Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician
SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
Ad (Piano Sing)
How to Make Your Piano Sing
Who's Online
71 registered (Al LaPorte, 21 invisible), 1194 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#1813391 - 12/27/11 08:41 PM Re: What are you practicing? [Re: Composer888888]
jeffreyjones Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: San Jose, CA
Originally Posted By: Composer888888
Bonus Festivus to all! ~
my menorah is firing overtime, since we're down in the 30s here in Arizona.

To Tim Adrianson: If you're up for the Harbison 2nd Sonata, then look into my WIZARDS or Jupiter's Moons (instead of the little Hitchin' - a travellin' groove. [ WIZARDS gets it formal Carnegie Hall premiere in early March, at debut recital by Young-Ah Tak. It's also on the 2012 Kapell rep list.]

A New Year's note: my 2009 CONCERTO for Piano and Wind Orchestra 'Solar Traveller' gets its Midwest Premiere in February, in Minneapolis. Tim Lovelace is soloist.

-- And what am I practicing? For upcoming chamber music recitals ...Medtner 3 Nocturnes (vln. + pno.) and the Mendelssohn d minot Piano Trio. For myself: Tombeau de Couperin, and the CF Peters collection "Waltz Project".
(Just played the Poulenc 4-hands Sonate last week - that first movement is a riot.)

Good wishes from the USA ~
Judith L. Zaimont

Thanks for dropping by!! Really liked your Impronta Digitale when I heard Olga Kern play it..

Ad 800 (Pearl River)
Pearl River World's Best Selling Piano
#1813452 - 12/27/11 10:59 PM Re: What are you practicing? [Re: Hermanberntzen]
Sam Rose Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Los Angeles
In progress:
Chopin Ballade no 1
Beethoven Moonlight Sonata 3rd movement
Chopin Nocturne 9/1

Long finished but still touching up:
Chopin Nocturne in C-sharp minor
Chopin Fantaisie Impromptu

Started but on hold for now:
Debussy Arabesque #1
Chopin Waltz in C-sharp minor (64/2)
Pirates of the Caribbean (Jarrod Radnich arrangement)
David Nevue Sweet Dreams and Starlight

Other:
Sight reading exercises (occasionally)
Scales
Some arpeggios
Chopin Ballade no 1 in G minor Op.23
My Piano Diary: http://www.youtube.com/sirsardonic
♪ > $

#1813460 - 12/27/11 11:07 PM Re: What are you practicing? [Re: Hermanberntzen]
liszt85 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Finished learning Debussy's Prelude 1 (book 1)! I'm getting more efficient at learning pieces, this took me about a week (with an hour on average spent on this each day). I know, this is still slower than what many people here would take, but this is a personal improvement for me. Got to polish it now before my lesson on Thursday.

Hey Sam, I just started working on Ballade 1 too! Its a great piece of music, have fun with it! I'm still amazed that you are working on somewhat advanced repertoire after just one year of playing. Do you have a teacher (I know I've asked you this question before)?
Next in line:
Chopin: Ballade No. 1 in G minor, Op.23
Debussy: Le vent dans la plaine (Prelude 3, Book 1)
Debussy: Les sons et les parfums tournent dans l'air du soir (Prelude 4, Book 1)

#1813526 - 12/28/11 01:49 AM Re: What are you practicing? [Re: Hermanberntzen]
Sam Rose Offline
500 Post Club Member

liszt85, I just got one a few weeks ago. I've had two lessons, and he is fantastic, so things are looking good on that front. I already have most of the Ballade memorized, but I started learning it when I didn't know the difference between a half note and an eight note, didn't know what a tie was, etc. So we are going to go through the piece and polish it up.

Even though I wasn't up to it, I had to skip ahead and learn the Presto con Fuoco section, and now I can't get enough of it. I might record it in the next few weeks. It's so exciting to play.

I can't wait to hear you playing the Ballade! I'm sure by now you can learn pieces so much faster than I can. My reading is far better now than it was a couple months ago, so that really speeds up the learning process for me, but it's still pretty slow.
♪ > $

#1813538 - 12/28/11 02:32 AM Re: What are you practicing? [Re: Hermanberntzen]
liszt85 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

All I can say, yet again, is that its unbelievable to me that you could even learn the piece without knowing what half notes and eighth notes were (I'm guessing you used the score mainly to figure out what the notes were, and you used your ear to put the rest together). I'm pretty sure you've learned many things wrong (if I'm wrong about that, you must be some kind of mad genius, which is of course a possibility! ;)), but I commend your effort! With your new teacher, you will hopefully do things more systematically to build your technique to a level where you can tackle these pieces more satisfactorily than you have been doing so far.

Good luck!
Next in line:
Debussy: Les sons et les parfums tournent dans l'air du soir (Prelude 4, Book 1)

#1813599 - 12/28/11 06:32 AM Re: What are you practicing? [Re: liszt85]
Sam Rose Offline
500 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: liszt85
All I can say, yet again, is that its unbelievable to me that you could even learn the piece without knowing what half notes and eighth notes were (I'm guessing you used the score mainly to figure out what the notes were, and you used your ear to put the rest together). I'm pretty sure you've learned many things wrong (if I'm wrong about that, you must be some kind of mad genius, which is of course a possibility! ;)), but I commend your effort! With your new teacher, you will hopefully do things more systematically to build your technique to a level where you can tackle these pieces more satisfactorily than you have been doing so far.

Good luck!

Yes, when I first started learning the piece I just cracked open my friend's book with the Ballades and tried to figure out the first few notes for fun. Then I got sucked into it. So at the beginning, I was using the way I've heard the piece played to decide how to play it. As I went along, I picked up the notation, so most of the piece is not sloppy like the first page. And it didn't take very long to fix up the sloppiness. So I wouldn't say I've learned many things wrong.

The teacher said it was very good; it's just some of the nuances we needed to work on (on the first page for example, there are notes that need to be held and I was letting them go too early). He's having me do the first couple pages with counting (no rubato) and then I can add that back in later. He said it's important to really know the score first before adding that kind of expression (of course it is, but I didn't know the difference when I started learning that! smile )

How long do you think it will take you to learn?
♪ > $

#1813674 - 12/28/11 10:02 AM Re: What are you practicing? [Re: Hermanberntzen]
liszt85 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

If I worked on it everyday for an hour, it will probably take me a month or two. Still not as efficient as I'd like to be because I waste a lot of time playing through what I've already learned just because it sounds good. :P
Next in line:

#1813700 - 12/28/11 10:43 AM Re: What are you practicing? [Re: liszt85]
Sam Rose Offline
500 Post Club Member

If I worked on it everyday for an hour, it will probably take me a month or two. Still not as efficient as I'd like to be because I waste a lot of time playing through what I've already learned just because it sounds good. :P

I've been learning it on and off for over a year while figuring out my technique, learning other pieces, learning how to read better, etc. on the side. My reading is still not very good because I haven't focused on it enough, but my memorization is getting faster. I guess as long as I'm seeing steady improvement I'm satisfied. I think I'm in a good place considering the amount of time I've been playing.
♪ > $

#1813707 - 12/28/11 10:59 AM Re: What are you practicing? [Re: Sam Rose]
liszt85 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Sam Rose

I've been learning it on and off for over a year while figuring out my technique, learning other pieces, learning how to read better, etc. on the side. My reading is still not very good because I haven't focused on it enough, but my memorization is getting faster. I guess as long as I'm seeing steady improvement I'm satisfied. I think I'm in a good place considering the amount of time I've been playing.

thumb
Next in line:

#1813712 - 12/28/11 11:06 AM Re: What are you practicing? [Re: liszt85]
Orange Soda King Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Louisville, Kentucky, United S...

This is so understandable. The music is just fantastic, isn't it? However, the best teacher I've ever worked with (I only had two lessons with her, wish I could have more) told me that you must treat your practice time like it is sacred. It's something I had to work on a lot, but I realized how much more I could get accomplished when I caught myself wanting to play through what I've already learned just because I like the music.

I've also found when I am truly engaged in the music while practicing (which is much more often than it used to be!), I enjoy learning new parts of the music or finding specific things to work on in what I've already learned even more than just playing through what I've already learned.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm getting onto you... I really don't mean to! This just caught my eye and I wanted to throw this out because I think it's vital to your artistic development. You know I only wish all the best for fellow pianist students. laugh

#1813723 - 12/28/11 11:36 AM Re: What are you practicing? [Re: Orange Soda King]
liszt85 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Orange Soda King

This is so understandable. The music is just fantastic, isn't it? However, the best teacher I've ever worked with (I only had two lessons with her, wish I could have more) told me that you must treat your practice time like it is sacred. It's something I had to work on a lot, but I realized how much more I could get accomplished when I caught myself wanting to play through what I've already learned just because I like the music.

I've also found when I am truly engaged in the music while practicing (which is much more often than it used to be!), I enjoy learning new parts of the music or finding specific things to work on in what I've already learned even more than just playing through what I've already learned.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm getting onto you... I really don't mean to! This just caught my eye and I wanted to throw this out because I think it's vital to your artistic development. You know I only wish all the best for fellow pianist students. laugh

OSK, I completely understand what you're saying and I've been telling myself for some time now that I NEED to do that. Its a real battle, I can tell you that much!
Next in line:

#1813727 - 12/28/11 11:43 AM Re: What are you practicing? [Re: liszt85]
Orange Soda King Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Keep a practice journal. Write down what you want to accomplish before you practice, and what you've accomplished after you finish. That's what I used to do. It helped a lot. I have stopped doing that, but I will start again.

#1813730 - 12/28/11 11:49 AM Re: What are you practicing? [Re: Orange Soda King]
liszt85 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Keep a practice journal. Write down what you want to accomplish before you practice, and what you've accomplished after you finish. That's what I used to do. It helped a lot. I have stopped doing that, but I will start again.

Hmm, good idea (I've known of it, but its probably laziness that prevented me from doing it so far)..I'll try that because the 1-1.5 hrs that I (barely) get every day are precious! Thanks.
Next in line:

#1813732 - 12/28/11 11:49 AM Re: What are you practicing? [Re: Hermanberntzen]
Brad Hoehne Offline

Loc: Ohio
Man, you guys impress me. It takes me forever to learn new material. Just the other day, for instance, I decided that I wanted to learn all the the Bach Inventions that I hadn't played before (which meant about 11 of them) one at a time. I sat down at one of the easiest, #4, and gave it my best. It took three days of pretty intense practice (perhaps three sixty minute sessions) to simply get the notes under my fingers- and that's for an easy two-page piece.

Having worked on the Beethoven Tempest for the past six weeks or so, I still don't have the whole thing "note learned"- and I'm barely up to speed in the parts I have got down. It'll be another three or four months before I can sorta' play it. (It took me about 5 months to learn, reasonably well, the Pathetique.)

Moreover, if past performance is any guide, after I finish "note learning" it, I'll likely forget most of it in short order. smile

Edited by Brad Hoehne (12/28/11 11:53 AM)

Currently working on:
Chopin Etudes op 10 #12 "Revolutionary" and op 25 #2
Chopin Nocturne op 37 #2
Playing by ear and "filling out" pop tunes

#1813738 - 12/28/11 11:55 AM Re: What are you practicing? [Re: Brad Hoehne]
liszt85 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Brad Hoehne
Man, you guys impress me. It takes me forever to learn new material. Just the other day, for instance, I decided that I wanted to learn all the the Bach Inventions that I hadn't played before (which meant about 11 of them) one at a time. I sat down at one of the easiest, #4, and gave it my best. It took three days of pretty intense practice (perhaps three hour long sessions) to simply get the notes under my fingers- and that's for an easy two-page piece.

Having worked on the Beethoven Tempest for the past six weeks or so, I still don't have the whole thing "note learned"- and I'm barely up to speed in the parts I have got down. It'll be another thee or four months before I can play it. Moreover, after I finish "note learning" it, I'll likely forget most of it in short order. smile

Brad, I think that's because most of us are guilty to varying degrees of wasting practice time. I suspect you might be wasting a lot of your practice time just playing through sections you've already learned, and at tempo! This seriously hampers progress and I myself am victim of this tendency. I'm pretty sure I can halve the time I need to learn pieces if I could get myself to be systematic and efficient during practice and if I can do it, so can you. I'm going to try what OSK suggested, I will start a practice journal soon.
Next in line:

#1813747 - 12/28/11 12:05 PM Re: What are you practicing? [Re: liszt85]
Brad Hoehne Offline

I think that's because most of us are guilty to varying degrees of wasting practice time. I suspect you might be wasting a lot of your practice time just playing through sections you've already learned, and at tempo!

But it's so fun. smile

I think this is probably right, to a point. I justify it because it feels to me like "solidifying" or "putting in context" material that I've already worked on.

My general practice scheme is to work from the end of a work forward. Doing this, I have a tendency, when practicing the next chunk of music I'm on, to simply keep going until the end. Perhaps caving into this tendency too much is a wee bit inefficient.

Currently working on:
Chopin Nocturne op 37 #2

#1813852 - 12/28/11 03:00 PM Re: What are you practicing? [Re: Hermanberntzen]
Sam Rose Offline
500 Post Club Member

This may be blasphemy here, but I don't personally find that I'm ever wasting my practice time, so long as I am playing. It doesn't matter if I'm playing through stuff I already know; if I'm enjoying myself it is never a waste of time. I think this might be because many of you here have different goals when it comes to playing piano. If your goal is to be a public performer / world class pianist it's important that you learn as much as possible and as fast as possible. I just want to be a good player and have some beautiful pieces under my fingertips.

I feel it's important that practicing always be something enjoyable and never a chore. Music is so beautiful and making it into just another routine to get through is a terrible thing. I do hear where you guys are coming from, but I can't really relate. I suppose if I could learn a new piece in just a couple weeks I might be willing to cut out the playing of stuff I already know and just get the new stuff. But since my learning is so slow, I may as well enjoy myself. smile
♪ > $

#1813877 - 12/28/11 03:35 PM Re: What are you practicing? [Re: Hermanberntzen]
ChopinAddict Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Land of the never-ending music
Yesterday I played a lot of Debussy (in particular Claire de Lune), in the past few days I played in particular Beethoven's Op.27 No.1 and 2 (complete). + Some technical exercises (my way to start the day with energy ha)!

Music is my best friend.

#1813879 - 12/28/11 03:37 PM Re: What are you practicing? [Re: Hermanberntzen]
Kuanpiano Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Canada
Liszt's 1st concerto...so many cadenzas....and octaves....ughh.

At least I have a while to learn it, so it's not all bad laugh.
Franck - Violin Sonata

#1813880 - 12/28/11 03:47 PM Re: What are you practicing? [Re: Hermanberntzen]
Brad Hoehne Offline

@SirSardonic, I just looked at your channel on YouTube and, holey moley (!!), you've only been playing for a year-ish? The pieces are certainly not technically perfect, but you've developed a heck of a lot of technique for so little study time. I started as a youngster, and I haven't worked up to that sort of finger-work level yet. I want a cup of whatever protein shake you're drinking every morning.

Currently working on:
Chopin Nocturne op 37 #2

#1813886 - 12/28/11 03:58 PM Re: What are you practicing? [Re: Hermanberntzen]
Sam Rose Offline
500 Post Club Member

Thanks Brad laugh

The encouragement is much appreciated. No protein shake in the morning; I'm not much of a morning person and I sleep in far too much.

The technique in my videos is pretty bad, but those were all taken before starting lessons, and I'm already playing much better with just slight changes (sitting up straight, relaxing shoulders instead of holding them up, which I was doing a lot of subconsciously, etc.) we've worked on over the two lessons I have had so far. In the Fantaisie Impromptu video, my fingers are doing all the work instead of my arms, due to that tension. Hopefully it will continue to get better, because this is my favorite hobby I've had so far (and I've had a LOT of hobbies).

Edited by Sam Rose (12/28/11 03:59 PM)
♪ > $

#1813994 - 12/28/11 06:32 PM Re: What are you practicing? [Re: liszt85]
stores Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Loc: Here, as opposed to there
... I waste a lot of time playing through what I've already learned just because it sounds good. :P

At least you realize what you're doing and that's a good thing. It's something that most everyone does until they realize how much time they HAVE wasted that they'll never get back and more importantly they learn HOW to utilize their practice time. I learned the first ballade when I was 15 or 16 while at Interlochen for the summer and I remember being guilty of the same thing. I'd play so many areas (especially the last few pages) repeatedly, because I loved hearing it and then I heard someone (I can't remember who now) play the ballade as part of a recital and remember thinking that I needed to do a LOT of work! That summer I learned a lot about practicing and how to efficiently use my time.

"And if we look at the works of J.S. Bach — a benevolent god to which all musicians should offer a prayer to defend themselves against mediocrity... -Debussy

"It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right."

♪ ≠ $

#1814136 - 12/28/11 10:45 PM Re: What are you practicing? [Re: stores]
liszt85 Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: stores
... I waste a lot of time playing through what I've already learned just because it sounds good. :P

At least you realize what you're doing and that's a good thing. It's something that most everyone does until they realize how much time they HAVE wasted that they'll never get back and more importantly they learn HOW to utilize their practice time. I learned the first ballade when I was 15 or 16 while at Interlochen for the summer and I remember being guilty of the same thing. I'd play so many areas (especially the last few pages) repeatedly, because I loved hearing it and then I heard someone (I can't remember who now) play the ballade as part of a recital and remember thinking that I needed to do a LOT of work! That summer I learned a lot about practicing and how to efficiently use my time.

Yep, I'm fully aware of it. I now need to put my words/thoughts to action and that's the difficult part (but I'm sure its just some kind of Psychological block and once I get over it, it should become routine and should feel natural).
Next in line:

#1814181 - 12/29/11 12:41 AM Re: What are you practicing? [Re: Hermanberntzen]
AnDieMusik Offline

liszt85, I have the same problem, though I would attribute it to my state of mind. I have a very hard time focusing my attention on learning a new piece; it's really hard for me. It's so much easier for me to play through pieces I already know, so that is what I normally do. There are days when I can get down to business, and I'm extremely productive on these days. Ughh, if I could only magically turn my brain on to this mode whenever I wanted; I would progress so much faster. It doesn't help that I haven't had lessons in about 1 1/2 years due to going away for school. I find I am much more dedicated when taking lessons.

Anyways, I have been working on:

Bach's Prelude and Fugue in F-Sharp major bwv 858. This is my first prelude and fugue (I have learned some preludes before, but never a fugue (very daunting, but extremely exciting)). I find I have the hardest time memorizing Bach compared to any other composer; I can see that the fugue is going to take me a while. By the way I absolutely LOVE this piece!

Scriabin Op. 11 no. 11. This piece is sort of a guilty pleasure of mine (definitely out of the range of my technical ability). About a year ago I heard it for the first time and was completely taken away. I had never heard anything like this coming from a piano; it's so beautiful. I tried it back then but there was noooo way. I found the sheet music about a month ago and decided to try it again, and to my surprise I could see it being a possibility. I now have it memorized and am just working on playing it better. I'm actually very happy with how it is going; it's very rewarding. This is my favorite recording I have yet to hear (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHO4Ucw9zL4). In this video she plays many pieces, but it is conveniently the first one! A bit off topic, but his Op. 11 no. 15 in D-Flat major is incredible too. I highly suggest you guys check it out if you're not familiar with it. This is coming from someone who thinks baroque<classical<<<romantic. There is just something about these pieces.

Scarlatti K 119 sonata in D major. Similar to the Scriabin as in the first time I heard it I was completely enamored. If anyone is interested, here is the recording I listened to when I heard it for the first time (it's still my favorite): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiebZLfvIhA.

These are the three main pieces I am working on. Unfortunately, I also mess around with a bunch of other pieces (I just can't help it-there is so much good music out there). I say unfortunately because I think this is one of the reasons why I have such a hard time learning new material (all of the music I am working on is so overwhelming, and as a result I just revert back to playing pieces I already know).

#1814949 - 12/30/11 03:17 AM Re: What are you practicing? [Re: AnDieMusik]
Dachshund Offline

Loc: California
Originally Posted By: AnDieMusik
liszt85, I have the same problem, though I would attribute it to my state of mind. I have a very hard time focusing my attention on learning a new piece; it's really hard for me. It's so much easier for me to play through pieces I already know, so that is what I normally do.

I'm kind of the opposite. Once I finish a piece, I get kind of bored of it and stop playing it. I really like starting new pieces. That's why I don't have a very extensive repertoire.

-Will

#1817849 - 01/03/12 02:39 PM Re: What are you practicing? [Re: Hermanberntzen]
Orange Soda King Offline
6000 Post Club Member

Beethoven Pathetique middle movement. Here's some progress I've made:

http://www.box.com/s/dgrtjbusl4m5v2qnvuck

What do you guys think?

#1817863 - 01/03/12 02:53 PM Re: What are you practicing? [Re: Orange Soda King]
Hakki Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Beethoven Pathetique middle movement. Here's some progress I've made:

http://www.box.com/s/dgrtjbusl4m5v2qnvuck

What do you guys think?

I prefer a softer melody line.
You accent the melody line too much. I felt as if I am being slapped at the face.

regards,

http://www.youtube.com/user/hakkithepianist

#1817900 - 01/03/12 03:46 PM Re: What are you practicing? [Re: Hakki]
Orange Soda King Offline
6000 Post Club Member

My piano at my house is extremely tinny. I'm actually playing much softer than you think I am.

#1817913 - 01/03/12 04:07 PM Re: What are you practicing? [Re: Orange Soda King]
Hakki Offline
2000 Post Club Member

My piano at my house is extremely tinny. I'm actually playing much softer than you think I am.

It is not the quality of the sound I am referring to. But the initial attack that is present in the melody line.

It is just a guess but I feel as if you are hitting these notes with an increased finger velocity. Which in return gives them a brittle sound.

I would advice gradually sinking into the keys with a flexible up-down wrist/arm motion. This way you can achieve a rounder and fuller sound, but with less initial attack in the sound.

regards,

Edited by Hakki (01/03/12 04:08 PM)

http://www.youtube.com/user/hakkithepianist

#1817927 - 01/03/12 04:36 PM Re: What are you practicing? [Re: Hakki]
Orange Soda King Offline
6000 Post Club Member

I'm barely pushing down, my friend. If you could be in my house you would be very, very surprised. I promise you. I'm using my weight to slowly drop into the keys. "Attack" almost wouldn't even describe how I'm playing.

Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 11 >

Moderator:  Brendan, Kreisler 
What's Hot!!
Christmas Header
Christmas Lights at Piano World Headquarters in Maine 2014
-------------------
The December Free Piano Newsletter
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(ad) Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
Yamaha CP Music Rest Promo
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Bottom of hammer hitting top of damper on upright
by JoeThePro
12/21/14 10:09 PM
Getting better
by Kekewak
12/21/14 07:35 PM
Pearl River vs. Samick
by Zekk
12/21/14 03:41 PM
Kawai vs. Yamaha: what to choose
by SeeSharp
12/21/14 02:19 PM
Disklavier Pro Alternatives? C5X Value for money?
by bryan77
12/21/14 01:15 PM
Forum Stats
77391 Members
42 Forums
160048 Topics
2350379 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Gift Ideas for Music Lovers!
Find the Perfect Gift for the Music Lovers on your List!
Visit our online store today.

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission