Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Who's Online
66 registered (AZ_Astro, ando, 15 invisible), 1213 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Page 57 of 249 < 1 2 ... 55 56 57 58 59 ... 248 249 >
Topic Options
#1789988 - 11/16/11 12:26 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
PaperClip Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Amsterdam, Holland
Hi Ed and MaryAnn, welcome to this forum and to this topic!

Lisz85, that sounds like a good tip! I'm gonna try that. Thanks!

Not much of AOTW here... just another week of hard practise.

Playing since May 02 2009

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#1790069 - 11/16/11 02:46 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
SwissMS Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Switzerland
Welcome to the forum, MaryAnne. I haven't been here long myself, but it seems like a very friendly group and I have learned tons from this forum.

FarmGirl, I know what you mean about needing to get out of the house after a while. My husband and I retired here 1 1/2 year ago. His hobby is writing open source software, and mine is playing piano. We both walk around inside our heads half the time, so we have to get out of the house daily or go nuts!

Liszt85, I would also like to see a video of arm position. I just pray a lot when I have a big jump, or even a medium jump.

Working on ABRSM Grade 6
European Piano Party July 4, 2015 in Switzerland!

#1790200 - 11/16/11 06:51 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: jotur]
FarmGirl Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 02 2013

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Originally Posted By: jotur
FarmGirl - I work from home a lot, too, but like you, I try to have a couple of clients outside because otherwise I become a clam smile

Cathy

Cathy, I am glad you understand my feeling. Now I feel so much better after going to the office. I talked with a couple o fpeople and went out to a "light" lunch. I also had a lesson:)

Here's my atow for music:
1) Started the 3rd movement of Pathetique. Actually, I'm glad completing all three of them now. My teacher suddenly changed her teaching style with me. She assigned me half of the movement (4 pages)today with a few advices. She said I could add the trills from the get-go and bring it ready to play through for her in the lesson next week. She told me that she would like to see how I put it together, especially around the area that involves immitation. I was feeling like, "gee, did i make progress or what? She trusts me smokin. Of course, she may tell me next week "Vwwwaaaat is this?". Or it could be the easiest 4 pages. Its ok. I am happy right now.
2) My teacher and I decided on the Bach piece - English Suite Number 2. We will start this from next week. Use Henle urtext for this. I am soooo looking forward to playing Bach again 3hearts
3) I lost 1 pound out of the 5 pounds I gained while playing Beethoven. Beethoven's sonata makes me hungry. I now devised a new routine. I ride my stational bike for 40 min with a CD. I also changed my diet. We eat brown rice and I stopped drinking a glass of wine at night. My goal is to lose 4 more pounds. I really hated seeing my porky self in the ZOOM screen. blush

Edited by FarmGirl (11/16/11 06:55 PM)
Solo - Rachmaninoff Elegie Op 3 #1, Schumann Op 12 Warum, Grillen and a few short pieces by various composers
Collaboration - Concerto in C for Oboe and orchestra attributed to Haydn edited by Evelyn Rosewell and some duets

#1790206 - 11/16/11 06:57 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: SwissMS]
liszt85 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: SwissMS

Liszt85, I would also like to see a video of arm position. I just pray a lot when I have a big jump, or even a medium jump.

Videos posted in a new thread. Check it out. smile
Next in line:
Chopin: Ballade No. 1 in G minor, Op.23
Debussy: Le vent dans la plaine (Prelude 3, Book 1)
Debussy: Les sons et les parfums tournent dans l'air du soir (Prelude 4, Book 1)

#1790208 - 11/16/11 06:58 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: SwissMS]
FarmGirl Offline

Originally Posted By: SwissMS
Welcome to the forum, MaryAnne. I haven't been here long myself, but it seems like a very friendly group and I have learned tons from this forum.

FarmGirl, I know what you mean about needing to get out of the house after a while. My husband and I retired here 1 1/2 year ago. His hobby is writing open source software, and mine is playing piano. We both walk around inside our heads half the time, so we have to get out of the house daily or go nuts!

+1 another kindred spirit.
Solo - Rachmaninoff Elegie Op 3 #1, Schumann Op 12 Warum, Grillen and a few short pieces by various composers
Collaboration - Concerto in C for Oboe and orchestra attributed to Haydn edited by Evelyn Rosewell and some duets

#1790218 - 11/16/11 07:14 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: liszt85]
FarmGirl Offline

Originally Posted By: liszt85
Achievement of the week for me: I am close to getting the big jumps right in the Chopin E minor (Op. Posth) waltz. I had been trying to get that right for over a year now but the breakthrough came when I got a tip at a masterclass that I attended. The teacher asked me to treat the lowest note as the starting note of the figure (which was actually true in this case, but even if the jumps (left hand) started from the note above, it would probably be useful to think of the lower note as the starting note). The most useful tip then was to keep my arms close to my body. That reduced the effective distance my arm had to travel (I guess it has to do with having to control just the motion of the arm, now hinged in position at the elbow as opposed to having to control both arm motion and elbow motion when the elbow is not kept close to the body during these jumps).

Will post a video sometime to demonstrate this.

List 85
I love the waltz. It's gorgeous. With respect to arm pit, I had the same advice from my current teacher in my first lesson. My problem in those days were relating to tenseness. Not sure if it has anything to do with your experience...

I had a long break in piano playing. I was always nervus and incredibly tense. My first teacher often pointed it out to me "relax, you are tensing up again". But it created the opposite effect. My current teacher observed the way I was playing and told me that my elbows were sticking out like this (gesture) and it's really hard to play that way. She told me to tuck my elbows in and try to play a passage as softly as I could. So I did. Lo and behold, my tension was gone. That's my elbow story.

#1790803 - 11/17/11 05:28 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: FarmGirl]
JimF Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: south florida
Wow, so many posts to catch up on.

Congratulations to Little Blue Engine and SwissMS for your first recital submissions. I listened to both and they were excellent. Also congrats to all the other AOTWers that sumbitted - Farmgirl, Cas, MaryBee, Andy, Teo, (I know I've missed some others, sorry). You all sounded great to me.

Ed - Welcome to the thread - Hey, I thought I had the exclusive franchise on playing piano in the shower! wink I know it greatly improves my singing, so it can't hurt to play piano in there too. Don't worry too much about speed at this point, go for accuracy and musicality first. The speed will come in due course.

MaryAnn - Welcome as well. It sounds like you are making fast progress to be starting your first Bach piece so soon. It is fun to play the melody of pieces we can't quite bring off right now. Think of those little RH tryouts as appetizers to whet the appetite for a full go of it some time in the future. Fun!

Liszt85
- I don't remember if you've posted in the AOTW before, but welcome if you haven't. We're always glad to have accomplished players like yourself contribute here. Your video on the leaps was instructive. Where was the masterclass held? Was the teacher someone we might have heard of?

I guess my AOTW was finishing off both Handel's Sarabande and Variations and Scarlatti's (Alessandro) Arioso. The MacDowell piece won't go so quickly. Magrath's lists it as a grade 7-8 so I'm guessing a couple months. I've already run into two places where it has 10ths that I can't reach - this should be very challenging. Mrs F. gave me a thumbs up this morning on Bewitched, Bothered, which felt really good. I'll try and get a recording for the piano bar this weekend. Rainbow and the Christmas Song are coming along. SOW is B-flat minor, one of my favorite tonalities.

Edited by JimF (11/18/11 03:46 PM)

Estonia L190 #7284

#1790997 - 11/18/11 12:23 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: JimF]
liszt85 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: JimF

Liszt85[/b] - I don't remember if you've posted in the AOTW before, but welcome if you haven't. We're always glad to have accomplished players like yourself contribute here. Your video on the leaps was instructive. Where was the masterclass held? Was the teacher someone we might have heard of?

Hi JimF, I haven't posted here before. I'm a migrant from pianist corner. laugh The masterclass was held at a local music school. You probably haven't heard of him but his name is Hector Garcia. I don't know much about him.. but he is a good teacher. I also think he has a career in something other than music (law? business?), so he was out of practice. He played well in spite of that. Here's a video of the masterclass: http://youtu.be/VaaeZ9S_h2Y It was a very informal setting (as you probably can see in the video).

Edited by liszt85 (11/18/11 12:24 AM)
Next in line:
Chopin: Ballade No. 1 in G minor, Op.23
Debussy: Le vent dans la plaine (Prelude 3, Book 1)
Debussy: Les sons et les parfums tournent dans l'air du soir (Prelude 4, Book 1)

#1791078 - 11/18/11 06:15 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Svendsen Offline

Loc: Denmark
Monday I found Edvard Grieg's Bell Ringing played by Eva Nordahl almost by accident when toying around a bit with Spotify, and I loved it. And I took it up, and now at the end of the week, I can play it with much of the expression. I feel I really achieved something there.

#1791419 - 11/18/11 04:26 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: liszt85]
JimF Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: south florida
Thanks for the video, Liszt85. It was very interesting. Too bad it had to cut out just when it did as I was engrossed in his pedaling discussion. Nice playing.

Estonia L190 #7284

#1791454 - 11/18/11 05:14 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
MaryBee Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Cleveland, OH
My brother and I got together the other evening for our first joint practice session of our violin/piano duet, "Danny Boy". Neither of us had played with someone else before, and we were both quite embarrassed about our playing. Even still, it was kind of thrilling to play with someone else. And after a few run-throughs, we were sounding a bit better, and we identified some homework that each of us needs to work on. Next session in a week...

I'm at a frustrating point with my Beethoven (Pathetique). It's at the musicality/interpretation phase now, and I'm a little stuck. I need to get on Spotify this weekend, listen to some performances of this, and try to understand what makes them work.

#1791514 - 11/18/11 06:34 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: MaryBee]
FarmGirl Offline

Originally Posted By: MaryBee
My brother and I got together the other evening for our first joint practice session of our violin/piano duet, "Danny Boy". Neither of us had played with someone else before, and we were both quite embarrassed about our playing. Even still, it was kind of thrilling to play with someone else. And after a few run-throughs, we were sounding a bit better, and we identified some homework that each of us needs to work on. Next session in a week...

I'm at a frustrating point with my Beethoven (Pathetique). It's at the musicality/interpretation phase now, and I'm a little stuck. I need to get on Spotify this weekend, listen to some performances of this, and try to understand what makes them work.

MaryBee, that's wonderful you have a musical brother. I have a younger brother in Japan who used to play the piano much better than me grin We used to do duet a lot. It was seriously fun although sometimes we wound up fighting. He played the guitar too. He is an artist now (painter) and no longer interested in playing the piano. I love duet and miss it very much.

Good luck on the 2nd movement of Pathetique. Everyone plays slightly differently. I had my own preference but I could not quite manage playing the way I wanted it to sound. In the ABF recital submission, I made so much mistakes that I hated myself for 5 seconds. But, then I thought, hey, I should take this like a reflection of the current skill limitation, forgive myself and move on. It's so easy to forgive myself smile. I am looking forward to hearing your interpretation.. maybe in the next recital?

#1791533 - 11/18/11 06:57 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: MaryBee]
MaryAnn Offline

Loc: Japan
That is so awesome to get to play with a sibling! I used to love to sing with my sister--our voices matched so well.

MaryA

#1791583 - 11/18/11 08:28 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: Andy Platt]
Andy Platt Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Virginia, USA
Originally Posted By: Andy Platt
Piano-wise, my teacher just added movements 2 & 3 of Clementi Sonatina #4 to our adult recital in a couple of weeks time (I was already preparing Debussy's Arabesque #1). Another of her students (who's not actually an adult but is a high school senior) is learning the same Clementi Sonatina. She's going to play movement #1, we'll both play the second movement (and we'll all discuss our different interpretations - joy) and I'll play the third. Should be fun.

Quick update. I just got an email from my teacher saying that the high schooler has some problem and won't be able to play Sunday. So, no comparison of movement #2. She wants me to play movement #1 too if I like ... I haven't practiced it at all since I recorded it for the ABF rectial so hopefully it hasn't slipped from my fingers!

Oh, and apparently, this adult recital doesn't get us out of the "real" one with the whole studio so I guess I'll get to play again next month.

Kawai K3

#1791597 - 11/18/11 08:43 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
FarmGirl Offline

Andy, that's cool. The more the better. It's so nice your teacher has adults recital:)

I always have to go to kiddie recital and have to play in the end... I begged my teacher to get me out of the picture taken... It's just so wierd to have this old lady stiicking out among the kiddies from 5 years old.. My teacher has at least 7 adults but they are all shy - none wants to play in the kiddie's recital except me.

#1791599 - 11/18/11 08:46 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
PaperClip Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Amsterdam, Holland
I'm a bit jealouse reading about the duets with violin or cello players. I wish I had a music mate too..... sigh. The violin and cello make such a wonderful full and warm sound. I played the violin and cello for a short period, but it was wiser to keep it by one instrument, the piano, because of lack of time and money. I miss the sound very much.

Svendsen, welcome to this topic! The ringing bell of Edvard Grieg is a bit odd, but very nice. He could be an architect too: the house he build is really beautiful. I would swap my apartment for that house anytime.

Here are my pieces:

Granados - Spanish dance - Oriental. I put this piece aside. I heard it too many times. It's almost finished, but I need to rest it.

Für Elise - I can play the whole piece, but the difficult sections not at a proper speed yet. Need some work at pedalling.

Martin - Dark Eyes Boogie - i take chunks of the piece and try to speed them up and feel comfortable with.

Tchaikovsky - In Church - Finished. Just polishing. Need some better pedalling to let it sound more beautiful.

Tchaikovsky - The Witch - new piece that replaces In Church. This week I learned how to play it HT. But its a fast piece, so I still have a long way to go.

Andy, good luck with playing at the recital sunday!

Playing since May 02 2009

#1791932 - 11/19/11 10:54 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: PaperClip]
SwissMS Online   content
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Switzerland
Good luck with your recital on Sunday, Andy. I hope you have a lot of fun! I admire you for playing a live recital!

My AOTW was recognizing a long standing problem with my hand position and starting to work on it. My teacher is continually saying "get your wrists off the floor, get deeper into the keyboard". I look at her with that "Huh?" look, and play on. So, I videotaped my playing and, oh my gosh, I play at the edge of keys a lot, and my left wrist is hanging down. So, now I know and I can fix it! My pieces are going well. I have learned (slowly) the first two Clementi movements, 3 pages of the Chopin waltz, but only 1/2 page of Bach Prelude 851. This thing looks like a .zip file, and I haven't found the key to unlock it yet.

Working on ABRSM Grade 6
European Piano Party July 4, 2015 in Switzerland!

#1792233 - 11/19/11 06:24 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Sam Rose Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Los Angeles
My AOTW was taking part in my first ABF recital, which has been a lot of fun, despite the server going down when I was midway through listening. There is much to be learned here, and many nice people to meet (that's right, YOU!). laugh
Chopin Ballade no 1 in G minor Op.23
My Piano Diary: http://www.youtube.com/sirsardonic
♪ > $

#1792919 - 11/20/11 09:06 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Andy Platt Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Virginia, USA
We had our adult "Musicale" / practice for the studio rehearsal this afternoon. It was very low key, just us pianists, discussion about pieces (like with our ABF recitals erring on the positive!) and some wine and way too much desert.

There were only four of us there. One other was a no-show and two had withdrawn recently. I opened with the Clementi Sonatina. The best thing - almost no nerves. I think just having pianists meant that we didn't have to worry so much. The first was OK; I played the second movement about as good as I can - better, in fact, that the ABF recording. The third movement I just took too fast but it was fun, fun.

And I closed with Debussy's Arabesque #1. This is still a little bit of a work in progress (well, it will be for life). Mostly it went pretty well ... just still too many "holes".

There were a nice variety of other pieces played (Chopin Waltz in A Minor, Schubert Impromptu #3 - out of my league!, the first movement of Mozart's Piano Concert K414 (A Major) which my teacher played the orchestral piece for). Our teacher also played us the Mozart Piano Concerto she has been working on - K488 also in A major. That pretty much knocked our socks off!

It was a super fun afternoon!

Kawai K3

#1792932 - 11/20/11 09:19 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
jotur Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Santa Fe, NM
Yea Andy! That sounds like the Denver piano party we had a couple of months ago. The next one coming up should be like that, too. I love it. And good for you for having fun with your pieces smile

Cathy

#1793076 - 11/21/11 01:12 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
FarmGirl Offline

Andy and Cathy,

I am sooo jealous to both of you. I like my teacher but we don't have adults only recital. I am the only dinosaur in the room. Also in AZ no such thing like Piano party. I feel like I am living in a cultural desert here...

#1793080 - 11/21/11 01:19 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Mr Super-Hunky Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Arizona.
Piano party at the Super-Hunky lodge this coming summer remember?

First 10 people get King crab legs for lunch. 10-20 get snow crab and after that...spam!

#1793083 - 11/21/11 01:23 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
FarmGirl Offline

Yay, I am happy to hear that. I almost gave up:)
I will definitely be one of the 10. Who can resist crab legs with the fun evening in Mr. SH lodge surrounded by his llamas? I am looking forward to it:)

#1793085 - 11/21/11 01:27 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
jotur Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Santa Fe, NM
Originally Posted By: mr_super-hunky
Piano party at the Super-Hunky lodge this coming summer remember?

I'm hoping to make that one, too smile You're outside of Flagstaff in the summer, no? That's about the same distance as Denver. Scottsdale's a little further, but heck, we're in the west, right? Eight hours doesn't mean 8 states around here! 8 hours is just a hop, skip and a jump.

I'd love to have one here, but you've seen pictures of my abode. Not a possibility. Particularly if everyone is staying with me and we have to pile bodies on the floor. But maybe I can think of some creative way to do it. We could rent the Odd Fellows Hall and pile bodies on *that* floor, I suppose. People might not like the piano, but maybe we could rent one.

It's a thought.

Cathy

#1793261 - 11/21/11 10:57 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
pg2 Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Suddenly managed to figure out the 6/8 counting in my version of Liebstraume. True it's a simplified version but this time signature represents a largish step up for me.

It just fell into place when I wasn't looking and now I can begin to hear a bit of a flow in the phrases and in the general line of the music. I couldn't even do the reaches a few months ago either so i had set it aside for a bit.

I also had a crack at analyzing the thing too. So, I have a better handle on it than I did when I started. I used Phillip Johnson's Practeopedia [amazingly useful book for ideas on how to do it].

I also to have the beginnings of an idea of what I want to do with it as a result. Once I get this one down I'll try the original. Be a while yet I think.

Hooray. This all represents good solid forward movement to me in how to approach a piece in my mind before I get to the keyboard. Going to be very useful this way of doing things

I feel, oh so much in control? Maybe I'm trying to say I feel so much more in command of myself and the keyboard.

Proud owner of a 1917 Chas. Brothers Grand Piano named "Goldy" She sings like a bird. I lucked out Big Time.

Korg SP 250

#1793300 - 11/21/11 11:43 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lisbon, Portugal
I'm busy with work stuff, but I have few minuts to write my AOTW, so in short:
- I started to work on Einaudi "Snow Prelude #15" piece;
- Last week I provided an online copy of the ABF Recital #24 submissions;
- I'm commenting all the 50 pieces of the ABF recital. I'm very happy with all submissions.

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

Self-taught since 12/2009
Don't play what's there, play what's not there.

#1793327 - 11/21/11 12:36 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
FarmGirl Offline

Carlos - U da Man! You saved the ABF recital #24 by providing the on-line copy when it's most needed. I wish i had something to give you like a medal.. Can someone create one for Carlos? You totally deserve it.

#1793783 - 11/22/11 02:41 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Mr Super-Hunky Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Arizona.

#1793799 - 11/22/11 04:37 AM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
CarlosCC Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lisbon, Portugal
Originally Posted By: FarmGirl
Carlos - U da Man! You saved the ABF recital #24 by providing the on-line copy when it's most needed. I wish i had something to give you like a medal.. Can someone create one for Carlos? You totally deserve it.

Originally Posted By: mr_super-hunky

Double thanks! You are all very kind.
I just wanted to provide an alternative way for everyone to hear the recital. Luckily I had a copy of the pieces, and it would be a crime not to share them with you.

btw: I loved the "Super Carlos" star! smile smile smile

Edit: a gift is a gift, so i put the star in my signature...

Edited by CarlosCC (11/22/11 05:32 AM)

Youtube channel
Box.com MP3 records

Self-taught since 12/2009
Don't play what's there, play what's not there.

#1794294 - 11/22/11 10:32 PM Re: Achievement of the week - what got you excited? [Re: casinitaly]
Michael Taylor Offline

Loc: Discovery Bay, California
I purchased a new book. J.S Bach Inventions & Sinfonias by Alfred (includes CD.) This is way over my head, but I like to have something different to try. My goal is to play #1 next year.....hopefully soon! My other achievement is I can play 4 Christmas songs: The First Noel, Hark! The Herald Angels Sing, Carol of the Bells, and Oh Holy Night. O Holy night is pretty challenging for me, but I am doing pretty good! It is quite slow and has alot going on with both hands (which is new for me) but I really love the way it sounds. I will be performing (again) with my music teachers young students in December at the Christmas recital. If you think red dot syndrome is bad.....try a room full of kids and their parents (where you are the old guy) being righteously outplayed by 10 year olds!
http://www.youtube.com/user/michaelt3032

Page 57 of 249 < 1 2 ... 55 56 57 58 59 ... 248 249 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
- > Gift Ideas for Music Lovers < -
From PianoSupplies.com a division of Piano World.
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
(ad) Piano Music Sale - Dover Publications
Piano Music Sale
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
A new clip of Don Pullen in action
by rintincop
12/17/14 11:03 PM
Learn a Song in 7 minutes: Carol of the Bells
by Hugh Sung
12/17/14 10:11 PM
December 2014 Holiday Piano Bar
by piano_primo_1
12/17/14 06:14 PM
The Language of Taste - Pianos, Wine ... and Birds
by PNO40
12/17/14 05:16 PM
Good Practice Amp for Roland FP7F?
by TheloniousPunk
12/17/14 04:24 PM
Forum Stats
77333 Members
42 Forums
159946 Topics
2348965 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission