2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
62 members (Barly, bobrunyan, brennbaer, 1200s, 36251, benkeys, 20/20 Vision, anotherscott, bcalvanese, 8 invisible), 1,776 guests, and 307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#1812474 12/26/11 06:08 AM
OP Offline
James,

Would've done this via PM, but you're over the limit on those, re a "stern warning" that I saw on that topic. LOL!

Tell me, please, (as a member of this forum and not as one who works at Kawai)... someone on the forum mentioned a DP seen at this link

http://www.kawaius.com/main_links/digital/CN_2010/cl_26-info.html

and I wondered what you could tell me of that unit, pro and con. It's appreciated; 'tis a Kawai dealer in my state, tho' I don't think he stocks said model.

Thanks,
--Pat / diehard 60s-70s music fan.
"Real music, for real people." ;-)

* Currently, the new kid's using hand-me down Radio Shack junker - it was free, and OK, for this beginner; but, at a later date, there may come a time when something a tad better will be in order. This unit falls within a price range, that may be obtainable, when ready for a move upward.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Good evening Pat,

Originally Posted by 6070sMusic
James,

Would've done this via PM, but you're over the limit on those, re a "stern warning" that I saw on that topic. LOL!

Yes, sorry about that - I try to stay under the 200 message limit, but must have exceeded it over the past few days.

[quote=6070sMusic]Tell me, please, (as a member of this forum and not as one who works at Kawai)... someone on the forum mentioned a DP seen at this link

http://www.kawaius.com/main_links/digital/CN_2010/cl_26-info.html

and I wondered what you could tell me of that unit, pro and con. It's appreciated; 'tis a Kawai dealer in my state, tho' I don't think he stocks said model.

Well, the CL26 is Kawai's entry-level digital piano, and therefore the least expensive model currently available. This instrument utilises the AHA IV-F keyboard action used in previous generation CN models, and Harmonic Imaging sound technology, with 88-key sampling. The CL26 is unlikely to challenge the more expensive CN or CA models in terms of playing realism or sonic fidelity, but for folks looking for an entry level digital piano that isn't a Casio Privia, it's actually quite a nice alternative.

Of course, the usual recommendations of playing testing the instrument (along with a handful of other similarly priced models from different manufacturers...) still applies. Please do try using the dealer locator on the Kawai US website to find a store in your area, and if your unable to find this particular model, drop my colleagues in the US office a line.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
OP Offline
James,

Good of you to reply so quickly and, yes, information provided does help. We do have a Kawai dealer in the state, about 80 mi. from where I sit. ;-)

Current "junker" - suitable for a newbie - has what I'd term "organ keys" feel but in part due to having played nothing else, hard to say what I want as for the key feel. Indeed, "laying of the hands" on a keyboard before buying will stand as sage advice, as always. ;-)

Have in some regards, thought of perhaps a synth as that may be more in line with my "bad taste" in 60s/70s music, but I'd best learn a smidge of actual playing before investing in anything pricier than a freebie. ;-) I can say that I would want decent piano sound, for old gems like "Wildfire" and "Too late to turn back now," and certain Mitch Ryder songs. My boy, my boy... as Elvis once said.

Whatever the case, there does come a time, when one would like something of quality on which to learn.

Thanks,
--Pat

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,194
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission