Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 37 of 236 < 1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 235 236 >
Topic Options
#1740272 - 08/25/11 09:25 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
I must head off to do some work projects. However, I'll be back at break time with a few Doo Wops! Have a great day everyone!

Edited by griffin2417 (08/26/11 06:38 AM)

(ads P/S)
Sauter Pianos

piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#1740275 - 08/25/11 09:38 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lost in cyberspace.in the UK.
Excellent posts Griffin, and a good start to the day. Naturally you will want to choose your own aquatic nickname, totally understandable.
Heres a cracker from lou reed, again from the magic and loss albumn,

Gassed and Stoked.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project

#1740336 - 08/25/11 11:29 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Nice post Rossy! Just in time for my break. I remember the first time I heard Lou Reed was "Walk on the Wild Side."

I promised a little Doo Wop while I'm taking a break. Here is Dee Clark singing "Raindrops."

#1740339 - 08/25/11 11:33 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Here is one more for Doo Wop fans. My other half said his sister used to drive his parents crazy playing this repeatedly in the late 1950s. Here is Tommy Edwards with "All in the Game."

That's all I have time for now folks. Enjoy the rest of your day!

#1740474 - 08/25/11 04:50 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Eglantine Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 01 2013

Loc: Another Country
Just back from a local evening concert held in a lovely Victorian conservatory. Handel, Scarlatti, Frescobaldi, Abel, Mozart and more Handel. Two violas da gamba and an Italian harpsichord. This was the first item on the programme.

#1740480 - 08/25/11 04:59 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Eglantine]
griffin2417 Offline

Excellent! I just took a break, and enjoyed listening to this. Thanks Eglantine.

#1740487 - 08/25/11 05:10 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Eglantine Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 01 2013

Loc: Another Country
Thanks, Griffin. I think I also managed to convince another keyboardist to take up the harpsichord. grin

Edited by Eglantine (08/26/11 02:32 AM)

#1740526 - 08/25/11 06:26 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Southeast of Spain
Hi folks!

I’m glad to see that there are new members participating on this thread.

This night my post goes to Gustav Mahler. He wrote amazing songs, with beautiful melodies. These songs have the musical development that only one genius is able to compose.

Here we can enjoy the voice of Magdalena Kožená, and Abbado’s conducting!

My website

#1740554 - 08/25/11 07:15 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Recaredo]
griffin2417 Offline

Hi Recaredo!

I just got home from work and saw your post. Very beautiful. I don't often get to hear Mahler, and I enjoyed it. Magdalena Kozena has a wonderful voice. I'll want to hear more from her. Thanks.

Well I must get some piano practice time in right now. I'll be back later. Hope you enjoy the rest of your evening.

#1740556 - 08/25/11 07:17 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Enjoy your piano Griffin.

Good night all.

My website

#1740576 - 08/25/11 07:36 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Carpy (eglatine) why the mad red emoticon, the concert sounded lovely, and you had a good time?
Recaredo, "a genius" ( your english is excellent as usual apart from this)
You see, to say it could only be composed by one genius is not true, as it could be composed by two genius's... Rossy is here to help as usual.

Griffin brilliant posts, made by day, as did everyones.

Rossys bad day on Tuesday is long forgotten folks,but todays was just moronic..
Thinking I should soon get something accomplished in Abelton live 8 music program,was a big mistake.

I actually got so lost and completely baffled by the programme, I seriously thought of booking myself in for a short spell in the local asylum, for the mentally inept, inadequate, or just plain stupid in the field of technological understanding.....

12 hours to accomplish nothing.

I watched loads of youtube tutorials, and as I am watching them I think, "oh yeh, thats not difficult" and "seems easy enough"
And then when I go away from youtube to the programme, its like my brain has remembered nothing at all...

Boomtown rats 78 ish Rat trap, good song, shame about the geldoff...

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

#1740742 - 08/26/11 12:23 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

It's quiet around here. I'm ready for bed, and I hadn't planned to post. However, I will share this from an earlier post I did when this thread was getting off the ground. This will be my last post for the evening. Here's a lullaby sung by one of my favorite folk singers, Odetta. Enjoy!

Good Night everyone!

Edited by griffin2417 (08/26/11 12:26 AM)

#1740777 - 08/26/11 01:42 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: griffin2417]
Elssa Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By: griffin2417
Here's a lullaby sung by one of my favorite folk singers, Odetta. Enjoy!

Very nice - love folk music! Here's my local folk hero - 90+ and still performing, raising money for the Hudson River and other environmental causes.. I always go to his Strawberry Festivals. smile

Pete Seeger

Edited by Elssa (08/26/11 02:08 AM)

#1740860 - 08/26/11 08:31 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Good morning everyone! I enjoyed yesterday's posts and looking forward to hearing more.

Elssa, we do seem to have similar tastes in music. I enjoyed hearing Pete Seeger and the Kingston Trio. Yes, I love folk music! Let's do more in the future. I also know you are an R & B fan. That's what I have in mind for my posts this morning.

Rossy, I can relate to your challenges with learning new software. one of the problems are that many instruction manuals are not always well organized. Good luck! BTW, my iPad won't let me see your last post. I will see it later at my desktop. I can't be too helpful on software advice. I can get you going with some R & B music.

Aimee, I haven't had a chance to hear your Liszt posting yet. I will see it later at my desktop. I enjoy your selections. Also, I agree with you about cream cheese for good eating! smile

Here is Sam and Dave with "Hold on, I'm Coming."

The sound quality may be better on this video.

Edited by griffin2417 (08/26/11 09:03 AM)

#1740863 - 08/26/11 08:38 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

My next post is Gladys Knight and the Pips singing "I've Got to Use My imagination."

#1740867 - 08/26/11 08:43 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

My third post is The Spinners singing "I Keep Working My Way Back to You."

#1740877 - 08/26/11 08:56 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Wayne, I know you are a big fan of Lady Gaga. I've come to appreciate her as well. I wonder what Lady Gaga would think of "Lady Marmalade." Check out this 1980 performance of Patti Labelle and her group. Do you think Lady Gaga got a few ideas for outfits from Labelle? smile

#1741024 - 08/26/11 01:08 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: griffin2417]
Elssa Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Super stuff, Griffin & all. thumb

The Spinners in Brooklyn, July 2011 (can't get over how great they still sound) smile

#1741053 - 08/26/11 01:45 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013

Loc: New Orleans
Hi everybody! Great posts.

Rossy, I'm sorry your day is rocky. I'm sure it doesn't help that Milla Jovovich is in Mexico with some dude claiming to be her husband. Those pictures are not very respectful to your feelings.

I will post another BillyBass Hot Chicks with Instruments video.

#1741057 - 08/26/11 01:53 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

Here's the Dance Hall Crashers' "Next to You"

#1741060 - 08/26/11 01:58 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

Now for some Steely Dan.

#1741065 - 08/26/11 02:02 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

And the Doobie Brothers.

Ok done!

#1741090 - 08/26/11 02:47 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Well dudes and dudettes, today has got me totally stunned.. for real.. I am in a state of medical shock...
This is what has happened:

rewind to yesterday.... hours spent in a music programme, just to have the old laptop crash.
Just, I might add when I felt I was getting somewhere.

Anyways, the CPU was reading stupid levels of usage, and after what had happened we suspected a totally filthy and clogged heat sink...sooo, before I opened it up to clean it, I thought I would go to PC world and get some heat sink to CPU thermal paste, because it is pointless going in all that way into a laptop, and not sorting that out whilst in there...

Sooo , there we are in PC world, I buy the thermal paste, look round and where is Mrs R?
Nowhere, thats were... well obviously somewhere, but i couldnt see her and had to go looking.

I thought she may be looking at printers, because hers is , well naffed.
But, she wasn't, she was looking at laptops.

I go over and she says "what do you reckon of this one?" It was a really nice top of the range Packard Bell, so obviously I said "looks great, and the specs are like top notch"

A Pc World assisitant appears, and says the usual "Can I help you"

Imagine my shock and surprise, when Mrs R says "yes" I hurredly tell her I have bought the paste, but she says to the assistant, "I want one of these"

Then, the assistant gets it, and says how are you paying, which card?"

Mrs R says "cash" and pulls out a Big Roll of the said stuff from her purse, counts it out on the counter, and that was that.

except, whilst outside the shop, Mrs R says she has bought it for me... like wow, like WOW , LIKE WOW, WHAT?

How amazing is that?

so all afternoon we have been setting it up, installing MSE,spybot, firefox and add ons etc etc...

This is my first post on the net with it, and wanted to share it with all you good people...

Tommorrow I will get my music programmes on it, and set up the midi on my keyboard...

WOW...BRAND NEW PACKARD BELL.... stunned , shock and awe....

OOH, thanks for all the excellent posts, Adeltrout ( Billybass is wrong, its a stalker, and is allready being dealt with by the authorities)
Special thanks to griffin for telling me all about enchiladas, and making me want them, and to Wayne for telling me where they were and still are on special offer..Morrisons.

I bought them today whilst in town and cooked them when i got home lovely.

Ellsa, have you chosen a fishy name yet?

Will post some music in a bit....

I am so in WOW mode....

#1741096 - 08/26/11 03:05 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

Yay Rossy! A functioning keyboard AND a new laptop! That's great! Although I'm curious as to what the now super-powerful Rossy is going to unleash on the world..

#1741135 - 08/26/11 04:35 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

First thing Adeltrout, is a Waltz, I was going to sleep last night (or trying too around three thirty am) and I heard the melody of a waltz in my minds eye so to speak.
The waltz just kept getting more and more clear, with the Ideas for the sound of the beat and allsorts happening.

Fortunately, I knew better than ignoring it and trying even harder to sleep, so, I got up, plugged in the keyboard, and got it out, found out where it was and played it till it was committed to memory...

So, in a few days, (depending on my ability to understand the music programme) I should have it recorded.

And everybody here will be the first to critique it... hopefully, everyone will be brutally honest, a much preffered and more helpfull option than everyone just being kind.

Like my mum was when I brought my first picture home from school aged five and said "mum, will it go on the fridge?"

And she said "It would if it was any good, however, it isn't, so I will bin it instead"

This kind motherly love saved me thirty years of thinking I may be an artist when I grow up.
Kinder in the end, I hope you will agree?

This next number is for Elssa, I allways loved where have all the flowers gone.....

BUT, there has only been one lady who has sung it in French, German, and English..... and she made this song her very own..

Guessed yet?.... The one , the only the lovely and stunning Marlene Dietrich... Isn't Rossy a cultured guy, you may well ask.... How did he know that?
well he knew, because he very much enjoyed Marlenes Legs, especially in the film blue angel.....

In german ......

In french......

And in English......

#1741156 - 08/26/11 05:25 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Rossy, you managed to fix the piano and got a new computer, in little time! How good!. BTW, listening to Marlene Dietrich in several languages has been really interesting. Brilliant post.

I’m going to post about pop music, Spanish pop music. This song was very popular when I was…younger. Maybe, some girl… grin

My website

#1741165 - 08/26/11 05:45 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Sheffield UK
Evening all smile

Griffin, love the original Lady Marmalade!

Rossy, what can I say.........

#1741169 - 08/26/11 05:53 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Fantastic news Rossy! Congratulations! Mrs. Rossy must think very highly of you as her spouse to give such a wonderful gift. I'm also glad you got to try enchiladas. Pretty tasty, eh?

Aimee, I just got home and am eager to give a listen to your posts. You always get my attention with the Doobie Brothers and Steely Dan. A little later for me, however. I am now on VACATION! yippie

I'll be home, but have some fun things planned like bicycle rides, reading, and whatever I decide at the moment! I really enjoy "Stay-cations." I don't have to pack, worry about keeping track of tickets, ID, cash, etc.

I now can have much more focused piano practice time without interruptions.

I'll be back a little later. Right now I see an inviting glass of iced tea with my name on it! Later folks.

#1741170 - 08/26/11 05:56 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Hi Wayne! We must have posted at the same time. Glad you enjoyed Lady Marmalade.

#1741239 - 08/26/11 08:56 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Elssa Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Congrats on your new computer, Rossy!

Thanks for posting the Marlene Dietrich videos - pretty awesome. thumb

I need to choose a fish name now? Hmmm... how about Angelfish? OTOH, Gueneviere (my cat) and I really like tuna for lunch... so maybe Tuna Turner or Tina Tuna for a name?

Edited by Elssa (08/27/11 12:29 AM)

Page 37 of 236 < 1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 235 236 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
83 registered (36251, Asmodeus, ando, Alux, 22 invisible), 1388 Guests and 35 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74264 Members
42 Forums
153621 Topics
2251561 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of -
by cew0
04/21/14 06:38 AM
Tunelab alternative partial settings?
by Beemer
04/21/14 04:52 AM
Noodling board
by Maarkr
04/20/14 10:20 PM
New Movement Composed "To Rule" 4/20/2014
by hsheck
04/20/14 10:17 PM
Understanding Sharps
by imustlearn
04/20/14 08:18 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission