Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Topic Options
#1777846 - 10/26/11 10:06 PM My friend Shahram just bought a Shigeru SK-7
hoola Offline

Loc: LA, USA
I and Shahram work in the same place, we usually share our interest about pianos, Shahram talked about Yamaha C7, Bosie, Fazioli, Shigeru ... and recently his tone changed when talking about Shigeru, his eyes became dreaming "smoke in the eyes", he described the splendid touch, sound of Shigeru, far above Kawai Blak, side by side comparison.

I told him "go for it, I have my Grotrian Steinweg for 20 years, I was in heavy debt to afford it, but I enjoy it every single day, every time I see it I feel good". Last week I lent Shahram the Pianobook of Larry Fine, showed him the pianobuyer.com, but I don't expect Shahram get it soon.

And BOUM, yesterday afternoon, Shahram told me that they will deliver the SK7 at night time. For the whole night I was excited, impatient to see Shahram in the morning to ask for news.

WHAOUM, I saw the video clip on his phone, the piano is so beautiful in his high ceiling house, and Shahram plays so well. I feel the right man meet the right piano and they will be together till ... smile

Shahram, please post the pics on forum for others to enjoy.

I guess that Shahram did a "quick" decision after looking around for so long time because he feels confident with information from Larry Fine's source, this is the last drop above the limit.

Piano is one of the best gifts we can give to ourselves, if I have enough money I will have different pianos in different room. I once visisted a castle in Bruges, Belgium, so fun when I see so many pianos in that castle (still host family in everyday life), it's a pure pleasure when we can play and hear delicate Bechstein in one room, then go to next room to play Rach on Steinway 9 footer, another room to play Chopin on mid-size Gaveau, enjoy the Mahagony warm color with a Cognac in a room heated, perfumed by pinewood fire...

Bravo Shahram for the quick, heart and head driven decision.

See you tomorrow and we will talk about your new friend.

Edited by hoola (10/26/11 10:08 PM)

(ads 568) Hailun Pianos

piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#1777873 - 10/26/11 10:49 PM Re: My friend Shahram just bought a Shigeru SK-7 [Re: hoola]
AJF Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Toronto
Awesome!

#1777876 - 10/26/11 10:53 PM Re: My friend Shahram just bought a Shigeru SK-7 [Re: hoola]
Rotom Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Very nice, pass on my congratulations to Shahram!! Great piano!

#1777877 - 10/26/11 10:59 PM Re: My friend Shahram just bought a Shigeru SK-7 [Re: hoola]
Dara Online   blank
500 Post Club Member

Loc: west coast island, canada
Very good to read your story about your friends piano purchase, your descriptions and excitement for him.

Congratulations to Shahram with what I imagine to be a superb piano!

#1778268 - 10/27/11 04:36 PM Re: My friend Shahram just bought a Shigeru SK-7 [Re: hoola]
Shahram Offline

Loc: United State
Dear Hoola and All,

I'm still in shock, a dream become true. I would definitely post pics of my new gem to share with other music and piano lovers. I was planning to do so over the weekend. Hoola you know that I played for a long time with a boesendorfer, the affordable piano which could give me the same feeling was shigeru. When I hit the jackpot I might consider the bosie but right now I'm in heaven.

Dear Hoola Thanks again for the post and all nice and warm words.

see you

#1778276 - 10/27/11 04:59 PM Re: My friend Shahram just bought a Shigeru SK-7 [Re: hoola]
HwyStar Offline

You should be really happy with your SK7 Shahram. They play and sound wonderful! Congratulations!

#1778299 - 10/27/11 05:36 PM Re: My friend Shahram just bought a Shigeru SK-7 [Re: hoola]
BB Player Offline

Loc: Not in Texas
The SK7 is a wonderful piano that I know will bring you years of pleasure. Please do post pictures so the rest of us can share in your happiness!

#1782176 - 11/03/11 03:12 AM Re: My friend Shahram just bought a Shigeru SK-7 [Re: hoola]
Shahram Offline

Dear Friends,

I hope you will enjoy it. A Dream Become True.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Lq8mGZd0Hg

#1782202 - 11/03/11 05:39 AM Re: My friend Shahram just bought a Shigeru SK-7 [Re: Shahram]
schwammerl Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Belgium
Shahram,

Real nice video shots indeed!

Btw, did you play the Schubert on the background on the Shigeru?

schwammerl.

#1782237 - 11/03/11 07:58 AM Re: My friend Shahram just bought a Shigeru SK-7 [Re: hoola]
lilylady Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: boston north
Your video is like you are lovingly caressing every inch of it!

May you have many years of enjoyment!

Schwammerl, on the video it mentions the title and the artist.

#1782364 - 11/03/11 12:40 PM Re: My friend Shahram just bought a Shigeru SK-7 [Re: hoola]
Ovidiu M Offline

Loc: Romania
This piano belongs alongside with Quenn Elisabeth crown jewels:) I would move my bed next to it if i were you:))

#1782401 - 11/03/11 02:01 PM Re: My friend Shahram just bought a Shigeru SK-7 [Re: hoola]
HwyStar Offline

Nice video Shahram!

Nice tall ceilings that allow the music to head upstairs.

Congrats again!

#1782415 - 11/03/11 02:28 PM Re: My friend Shahram just bought a Shigeru SK-7 [Re: hoola]
Robert 45 Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Auckland New Zealand
A magnificent piano in a charming setting.

Congratulations!

Robert.

#1782796 - 11/03/11 11:45 PM Re: My friend Shahram just bought a Shigeru SK-7 [Re: hoola]
KawaiDon Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Orange County, CA
Thank you for posting the great video! You certainly chose a spectacular instrument.

I will see Michio Kaizuka in a couple of weeks - I will tell him about your video!

#1782799 - 11/03/11 11:51 PM Re: My friend Shahram just bought a Shigeru SK-7 [Re: hoola]
Norbert Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Loc: Surrey, B.C.
Congratulations - wonderful piano!

Norbert smile

Edited by Norbert (11/03/11 11:51 PM)

#1782853 - 11/04/11 02:58 AM Re: My friend Shahram just bought a Shigeru SK-7 [Re: hoola]
Shahram Offline

Thanks for all Lovely feedbacks, it gives me a wonderfull feeling when I see there are lots of people who appreciate a piece of gem.

Schwammerl: Murray Perahia played the Schubert. I will record and post it one of these days. The Grand Opening of piano is going to be Chopin's Piano Concerto E Minor Op. 11

Lilylady: you are right not very inch but every Milimeter :-)

Ovidu M: Just for Video Clip I removed my bed it was already there.

HwyStar: Hard wood and high ceiling WOOOOOW.

Robert45 and Norbert: Thanks

KawaiDon: Do you really know him? Is it possible that he comes to my house as a MPA whitin next year?

#1782857 - 11/04/11 03:11 AM Re: My friend Shahram just bought a Shigeru SK-7 [Re: hoola]
hoola Offline

Loc: LA, USA
Dear Shahram,

Late bird hah?

I'm not completely satisfied with the video :), I wish that you should take video to show how the piano will interact with the room around; like a beautiful lady will show her beauty not only in zoom-in but also in zoom-out mode.

I'll come to your house one day to hear it (with you and your family's permission, bien sur).

See you next week.

#1782866 - 11/04/11 04:10 AM Re: My friend Shahram just bought a Shigeru SK-7 [Re: hoola]
from denmark Offline

Loc: denmark
Thankyou for a very poetik video. Does Murray Perahia play on a SK7, sounded more like Steinway. But I liked it, a very good job.

#1782955 - 11/04/11 09:03 AM Re: My friend Shahram just bought a Shigeru SK-7 [Re: Shahram]
Strings & Wood Offline

Gold member until Dec. 2012

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Shahram
Dear Friends,

I hope you will enjoy it. A Dream Become True.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Lq8mGZd0Hg

Your joy and pride in ownership is infectious. I very much enjoyed your video and the choice of music was perfect. May you have many years of enjoyment with your beautiful instrument.

Schimmel K213 NWS

#1782956 - 11/04/11 09:04 AM Re: My friend Shahram just bought a Shigeru SK-7 [Re: hoola]
apple* Offline

Loc: Kansas
wonderful.. i can feel your happines Shahram. congratulations.

love and peace, ├Ľun (apple in Estonian)

#1783445 - 11/05/11 12:13 AM Re: My friend Shahram just bought a Shigeru SK-7 [Re: Shahram]
KawaiDon Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Orange County, CA
[quote=Shahram

KawaiDon: Do you really know him? Is it possible that he comes to my house as a MPA whitin next year?
[/quote]

Yes, being an MPA myself, and working with the Shigeru Kawai pianos since they were introduced, I know most of the MPAs from Japan. Michio is not one who comes to the US to do service usually, although he has in the past.

Takanori Otake is the one who usually does the service on the North America pianos because his English is better, and he can drive here.

I will be in touch in the Springtime to set up the appointment.

#1784485 - 11/06/11 11:41 PM Re: My friend Shahram just bought a Shigeru SK-7 [Re: hoola]
Shahram Offline

Dear KawaiDon, Thanks for response I think you should be the only non Japanese MPA, It is not easy to reach that point!!!

I have a lot of respect for you.

Moderator:  Ken Knapp, Piano World, Rickster 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
101 registered (Almaviva, ADWyatt, antony, accordeur, 30 invisible), 1188 Guests and 46 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74250 Members
42 Forums
153597 Topics
2251159 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
First recordings - Some music for Easter
by wolferblade
57 minutes 36 seconds ago
Recorded a song on my workstation tonight
by Arizona Sage
Today at 12:04 AM
How to tune a piano.....
by Grandpianoman
Yesterday at 11:46 PM
Need help with upgrading(?) Roland digital
by Pathbreaker
Yesterday at 10:23 PM
CA glue applications
by accordeur
Yesterday at 10:01 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission