Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 10 of 17 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16 17 >
Topic Options
#1893082 - 05/07/12 05:55 PM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: JimF]
casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
Originally Posted By: JimF
Alas, Cheryl, I've got to ask you to ding me for Saturday and Sunday, May 5 and 6. Mrs.F and I were aboard a little cruise to the Bahamas and I couldn't find a way to practice. Listened to lots of great piano work by a talented jazz soloist who treated me to all my favorite old standards. Unfortunately, his piano had a big "do not touch" sign on it so I refrained from the "sneak in at 5am" routine that I had in Vegas last year.

Oh, well. I was back on the bench a few hours after we returned to port this morning.

Jim

Consider yourself dinged! Sounds like you and Mrs. F had a lovely time! Welcome back!

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#1893093 - 05/07/12 06:27 PM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: casinitaly]
Eglantine Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 01 2013

Loc: Another Country
I may have to miss some days this week owing to working hours on new client project. I think it's going to be work, sleep and eat only (although I hope not).

#1893280 - 05/08/12 02:15 AM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: Eglantine]
casinitaly Offline

Originally Posted By: Eglantine
I may have to miss some days this week owing to working hours on new client project. I think it's going to be work, sleep and eat only (although I hope not).

Good luck with the project - hope you don't miss any days! Let us know at the end of the week.

#1893521 - 05/08/12 01:23 PM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: casinitaly]
Lyn in AZ Offline

Loc: Arizona USA
I'm going to be gone from May 10th to the 27th our youngest granddaughter is graduating. These will be the first days I've missed since the first of January. I really feel like I'm improving - so much so that I uprgraded from my 76 key keyboard to a digital piano! yippie

Thanks for helping me to keep on track.

#1893628 - 05/08/12 05:06 PM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: Lyn in AZ]
casinitaly Offline

Originally Posted By: Lyn in AZ
I'm going to be gone from May 10th to the 27th our youngest granddaughter is graduating. These will be the first days I've missed since the first of January. I really feel like I'm improving - so much so that I uprgraded from my 76 key keyboard to a digital piano! yippie

Thanks for helping me to keep on track.

We're all in it together, helping each other Lyn!
What a lovely reason to be away from your piano time! Congratulations to your granddaughter!
And congrats to you on your improvements and your upgrade!

#1893647 - 05/08/12 05:30 PM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: casinitaly]
BeccaBb Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Thunder Bay, On Canada
Hiya Cas. Can I be excused for today and possibly tomorrow? Work has foobared my hands. I can barely hold my tea cup or move the mouse. (typing is heck even.) I need a few days to let them heal up. I think I just overdid it or something and my carpal tunnel is on the rampage.

Thanks... I'll post back when I can use them again.

Floundering and Lost
Roland RD300NX

#1893656 - 05/08/12 05:36 PM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: BeccaBb]
casinitaly Offline

Originally Posted By: BeccaBb
Hiya Cas. Can I be excused for today and possibly tomorrow? Work has foobared my hands. I can barely hold my tea cup or move the mouse. (typing is heck even.) I need a few days to let them heal up. I think I just overdid it or something and my carpal tunnel is on the rampage.

Thanks... I'll post back when I can use them again.

Ciao BeccaBb,sorry to hear you're in pain. I hear you. I've had too much computer time this past week too and I feel it.
(not as much as you are though!!!)

I'll put you out today and tomorrow, just update me when you're back and I'll fill in any days as necessary.
Take care!

#1894152 - 05/09/12 12:48 PM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: casinitaly]
BeccaBb Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Thunder Bay, On Canada
Thank you Cas. My hand is a bit better today (I can type!) so I'm going to practice lightly today. I will not overdo it. smile

Last night I got the worst cramp ever in my right hand. It lasted about an hour and then just trailed off.... it feels better today but still I will be cautious. So back to it!

Floundering and Lost
Roland RD300NX

#1894286 - 05/09/12 04:54 PM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: BeccaBb]
casinitaly Offline

Originally Posted By: BeccaBb
Thank you Cas. My hand is a bit better today (I can type!) so I'm going to practice lightly today. I will not overdo it. smile

Last night I got the worst cramp ever in my right hand. It lasted about an hour and then just trailed off.... it feels better today but still I will be cautious. So back to it!

Becca - glad you're feeling better, but it sounds like you really need to take it easy.

Maybe do some massage of your arm - play with only left hand for a few days, and really really cut back on how much time you spend at the piano. If you're feeling tension at all when you are playing try to focus on relaxing when you play.
Check out if there are adjustments you can make to keep your arm relaxed when working at the computer.
I realized well after I had a serious problem than 85% of my problem was from the computer and playing the piano aggravated the problem. Fixed the computer problem and then had to heal and fix the piano problem too.

Be careful!

#1896261 - 05/13/12 04:10 PM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: casinitaly]
Eglantine Offline

In the end I only missed Saturday this week, owing to a conference, but made up time on other days.

Take it easy, Becca!

#1896272 - 05/13/12 04:31 PM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: Eglantine]
casinitaly Offline

Originally Posted By: Eglantine
In the end I only missed Saturday this week, owing to a conference, but made up time on other days.

Take it easy, Becca!

Great, thanks for the update!

#1896290 - 05/13/12 05:14 PM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: casinitaly]
IreneAdler Offline

Loc: Washington

I missed almost all of last week the 4th to the 11th as I was sick with a nasty flu, but I am back now trying to make up for the lost practice time.

#1896293 - 05/13/12 05:20 PM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: IreneAdler]
casinitaly Offline

Originally Posted By: IreneAdler

I missed almost all of last week the 4th to the 11th as I was sick with a nasty flu, but I am back now trying to make up for the lost practice time.

Glad you are feeling better!

#1898191 - 05/16/12 06:24 PM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: casinitaly]
LizAnne Offline

Hi. I will need to be excused until Sunday (19th). I'm off to a conference and sadly a piano is not among the hotel room amenities.

#1898417 - 05/17/12 02:38 AM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: LizAnne]
casinitaly Offline

Originally Posted By: LizAnne
Hi. I will need to be excused until Sunday (19th). I'm off to a conference and sadly a piano is not among the hotel room amenities.

Done! Safe Travels!

#1900455 - 05/20/12 09:05 PM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: casinitaly]
FarmGirl Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 02 2013

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
I am sitting in a plane going to Salt Lake City again. So I may not practice one whole week again (sigh).
Solo - Rachmaninoff Elegie Op 3 #1, Schumann Op 12 Warum and Grillen and Mozart K 475 Fantasy C minor
Collaboration - Concerto in C for Oboe and orchestra attributed to Haydn edited by Evelyn Rosewell

#1900567 - 05/21/12 02:12 AM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: FarmGirl]
casinitaly Offline

Originally Posted By: FarmGirl
I am sitting in a plane going to Salt Lake City again. So I may not practice one whole week again (sigh).

After all the work you've been putting in on your pieces, what a shame!!! Let me know when you get back... who knows? There may be a piano available to you at the hotel.

Have a good week.

#1900582 - 05/21/12 03:39 AM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: casinitaly]
Eglantine Offline

Farmgirl, I read your first sentence as "I am singing in a plane"!! Too early in the morning!

#1900586 - 05/21/12 04:17 AM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: casinitaly]
casinitaly Offline

Now I have that music in my head...."I'm singing in a play, just singing, in a plane, what a glorious feeling, I'm ....flying again! " lol...

#1903412 - 05/26/12 10:33 AM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: casinitaly]
Lyn in AZ Offline

Loc: Arizona USA
We got home earlier than we had planned - didn't want to be on the road over the memorial day weekend.
So I'm back home and started playing yesterday.

#1903418 - 05/26/12 10:55 AM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: Lyn in AZ]
casinitaly Offline

Originally Posted By: Lyn in AZ
We got home earlier than we had planned - didn't want to be on the road over the memorial day weekend.
So I'm back home and started playing yesterday.

Welcome back! Have fun playing!

#1903534 - 05/26/12 03:47 PM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: casinitaly]
JimF Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: south florida
Hi Cheryl,

Forgot that I needed to ask you to put me on the excused list for May 21 and 22. A quick post-recital jaunt to Disney and Universal didn't offer up any piano opportunities. But the practice routine is back now that I've retruned to the land of the Muggles.

Jim

Estonia L190 #7284

#1903768 - 05/27/12 05:06 AM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: casinitaly]
casinitaly Offline

Disney, Muggles...you've mixed your fanstasy genres wink - ah no, it is all magic, isn't it? smile

#1904111 - 05/27/12 08:01 PM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: casinitaly]
happykah Offline

Loc: SE USA
Late to the party, but sign me up!
Sacred Silhouettes

#1904234 - 05/28/12 02:20 AM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: happykah]
casinitaly Offline

Originally Posted By: happykah
Late to the party, but sign me up!

Welcome Happykah!

#1904292 - 05/28/12 08:16 AM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: casinitaly]
JimF Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: south florida
Quote:
Disney and Universal didn't ......

something new in orlando

Edited by JimF (05/28/12 08:23 AM)

Estonia L190 #7284

#1904305 - 05/28/12 08:53 AM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: JimF]
casinitaly Offline

Originally Posted By: JimF
Quote:
Disney and Universal didn't ......

something new in orlando

Ah! I missed that you had also said Universal.

We just saw an add for "Harry Potter world" Europe on a dvd that we watched last night. It looks like loads of fun!
...but no pianos!

#1904927 - 05/29/12 09:15 AM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: casinitaly]
WiseBuff Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Brighton Colorado
It's a beautiful day in Colorado...Friday June 1 Until June 9th I'll be in Washington DC...half Teaching Professor Conference and half vacation. I'm taking some music but doubt there will be a piano. I'll see if the rollup fits in my suitcase. I've downloaded a piano book on playing for pleasure to my Kindle so I can read something piano related while I'm out. I get back on Saturday and then take off again the next week to go to Pittsburgh for an Ethics conference. THEN I'm home for the summer.

Love to learn

#1904930 - 05/29/12 09:25 AM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: WiseBuff]
casinitaly Offline

Originally Posted By: WiseBuff
It's a beautiful day in Colorado...Friday June 1 Until June 9th I'll be in Washington DC...half Teaching Professor Conference and half vacation. I'm taking some music but doubt there will be a piano. I'll see if the rollup fits in my suitcase. I've downloaded a piano book on playing for pleasure to my Kindle so I can read something piano related while I'm out. I get back on Saturday and then take off again the next week to go to Pittsburgh for an Ethics conference. THEN I'm home for the summer.

So you are out June 1-9, then 11-15?
Glad you're having a beautiful day.The sun is shining here too!

#1904967 - 05/29/12 10:31 AM Re: MOYD 2012 [Re: casinitaly]
WiseBuff Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Brighton Colorado
Yeah...Cas it may be less than that but I'll let you know if I end up playing on travel days.

Love to learn

Page 10 of 17 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16 17 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Fulfillment- a story in episodes:
by PhilipInChina
Today at 12:44 AM
First time digital piano buyer
by Frames
Yesterday at 10:58 PM
Yamaha U3 - How old is too old?
by Yekul
Yesterday at 09:53 PM
Digital Vs. Acoustic is apples and oranges so far
by harpon
Yesterday at 08:40 PM
the sound of unrestored Erards
by Michael Sayers
Yesterday at 08:34 PM
Who's Online
60 registered (ando, Alan_Dublin, alfredo capurso, 0987654321, 14 invisible), 1021 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76657 Members
42 Forums
158500 Topics
2327697 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission