2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
39 members (Andre Fadel, BWV846, Animisha, alexcomoda, benkeys, Burkhard, 20/20 Vision, 11 invisible), 1,180 guests, and 317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 246 of 370 1 2 244 245 246 247 248 369 370
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
PJ, that was a very evocative piece of music, but I don’t get why you could offend someone with this hymn.

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Good morning everyone! I am enjoying all of these wonderful postings. I realized I'll need to finishnlistening to all of them a bit later. Otherwise, I'll never get around to doing my own postings this morning.

Richard, the Gershwin pieces are marvelous. I don't think we've had any Gershwin posted here. It also reminded me of a French composer I understand admired Gershwin's music, Maurice Ravel.

Here is American concert pianist Leon Bates performing Ravel's "Sonatine" Movement 3 - Anime

Last edited by griffin2417; 05/06/12 10:57 AM.

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

I don't even remember what I was originally researching when I came across this wonderful music by Italian composer, Francesco Geminiani. Here is "Concerto Grosso, Opus 3, No. 3 in E Minor." It is performed by the King's Consort.

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

My next select is the first movement of Beethoven's "Piano Sonata No 32 in C Minor op.111". It is performed by Claudio Arrau.

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
My final selection is a lovely arrangement of the traditional hymn, "Abide With Me." It is performed by the Nathaniel Dett Chorale based in Toronto.

I'm looking forward to listening to all of your postings, and will check in later today. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

Last edited by griffin2417; 05/06/12 11:13 AM.

Carl

P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by Recaredo
PJ, that was a very evocative piece of music, but I don’t get why you could offend someone with this hymn.

Hmmm..I've run into people offended with this music and it's religious implications, but you're right. so what! It's beautiful....

I don't care too much for money. For money can't buy me love.
-the Beatles

Silver Supporter until Jan 01 2013
500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
Hi all,

Thanks for the Dvorak, Recaredo. I didn't know it.

VegasE, I didn't know Vine at all. And didn't know the Glass violin concerto either. Thanks.

I'm going to have to reboot the old 'puter before I can listen to any more - it's running on empty at the moment...

I've just spent another hour on the John Blow Ground. Boy is it challenging (for me)... And then ordered a CD replacement (of old vinyl) for Faure's Requiem, and for his Pelleas et Melisande and the Masques et Bergamasques suite. I've always loved these so much, so it makes sense having them on CD.

Currently working on: F. Couperin - Preludes & Sweelinck - Fantasia Chromatica
J.S. Bach, Einaudi, Purcell, Froberger, Croft, Blow, Frescobaldi, Glass, Couperin
1930s upright (piano) & single manual William Foster (harpsichord)
[Linked Image]

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
The John Blow Ground (G minor) is the first of the two in this recording by Timothy Roberts, which illustrates the use of RH rubato in early Baroque keyboard:

(I think I'll have to worry about the RH rubato once I've got all the ornaments at sorted :-/)

You'll notice that the LH has a passacaglia pattern, with a series of descending notes that then repeat throughout the piece. Only - unlike Purcell's grounds - Blow does not exactly repeat in the bass, but has variations in the LH too.

J.S. Bach, Einaudi, Purcell, Froberger, Croft, Blow, Frescobaldi, Glass, Couperin
[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Anyone else in the mood for some Wagner?

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
Great stuff PPP. Yes!

Y'know, I might - for the first time in my life - just go and buy some Wagner. Does that mean I'm having a mid-life crisis? (see other thread)

Thanks for the Geminiani, Griffin.

[Linked Image]
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
I wonder just where old Rossy has been? ( I dont hear you wondering out loud) has he had some sort of horrendous genital accident that has left him unable to father any more mutoid babies maybe?

Or ; He has been away ages and maybe he has been abducted by the little grey probers, i dont hear you worry.

Or: maybe he got arrested for speaking his mind in a public place within forty miles of the olympic stadium, I dont hear you stessing over.

Or; maybe he has spontaneously combusted , i dont hear your fears.

Anyways, hya dudes and dudetts I still love you all to death, and that love is of course not conditional on you loving me back. ( thank F*** I hear you say now)

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by Rostosky
I wonder just where old Rossy has been? ( I dont hear you wondering out loud) , i dont hear your fears.

Anyways, hya dudes and dudetts I still love you all to death, and that love is of course not conditional on you loving me back. ( thank F*** I hear you say now)

I missed you, Rossy! cry

And I'm glad you're back (sorry you couldn't hear my fears smile ).

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Rossy!! Dude, I know you heard me!! I was not about to go into the range of possibilities of what MIGHT have happened to you. My imagination can run wild! Thanks for not making me have to go there. laugh

Carl

V
V
Rossy, you're back just in time for some Prince!!

Prince fever starting up this week over here. First show on Friday night.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Rossy's back! And here I was fearing you were kidnapped the way Wayne was!

Welcome back! And good morning everyone...

I'm still here just lurking (reading) for a bit....

Becca
Began: 01-12-11
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Roland RD300NX
Gold Subscriber
Gold Subscriber
I thought maybe you didn't like us anymore, Rossy. Maybe you think we've strayed too far from the original "Royalist" topic. I guess I have because I don't know what a Royalist is! If you could describe one in great detail, I'll see if I can find any American examples.

Is Wayne with you? I noticed it has been some months since he's been here. I hope all is well on his end.

Richard, I especially like Gershwin's Prelude II. I'd love to be able to play it.

VegasE -- I first saw the Glass orchestra on Saturday Night Live years ago. I wish I could remember what they played because it was beautiful.

Recaredo, I'd not heard that Dvorak either. Now I'll have to find some more to hear -- that was really, really beautiful. Is he the one who wrote the New World Symphony (or something like that). I heard that performed by a local orchestra last year I think.

PJ -- I have always avoided Andre Rieu on PBS (his shows will be on nightly for days on end it seems) but wow, that Amazing Grace was just wonderful. Was that maybe an Irish Tin Whistle? And I'm the only one I know who loves bagpipes and combined with an orchestra, well, it just sent chills down my back!

Griffin, I love all your music. I think we grew up in the same era or else you're a young Old Soul. I think we might be soulmates. Don't tell anyone, can we just keep it our secret?

Ok, gotta get back to work now. I just wanted to let everyone know how much I've enjoyed your music this weekend.

Sandy

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
Rossy, I was toying with the idea of launching a 'Where is Wossy' appeal on national television...and then realised there was already one of those Wossys on teevee.

[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I’m late but I wanted to thank you all for those fantastic Sunday posts.

Yes Sandy, you're right, Dvorak also composed the “New World Symphony”, he wrote a huge catalogue of amazing works.

Glad to see you back, Rossy!

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Good morning everyone! I'm also late getting back to you on all of those fantastic Sunday postings. I'm still listening to them, and enjoying everything I've heard so far. Rossy, it's good to see you are back.

I'm still trying to catch on many things that had to be delayed because of the cough that still hasn't completely gone away. However, it has gotten much better and my energy is almost back to 100 percent!

Sandy, I am definitely a "Child of the 60s". I only have time for one posting today. If you enjoy the tunes I post, this one will be quite familiar to you. It's certainly from my growing up years!

Enjoy, and have a great day everyone!

"While My Guitar Gently Weeps" performed by the Beetles

Last edited by griffin2417; 05/08/12 07:59 AM.

Carl

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
A very big heartfelt thank you to all whom have expressed concern at my recent absence.

I feel it only fair and proper and fitting to offer a truthfull yet highly detailed account of my recent whereabouts and will therefore break the confidence of the cult of "Woo Woo" to explain just what happened.

As usual I was just minding my own business and meandering through life in my customery haphazard way when all of a sudden and without warning I was abducted by the cult of "Woo Woo"

I suppose a little background information on the woo woo cult may be enlightening to those not in the know ( no need to feel insecure about your inteligence levels, as only thirteen people in the whole universe know everything about the woo woo cult and six of those folk are now undergoing intense psychological tests and will be on psychotropic medication for the rest of their limited life)

Anyways, the woo woo cult is a sort of mixture of everything, the members use dowsing rods to locate vunerable potential new recruits, and then pendulems to subdue the target victim into a coma for transportation to Hungary where they are locked behind a massive medieval wooden fortress for a lengthy indoctrination process.

The first thing the new recruit/ victim experiences is being waken at dawn by folk hanging various crystals over them and chanting alleged healing incantations in an attempt to drive out all the anxieties and bad karma you have accrued in your life through not being a perfect individual, also if you have any hurt in you or pain the quartz crystal soaks it up and stores it up untill it can be released into a recyclable toilet roll middle taped at the ends with symbols and charms to keep it from harming dwarves.

You are not allowed tea OR coffee, instead you are given "Homeopathic tea" What is this? i hear you ask.

well the woo woo folk run a big bath of water that they put you in with a single tea bag, and you are meant to imbibe the tea through your skin in a homepathic way, I hated it and can honestly say Homeopathic tea is not for me, as you may imagine, i complained bitterly and in a way that jeesus would not like, and as a result i got beaten by the elders.

All though the cult burns incense all day long to gain access to a higher source of knowledge, I personally was made to smoke outside which irked me when it as raining, and it rains a lot in Hungary allmost all of the time. when i suggested this may be gods punishment I was beaten again with ritual candles which hurt as they are made of enviromentally friendly materials which also make it difficult for outsiders to ridicule the cult as they can claim "green" and "PC" as evidence of their legitimacy.

In music they use only a three note scale which is much much worse than bagpipe music which boasts another two (allthough that doesnt really help .)

Anyways the notes are F# , Gb, and Abb, so as you may imagine again, as this is played constantly during the indoctrination process at volume , one soon begins to lose the will to live and becomes more receptive to the demands of the woo woo cult.

Tommorrow,
I will explain the aims of the cult and how the secretive all knowing leader who is website shy has plans to detune everyone from concert pitch to around A=320 cycle per second so that they cannot vibrate properly any more, or use vibrating equipment in their workplace or even personal private life, nuff said there.

Also I will explain how a group from this cult allmost fooled me by using honey trap girls that emerged from toilets unexpectedly and complimented my physical appearence in a seduction attempt.

And finally how I was rescued by vegetarian lesbians and fed bacon.

if, anyone is interested of course.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
Page 246 of 370 1 2 244 245 246 247 248 369 370

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,173
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission