2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
52 members (Cheeeeee, Adam Reynolds, Cominut, Burkhard, 1200s, clothearednincompo, akse0435, busa, 36251, 5 invisible), 1,283 guests, and 277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 81 of 370 1 2 79 80 81 82 83 369 370

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

I hadn't planned to post tonight. In fact, it's past my regular bed time. Since it's been quiet around here, I'll leave you with Rumillajta performing "Urupampa." It's a song in Quechua language describing the beauty of the Urubamba river and valley near Cusco, Peru.

Good night!

Carl

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Thats excellent griffin, and so timeless, beautifull and relaxing.

Today, I am feeling hopefull and positive, having now completed the piano and backing on my waltz, I am now putting the cello on, which is fun and complex at the same time.

Anyways check this out, "Into the night" composed by Angelo Badalamenti, with Julee cruise singing of course....

I love The bowed double bass at 2.18 to 2.42

Hope you all like....

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Hi Rossy, I’m glad to see you feel positive today. That was a lovely song!

I’d like to post about another Mozart’s opera from Salzburg 2006 (I hope not be boring). This time goes to a more popular opera: Cosi fan tutte.

I don’t like the stage devised for this production; actually I don’t understand what the stage director meant with this odd setting. But on the other hand, musically speaking, this version is sublime. Here are some samples.

[video:youtube]

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Good evening Recaredo, thank you for your kind words.
Lovely music indeed, sometimes the stage director or set desiegners do seem to be living in the world of alice in wonderland, and unless they explain their choices we can only guess what was intended.

The Royal ballet at covent garden, has a bit of a history with articulated sets that have gone wrong mid performance, which is quite sad, sort of over ambitious I guess.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Evening guys, just popping in to say hello. Not had time to listen to everyone's posts yet, I might get chance later tonight.

Whilst at work today, I nipped in the charity shop, and there's a violin with case for £40, I've had a look on ebay, and this seems a reasonable price. I'm gonna have a closer look tomorow!

Gonna search on YT now for some piano/violin duets,see what I can find!

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Wayne you must not have time, you never noticed the "cardboard piano fame" thread!!

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
lol Rossy, I'm wondering has KeysAngler "really" made that!

Last edited by wayne32yrs; 10/03/11 02:52 PM.

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Good Monday everyone. I'm just dropping in briefly too. I'm glad you enjoyed my Sunday posts. I was surprised to find I was the only one to post, however.

Wayne, I didn't know you were looking at violins. Cool! Good luck on the search.

Rossy, beautiful post this morning! I'm looking forward to learning more about Angelo Badalamenti. I'm glad your having a good day.

Recaredo, I'm looking forward to hearing the Mozart opera posts later today. I'm glad you enjoyed my posts. I totally agree with your comments about the Samual Barber Adagio for choir (Agnus Dei). I think the choral version does advance the expressiventess of the piece. I've always loved the original composition for strings. However, when I first heard the choral arrangement I was mesmerized.

I will check in later. Monday is a very busy day for me (what else is new grin). Enjoy the rest of your Monday!

Carl

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Griffin, I wasn't looking, I always look in the charity shop for anything musical for my music room lol, I've got some right bargains in the past smile

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Oh, I get it! You're looking for decorations and inspirations for that music room! I'm at home today working with the other half on more furniture moving and room arranging. Hopefully, by the end of this year, I'll have my own music room for all of my hard work on the domestic chores smile. Perhaps Recaredo and Rossy might give me some good ideas on composing a letter to the Three Kings so I can have some nice stuff for my piano room this Christmas laugh.

Right now, I'm working on my piano pieces and getting ready for my first session with my teacher since last spring! We'll see how good I've been with self-directed practicing.

Carl

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
AH, Griffin, Angelo Badalamenti is responsible for all the music on twin peaks, julee cruise sang the vocals in the songs and also had her own albumn "Floating into the night", which featured many songs from twin peaks.

david lynch did a little known work called "Industrial symphony no.1" (Dream of the broken hearted) which features again music composed by Badalamenti and sung by Julee cruise.. It was a strange (par for the course with Lynch) stage show, but very eerie and watchable.

Cruise currently lives in Manhattan with her husband, Edward Grinnan, the editor-in-chief of Guideposts Magazine and author of the best-selling book The Promise of Hope: How True Stories of Hope and Inspiration Saved My Life

Julee cruise is in my opinion has been a totally overlooked and undervalued lady...

Here are a few lovelies......

And from the film "Blue velvet" again Lynch/ music Angelo badalamneti , this was The song "Mysteries of love" and had a vocal in the film sung By Julee cruise...

This is Badalamenti's Instrumental version.... Lovely.

WOW !!! I have just found the Antony and the johnsons version of this badalamenti penned piece.....

And to finish this (if I say so myself magnificant session)

And More Badalamenti this time with Marianna faithfull singing from the
1995 film "La Cite des Enfants Perdus (The City of Lost Children)" Angelo composed the sublime music and Marianne wrote the words specially for this surreal movie which is about stealing children's dreams.

Once you are familiar with badalamentis style, you will recognise it in a crowded bar!! Beautifull and often eerie.
Anyways,
enjoy.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Okay two more to finish off tonights Angelo Badalamento sessions...

He wrote the theme from the film The comfort of strangers, of which the quite forgetable christopher walken acts in..

And he also wrote this masterpiece of evocation.. "nostalgia"

Give the intro a few seconds for the crackles to go away .....

Classic Badalamenti .....

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

WOW Rossy! This is tremendous! I'm looking forward to digging into these posts later tonight. This is an example of what I love about this thread (and the PWF in general). Everyone's willingness to share information.

It sounds like I'll probably recognize some of the posts because I've seen some of the films you've mentioned. It's unlikely I'll be familiar with Twin Peaks, however. I'm not a big television viewer of most of the popular shows.

Thanks again Rossy!

Carl

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
I hope AimeeO and BillyO are Okay.... and nothing of the "Voodoo" variety has befallen them in new orleans. Maybe AimeeO is practising very hard.
Or she hates me for making her think about those ciggies.
OR, she is busy baking a really big cake.

Originally Posted by wayne32yrs

I'm SHOCKED that you would question my integrity and accuse me of claiming someone else's creation as my own !!!

Do I look like the type of person who would post something fraudlent on the internet?

Here's my picture ... decide for yourself

[Linked Image]

Last edited by KeysAngler; 10/03/11 08:01 PM.

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by KeysAngler
Originally Posted by wayne32yrs

I'm SHOCKED that you would question my integrity and accuse me of claiming someone else's creation as my own !!!

Do I look like the type of person who would post something fraudlent on the internet?

Here's my picture ... decide for yourself

[Linked Image]
\\

OMG!!! I just dropped by for a visit, and I find this!! I'll let Wayne and Rossy decide. However, I'll have whatever it is that he's having for dinner! laugh

Carl

A

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013
500 Post Club Member

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013
500 Post Club Member
A
Hey everybody!
Sorry I've been away.. I've been meaning to post 'cause I bought some of that dry shampoo last week and finally got around to using it. So far, so good. Too busy to see if it's flaky.
Anyway, my battles of late:
Battle one: 8ths over triplets and triplets over 8ths in my Scriabin. This man was obviously trying to overcompensate for something. This threw me into a hissy fit and I whined that I was going to quit and blah blah blah and I finally got it(I am a stubborn kinda gal). I only did the first two measures of this mess, as I didn't want to screw up the rest of it if I was still off. I can now proceed.
Battle two: This cold thing I caught. I thought it was gone and it came back. It is very annoying. I'll feel fine and then I'll be sapped of energy and my head pounds from sinus pressure. I think my boss got the whole department sick. I told him he wasn't allowed to talk to me while he was sick but he doesn't follow instructions very well.

It is nice to see Brad Pitt is a follower of your thread, Rossy. I spoke of you today. BillyO and I were watching TV, and we saw the 3 Musketeers trailer on TV. We initially thought it looked really stupid, until BillyO noticed Milla Jovovich was in it. He said that it is no longer stupid, and I reminded him that Milla belonged to you. One day we'll have all this sorted out.

Wayne, did you get the violin? I want an upright bass for my house. I think they're neat. I have informed BillyO that this is necessary for our house, and when I one day have a real piano, I want a bass to be standing next to it.

Griffin, I'm glad your room is almost finished. When is your first lesson back? I want to hear how it goes.

Recaredo, what happens if the 3 Kings don't think you deserve what you ask for? Do they send a nice form letter reply, or is it a personalized response with helpful tips? Or do they attack your dwelling with their horsemen?

Ok, I'm off to take some Nyquil Sinex. I will leave you with what I've been listening to lately.

Oh. This was kind of weird. I haven't heard this song in ages, and it's on the radio when I first turn it on twice this week.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
lol Keysangler & Griffin

AimeeO, knocked 'em down to £30 today and secured the deal, picking it up Friday...... smile

This is weird, even for Lady G

Last edited by wayne32yrs; 10/04/11 03:08 PM.
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Hya Dudes and Dudettes, AimeeO , if you have centre for disease control, you need to inform them of your most disease ridden boss. Ring anonymously, and tell them he took his shirt off, and you saw what you believe to be buboils under his armpits.

A word about Brad Pit, I dont know to much about him, but mrs R tells me him and Angelina Jolie are cannibals and eat children, apparently this is why Brad left Jennifer Anniston, she would not indulge this peculiar eating habbit with him, prefering to eat just one rye bread biscuit a week, and then bringing it back in the toilet when no one was around.

Apparently, (again) Angelina Jolie did some serious Voodoo rituals to get Brad, she did things with her own blood, some knives and burnt offerings in a ritualistic way.

They both hate children , the extremeness of this hate manifests itself in the naming of their own child

"Shylo", while this taken on its own may seem innocuous, put together with the surname "Pit"
one can see the true horror.

"Shy- lo -pit" is a phonetic anagram of "pile o ...." I will let you work it out.

needless to say, if that girl does not get tormented through all her school days, then she must be attending an inadequate school.

Brad has of course (under strict orders from angelina) been in an "adoption" competition with maddonna, this competition involved seeing who could adopt the most diverse range of babies from around the world, A sort of "Top trump" of adoption competition.

Maddonna got "African" but messed up and got "African" again, and caused a media frenzy, which slowed down her collecting abilities whilst in the spotlight.

Angelina Jolie got, "Cambodia" "Ethiopia" and "Vietnamese" But in an effort to cheat, she had her own biological child in Namibia, and Her twins in France.
Normal folks go on Holiday and bring back gifts, but Angelina and Brad bring back babies, usually other peoples,
cannibalism is the logical answer, or they might be collecting "spare parts" for later on in life.

That said, If I had Brads money this is what I would do:
Give scary Angelina a modest settlement to go away with all the babies.
BUy a really good Piano, probably a Broadwood, allthough I would try a few Bechsteins and One very desirable Collard and Collard Grand.

Then I would write a letter to Milla Jovovich and tell her the bunny boiler has gone , but to bring her firearms just in case. And seranade her with romantic music that is not too hard to play but I would make it look more difficult with wild arm gestures and some painfull looking facial expressions to impress her.

I would play this tune from the man with a coconut for a head, celebrities like Milla is, like this man, probably because his coconut head makes them feel better about their own heads appearence.

Anyways, also, no one has even mentioned Andrew twin choke webber yet so I thought it was about time..

This might be the best song he has formulated using his formula which works for getting money like what Brad gets lots of, (for something else) to buy babies with, mostly.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Wayne!! you "bartered" in the charity shop?
Its for charity!!!

Actually, me and Mrs R have a saying ; "no shame, no gain" lol.

Check the peg is in place under the bridge before you go putting loads of tension on it , tuning. Top string E, next down A, D, and bottom G.

Unless you are ready to play Saint-Saëns' Danse Macabre, which uses scordatura which in this case means the top E string is downtuned to E flat... to impart eerie dissonance.

Page 81 of 370 1 2 79 80 81 82 83 369 370

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,185
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission