2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
23 members (AlkansBookcase, cmoody31, dh371, Fried Chicken, 20/20 Vision, admodios, clothearednincompo, crab89, 6 invisible), 1,235 guests, and 304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 110 of 370 1 2 108 109 110 111 112 369 370
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Evening all, hope everyone's well smile

Well, I got mixed feelings about all this stuff, don't really know where to start! It's such a tragic loss of so many lifes, mostly left unremebered! Good on ya Rossy! My Grandad was lucky to survive WWII, he only lost a finger, and recieved a bravery award for his work in the navy. Would have loved to have posted a pic of him, when he married my nan, wearing his uniform, but it's at my mums! (I am very proud of him and loved him very much)

In them days, people where really fighting for their country and what they thought were right, and gave their lives to protect their loved ones at home. That's what you call, brave dedicated men.

I feel unsure these days, and feel that nowadays such brave people are being used, and manipulated into fighting for things, and ideoligies that are'nt quite right, I'm really unsure whether I should post this comment lol, but it's what I feel! I must admit, that I'm swaying to the idea that all of us should treat all brothers as brothers, with love and respect. And this governemt thing is all fk'd up, (hope I can't get arrested for this lol)

anyways, that's my opinion, can't say I know loadsa details about all this!

(I got 2 days to delete this right, but would love to hear what people think)

Off immediate topic, watched Queen vs Lady G Xfactor tonight, and it was crap lol so come to have a noisey on PW,and it's well quiet, see you all soon smile

H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
Originally Posted by wayne32yrs
In them days, people where really fighting for their country and what they thought were right, and gave their lives to protect their loved ones at home. That's what you call, brave dedicated men.

I feel unsure these days,

I hear you, that is something nearly all servicemen and women have thought about (it weighed on me). Wasn't my agenda, but it was my profession.

and now, for something lighter!

Only in men's imagination does every truth find an effective and undeniable existence. Imagination, not invention, is the supreme master of art as of life. -Józef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Hello everyone. Sorry I've been scarce all day. I am looking forward to listening to all these posts later this evening. Leon (Hawgdriver), I am really happy that you've joined in and are sharing your music with us!

I just wanted to say hello. I am preparing for my Classical Sunday music postings. I'm looking forward to hearing what everyone has to share.

Rossy, I'll PM on Sunday. Lots to catch up on! AimeeO, you'll probably hear from me late on Sunday. I still have some research to catch up on!

Good night everyone!

Carl

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Dudes and dudettes., LOOK WHAT HAPPENED when me and mrs R took our new video camera into town...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The owl sanctuary was in town and we got to hold an eagle owl!! AND a harris hawk!! and get the video as well!!!

A most marvellous debut for our video camera!!!!!

As it was the first time out with it, I was a little shaky and also very excited.....

What a result!!! Music added "cantara" by the band dead can dance!
enjoy the owls!!!

www.theowlsanctuary.co.uk

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project

Silver Supporter until Jan 01 2013
500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
You can tell that owl is thinking "what the f***'s goin' on here!? Not my scene dude! People with legs! No wings!"

Currently working on: F. Couperin - Preludes & Sweelinck - Fantasia Chromatica
J.S. Bach, Einaudi, Purcell, Froberger, Croft, Blow, Frescobaldi, Glass, Couperin
1930s upright (piano) & single manual William Foster (harpsichord)
[Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
being six inches away from an eagle owls eyes was an awesome experience, they have just been succesfully introduced back in to this country... It was a stunning experience and I believe my video camera to be magic... its got some magic in it, and where ever I take it magic things will happen!!!!

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
Rossy, 'Bird' reminds me of The Cramps (they covered Surfin' Bird, very good version)....

Here's Human Fly, at the Mudd Club, back in '81.

Off The Bone is a great album for some ridiculous fun.

J.S. Bach, Einaudi, Purcell, Froberger, Croft, Blow, Frescobaldi, Glass, Couperin
[Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
I love ridiculous fun, ( as others call it) I tend to call it just normal fun, my personal "ridiculous fun" is very very ridiculous indeed. LOL.
hey Eglantine Have you cleared enough room for that harpsichord yet? Please dont say you have thrown any maps away or books? I hope not.

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
Rossy, contribution of merchant navy discussed now on Radio 4...

[Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
excellent thanks will go put it on..... appreciated..

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
Books and maps....?
Not yet. I've found a filing cabinet drawer (emptied) for most of the maps, as a stop-gap. I've put a bookcase in a bedroom for light reading stuff. I've filled a large box with lots of Catalan and Spanish books, and another with books in English that I don't really want. Not sure what to do with the latter yet.

At the mo' I'm mainly shredding old accounts, and adding the shreddings to the compost heap. Then I'm going to have a collection of 'old stuff' (from elderly voice recorders to non-functioning computers to cables to an old and basic Yamaha flute....) Still trying to figure out who can - locally - recycle old computers. I'm being ruthless with old paperwork. It's all going in the recycling bin or in the shredder.

Spent yesterday afternoon at the Greenwich early music festival, speaking to harpsichord and bentside spinet makers, and trying out their instruments....

[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Very nice video, Rossy. I hope to watch many more with your new camera.

Eglantine, How good that you have been trying out a bentside spinet. It had to be interesting.

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
Recaredo, I was startled by the quality - sound and build - of an instrument from Stephen Robinson. He builds them. Really there's not much between one of those and a harpsichord. And they are cheaper, which is not a bad feature in these times.

[Linked Image]

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
I'm listening to Anselmet's recording of El Amor Brujo and the Three Cornered Hat, from '61, but there's nothing on Youtube. So here instead is a lovely edition of Pets ('Drugs'), which I first saw at an electronic music festival, rather the worse for wear.

Quite a good series, mostly online on Youtube now.

[Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
That was really funny Eglantine, Stephan Robinson wasn't the guy who many years ago built a harpsichord and carted it round europe on the roof of his car was he? allthough it was in a flight case a little water got in at one point and stained the soundboard but it was Okay, I wonder if thats the same guy? hmmm. hey anybody else noticed the distinct lack of Sunday posts by Griffin?

Griffin wherefore are the sunday posts?

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Rostosky
That was really funny Eglantine, Stephan Robinson wasn't the guy who many years ago built a harpsichord and carted it round europe on the roof of his car was he? allthough it was in a flight case a little water got in at one point and stained the soundboard but it was Okay, I wonder if thats the same guy? hmmm. hey anybody else noticed the distinct lack of Sunday posts by Griffin?

Griffin wherefore are the sunday posts?

They're coming! I've been having trouble choosing. Ah well, I'll just post and let you all have a listen. Be right back!

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Happy Sunday everyone! There's this British woman who has distracted me all morning. My partner need not worry, however. Alison Balsom, virtuoso trumpet player is amazing. I've finally made some choices for your enjoyment. Let the trumpets sound!

Here is her performance of "Violin Concerto in A minor," by Vivaldi. She is accompanied by the Scottish Ensemble.

Carl

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member
We've got 2 of her CDs she's really remarkable.

Nigel Kennedy is another musician I find simply thrilling to listen to....I think he brings a dynamic perspective to this "oldie"....

edited to fix the link! Sorry guys.

Last edited by casinitaly; 11/14/11 04:30 AM. Reason: fixed link

[Linked Image]
18 ABF Recitals, Order of the Red Dot
European Piano Parties - Brussels, Lisbon, Lucern, Milan, Malaga, St. Goar
Themed recitals: Grieg and Great American Songbook

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

My next post is Alison Balsom performing "Oboe Concerto in D minor, Op. 9 No.2" by Tomaso Albinoni. (This arrangement was trascribed by Ms. Balsom for trumpet.) She is accompanied by the BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra under the direction of Baldur Bronnimann (conductor)

It is presented in three movements.

I. Allegro

II. Adagio

III. Allegro

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Cheryl,
I can't wait to hear this one. I seem to be having problems getting it to download. I assume it's my computer. I will do a restart and listen in a bit. I have just a few more to post!

BTW, keep posting! I love it when I see others jumping in too! smile

Carl

Page 110 of 370 1 2 108 109 110 111 112 369 370

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,164
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission