2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
21 members (cmoody31, dh371, Fried Chicken, 20/20 Vision, AlkansBookcase, admodios, clothearednincompo, crab89, 5 invisible), 1,234 guests, and 304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 80 of 370 1 2 78 79 80 81 82 369 370
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Thanks Griffin, excellent posts as usual, I think I have also seen some footage of Grace slick intensly watching other acts , I think that was woodstock though....

Its good for your body, its good for your soul, it's the golden age of rock n roll.....

said Mott the hoople.... enjoy your day , I will be back later...

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
This year, The Three Kings gave me the box set of all Mozart’s operas, recorded and filmed in the Salzburg Festival 2006. All of them are sung by amazing singers and played by great orchestras and conductors. Musically, the collection is really impressive. The stage productions are very original, as usual in Salzburg, although not always originality and talent walked together in that edition.

But in this collection there are some real gems about the less known operas by Mozart. Here we can listen to a couple of arias from the first act of The Shepherd King.

I really love this performance and I wanted to share it.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Good evening Recaredo, I take it you mean you got them for a christmas present?

Unless the second coming has happened, without me realising, and you are the new messiah, and actually did get visited by three kings, in which case forgive me... Excellent Music , you are lucky to have such a collection.

I got a couple of ounces of golden virginia tobacco off my lad, a cheque for £25.00 off my mam, and nothing off my dad, mainly because I forgot his birthday, and he is a "conditional giver" Also, I got two free mince pies down at the garage, because no one else had been eating them off the plate on the counter, mainly because they didnt know for certain how long they had been there.

If the three kings had come to me , I would have said "Please can I have Gold (because its really worth having these days and will be excellent currency should the apocolypse happen in our lifetime)

And frankenstein, because he would be handy to have around and would probably be good at lifting heavy objects, also, If I went out for a night out with frankensteins Victor.., the ladies would look at me mostly because he is all sewn up carelessly really.

And Grrr, Grrr is better for me than Myrrh, I would use the Grhh on my dad, like this:
I would write him a late birthday card and put the Grrr in it, so when he opened it the Grr came out at him unexpectedly.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Indeed Rossy, it was a Christmas present. The Three Kings are very popular in Spain. They give gifts to everybody. But previously, one has to write a letter to them, explaining how good you have been throughout the year, and of course, what presents you want. Over here, it works very well. You should write the letter this year, who knows?.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
1st Oct 20011
Mr and Mrs R. Ostosky,
The Boring village,
Nr Carmarthen,
Wales UK.

Dear Three Kings,

I am writing to you on the recomendation of an extremely satisfied former client of yours known to me only as "The cool Spanish dude Recaredo"
I feel confident you will remember who he is, as you provided a very nice box collection of Mozarts operas for him last December, and not a cheapo box set either, but a really good set filmed in Salzburg 2006.

I would just like to mention that I have been extremely well behaved this year and had nothing to do with stalking milla jovovich anyway. It was obviously somebody else who threw the egg at a council official. I believe they were approximately the same build as me, and also it was too dark for anyone to positively identify me with a balaclava on.

I helped an old lady a week ago, she did not have enough change for her bus fare and had lost her pass, I gave her 16p in change and said I didn't want it back, even though I did really.

I haven't cheated on my recycling except for putting two jars of fat in the "non-recyclable waste bag" this is because I hate pouring it down the sink, as it just makes trouble in the future, It congeales in winter when it is cold.
I dont like pouring it down the toilet either as that is not aesthetically pleasing, and wastes gallons of water multi-flushing.

Nobody has informed either myself or Mrs R what we are meant to do with jars of waste cooking oil.

I havent shouted at any neighbours this year except for the man who cut a cherry tree down for no good reason, his reason was not really a reason, and I only shouted because he had temporary hearing loss due to the chainsaws lack of baffles in its exhaust system.

I did not let it escalate to scratching his car when I walked past with the zips on my leather jacket, just because he had parked on the footpath again,that was co-incidental.

In defence of the plan I conceived to revive the "village idiot of the year" competition in our locality, I must stress that this Idea was not mine nor was it a new one.
In the county archives there is much information on this annual event that was held untill 1784 with only sixteen fatalities over its entire 228 year history.

The categories of "village idiot" "village cretin" "village retard" "village inadequate" and "village moron" were allready established , as the records clearly show, I did not invent them, I merely nominated the man with the chainsaw who cut down the cherry tree for the category of "overall F***wit"

I hope you agree that I have been very well behaved (under quite extreme circumstances) and would now like to mention the small detail of re-imbursement in the way of presents.

Firstly I would like a collard and collard Grand piano circa 1900's like the one that resides in the local museum, its excellant and I would like to own either it, or, a remarkably similar one, and not get fobbed off with a Cheap US import of another brand.

I would also like a servant who is a professional tuner, he can live in the cupboard under the stairs, but i will have to tidy it out a bit first, also he will have to share the cupboard under the stairs with the hoover and some half full tins of paint, and maybe a dwarf who used to be my imaginary friend untill he got much too real.

I would like also to have the present of a maid who will do things that I find difficult like washing up and cleaning things in the house that need doing really but not today again.

Thank you in advance three kings, I look forward to your visit with the things I asked for politely.

Rossy..

Recaredo, could you cast your eyes over my letter to make sure I did it correctly as you suggested please?
Thanks.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Disclaimer: Once you see this, it can't be unseen.

[Linked Image]

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Rossy, your letter is fine. The Three Kings will be happy, when they see that you have been so well behaved. But I’m not sure if they can carry a grand piano…

PPP, that was really a scary video!

This morning I’ve listened to this song and I liked it. It’s nice for a Saturday morning.

Originally Posted by Recaredo
The Three Kings will be happy, when they see that you have been so well behaved. But I’m not sure if they can carry a grand piano…

They sure can, didn't you know that's exactly why there were three of them?

Learning since July 2011
Piano recordings: http://www.youtube.com/user/guciekpiano
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
I just woke up after a strange dream, I was in a flat in London and everyone I knew that Had lived there before had left, with no clue as to where they had gone. There was graffitti all over the inside of the flat.,not just any graffitti, but tons and tons of very small writing. The only other thing in the flat was a bed base without a mattress.
I had to try and make it habitable without even any money for paint.

It was quite depressing. Now that I am awake, I feel in a position to reveal PPP's true identity: PPP is Christopher Walken.

There is no other explanation that fits the evidence.

Here is an odd factoid: Before whitley strieber wrote communion in 1987, peoples accounts of aliens had the aliens looking like all sorts of different things...

after the book, nearly everyones account had the aliens looking like the "grays" described in the book.. what we now mostly all know as the classic gray alien with big lamp like eyes.

Hmmmm.

Which brings me onto this fine song from down under

Icehouse, I dont believe anymore...

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
oooh wasn't that good? well dudes and dudettes, I have to go off to do domestic drudgery stuff today,,, but first, enjoy this..

More icehouse and the fantastic "no promises"

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Saturday night humour....
Dudes and dudettes, i am happy to report that the domestic chore has now been accomplished, I finally emptied the kitchen bin, and it certainly wasn't easy. I am sure a maid would be more adept at this task than I am, and will have to get one or two to assist round the house....

Here is the Humour , if you havn't seen this before, I am sure you will love it, Young Rossy came round today and this video is courtesy of him.

enjoy and laugh away....

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Rossy, I like! Very amusing!

Sorry for my absence, will be back guys, just got stuff on. smile

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Good morning everyone! Wayne, I was absent yesterday with lots of domestic chores. I enjoyed everyone's posts, however.

Rossy, I really enjoyed Icehouse. I also got quite a chuckle with the sexy sax man video. Funny stuff!

PPP, I see some of your postings have become specialized! laugh

Recaredo, great postings. How lucky you are to receive such a wonderful gift of Mozart! It has inspired me to present some Mozart in my Sunday classical music postings. I'll be back with those very shortly.

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Good morning! It's time for my Sunday Classical postings! I so enjoy this time of the week.

Recaredo and Trapper John have some informal inspiration for some of my postings today. Recaredo's recent Mozart postings, and Trap's thread on the music of Mozart inspired me to think of both Mozarts.

My first post is a salute to trumpet virtuoso Wynton Marsalis. His work in both the jazz and classical genres have brought him critical acclaim. This month he turns 50 (Oct. 18), and there will be several celebrations to pay tribute to this gifted musician, composer, conductor, and educator. Tonight he will be performing here in Minneapolis at Orchestra Hall, along with his Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra.

Here is his performance of Trumpet in D Major by Leopold Mozart. His performance is with the English Chamber Orchestra under the direction of Raymond Leppard.

Happy Birthday Wynton!

Last edited by griffin2417; 10/02/11 11:22 AM.

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

My second post is "Andantino PC KV 449" by Wolfgang A. Mozart. I do not have any information from the original poster on You Tube about the musicians involved in this beautiful selection. Normally, I wouldn't present unless I had this basic information. However, it so beautiful I couldn't resist sharing it with you. Thanks Trap for suggesting this!

PS: If anyone has any information about the performers in this performance, please let us know!

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

My final classical post today is a choral piece, "Agnus Dei" by American composer Samuel Barber.

It was originally a music piece for strings named ‘Adagio for Strings’ composed by Barber (1910-1981) in 1936 as a part of his String Quartet No.1, Op.11. Later on, he transcribed it into an 8-part choir piece in 1967, as a setting for 'Agnus Dei'. This is perhaps the most famous song that Barber had ever composed in his life.

This performance is by The Choir of New College, Oxford under the direction of Edward Higginbottom.

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday everyone! I'll be checking in later.

Carl

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Lovely Sunday sounds Griffin.., I really enjoyed those..
I am having a good old think about my sunday night postings and will be back a little later.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Hi Wayne, Glad to see you. I hope you’re doing well. I miss your posts!

Griffin, wonderful posts as usual. Wynton Marsalis is ever welcome. That version on Leopold Mozart’s concerto is so good. Amazing musician! And what can I say about the Andantino. It’s so difficult to describe the beauty of this music. Thanks for sharing that choral version on the Adagio for Strings by Barber. This version elevates the expressiveness of the piece, in my opinion.

Rossy, congrats on your success with the urban dictionary!

See you all later. Now I have to run! (Ironing, children's dinner...)

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Where is Wayne? "stuff" wayne does things called "stuff" when he is doing stuff he goes missing for ages.

Page 80 of 370 1 2 78 79 80 81 82 369 370

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,164
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission