over.

anyways go here and click on your country where you live...live streaming of floyd!!!! from Pink floyds official channel.... wow..

Last edited by Rostosky; 09/27/11 07:28 AM.

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Rostosky
And here it is, I think I have found something both classical and unusual at the same time...
check this out....

Amazing! I loved it. Thanks Rossy!

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Hi Aimee. Sorry you've been under the weather. Hope you feel better soon. One piece of unsolicited advice from a former smoker, however. Don't even think of a future cigarette! I tried that hundreds of times before I finally understood I couldn't do that.

Also, thanks for the Donald Fagen post. I like his music too, and have a few of his albums. Right now I can only think of rain because that's what is happening here. Since I only have time for one post, here is B.J. Thomas singing "Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head."

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=xbYWkegobTU[/video]

Have a nice Tuesday!

Carl

A

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
A
Don't worry Griffin - I quit 2.5 years ago. I'm not going to do it. But I've been extremely honest with myself since quitting, and I know I miss it. I'm really too cheap to go back, anyway. I look at how much they've gone up in price since I quit and I think it's crazy.

In honor of the 20th anniversary of Nirvana's Nevermind being released, here's Lithium. I remember when this album came out, I had one of those "I need more of THIS" moments. I can't believe its been 20 years!

A

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
A
Here's Lou Reed working with Metallica. I thought I'd share since several of us like Lou Reed. I don't know if I like it. Lou's voice sounds great though.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Griffin, (lol) are you sure you are allowed to say "BJ thomas"
on the pw forums? I wasn't quite sure what that may mean in The uSA..
Anyways aimeeO griffin is totally correct, you must not think of how relaxing that next ciggerette will be, you must not close your eyes and think of that super dizzy first inhale at all. What you must certainly not do is imagine how naughty it will make you feel, how subversively equisite the intoxicating aroma of relapsing will be.

Never imagine having a cool beer with a ciggy, instead of twiddling ones fingers nervously whilst entertaining thoughts of something being missing.

Rossy: here to guide you in your hour of need.

A

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
A
Here's "Pale Blue Eyes" to erase the memory of Lou Reed working with Metallica. I like how you can hear the whine of the tape turning. You can hear it throughout the album.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
we posted at the exact same time AimeeO sorry...

A

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
A
Rossy, the worst is thinking how magically 15 pounds would disappear. I was probably too skinny before, and could have used 5 pounds, but not the other 10.

A

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
A
Not a problem!

Page 77 of 370 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 369 370

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,302
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission