2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
39 members (Andre Fadel, BWV846, Animisha, alexcomoda, benkeys, Burkhard, 20/20 Vision, 11 invisible), 1,180 guests, and 303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 58 of 540 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 539 540
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Aimee, I don’t know what the Hanon exercise #50 is, but it must be a great step for your technique. Congratulations!

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Not an achievement per say. My teacher just uploaded photos from the last concert and the caption on facebook is "Teodor our pride!!!" which in turn made me feel proud and good and also reminded me I need to start training again so I can look in shape like in this photo ^_^

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Recitals:[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
A
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
A
That is a cool looking piano, what is it?

Acoustic: Yamaha C6 with AdSilent
Digital: Yamaha N3X, Kawai VPC1 with Pianoteq
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
It's a Bluthner Leipzig.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
Teodor, what a gorgeous piano!!! Must be such a joy to play on it.

I've achieved a couple of things over the summer: I've learned to play fairly decent appogiaturas. In the process, I've gotten my pinky under control - it tended to stick up whenever it wasn't in use - so my hand position has improved a lot. & my teacher started me working on my first Bach piece. It seemed absolutely impossible at first, but I can just about play the first line now, so I'll keep working on the rest of it & keep believing that with practice, I'll get it eventually. I'm learning so much from it!

Carol
(Started playing July 2008)

[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Yes, very cool piano, Teodor!

Originally Posted by joyoussong
It seemed absolutely impossible at first, but I can just about play the first line now, so I'll keep working on the rest of it & keep believing that with practice, I'll get it eventually.
What a great attitude, Carol! I almost always feel like this when I start a new piece, especially when it's a bit above my current level. My teacher is a great help with this of course, because he never gives any indication of doubt that I'll be able to learn it.

My accomplishment this week was performing my ABF recital piece, Clair de Lune, at my lesson, from memory. (I just finished memorizing it this past week.) I got a huge boost from my teacher when he said, "You're doing some nice things there." (That might not sound like much, but those compliments do not come often or easily! smile )

Mary Bee
Current mantra: Play outside the box.
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] XVI-XXXVI
Z
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Z

My accomplishment this week was performing my ABF recital piece, Clair de Lune, at my lesson, from memory. (I just finished memorizing it this past week.) I got a huge boost from my teacher when he said, "You're doing some nice things there." (That might not sound like much, but those compliments do not come often or easily! smile )

Congrats on the memorizing and playing well for your teacher!

Isn't it amazing how in tune we are to our teacher's comments and reactions to our playing. I got my teacher excited at my second to last lesson where for the first time I played a song the same way I know I can play it at home. Her excitement kept me motivated all week long!

J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
Marybee, I just listened to your recital piece & it's wonderful! I'm not surprised you teacher complimented you!

Carol
(Started playing July 2008)

[Linked Image]
Z
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Z
I was on a camping vacation for almost 2 weeks and it was so fun but at the same time I dreadfully missed playing the piano! When we got back I got into the usual grind of daily chores. I did have the chance to play the piano but found myself feeling that I would have lost all the progress I had made in the last 2 months. I have played almost every day since I got my piano and was nervous about this long break. I really thought I would have forgotten everything! Well finally yesterday I had a few hours to myself and I actually felt I sounded better than before I left! There were some things I had been struggling with before and now those things were not there. Amazing! Of course this got me really excited! I think I played for 3+ hours yesterday (something that is very hard for me to do!) So, my achievement is week...is getting back to my piano and loving it!

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I listened to it too just now it was mesmerizing! I haven't heard too many renditions of this piece but yours sounded great!

Originally Posted by MaryBee
Yes, very cool piano, Teodor!

It seemed absolutely impossible at first, but I can just about play the first line now, so I'll keep working on the rest of it & keep believing that with practice, I'll get it eventually.
What a great attitude, Carol! I almost always feel like this when I start a new piece, especially when it's a bit above my current level. My teacher is a great help with this of course, because he never gives any indication of doubt that I'll be able to learn it.

[Linked Image]
Last week I received the Practiceopedia that I ordered. I've read a good bit of it and immediately put into practice what it was saying. I had a lesson last night and my teacher was floored. She said everything was much smoother and I had a lot of confidence in what I played. I just grinned because it all had to do with the way I practiced. I really concentrated on just my troubled areas and slowed everything down.

Also, I've been working on finishing Fur Elise. I couldn't play that one fast part up to speed, so I slowed the whole piece down. I ended up playing it note perfect and the fast part is coming along.

I was frustrating while working on a piece that started with one sharp and changed into 4 flats. I just can't do it. Thankfully she's told me to just stop at the key change and we'll proceed with it at a later date.

I do enjoy playing and practicing.

Started piano Dec 2009
----------------------
Working on:
-Anything composed by D. Nevue
E
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
E
Originally Posted by GracieCat
Also, I've been working on finishing Fur Elise. I couldn't play that one fast part up to speed, so I slowed the whole piece down. I ended up playing it note perfect and the fast part is coming along.

Yup, that's how you do it! Now do it a few more times, still at the slow speed. Don't try to get faster in this practice session. Tomorrow, it will just flow!

I was frustrating while working on a piece that started with one sharp and changed into 4 flats. I just can't do it. Thankfully she's told me to just stop at the key change and we'll proceed with it at a later date.

Well, think of it as 8 sharps! Seriously - put your hand on the keyboard. Play a G chord. Play an Ab chord. Is one "easier" that the other? No, of course not! It's a non-problem, and your teacher will help you through it very quickly.

N
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
N
My AOTW, teaching myself "In the arms of the angel" by Sarah McLachlan. I've got a chord pattern worked out, now I need to work on the feel.

Guitar since 1966. Piano (Kawai DP80) since 2011.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I didn’t know that song, CaptainKawai., but I’ve searched it on Youtube. It’s a beautiful song. Congrats!

This week, I’ve managed to play Impertinence by Handel. It’s an easy piece, but it’s so wonderful playing the music of Handel. I feel that I could play this piece hundreds of times without getting tired.

Thank you Exalted Wombat. I'll keep on track. I appreciate your input!

Started piano Dec 2009
----------------------
Working on:
-Anything composed by D. Nevue
F

Silver Supporter until Jan 02 2013
2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
F
Not so much of achievement this week. just chugging along. My work is extremely busy these days and i can only insert one hour of practice time. Besides (sigh!) I have to go to Utah again tomorrow... This time I decided to take my unemployed husband to cheer him up a little. So, probably, my practice time will suffer... But you know what. Sometimes life takes precedence. I will practice at least 3 days at the very kind music store. I will try to do the best I can. I cannot complain. I have a very good job that I like to do. It's busy but I am employed. I have a wonderful hobby which balances my life and gives me satisfaction that even this old dog can learn new tricks. It's just a precious thing. Just hope the economy gets better.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Don't doubt it, FarmGirl. All of us will live better days soon.

Cheers.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
My AOTW is spending time with friends instead of the tempting alternative of practicing all day.

"You are the music while the music lasts" - T.S. Eliot
F

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
F
Ricardo, thank you for your kind words.

Lain, I think sometimes piano has to yield to friends, spouses, s/o, children and pets:) I feel your pain though. I spent the whole sunday with my husband driving around alpine route, visiting park city in Utah. No piano practice today...

Another non-achievement - I saw a beautiful piano at the lobby of the Embassy Suite here. I asked a front desk guy if I can play the piano. He told me that he could not allow me to play the piano does not belong to the hotel. It's leased from another company. At least I am not alone. He told me several people asked him the same quesiton before.

N
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
N
Originally Posted by FarmGirl
.. I saw a beautiful piano at the lobby of the Embassy Suite here. I asked a front desk guy if I can play the piano. He told me that he could not allow me to play the piano does not belong to the hotel. It's leased from another company. ...

So why is it there? Decoration only? How pointless. I admire your persistence, FarmGirl, in seeking out every opportunity to play. Maybe you need one of those collapsible toy like keyboards to roll out and just practice scales or voicings or something not really requiring a responsive keyboard.

Guitar since 1966. Piano (Kawai DP80) since 2011.
Page 58 of 540 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 539 540

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,173
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission