Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 51 of 227 < 1 2 ... 49 50 51 52 53 ... 226 227 >
Topic Options
#1773152 - 10/18/11 09:04 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
GlassLove Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Michigan
Hey Andy!! Can I borrow your flying fingers? My Beach Buggy still does not have enough boogie power!!! I have moved beyond the Amish Buggy Boogie stage, but I still cannot play it (correctly!!!) at the proper tempo.
My AOTW is that I played to an audience of 6 sweaty 10 year old boys gathered around me (really so close that the stench was distracting). My youngest son still thinks that Beach Buggy Boogie (BBB) is the coolest piece of music on earth (despite the fact that I have been butchering it for the past 3.5 weeks). After he and his friends played an hour of soccer in our back yard, they came inside for refreshments. My son requested that I play BBB for them. I was very reluctant, but thought "hmmm....they are 10, almost anything I could play would impress......right??????? So I played it!! They responded very politely and several acted genuinely entertained. Then, the boy I knew the least sat down and played a Duvernoy Etude that knocked my socks off!!! blush YOUTH!!!!

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#1773171 - 10/18/11 09:32 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: Andy Platt]
bessel Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Originally Posted By: Andy Platt

My AotW: I just played the third movement of my Clementi Sonatina at breakneck speed (OK, the tempo it's supposed to be played at wink ) and it didn't sound like a huge mess of wrong notes. In fact I could probably work at just a few passages and play it tolerably well at that speed. I suspect my teacher wouldn't be much amused but it was fun to just let the fingers fly!

Cool! I'm working on that movement as well, but I'm not sure what the "standard" speed is... my teacher plays it very fast, but I don't think I'll get near there this year or next...

#1773183 - 10/18/11 10:10 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: bessel]
Andy Platt Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Virginia, USA
Originally Posted By: bessel
Cool! I'm working on that movement as well, but I'm not sure what the "standard" speed is... my teacher plays it very fast, but I don't think I'll get near there this year or next...

Allegro vivace so that could be 160bpm or so. The recording that comes with the Alfred Sonatina book seems to be about 170bpm which is pretty snappy.

I probably wasn't that fast. I'll have to record myself (I have slower recordings) and find out - though I suspect as soon as I bring the Zoom out my fingers will turn to jelly and I won't be able to get them to fly. wink

Plus I need to do some super slow practice again to fix all the bad problems I just introduced! wink

Kawai K3

#1773190 - 10/18/11 10:19 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: Andy Platt]
bessel Offline

Allegro vivace so that could be 160bpm or so. The recording that comes with the Alfred Sonatina book seems to be about 170bpm which is pretty snappy.

Forgive my ignorance here... but is that the bpm for 1/8th notes?

#1773201 - 10/18/11 10:27 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: bessel]
Andy Platt Offline
2000 Post Club Member

No such luck!

Beats per minute always comes from the time signature. In this case it's in 2/4 time so the beat is a quarter. So it would be 170 quarter notes or 340 eighth notes. Really most of it are triplets so let's call it 510 eighth note triplets a minute! wink

Of course, as my teacher constantly tells me, it's not the speed, it's the feel ...

Edited by Andy Platt (10/19/11 06:41 AM)
Edit Reason: Ugh, really 16th note triplets. Oh well!

Kawai K3

#1773203 - 10/18/11 10:29 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: Andy Platt]
bessel Offline

No such luck!

Beats per minute always comes from the time signature. In this case it's in 2/4 time so the beat is a quarter. So it would be 170 quarter notes or 340 eighth notes. Really most of it are triplets so let's call it 510 eighth note triplets a minute! wink

Of course, as my teacher constantly tells me, it's not the speed, it's the feel ...

Oh, bizarre - in my version it's in 3/8 time...

EDIT - Just realized we're talking about different sonatinas! Ooops! I'm working on 3rd movement of #1 (Op 36)... My bad!

Edited by bessel (10/18/11 10:33 PM)

#1773357 - 10/19/11 05:35 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Eglantine Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 01 2013

Loc: Another Country
Sorry, my post appeared twice for some unknown reason, and I couldn't delete the duplicate.

#1773358 - 10/19/11 05:40 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: GlassLove]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lisboa, Portugal
Originally Posted By: GlassLove
(...) My AOTW is that I played to an audience of 6 sweaty 10 year old boys gathered around me (really so close that the stench was distracting). (...) They responded very politely and several acted genuinely entertained. Then, the boy I knew the least sat down and played a Duvernoy Etude that knocked my socks off!!! blush YOUTH!!!!

What a story! The kids are always amazing.

My AOTW is that I'm almost finishing "Password" from Einaudi. It's a nice piece to develop "hands independence".
However, I started to thinking about the next PW Recital. The piece I choose is very enjoyable and I'm confortable with it (memorized, nice tempo and dynamics) and all I need is to make a nice record of it.

Edit: Oh, I almost forget this: It's not MY AOTW, but my daughter started to practice some Christmas songs and she's doing it well. btw: I'm her teacher, so I think it's my AOTW too. smile

Edited by CarlosCC (10/19/11 08:09 AM)

CarlosCC records
Self-learning since 12/2009
"Don't play what's there, play what's not there."

#1773573 - 10/19/11 02:56 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
JimF Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: south florida
Andy - It is fun to try and rip off a fast one every now and then.

Unfortunately, I seem to be the king of Ballad tempo. Andante is often described as "walking speed" - I just walk real sloooow. Your 340 eighths (and 510 triplets) are way beyond what I can sustain, although I might be able manage small bursts. I thought I was blazing when playing my little Schubert Ecossaise at 120ish to the quarter (it is 2/4 and basically all eighths). I have gotten four octave two hand scales up to about 80 or 85 per quarter when playing them as sixteenths (so 240ish per note), but at that rate errors sometimes creep in and evenness goes out the window. Anyhow, one thing I've learned is that playing without tension is the key to speed. If I could achieve that I believe the speed will come in its own due course. In that sense, when I push for speed it is actually somewhat counterproductive. But it is fun to try.

Christine - LOL at your story! I just about spat out a mouthful of soft drink when I read that.

My AOTW is finishing off the aforementioned Schubert. The Franck piece (which I like alot, Cheryl) is almost complete - working on pedaling it now. The Handel Sarabande is going to HT (and starting HS on the 2nd Variation). Betwitched, Bothered seems almost done but needs to be tested on a metronome for weak spots. Looking at possibilities for the next jazzy self-study. Maybe "On the Street Where You Live." SOW is F minor this week.

Estonia L190 #7284

#1773580 - 10/19/11 03:12 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
Christine, what a great story -Good for you for giving your performance! But my oh my, how humbling it can be to be in the presence of piano playing children........

Eglantine, I was just kidding you - I saw in a different thread that you hurt your self - how are you doing? Ribs any better? Take it easy and heal well!

Bessel and Andy - oh..I don't want to hear about speeds like that! I feel clumsy just reading those numbers!!!!

Carlos, great you are so close to being ready for the recital! And what fun that your daughter is getting ready for Christmas music! I bet you'll be playing some wonderful duets this year!

Jim, I'm absurdly happy to hear that you like the Franck piece. I really like "On the Street Where you Live" - go for it!!!!

My homework this week includes a Duvernoy exercise which is aimed at improving the Alberti bass ability in the left hand. Part of it has so many leger lines I had to stop and count them!!!! (and I'm actually not bad at reading those notes!)

I had a long chat with my teacher about how to get some ability to "join in" at my own piano parties when people are playing pieces that are way beyond my skill level (for example this weekend we had another pianist, a guitar player and an accordian player doing some great work - both improv (which is totally out of the question for me at the moment) but also playing material out of MY BOOKS that is too difficult for me, but a breeze for them.

Teach and I are going to work on 10 minutes per lesson where I really focus on "team" sight reading - even if I'm only using one hand, and she plays the other - so that I can build up confidence to jump in and not be a wall flower smile

#1773722 - 10/19/11 08:40 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Burt59 Offline

Loc: St charles IL
My achievement of the week would be to start getting things together and play smile

I am still working on the minuet in g from bach and i am getting better at it. Today my teacher noded that i could learn clementi sonata op 36 and i am excited about it smile

Clementi op 36 mvt 1
Kulhau OP 20 1

Playing since Oct2011

#1773740 - 10/19/11 09:53 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
bessel Offline

Originally Posted By: casinitaly

Bessel and Andy - oh..I don't want to hear about speeds like that! I feel clumsy just reading those numbers!!!!

Let's be clear that I never said I was succeeding! Unfortunately I'm still at the "almost but not quite getting all the notes in time" phase... despite concentrating on the dynamics. (concentrating does not guarantee success there either) smile

I had a long chat with my teacher about how to get some ability to "join in" at my own piano parties when people are playing pieces that are way beyond my skill level (for example this weekend we had another pianist, a guitar player and an accordian player doing some great work - both improv (which is totally out of the question for me at the moment) but also playing material out of MY BOOKS that is too difficult for me, but a breeze for them.

Teach and I are going to work on 10 minutes per lesson where I really focus on "team" sight reading - even if I'm only using one hand, and she plays the other - so that I can build up confidence to jump in and not be a wall flower smile

That sounds fantastic. My teacher has two pianos side by side, and occasionally we play duets - it's quite different (and exhilarating), listening and trying to play along, rather than going solo. My biggest problem is when (not if) I make a flub, I am very very challenged to ever rejoin. Have fun with it!

#1773879 - 10/20/11 02:12 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: bessel]
casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy

Let's be clear that I never said I was succeeding! Unfortunately I'm still at the "almost but not quite getting all the notes in time" phase... despite concentrating on the dynamics. (concentrating does not guarantee success there either) smile

That sounds fantastic. My teacher has two pianos side by side, and occasionally we play duets - it's quite different (and exhilarating), listening and trying to play along, rather than going solo. My biggest problem is when (not if) I make a flub, I am very very challenged to ever rejoin. Have fun with it!

Ok, you aren't succeeding with the faster than light keystrokes smile .....You're still making great progress Bessel!

As far as flubbing and joining back in.... I flub a lot, for sure, but I'm actually not bad at joining back in. I played in the highschool band for 5 years and I played bass clarinet - so there were a) a lot of places where I didn't have to play but had to jump in at the right spot and b) some situations where I couldn't get the hang of the music and just had to "wait" til I could re-join the group.

I know some tricks - play the first note of a set of 4 8th/16th notes, play the first note of the bar...... what I'm hoping to achieve with my teacher in these practice sessions is a higher comfort level on the piano, more confidence about joining in, and managing everything at a faster pace!! I know it will be fun!

#1773919 - 10/20/11 05:43 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Eglantine Offline

casinitaly, ribs still very sore. I'm taking it easy, and taking the drugs, and feeling very tired. Thankfully, sitting at the piano causes no additional pain.

AOTW: playing through an Invention (No 1 in C) for the first time. At half speed, yes, but hey, one step at a time. I never imagined four months ago (when I couldn't even read the bass clef and turn it into notes, having forgotten a lot over the last 30 years) that I'd now be more or less successfully wrestling with an Invention.

#1774249 - 10/20/11 05:11 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Southeast of Spain
Eglantine, in only four months you are able to learn a Bach’s invention, impressive!

This week I’ve begun to work on the little prelude BWV 926. I’m studying the first page and still play it at very slow tempo, but at least I already hear something similar to the reality of this piece.

And I continue working on the Hanon’s exercises. Now I’m trying the No 2. This has been a discovery for me. As I’m playing these exercises, I feel my fingers become a little stronger and get a bit more of confidence.

My website

#1774605 - 10/21/11 11:28 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: GlassLove]
ZoeCalgary Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Calgary Alberta
Originally Posted By: GlassLove
After he and his friends played an hour of soccer in our back yard, they came inside for refreshments. My son requested that I play BBB for them. I was very reluctant, but thought "hmmm....they are 10, almost anything I could play would impress......right??????? So I played it!! They responded very politely and several acted genuinely entertained. Then, the boy I knew the least sat down and played a Duvernoy Etude that knocked my socks off!!! blush YOUTH!!!!

Christine that is such a funny story! Good for you for doing it especially for your son! Having two boys of my own I know they don't always immediately react to things but then days later they will talk about it so don't be surprised if you hear more from this. And isn't it amazing how young children can play so well! It always stuns me too!

#1775917 - 10/23/11 08:59 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
FarmGirl Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 02 2013

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Hi I don't have any achievement..

just frustrated with Hanon #48 Part 2. It's the exercise of the 6th. My teacher told me to put 4 16th notes to met 86. My friedns, I am having hard time. It's driving me crazy. I must be getting old and cannot keep up with the directional change, contrary and similar motion etc. She also told me to play the whole thing in p (=quietly) slightly detached (not stacatto). I am not complaining.. I know I need technique. It is apparent. If i had technique, I won't have hard time to do this.

I also realized that my scales were no good as well. She told me that I have to perfect each scale this time before we move the speed up. So, I am playing at 80 for 4 notes for 4 octaves scales for all three forms of e minor. She wants me to ace the scales. She marked where my hands wern't quite together. Ahhh there were too many.. She had me start in the middle of the scale with the met. I missed the beat since I was not used to start the scale any old place. Now I hear how bad mine actually were. I cannot believe that I did not know this until now. I must have gone through the motions to play the piano. Anyway, it's time consuming. I did not know practicing scales would take 30 min.. Hope I have something good to tell next week.
Solo - Liszt Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2, Schubert Sonata D960 Andante sostenute, Bach f minor Fugue WTC Bk1, Rachmaninoff Elegie Op 3 #1, Chopin Trois Nouvelles Etudes #1
collaboration - Handel g minor Sonata for 2 violins and piano (Arioso), Devienne Sonata #5 in D minor for Oboe and Piano (Presto)

#1775981 - 10/23/11 11:40 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
bessel Offline

FarmGirl -

I may be weird, but that sounds rewarding. It's going to feel so gooooooood when you nail it.

Recently my teacher said - after seeing I was having trouble reliably hitting a descending G major scale fragment in a piece - "Ah, yes, I can see that we have not spent as much time on scales as we should have given where you are..." Oh.

Good luck!

#1776042 - 10/24/11 04:44 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Oh no... I think this is a un-achievement...
My laptop doesn't boot and I suspect this is an hard-drive problem... that means my recent .WAV files gone to trash... that means I lost some of my piano records... that means I lost the record I made THIS weekend of the piece I was going to send to the ABF Recital...
I'm really sad and disappointed. frown

CarlosCC records

#1776046 - 10/24/11 04:55 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: Recaredo]
Eglantine Offline

Originally Posted By: Recaredo
Eglantine, in only four months you are able to learn a Bach’s invention, impressive!

This week I’ve begun to work on the little prelude BWV 926. I’m studying the first page and still play it at very slow tempo, but at least I already hear something similar to the reality of this piece.

And I continue working on the Hanon’s exercises. Now I’m trying the No 2. This has been a discovery for me. As I’m playing these exercises, I feel my fingers become a little stronger and get a bit more of confidence.

I love that "something similar to the reality of this piece"! That is perhaps what we are all aiming for? grin
So well done, Recaredo.

Apparently, I'm playing Invention No.1 "like a beginner". Well, given I'm only a few months back at the piano, I'd say I am a beginner, so I'm not taking this as a complete insult (though I think that's how it was intended). It's clear that I am getting more from the piece (hand independence etc.) than the piece is getting from me. And if I begin to approach "something similar to the reality of the piece" I shall be overjoyed.

Edited by Eglantine (10/24/11 04:55 AM)

#1776047 - 10/24/11 04:57 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: CarlosCC]
Eglantine Offline

Carlos, did you record the piece onto another device and then transfer the file? Or did it go straight onto the computer?

#1776048 - 10/24/11 05:17 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: CarlosCC]
Exalted Wombat Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: London UK
Originally Posted By: CarlosCC
My laptop doesn't boot and I suspect this is an hard-drive problem... that means my recent .WAV files gone to trash... that means I lost some of my piano records... that means I lost the record I made THIS weekend of the piece I was going to send to the ABF Recital...

Why? The achievement was getting the piece ready for performace. If you could play it last weekend, you can still play it today! There are other computers, other recorders.

Maybe the hard drive has physically failed. Quite likely data can still be recovered though. Don't believe an "expert" who tells you a complete wipe of your data is the only solution.

But you WILL set up a backup system now, won't you? All computers fail eventually. Your data shouldn't go with them.

#1776050 - 10/24/11 05:30 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: Exalted Wombat]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Exalted Wombat

Why? The achievement was getting the piece ready for performace. If you could play it last weekend, you can still play it today! There are other computers, other recorders.

Maybe the hard drive has physically failed. Quite likely data can still be recovered though. Don't believe an "expert" who tells you a complete wipe of your data is the only solution.

But you WILL set up a backup system now, won't you? All computers fail eventually. Your data shouldn't go with them.

You are right, the piece is ready and that's important. The problem is that I will be out next weeks and that's why I recorded the piece yesterday ...
And yes, I know that computers are machines and that it is possible to retrieve data (I am IT professional for over 20 years smile ). I tried to recover the .WAV files. but they are corrupted. btw: I recorded yesterday directly to the computer and had not performed a backup.

Let's see if I can find a way to make another recording to participate in the recital.
Thanks for your support.

CarlosCC records

#1776051 - 10/24/11 05:37 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: CarlosCC]
Exalted Wombat Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: London UK
Originally Posted By: Exalted Wombat

You are right, the piece is ready and that's important. The problem is that I will be out next weeks and that's why I recorded the piece yesterday ...
And yes, I know that computers are machines and that it is possible to retrieve data (I am IT professional for over 20 years smile ). I tried to recover the .WAV files. but they are corrupted. btw: I recorded yesterday directly to the computer and had not performed a backup.

Let's see if I can find a way to make another recording to participate in the recital.
Thanks for your support.

There you are! We were feeling all sorry for you, and really it's hardly a disaster at all!

#1776060 - 10/24/11 06:57 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
SwissMS Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Switzerland
My accomplishment this week: Playing piano and learning German at the same time! I had my second lesson with my new teacher this week, all in German, and I managed to comprehend everything. I was so busy trying to understand the language that I forgot to be nervous and played with very few errors! At one point she pulled out a simple book for me to sight read and played an accompaniment with me, and I was so focused on staying on rhythm that I managed to do it. (OK it was a VERY simple book to sight read) My lesson was a lot of fun!

#1776063 - 10/24/11 07:14 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
PaperClip Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Amsterdam, Holland
That sounds a lot of fun: learning a language and piano at the same time. Das ist sehr gut!

Playing since May 02 2009

#1776643 - 10/24/11 11:39 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Lain Offline
500 Post Club Member

I'm usually by myself when accompanying for church, but this week I practiced with a violinist and a cellist! It's such an awesome experience to play with other instruments... I wish I could form some kind of chamber group one day.

#1776897 - 10/25/11 12:38 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: Lain]
MaryBee Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Cleveland, OH
Originally Posted By: Lain
I'm usually by myself when accompanying for church, but this week I practiced with a violinist and a cellist! It's such an awesome experience to play with other instruments... I wish I could form some kind of chamber group one day.
That sounds like it would be a great experience! I just love the sound of the violin, and I've had an idea for a while that I would like to play a violin/piano duet with someone. I was hoping that my niece, who is taking violin lessons, would like to do this someday, but her progress has been somewhat slow. Then I found out that my brother has been teaching himself to play violin. So I asked (begged) him to learn something that we can play together. I had some fantasy about playing something from a Mozart violin sonatas, but that will have to wait. To be match his current level, and to help us work out how to play together, we're going to start with Danny Boy. That Mozart will just have to wait a while.

#1776914 - 10/25/11 01:07 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: MaryBee]
Andy Platt Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: MaryBee
I had some fantasy about playing something from a Mozart violin sonatas, but that will have to wait. To be match his current level, and to help us work out how to play together, we're going to start with Danny Boy. That Mozart will just have to wait a while.

My daughter started clarinet this year. So far we have only managed a duet of Twinkle, Twinkle and Au Claire de la Lune. I can't push too much for them - she gets very flustered.

But one day, one day .... though I know from my flute days that the piano parts are as hard (if not harder) than the "solo" instrument part! Looking back I am super impressed at my flute teacher's piano abilities!!!

Kawai K3

#1776920 - 10/25/11 01:11 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Eglantine Offline

Playing with others is so much fun, but does present its own challenges!

Page 51 of 227 < 1 2 ... 49 50 51 52 53 ... 226 227 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
European Piano Party 2014, Picts & Stories! (Piano Party in Portugal)
-------------------
75,000 Members and Growing!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) Purely Piano Practice Software
Purely Piano Practice Software
(ad) Piano Guide Lessons
Piano Guide Lessons
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
116 registered (36251, Almaviva, accordeur, A Guy, 31 invisible), 1378 Guests and 23 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75369 Members
42 Forums
155819 Topics
2288045 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
yamaha finish
by johnfin
14 minutes 6 seconds ago
Advice on best way to structure my practicing...
by MZCT
Today at 09:03 PM
How important are the wheels for you?
by doremi
Today at 06:46 PM
Classical teacher for non-classical student?
by TX-Bluebonnet
Today at 06:12 PM
A220-A440 Temperament recording
by Hakki
Today at 03:34 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission