2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
36 members (Animisha, benkeys, Burkhard, 20/20 Vision, AlkansBookcase, brennbaer, admodios, 9 invisible), 1,129 guests, and 320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 89 of 370 1 2 87 88 89 90 91 369 370

Silver Supporter until Jan 01 2013
500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
Jonny Greenwood playing Reich's Electric Counterpoint at Sacrum Profanum in Poland last month.

Better pix on another video, but less of the piece:

You could maybe phase the two, Reich style?!

Report back on phasing, Reich stylee: I started the second 6 seconds after the first. It works quite well! We have a new work: Electric Counterpoint Phase.

Last edited by Eglantine; 10/16/11 05:10 AM.

Currently working on: F. Couperin - Preludes & Sweelinck - Fantasia Chromatica
J.S. Bach, Einaudi, Purcell, Froberger, Croft, Blow, Frescobaldi, Glass, Couperin
1930s upright (piano) & single manual William Foster (harpsichord)
[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Well Halloween is just around the corner so here is some creepy music to get us in the mood.

I know what you are thinking, and yes, that is Danny Elfman, ultra famous film composer. The same guy who composed this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ9-kTrCAuE

Last edited by polyphasicpianist; 10/15/11 10:49 PM. Reason: I am going to tell you guys a top secret: Danny Elfman is my absolute favourite composer, above Schoenberg, Hindmith, and even (dare I say) Beethoven. Top Secret.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by AimeeO
Cooties are a childish term for germs. In elementary school, I thought I could catch them from boys. And they thought they could catch them from me. We would chase each other back and forth during recess. Hmm. I just remembered chasing a boy in kindergarten (we girls were singing "looking for Love in all the wrong places!" at 5!), and vomiting on his head. Then I was forced to apologize to him. It was traumatic for me, as I thought you were supposed to cry after throwing up, and wasn't really up for an apology. He had super blonde hair (until I got done with him). Anyway, I digress. Sometimes, I call my illnesses cooties, like a 5 year old.

I bet PPP is searching for a video!

How's this: grin

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Ah Danny elfman, allways writing stuff for Tim burton, who in turn writes films for Hellana Bonham carter to star in.
I dont like this three way action happening with my proposed future patron.
Anyways, PPP, I agree that is one very very very creepy song indeed, it has a hint of Jerry lee Lewis about it...

As Ian Hunter said, I liked the message (Jerry lees "Rock N roll")
BUt, am very unsure of the messenger..

And in the creepy halloween video, I am unsure of the message and the messenger indeed....nuff said.

ANyways its Sunday here (4.40 am: wow A440) so concert pitch time!!!

I kick Sunday Morning off with Griegs Morning.... happy sunday dudes and dudettes!!

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
A

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013
500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
A
ooh great posts!

Griffin, I love the Alberta Hunter video! Such a big voice! I also couldn't help but notice how pretty her hands were.

PPP, I like Ice Dance. My teacher gave me that piece a year ago, but unfortunately I had such tension problems with it we put it away for a while (I don't think I was quite ready for it). Hmm, I might pull it out this week and see if I can see if I'm any better with it. Actually, when I said you were probably searching for a video, I was referring to Rossy's comment on you finding a Christopher Walken video about camcorders. I tried to beat you to the punch, but I didn't find one. I DID find one of him being filmed on a camcorder, making chicken and pears. But, since we're on the topic of vomiting songs (I did enjoy your find), here's my favorite puking song. Not exactly Sunday morning fare (unless you drank a lot Saturday night).

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Good morning to you AimeeO , it looks like we will all have to come down to new orleans and drink and stuff, and have a good old projectile at yours. Maybe it could be a yearly event, The pw new orleans projectile AimeeO challenge?

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

A

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
A
I should redeem myself after the last offering.

I think this is a gorgeous piece.

A

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
A
Good morning, Rossy! That is an excellent idea. We could make quite an event out of that. Although I don't think we should vomit at my house; that's what the streets of the French Quarter are for. We could have several categories of projectile challenges. This could shape up to something big.

A

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
A
I'm enjoying my Nathaniel Dett youtube hunt. I like this one; it's very lively.

A

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
A
And here's some Guastavino:

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by AimeeO
I should redeem myself after the last offering.

I think this is a gorgeous piece.

I agree! It's beautiful. We rarely get to hear music composed by R. Nathaniel Dett. Thanks Aimee! BTW, I'm viewing with my iPad right now, and couldn't see your earlier post. Don't worry, I'll check it out later. PPP's little gem was "special." laugh. Aimee, I have a few friends I'm definitely going to share that with. Will your earlier post be in that "special" category? I can hardly wait to view it!

Carl

A

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
A
Hi Griffin! Aren't we all the night owls?

Griffin, the Dead Milkmen are indeed special. Their lyrics are always hilarious and ridiculous, and they cannot sing. This is always important to me, as I can't sing either, so when I sing along it isn't noticeable.

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
Rostosky, I always like a bit of Grieg, and it's very uplifting of a sunny morning.

Following up my previous post, here's a [censored]-take of Steve Reich, the vehicle being Family Guy.

If you know Reich and his phase pieces, you will get the joke Otherwise perhaps not. But here's one guy performing Reich's Piano Phase on two pianos!

Pretty astonishing.

Does Steve Reich count as (modern) classical? I don't know, the boundaries are all now so blurred (good thing!). For example, there's little distance between, say, electronic composer and DJ Jon Hopkins (classically trained at the Royal College of Music) and so-called contemporary classical.

Currently working on: F. Couperin - Preludes & Sweelinck - Fantasia Chromatica
J.S. Bach, Einaudi, Purcell, Froberger, Croft, Blow, Frescobaldi, Glass, Couperin
1930s upright (piano) & single manual William Foster (harpsichord)
[Linked Image]
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Hi all,

I also like the cello sound. Here is a solo piece, Paganini Caprice no 24

Here is a nice skatepark I saw today on youtube.

Chris

Playing since May 02 2009

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Greetings everyone! It's Sunday, and I still have a hectic work schedule of writing projects ahead of me this week. I'll also be busy at my writing activities today.

However, it's pleasure before duty because I get to share some of the classical music I've been interested in hearing lately.

I plan to get this done as quickly as possible, and then on to my writing activities.

My first post is "Rondeau" from the Abdelazer Suite by Henry Purcell.

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

My next post will be Spanish guitarist Andres Segovia performing "Prelude No. 1 in E Minor" by Brazilian composer Heitor Villa-Lobos.

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Time for some choral music. I had never heard of the the National Chamber Choir of Armenia until I started exploring some of the choral music of Claude Debussy. Here is their performance of "Dieu! Qu'il la fait bon regarder" under the direction of R. Mlkeyan.

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

This is my final classical music post for now. Here is "Aubade"('concerto choréographique'), for piano and 18 instruments by Francis Poulenc.

It is segmented into eight movements: Toccata, Récitatif, Rondeau, Presto, Récitatif, Andante, Allegro féroce, and Conclusion (Adagio).

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

[1/2]

[2/2]

Carl

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Modern music by Sun Araw, titled only 'Track 2'. But I don't know how to share it, so I give you the link. Just click on the epic timelapse thunderstorm.

http://stormvisuals.com/blog/2011/10/11/lightning-storm-timelapse-video-jupiter-beach-florida.html

Chris

Playing since May 02 2009
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Paperclip, I tried to PM you to let you know how to post up vids..(it's real easy) But your profile says "this user is not accepting private messages!"

So , I will explain here instead... here goes:

When you go to youtube, and a video is playing that you like, you go to the very top of the page and "Copy" the header on youtube.

Then back here at PW, when you post click "Switch to full reply screen"

Look above the text box and you will see a blue square that looks like a tellevision screen, its the fifth from the left.

Click this and a drop down menu will appear, Click "you tube video" and a box will appear, paste what you copied from youtube in the box and Click "OK"

done!!!

Hope this helps.

Page 89 of 370 1 2 87 88 89 90 91 369 370

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,166
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission