2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
40 members (Doug M., Davidnewmind, Dfrankjazz, brdwyguy, busa, benkeys, Burkhard, David Boyce, 20/20 Vision, 5 invisible), 1,124 guests, and 281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 71 of 370 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 369 370

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Morning folks! Fun posts Rossy! PPP, I'll be viewing your post in a bit. Wayne, I enjoyed your post. I hope you're having fun learning it!

I woke up this morning in the mood to hear Cowboy Junkies. The best video I could find of "Sweet Jane" was a live performance in Japan. There is a very brief introductory conversation before they perform.

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Here is one more from Cowboy Junkies, "Isn't it a Pity."

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
That's it for me. I've got to run. Have a great day!

Carl

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Hi folks.

Today is holiday in my city. I’ve spent many hours practicing piano and I’ve used the pedal for first time. It has been a complete disaster; even I’ve thought that was out of my depth. I’ve remembered my old violin. I don’t know why, as I was rather mediocre playing it. But at least, I’ve felt the need to post about this instrument smile .

This is absolutely amazing:

I love Julia Fischer.

Last edited by Recaredo; 09/15/11 01:01 PM.

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Absolutely fabulous Recaredo! I just stopped to take a break at work and saw your post. Thanks. I hope you had a nice holiday.

BTW, don't be discouraged by the pedal problem. The first time is always the worst. it will get better.

Carl

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
evening all, hope everyone's well!

Rossy, love Lady G - Telephone, I play this from time to time on the piano, quiet well if I do say so myself!

As for the illuminati, I can see how people come up with these conclusions, if you read the book of revelations! This subject is a bit too deep for me to get into right now, I'm a bit tired lol, (been working then near enough straight to the brother in-laws to help with their lappy, not been back long) n waiting for pizza delivery! Can't be arsed to cook!

I'll be sticking around for a little while smile

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Hya dudes and dudetts.....
Interesting choice Griffin, Sweet jane was of course released in 1970 on the Velvet Undergrounds "loaded" albumn, However, they had recorded sweet jane back in 1969 but that version was only released in 1974....
Meanwhile, in 1972 with the help of Bowie, Mott the hoople released their stunning rendition of Sweet jane, thunderous and powerfull, this came from the albumn "All the young dudes" produced as I said, by Bowie.

This took sweet Jane to more of the masses, as it wasn't just released in England but in the Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Canada and the USA.

Here is a point of note: Mrs R, after only ever hearing the Mott the Hopple version was subjected one day to the Velvet underground version, upon which she stated "whats wrong with that?"

I said "what do you mean?"
She said "Its going slow and sounds all wrong"

She thought there was a problem with the cd player!!

I told her it was the velvet underground version and she was surprised!

Another point of note: The cowboy junkies version you posted is missing the first verse!!!

I dont know if this is deliberate and they allways miss the first verse, but they certainly dont sing it...

The song starts "Standing on a corner, suitcase in my hand"

Anyways, Mick Ronsons Guitar work on the Hooples version shows just why they made it their own, stunning in its apparent simplicity, yet totally complementing the song like he is playing harmonies with his guitar, this is extremely well crafted, I hope you agree, for me, after hearing many versions of sweet jane AND being a dedicated Velvet underground fan, I love Hooples version the best..

Here is the thunderous and well crafted Mott the hoople version, followed by the Velvet underground version for comparison... And then for a final treat Mott the hooples self explanetry song "Saturday gigs"

The much slower velvet U version:

Griffin, see how "Saturday Gigs" ties in even to the "doo bop" thing?

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
A

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013
500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
A
Great stuff, everybody!

The Velvet Underground version wouldn't play embedded, so I went to youtube and read the comments as I listened. Most people on there seem to think its Dylan. It's clearly Reed. That makes me crazy! How can you not tell?!?

Ok so my Me First and the Gimme Gimmes came out with their Sing in Japanese EP the other day. It's pretty good, considering they don't know Japanese.

Here is "Hero." It's been stuck in my head.

A

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
A
Here's some Temple of the Dog.. Eddie Vedder and Chris Cornell have great voices.

A

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
A
ooh more Chris Cornell!

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Good morning aimeeO, (yes rossys been up all night again)
I totally agree, how could anyone mistake Lou Reads voice for Dylans?
Either they are deaf or just stupid methinks!!
Did you check out the very very short Mike read cat joke above? it will only take you thirty seconds, it is hideously funny and well worth it...promise.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

A

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
A
Some Zeppelin..

A

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
A
I did! Poor kitty!! but it was funny!!

Here's some Violent Femmes... I haven't listened to this album in forever!

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Excellent femmes!! just realised we have not had any Roy Harper...... will remedy that right now....

A

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
A
Good one, Rossy! I like that!

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Apparently he got the Idea from a poster he used to own, it showed a white man eating a sandwich, in the sandwich was the world.
And since then , not much has changed,methinks. Actually, think I will have a quick search to try to identify the poster....

Last edited by Rostosky; 09/16/11 03:39 AM.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Not a chance, it must have been pre 1974 so quite an old poster of the world sandwich, but i think in the meantimes these guys beat me to it................ [Linked Image]

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Mrs R is now quite frightened, in case the sandwich police make her have butter on her sandwiches.
she never has butter or spread on her sarnies, I cannot understand this but stand by her right to do as she wishes. To me it makes a sarnie really dry. Factoid: allthough we may still call it margerine , no one in the USA or the UK will be eating margerine as true margerine was deemed illegal many years ago.
At first the USA demanded it was actually made red in colour so no one would mistake it for butter.

Mrs R is now officially in hiding from the sandwich police.
"hello, hello, hello, have you got a record marm?"

"what, a police record?" "yes marm, a police record"

"well., I have message in a bottle , and walking on the moon"

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Evening all, came accross this tonight, Lady G, first time I've heard this.............. Bloody Mary

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Never heard that one myself Wayne up untill now, I like hearing things I haven't heard before.
I was up most of last night again, this is often when I have my best ideas, usually when I am just trying to sleep, then I have to get up and write the ideas down, or if they are musical, work them out on the keyboard.
Last night was no exception. I was just trying to sleep, when I had the "practical uses for photoshop Idea no.1"

Here is practical Idea for photoshop Idea no.1 by Rossy.

First off , you take digital piccies of the bits of your body that you dislike the most (for me, this would be my little toes and my left pectorial area as one of my nipples is trifocated, it has a look of there being three nipples, this is my personal example, yours of course could be anything, nose, ears, whole torso, leg or foot.)

You upload these "insecurity complex" piccies into your laptop or PC and open up an instance of Photoshop.

You alter the piccies till you are completely happy.

Then, (heres the clever bit that I am quite proud of) you print them out on a4, paper, but this is only for sizing on your body as a sort of test print.

Once you are completely satisfied, you get a vinyl printer and print them out on vinyl...
Then you stick the prints in the required place on your body, and voila, you now have the perfect body.

Also, (here is the super clever bit that I am super proud of) Vinyl is washable, and wont deteriorate in the rain like normal paper prints, it's also more durable, and will help keep you warm in winter.

And, (here is an accidental clever bit that I never really thought of it just "fell into place" when discussing it with Mrs R) You can get vinyl with a self adhesive backing! How cool is that?

No need for extensive or painfull diets, no need for invasive cosmetic surgery and all the expense that these sorts of body modification incur.

You too can be absolutely perfect in the eyes of the high maintenence world of celebrity worshiping general public, and not fall foul of intense media scrutiny.

Rossys photoshop idea no.1 bringing low tech solutions to extremely worrying self image anxiety inducing problems.

Hope this helps.

Kraftwerk, and The Model...

Last edited by Rostosky; 09/17/11 10:18 AM.

Page 71 of 370 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 369 370

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,183
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission