Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 93 of 238 < 1 2 ... 91 92 93 94 95 ... 237 238 >
Topic Options
#1808884 - 12/19/11 07:45 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012

Loc: Minneapolis, MN

Good night Rossy. It's just about dinner time here. It's my turn to cook. Off I go to the kitchen!

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#1808924 - 12/19/11 10:03 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: griffin2417]
polyphasicpianist Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Sticking with the muppet theme

#1808961 - 12/20/11 12:07 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: griffin2417]
Little_Blue_Engine Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Ohio, US
Originally Posted By: griffin2417
Originally Posted By: Eglantine
There was a lovely documentary about George Harrison on BBC4 just a couple of weeks ago....

Great news about the harpsichord Eglantine! Your recollection of Michelle brought up some fond memories I have of that song. In fact, I kept humming it through the day as I did my house cleaning. Rather than subject you to my humming, this is for you! Enjoy!

My mom loved this song so much she put it on my birth certificate LOL! My husband made a slide show of pics of me as a little kid and he watches it with this playing. 2hearts One of the first songs I remember hearing on the radio (when I was 6 also, must be the magic age for paying attention) was "Island Girl" while we were on vacation riding through the desert in the middle of nowhere someplace out west in a brand new 1978 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale. I loved that car, my parents still had it after I was married and I used to borrow it when my car was getting worked on.

#1808983 - 12/20/11 01:13 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013

Loc: New Orleans
Hey everybody! Just checking in.

Aced my exam, crashed and burned for my first recital. I will spare you all the gory details. But they're both over, and for that I'm grateful.

Eglantine, 'round here BillyO separates his gazillion CDs by genre. Then it is alphabetized by artist, and then order of release by the artist. Of course, that is until I go poking around and mess it up.

Happy belated birthday Wayne(and Beethoven)!

Rossy, I would love to compete with you for the most posts on Christmas Day, but I'll be working. Hmm.. that should put me as a frontrunner. I will try to post before heading in.

Actually, we will be doing our Christmas dinner Wednesday. I still have to wait to open my presents until Christmas Day, though. Actually it will be more like 1:00am Christmas day, because I am like a small child (much like Recaredo) and need to see what I got immediately.

Cooking and performing, Griffin? Make them sing for their supper!

Hi to everybody else I missed! Great Muppet stuff. Anyone see the new movie?

Here's some belated Beethoven:

#1808986 - 12/20/11 01:16 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

hehehe speaking of Christmas Carols...

#1809044 - 12/20/11 04:48 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Eglantine Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 01 2013

Loc: Another Country
I think I'm with AimeeO's other half until "then order of release by the artist". That's a bit OTT.

Perhaps the broad categories will be
- classical
- rock and pop and folk and blues and soul: the '3 minute tune'
- contemporary and experimental: which ranges from modern jazz through to electronica via Harold Budd, Steve Reich, Eno, Krautrock etc.

In a way, it's an aid to others rather than me: 'cos some peeps are so compartmentalised and only like some particular kind of thing. And they have a heck of a time with my record collection.

As always, the difficult bits are around the boundaries.

#1809049 - 12/20/11 04:55 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: AimeeO]
1000 Post Club Member

Saw this and found it very informative, thought you guys might enjoy it.

That mailing address really works. When I was a kid I sent a letter to Santa and he replied back, can't remember what he said though. I think I have the letter stuffed in a box somewhere.

SANTA CLAUS
NORTH POLE H0H 0H0
CANADA

(Make sure, if you mail him, you put your return address on as well.)

But apparently Santa has kept up with the times and you can actually e-mail him:
http://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/personal/santa/writetosanta.jsf

Is it true that in Germany commercial use of Santa is prohibited by law? I heard this somewhere but I can't for the life of me remember where.

Here is some more christmas music to put us in the Christmas spirit.

#1809066 - 12/20/11 06:39 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Eglantine Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 01 2013

Loc: Another Country
PPP and AimeeO, I'm going to catch up with those vids shortly. Meantime, I've located the company bank account statements for 6 months that somehow went missing (misfiled! wasted half a day on that), and now I need to visit the charity shop that was supposed to do a pick-up of stuff yesterday that is currently populating the garden, but they didn't... Just had a quick chat with my gran, in Spain. Boy is she going downhill... I'll be there shortly. I don't think I ever want to be where she is now (mentally)...

Here's Highway to H*ll. Bon Scott died about 100 yards from my house, probably of hypothermia (overnight 'sleeping it off' in a car in the next street), many winters ago. He was somewhat the worse for wear after a night out at what is currently Koko in Mornington Crescent, which I've been walking past every day for the last two weeks:

Never, ever, leave anybody in a car asleep in a UK winter.

Edited by Eglantine (12/20/11 06:39 AM)

#1809086 - 12/20/11 07:57 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Good morning everyone! These posts are certainly helping me get into the holiday spirit. Rossy, I've figured I can definitely squeeze in some Christmas Day posts as long as it doesn't all have to be all holiday music.

The weather in Minneapolis is really weird for this year. There is no snow on the ground. If we get any snow at all this Christmas (which is unlikely), it will probably melt quickly because it's too warm!! I'm used to seeing lots of snow and cold weather at this time of the year. I noticed that Becca lives in Thunder Bay, Canada which borders my home state to the north. Perhaps she will let us know if they are expecting a white Christmas.

As for me, this Christmas song is about the best I'll be able to do for a white Christmas.

#1809088 - 12/20/11 08:10 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
BeccaBb Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Thunder Bay, On Canada

Our weather is not much better here! We have about 2inches of snow on the ground and we will be lucky if we get that amount by Christmas here. It's a very warm winter. Blah! Let it SNOW!!!!!

Floundering and Lost
Roland RD300NX

#1809386 - 12/20/11 04:12 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Sheffield UK
Evening all smile

(thnx AimeeO)

I never heard this before............. enjoy!

#1809403 - 12/20/11 04:34 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

next.. Boney M wink

#1809405 - 12/20/11 04:35 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lost in cyberspace.in the UK.
ROSSYS THREAD MASCOT IS COMING WITHIN THE NEXT HOUR!!!!

Evening dudes and dudettes....

Edited by Rostosky (12/20/11 04:36 PM)

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project

#1809428 - 12/20/11 05:01 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Lol, I'm guessin' a RossySkull?

#1809446 - 12/20/11 05:15 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

No Wayne, hand on I am just downloading a video of our new mascot to youtube... it came from the charity shop today and cost 1.79 but its ace.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

#1809461 - 12/20/11 05:35 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

HERE YOU GO DUDES AND DUDETTES , I GIVE YOU "ALEISTER CROWEY" and hope he will become this threads mascot..

#1809471 - 12/20/11 05:49 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: wayne33yrs]
griffin2417 Offline

Wonderful posts Wayne! Thanks. thumb

#1809472 - 12/20/11 05:51 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

griffin DID you miss the Thread mascot video I just made?

#1809482 - 12/20/11 06:01 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Aleister will not be ignored griffin!!! I made this video to show you our proposed new mascot for our thread....
He will appear at random.

#1809536 - 12/20/11 07:25 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Southeast of Spain
I like the new mascot. I hope he can speak some day! It’ll be interesting to know his opinions smile

My website

#1809546 - 12/20/11 08:05 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Rostosky
Aleister will not be ignored griffin!!! I made this video to show you our proposed new mascot for our thread....

I can't wait to read the YouTube posts on this.

And now, some music. Ladies and Gentleman a man who needs no introduction

(I actually find this song mind-numbingly banal and nothing special about his voice or singing style; nonetheless, I am still oddly transfixed)

#1809621 - 12/20/11 10:24 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
BeccaBb Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Thunder Bay, On Canada
I am still unsure of what to say of the mascot.. he/she is um...err.. uhhh.. interesting.. yeah that's it! wink

Floundering and Lost
Roland RD300NX

#1809711 - 12/21/11 12:13 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Originally Posted By: Rostosky

Sorry for the delayed response Rossy. I had to leave work for an event right after work and didn't see your posts.

As for the proposed new mascot (GULP!!!). S/He doesn't look too friendly. Those eyes creep me out. Perhaps it's an acquired taste that might grow on me. However, while said mascot finally sat quietly in the chair, the sign said it was only for you or lap dancers. Said mascot needs some lap dancing lessons for the privilege of sitting in your chair.

#1809755 - 12/21/11 01:57 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

Rossy, BillyO asked that I pass this along:

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Caw.

#1809757 - 12/21/11 02:03 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

#1809811 - 12/21/11 07:04 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

AimeeO ! could you let BillyO know he is totally correct ,,lol most excellent.

I love this thread so much, everyone who comes here shares their love of music and there has been no arguing about anything at all which is just magic...

It would appear that the success of this thread has "spawned" an imitation thread, and as they say:
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery....

I do feel honoured about that, and must now endeavour to keep the sheer amusement quality and communal spirit of this thread nulli secondus.

Aleister is pleased to be the mascot.

#1809816 - 12/21/11 07:26 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Good morning Rossy! I'm not usually here quite so early. However, I have to leave for work a little earlier today, and I'm not much of an early bird. speaking of birds, is our new mascot Aleister an early bird? smile

Aimee, loved that post! Glad to see you back.

Good morning everyone. I love to start my day with a few posts. I'll be back very shortly with a few things to share.

#1809833 - 12/21/11 08:13 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Yesterday I couldn't respond to Rossy's request for my thoughts about our new mascot, Aleister. Why? Because I was being treated to a wonderful birthday dinner by two dear friends. It's a tradition we've shared for 22 years celebrating each birthday with dinner at a restaurant of our choice. As it turns out the restaurant I chose was offering some special selections in observance of Chanukah, in addition to its standard selections. I was quite pleased with the lamb vindaloo that I had for my very first Chanukah dinner, followed by the flourless chocolate torte! Yummy!!

The Chanukah dinner was a reminder of the many celebrations that happen in December in addition to my birthday. For instance I celebrate Kwanzaa, an African American 7-day celebration which starts on December 26. I have a nice Kwanzaa song that I'll share when Kwanzaa starts.

Here is a traditional Channaka song I found that I liked enough to share with you.

#1809836 - 12/21/11 08:27 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Who says you can't put a little Boogie Woogie and fun in your Chanukah music? Check this out!

#1809840 - 12/21/11 08:52 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

My final post today is also a special thank you to my two friends who treated me to dinner last night. Thanks Paula and Peggy for our friendship that has continued for 22 years, and we're still going strong!

Here is Tracy Chapman's performance of "Stand by Me."

Have a great day everyone! I'm off to work.

Page 93 of 238 < 1 2 ... 91 92 93 94 95 ... 237 238 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
European Piano Party 2014, Picts & Stories! (Piano Party in Portugal)
-------------------
75,000 Members and Growing!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
(ad) Purely Piano Practice Software
Purely Piano Practice Software
(ad) Piano Guide Lessons
Piano Guide Lessons
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
65 registered (AZNpiano, Belen, AndrewAJC, 18 invisible), 1171 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75369 Members
42 Forums
155822 Topics
2288125 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Theoretical tuning sequence
by DoelKees
Today at 01:01 AM
It's will never emit sounds again
by Maximillyan
Yesterday at 11:24 PM
yamaha finish
by johnfin
Yesterday at 10:21 PM
Advice on best way to structure my practicing...
by MZCT
Yesterday at 09:03 PM
How important are the wheels for you?
by doremi
Yesterday at 06:46 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission