2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
65 members (bcalvanese, 36251, brdwyguy, amc252, akse0435, 20/20 Vision, Burkhard, benkeys, 17 invisible), 2,108 guests, and 332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by rxd

Max is resourceful. Don't underestimate him. I can't help wondering if he has exhausted the resources that I know are available in his own language. Most of us know that a maverick can operate even where information and guidance is readily available.

Yes, he is also “a big fish in a little pond.” An expert in his own eyes, but a tinkerer in others (including mine). His YouTube videos are designed to instruct, not to seek guidance.

There is a saying I like: “Who taught the first chicken to peck?” Max taught himself. He was not spoon fed. So I see enormous potential. We can offer what resources we might have and then it is up to Max to use them the best he can.

Jeff Deutschle
Part-Time Tuner
Who taught the first chicken how to peck?
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by UnrightTooner
Originally Posted by rxd

Max is resourceful. Don't underestimate him. I can't help wondering if he has exhausted the resources that I know are available in his own language. Most of us know that a maverick can operate even where information and guidance is readily available.

There is a saying I like: “Who taught the first chicken to peck?” Max taught himself. He was not spoon fed.

Dear tech. of piano, I happy for the activity to the discussions. Critical and fair assessment of forced me to work and learn from mistakes. I get a lot of useful information and I thank you for your research about T-hammer. For me the surprise controversy on this subject not only to our forum, but English http://www.piano-tuners.org/piano-forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9479
This is a great honor for me. I publish their own T-hammers and the scheme drawing (mm). You may need to make a order repair T-hammer. If you have non-standard pin, need to forge this pin (hot press, smithy) I am attaching a chart-drawing and photo T-hammers http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/maxim-tuner/album/170673

Its video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkKwpV_3HXI
. Maybe someone will need it. Yours Maximillyan

J
Unobtanium Subscriber
6000 Post Club Member
Unobtanium Subscriber
6000 Post Club Member
J
Originally Posted by rxd
I have friends and friends of freinds who are Kz. nationals researching the availability of help in his own country.

NASA would be another place to look for contacts. Baikonur in South-Central Kz. is the world's only remaining manned space launch site.

-- J.S.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Knabe Grand # 10927
Yamaha CP33
Kawai FS690
R
rXd Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
R
Originally Posted by JohnSprung
Originally Posted by rxd
I have friends and friends of freinds who are Kz. nationals researching the availability of help in his own country.

NASA would be another place to look for contacts. Baikonur in South-Central Kz. is the world's only remaining manned space launch site.

since I'm in the UK, is that something you could do?

Amanda Reckonwith
Concert & Recording tuner-tech, London, England.
"in theory, practice and theory are the same thing. In practice, they're not." - Lawrence P. 'Yogi' Berra.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by rxd
Max is resourceful. Don't underestimate him. I can't help wondering if he has exhausted the resources that I know are available in his own language.

Would it be possible for the PTG to fund him to attend one of these major yearly conferences? I'm not sure if this is something that PTG does but, speaking as an Associate Member, I would be pleased if it did.

Kees

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
rXd:

I think you're overreacting a bit, not that I appreciate the sentiment (and I pledge my $50 for Max).

You sound a bit like Max has some terminal disease and we should rally to save him.

Also this fellow Johnkie with 45 years experience as a concert tuner certainly comes over as a pompous ass, but his only point was really that he objected to Max posting instructional video's teaching people the wrong thing. At least wrong outside his area.
And anyone on youtube can watch his video's (if they speak Russian) and think: hey this is a great free online course to become a piano technician. Machine oil, cardboard, using a plectrum instead of mutes, etc...

Hope you get my drift.

That being said, let me repeat that I appreciate the sentiment (and I pledge my $50 for Max).

Cheers,
Kees

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Doel:

My $50 pledge holds also, but I am now wondering the best way to apply it. There have been at least 3 offers for shipments of second hand tools and supplies. It might get the best "bang for the buck" to forward the $50 to one of the donors to help cover shipping costs rather than an account for Max. Let's ask Max.

Hey Max:

Which would you prefer?

1.) I (and others?) try to start an account for you to purchase tools and supplies from pianosupplies.com.

2.) Help reimburse shipping costs for tools and supplies sent to you by donors?

Jeff Deutschle
Part-Time Tuner
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Maximillyan

Dear tech. of piano, I happy for the activity to the discussions. Critical and fair assessment of forced me to work and learn from mistakes. I get a lot of useful information and I thank you for your research about T-hammer.

Max:

Can you give some examples of what you have learned from this Forum?

Jeff Deutschle
Part-Time Tuner
R
rXd Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
R
Originally Posted by DoelKees
rXd:

I think you're overreacting a bit, not that I appreciate the sentiment (and I pledge my $50 for Max).

You sound a bit like Max has some terminal disease and we should rally to save him.

Also this fellow Johnkie with 45 years experience as a concert tuner certainly comes over as a pompous ass,,,,
Kees

Yes, I probably did get overprotective in my attempt to kick against those whom you call a pompous ass. I tried to do it in the least judgemental way and certainly not resort to name calling. I'm the last person to think there's anything diseased and certainly not terminal. That's the position of the other side.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to do a bit of name calling for myself in an indirect way, and not be totally responsible for it.

Last edited by rxd; 10/20/11 07:50 AM.

Amanda Reckonwith
"in theory, practice and theory are the same thing. In practice, they're not." - Lawrence P. 'Yogi' Berra.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
rxd:

For the record, I did not indulge in name calling.

I just mentioned Johnkie "came across" as a pompous ass, not that he is one. In fact most British sound like pompous asses to me because of their funny accent. I am sure they are not.

Kees

R
rXd Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
R
Record amended.

Amanda Reckonwith

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Let's all stay a little bit closer to reality here, folks.

Originally Posted by JohnSprung
NASA???? Well, now that the space shuttle era has ended, maybe they are looking for other worthwhile projects.... thumb

Would it be possible for the PTG to fund him to attend one of these major yearly conferences? I'm not sure if this is something that PTG does...
Hardly. The PTG does not even cover travel expenses of world class technicians who come to the annual conventions to give seminars.

With all due respect, understanding and empathy and everything else: is trying to tune by strumming a piano's strings really worth a thread of over a hundred posts?

JG
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Supply

Let's all stay a little bit closer to reality here, folks.

Ok lets do that then.

Not trying to be too objective but a couple of things I have observed;

One is how Max has enough funds to have a computer, an internet provider, and be on the internet.

And the other is the video camera to upload all of those videos to Youtube.

Certainly with funding for those things he could find funding for shipping costs perhaps?

R
rXd Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
R
I have an impecunious friend who has access to my computer equipment. Quite a common situation inthe world.

There are many things we don't know that I'm trying to find out.

Amanda Reckonwith

J
Unobtanium Subscriber
6000 Post Club Member
Unobtanium Subscriber
6000 Post Club Member
J
Yes, with the shuttle gone, NASA is using Baikonur for access to the international space station. Everybody is, it's the only manned launch facility. So, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they have a regular pouch. Sure, it's a long shot, but it would be fun if it paid off. If anybody here knows anybody at NASA, it wouldn't hurt to ask.

-- J.S.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Knabe Grand # 10927
Yamaha CP33
Kawai FS690
T
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
T
Максим:

Я уверен, что никто из людей здесь настроили вертикальную фортепиано как ваш "Беларусь".

В этом случае, они могут иметь больше симпатии к вам!

Last edited by Thrill Science; 10/20/11 07:49 PM.

Robert Swirsky
Thrill Science, Inc.
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Wise words from Jurgen and Dan.

Back on topic I once experimented with tuning with a plectrum. Put a brick on the sustain pedal, pluck the string and tune with an ETD. (Plucking an interval seems to requires a third hand for your hammer.) Unisons by ear.

The idea was to eliminate time spent on muting strings.

It didn't work because I spent more time waiting for the string to quiet down than I would spend on muting. Maybe if I wore felt gloves I could shut them up when not needed.

Kees

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by DoelKees
Wise words from Jurgen and Dan.

Back on topic I once experimented with tuning with a plectrum.Kees

Уважаемый DoelKees . Очень рад Вашим экспериментам и думаю, что отчётливо вижу как вы это делали. Однако как было сказано мною ранее, мой «варварский способ» родился потому, что я не знал, как надо настраивать. Не знал, как это работает. Вы правильно отметили, что для рояля это очень трудно. Однако для пианино, позволю Вам заметить, я считаю, очень даже приемлемо. Как я это делаю :
1. Я нажимаю клавишу «ля1»-440 пальцем левой руки и слушаю звук, нахожу несоответствие в хорах
2. Я далее держу эту клавишу, когда струны уже затихли. Демпфер сейчас открыт.
3. Я начинаю щипать медиатором (правая рука) все струны, выявляю несоответствия между струнами
4. Насаживаю ключ на нужный колок. Я работаю ключом одинаково правой и левой рукой.
5. Правой работаю ключом, левой держу клавишу, медиатор держу то в правой, то в левой.
6. Когда я настраиваю «ре2», то слушаю одновременно и звуки щипка «ля1». То есть сначала правильные интервалы, а затем и щипковые аккорды, подобно гусляру.
7. Я не нажимаю педаль
Вы правы, когда пишите о третьей руке. Однако Господь распорядился иначе. Я считаю, что в моём методе двух достаточно.
С уважением, Максим.

Dear DoelKees. I am very glad your experiment and I think that I clearly see how you did it. However, as mentioned by me earlier, my "barbaric way," was born because I did not know how to adjust. I did not know how it works. You correctly noted that a piano is very difficult. However, for up right piano, will let you see, I think, very much acceptable. How do I do it:
1. I press the key "A1" -440 finger of my left hand and listen to the sound, I find a discrepancy in the choir
2. I continue to hold down it key when the string is silenced. The damper is now open.
3. I'm starting to pinch the mediator (right hand) all the strings, reveal inconsistencies between the strings
4. I insert T-hammer (my right hand) in one pin. I can work for the same T-hammer right or left hand.
5. Right-working T-hammer, hold the left key, hold the pick in the right, then left.
6. When I set "D2"made, then listen to the sounds together and tweak 'la1. " That is, first the correct intervals, and then plucked chords like guslar.
7. I do not use the pedal
You are right when they write about the third hand. However, the Lord made us otherwise. I think in my method two is enough.
Regards, Max.

Last edited by Maximillyan; 10/21/11 12:55 AM.
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Thrill Science
больше симпатии к вам!

Роберт,весьма польщён, спасибо за слова благодарности.

R
rXd Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
R
Just to be clear. What Max is calling a T hammer is not what we know as a T hammer. Max is using a cleverly adapted socket set and he is using it differently.

Amanda Reckonwith

Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Moderated by  Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,273
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission