Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1769534 - 10/12/11 10:15 PM OK, 'FESS UP : time spent on piano world ....
piano joy Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Florida
Just curious, how much time do you spend DAILY, on average, lurking and/or posting on Piano World ?
Be honest!

me: 12 minutes

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#1769541 - 10/12/11 10:23 PM Re: OK, 'FESS UP : time spent on piano world .... [Re: piano joy]
Supply Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
I see the bidding is staring low...

Piattino Caster Cups distributor

#1769554 - 10/12/11 10:56 PM Re: OK, 'FESS UP : time spent on piano world .... [Re: piano joy]
BenPiano Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: US
More than I care to admit. grin

#1769571 - 10/12/11 11:52 PM Re: OK, 'FESS UP : time spent on piano world .... [Re: piano joy]
ZoeCalgary Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Calgary Alberta
I must admit I am truly and utterly addicted to both this forum and playing the piano. In the last month or so I have spent lots of time here and also lots of time playing! I usually get here in short spurts throughout the day in between pick ups of the kids and in between their various activities. Then at bedtime I read for awhile more. In total I'm guessing 2 hours on most days. I just find I learn so much reading the various threads. The good thing is that when I get some 'day time' hours I do try to spend them at the piano playing!! I am on the lookout for a decent and cheap digital piano so I can practice after bedtime. When that happens my night time reading will be cut drastically short!

#1769582 - 10/13/11 12:12 AM Re: OK, 'FESS UP : time spent on piano world .... [Re: piano joy]
Lain Offline
500 Post Club Member

15 minutes

#1769594 - 10/13/11 12:19 AM Re: OK, 'FESS UP : time spent on piano world .... [Re: piano joy]
Brian Lucas Offline
500 Post Club Member

Hard to quantify, since I check in throughout the day. I'll say 16 minutes just to up Lain's bid. smile
My Sight Reading eBook
My Music

#1769608 - 10/13/11 12:47 AM Re: OK, 'FESS UP : time spent on piano world .... [Re: Brian Lucas]
cubop Offline

Silver Supporter until Dec 28 2012

Loc: Norway
Doubling last bid. And might not stop there. Spending too much time here, but I pick up useful info almost every day. Not to speak of the entertainment value of some posters. Sometimes I get the biggest laugh from some overly serious poster. I manage to sneak in an hour or two of piano playing, so I am not too concerned about spending much time here.

#1769613 - 10/13/11 12:53 AM Re: OK, 'FESS UP : time spent on piano world .... [Re: piano joy]
jotur Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Santa Fe, NM
I'd guess 1/2 an hour. Like others, I often check in a little at a time thru out the day. I do most of my reading in the morning with my first cup of coffee, and at night after I'm thru with everything for the day.

Cathy

#1769634 - 10/13/11 01:29 AM Re: OK, 'FESS UP : time spent on piano world .... [Re: piano joy]
Michael Taylor Offline

Loc: Discovery Bay, California
My guess is about 30 minutes per day. Much more time than I spend on Facebook! Facebook robs me of about 3-5 minutes per day. In fact, I spend more time on this website than any other website that I use.
http://www.youtube.com/user/michaelt3032

#1769738 - 10/13/11 04:37 AM Re: OK, 'FESS UP : time spent on piano world .... [Re: Michael Taylor]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lisbon, Portugal
Originally Posted By: Michael Taylor
My guess is about 30 minutes per day. Much more time than I spend on Facebook! Facebook robs me of about 3-5 minutes per day. In fact, I spend more time on this website than any other website that I use.

PW is the first site I visited every morning (while I'm sitting at my desk drinking a cup of cofee). Then I use to read it more 2 or 3 times during the day. So I would say, I spend 20min x 3 = 60 minutes.

Btw: Facebook? what is Facebook? smile

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

Self taught since 12/2009
Don't play what's there, play what's not there.

#1769742 - 10/13/11 04:49 AM Re: OK, 'FESS UP : time spent on piano world .... [Re: cubop]
Brian Lucas Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: cubop
Doubling last bid. And might not stop there. Spending too much time here, but I pick up useful info almost every day. Not to speak of the entertainment value of some posters. Sometimes I get the biggest laugh from some overly serious poster. I manage to sneak in an hour or two of piano playing, so I am not too concerned about spending much time here.
We are not here for your entertainment! We take things VERY seriously here. Piano is a way of life, a lifetime dedication, sacrificing all else in the quest for the elusive perfect performance. Someone apparently needs a ruler to the fingers.

Oh, and I don't appreciate being so over bid. That was just rude! smile
My Sight Reading eBook
My Music

#1769756 - 10/13/11 06:13 AM Re: OK, 'FESS UP : time spent on piano world .... [Re: piano joy]
casinitaly Online   content

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
Well, it varies. I check in several times a day - sometimes for a couple of minutes, sometimes for a long read.

I also come here when I need to take a break from playing.

I'm guessing about 30 to 60 minutes a day - on average.

Brian, I hate to disappoint you, but I often do come here purely for the entertainment value smile (mind you that could be anything from listening to members' recordings, the e-citals, or reading wacky posts.....this site has something for most moments of the day and most frames of mind!)

#1769774 - 10/13/11 07:34 AM Re: OK, 'FESS UP : time spent on piano world .... [Re: piano joy]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lost in cyberspace.in the UK.
Once, I spent so long in a single sitting on Pianoworld, and was so engrossed, that I forgot to feed myself and nearly starved to death. Fortunately mrs Rostosky called the doctor just in time.
His diagnosis was that I had developed a form of Pianophobia and was compensating by extensive pianworlding, in a bid to counteract this.

He ordered no rest at all, and told me quite sternly that I am only here to entertain folk,and reminded me that failure to entertain could result in a future "bore" diagnosis.

He prescribed two additional laptops so that I could watch multiple pianoworld forums at the same time, and a Pc just for private messaging on pianoworld.

Casinitaly and legalbeagle and myself once actually run out of private message space due to extensive pianoworlding.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project

#1769805 - 10/13/11 08:37 AM Re: OK, 'FESS UP : time spent on piano world .... [Re: piano joy]
leemax Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: pacific nw, usa
I will often check out PW first thing in the morning with my first cup of coffee and then maybe once or twice more, depending on whatever else is going on and whatever threads I might be interested in. Maybe 20-30 minutes?

#1769813 - 10/13/11 08:54 AM Re: OK, 'FESS UP : time spent on piano world .... [Re: piano joy]
PianoStudent88 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maine
Less time than I spend practicing.

#1769826 - 10/13/11 09:36 AM Re: OK, 'FESS UP : time spent on piano world .... [Re: BenPiano]
griffin2417 Offline

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Originally Posted By: BenPiano
More than I care to admit. grin

Ditto!

#1769833 - 10/13/11 09:47 AM Re: OK, 'FESS UP : time spent on piano world .... [Re: Rostosky]
Legal Beagle Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Rostosky
Casinitaly and legalbeagle and myself once actually run out of private message space due to extensive pianoworlding.

Since the words "FESS UP" appear in the title (in screaming caps, no less), I am obliged to confirm that this is true. Egad. laugh

#1769839 - 10/13/11 09:58 AM Re: OK, 'FESS UP : time spent on piano world .... [Re: Legal Beagle]

Originally Posted By: Legal Beagle

Since the words "FESS UP" appear in the title (in screaming caps, no less), I am obliged to confirm that this is true. Egad. laugh

Well, in spirit it is true, in fact we didn't run out of PM space, we reached the maxiumum number of entries for a PM. I remember but refuse to admit just how many that is.

I would like to add that this was at the very peak of the Cardboardanno / sightreading tools R&D development and the expansion phase of the international branches of Cardboardanno offices.
There were also several recipies exchanged, NONE of which included cardboard.

#1769847 - 10/13/11 10:38 AM Re: OK, 'FESS UP : time spent on piano world .... [Re: casinitaly]
jotur Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: casinitaly
Well, in spirit it is true, in fact we didn't run out of PM space, we reached the maxiumum number of entries for a PM. I remember but refuse to admit just how many that is.

I believe it's 100. Ask me how I know smile

I guess when I get het up about something I might spend longer than 1/2 hour.

Cathy

#1769852 - 10/13/11 10:40 AM Re: OK, 'FESS UP : time spent on piano world .... [Re: jotur]

Originally Posted By: jotur

I believe it's 100. Ask me how I know smile

I guess when I get het up about something I might spend longer than 1/2 hour.

Cathy

Yes, you're right. The cat is out of the bag. I'm sure it was a VERY interesting discussion ...... so,ok, I'm asking, how do you know smile ?

#1769855 - 10/13/11 10:49 AM Re: OK, 'FESS UP : time spent on piano world .... [Re: piano joy]
jotur Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Where's that "blush" icon when you need it?

Cathy

#1769856 - 10/13/11 10:52 AM Re: OK, 'FESS UP : time spent on piano world .... [Re: piano joy]
KurtZ Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: The Heart of Screenland
Less than I used to. The S-->N ratio hasn't been favorable lately.

#1769857 - 10/13/11 10:53 AM Re: OK, 'FESS UP : time spent on piano world .... [Re: jotur]

Originally Posted By: jotur
Where's that "blush" icon when you need it?

Cathy

Ah, don't want to put you to the blush my friend !! 'nuff said.
PW silliness is.......sometimes just that - very silly wink

(and that's why they are called "private messages" right?)

#1769900 - 10/13/11 12:27 PM Re: OK, 'FESS UP : time spent on piano world .... [Re: casinitaly]
ZoeCalgary Offline
500 Post Club Member

Brian, I hate to disappoint you, but I often do come here purely for the entertainment value smile (mind you that could be anything from listening to members' recordings, the e-citals, or reading wacky posts.....this site has something for most moments of the day and most frames of mind!)

Me too! Though almost every time I come here I learn about a new song, a new technique, a story about an interesting piano, or a new book to read, I find that there are just some threads that I find pure entertaining! As Casinitaly says something for most moments of the day!

#1769905 - 10/13/11 12:37 PM Re: OK, 'FESS UP : time spent on piano world .... [Re: piano joy]
Arctic_Mama Offline

Loc: Alaska
Too much! We'll say between 30-45 minutes, on average, but it has definitely been higher with some topics blush

Burgmuller - Inquietude

#1769951 - 10/13/11 01:52 PM Re: OK, 'FESS UP : time spent on piano world .... [Re: Rostosky]
Brian Lucas Offline
500 Post Club Member

After some extensive research, it turns out that music is in something they call the "Entertainment industry". So apparently we are all here for entertainment. My mistake. wink
He prescribed two additional laptops so that I could watch multiple pianoworld forums at the same time, and a Pc just for private messaging on pianoworld.
You win. smile
My Sight Reading eBook
My Music

#1769995 - 10/13/11 03:19 PM Re: OK, 'FESS UP : time spent on piano world .... [Re: piano joy]
pg2 Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
My name is pg2 and I am PW junkie. I lurked in this PW thingy for a very long time and I can honestly confess to having read every single posting since the beginning.

Sometimes I was in here for hours, no let's be truthful... days on end... doing just that. It took a whole bunch of 8-12 hour days. I have no idea quite how many but I was both red and bleary eyed for a while. It all came about from "no pianna" starvation. I had waited over 50 years to get one, to give myself permission to fulfill the life long hidden dream. So when I found this place by accident I just dove in.

Now I have reduced my being in here to just checking in a dozen times a day cruising through each forum in case I've missed something. Believe me that's an improvement.

I am considering stoping the internet for a while and just going to the library once a day for a while. Just until I get this addiction under control you understand. Just so I can trust myself around internet access to PW again.

I've learned so much and was introduced to so many wonderful pianists I'd never heard of through this place.

OMG, I just had a terrible thought. What if I can't get to library on time to record my practice time every day on Piano World Practice Log. I do love seeing my ins and out in there everyday. Watching those practice minutes show up in there thrills me and it's just a click away from PW.

Like I said, My name is pg2 I am a PW junkie...

Proud owner of a 1917 Chas. Brothers Grand Piano named "Goldy" She sings like a bird. I lucked out Big Time.

Korg SP 250

#1770112 - 10/13/11 08:27 PM Re: OK, 'FESS UP : time spent on piano world .... [Re: Legal Beagle]
piano joy Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Florida
Originally Posted By: Legal Beagle

Ooops, sorry, I'm Greek...SCREAMING is my normal volume.... smile

#1770128 - 10/13/11 09:33 PM Re: OK, 'FESS UP : time spent on piano world .... [Re: piano joy]
GlassLove Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Michigan
Yeia sou Pianochara!!! eime pandremeni me Ellina kai xero ta panda ya phones!!!! laugh

#1770135 - 10/13/11 09:58 PM Re: OK, 'FESS UP : time spent on piano world .... [Re: GlassLove]
ZoeCalgary Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: GlassLove
Yeia sou Pianochara!!!

Yia sas Pianochara ke GlassLove! Eme ke eyo Ellinida!! Oh andras mou ene xenos ke malon eyo the fonazo ta pedya po polli!

:-)

Zoe

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
Our latest Issue is available now...
Piano News - Interesting & Fun Piano Related Newsletter! (free)
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
142 registered (36251, AmateurBob, AndresD, ajames, 44 invisible), 1671 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75602 Members
42 Forums
156334 Topics
2296047 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
High school student questions..
by lavienrose16
08/01/14 10:38 AM
August Piano Bar, drinks on the house
by Peyton
08/01/14 09:40 AM
I just read this at the Yamaha FAQ website
by BrianDX
08/01/14 09:21 AM
Schimmel DUO piano
by wimpiano
08/01/14 08:56 AM
Feurich 190 cm grand from 1920 - Is it any good?
by pinkfloydhomer
08/01/14 08:16 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission