2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
56 members (APianistHasNoName, Adam Reynolds, Carey, brdwyguy, beeboss, Chris B, Cheeeeee, 9 invisible), 1,870 guests, and 279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by fuzzy8balls
tl;dr

I can't stand people being so snooty about classical music, I think that's why it gets a bad rep. Whatever music it is, enjoy it; but if you don't that's fine, you don't need to write a dissertation either way.

ha Yeah..it is like a dissertation. But he has the patience to write such a long post like that....two thumbs up for the effort. I have no patience to read his post.

R
R
Originally Posted by RonaldSteinway
But he has the patience to write such a long post like that....two thumbs up for the effort.

but i looks like copy and paste from totally different topics laugh

P
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
P
Omg I just read the whole thing and I have absolutely nothing to say...perhaps the op is talking about the importance of piano as art as opposed to athleticism? I'm going to have to chew on this morsel more though if I'm going to respond with anything coherent.

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
What it means to be a ... silent pianist.

So many silent profiles. smile

Yamaha AvantGrand N1X | Roland RD 2000 | Sennheiser HD 598 headphones
N
N
Adderall is a heck of a drug.

Actively working on:
Bach - Two-part Invention No. 14
Chopin - Prelude in E minor - Op. 28, No. 4
Notenbuch für Nannerl - Tempo di menuetto in F (Anonymous)
H
6000 Post Club Member
Online Content
6000 Post Club Member
H
Check here

regards,

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Hakki
Check here

regards,
Oh... Well, based on BachMach2's essay and attempt to play all the Beethoven sonatas, s/he seems to be passionate about piano and this is certainly the right place to share that devotion. Let's give him/her a chance to become accustomed to the "culture" here.

Best regards,

Deborah
I
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I
Condescending, to put it nicely, are some of the answers that followed the op. At least be polite. I read posts and opinions here from time to time that i consider utter rubbish, i just don t feel the need to point them out. What was actually wrong with the OP?

F
F
I'm assuming we're getting trolled by the OP, either intentionally or unintentionally... doesn't matter.

This is further confirmed by his attempts of trying to record the first 8 Beethoven Sonatas -- which are a joke. The original post is heavily drenched in arrogant rhetoric from someone that has no skill at the keyboard to back it up. And finally, it is also quite rude to push theistic beliefs onto others.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I'm assuming we're getting trolled by the OP, either intentionally or unintentionally... doesn't matter.

This is further confirmed by his attempts of trying to record the first 8 Beethoven Sonatas -- which are a joke. The original post is heavily drenched in arrogant rhetoric from someone that has no skill at the keyboard to back it up. And finally, it is also quite rude to push theistic beliefs onto others.

Well, there is something mighty strange about his mentioning Ashkenazy's "wayward interpretation" of Chopin's 1st Ballade, while at the same time making some downright laughable recordings. It's impossible for him to listen with such a fine, critical ear to other musicians, yet not be able to hear what he himself is playing. I would bet he is a fine musician with a gift for parody; he must have some gift to learn all those sonatas, record them in recognizable form yet with just enough wince-inducing passages to make the listener wonder what is going on. And that's putting it mildly wink

Last edited by cefinow; 12/30/11 10:57 AM.

Platinum Supporter until November 30 2022
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content

Platinum Supporter until November 30 2022
Regardless of what we all think of the original post, it seems pointless and a waste of time to continue to comment on it unless the OP also participates in the discussion. The same thing applies to his thread with the Beethoven recordings.

Mason and Hamlin BB - 91640
Kawai K-500 Upright
Kawai CA-65 Digital
Korg SP-100 Stage Piano
YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/pianophilo
L
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
L
Originally Posted by cefinow

Well, there is something mighty strange about his mentioning Ashkenazy's "wayward interpretation" of Chopin's 1st Ballade, while at the same time making some downright laughable recordings. It's impossible for him to listen with such a fine, critical ear to other musicians, yet not be able to hear what he himself is playing. I would bet he is a fine musician with a gift for parody; he must have some gift to learn all those sonatas, record them in recognizable form yet with just enough wince-inducing passages to make the listener wonder what is going on. And that's putting it mildly wink

I wanted to say something similar and then deleted it because I wanted to give the OP a chance to come respond to some of these posts. I agree completely with the above posts. Those recordings (the 8 sonatas posted by the OP) can be claimed to be perfect with small errors only by somebody delusional.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
It is distressing to see a newcomer being eviscerated like this on the forum. His first post may have been verbose and his recordings of the Beethoven sonatas may not be the greatest but he is an amateur doing this for the love of it. His goal of recording all the Beethoven sonatas is certainly a laudable one. Why not just offer him suggestions for improvement instead of calling him delusional and a troll?

"Playing the piano is my greatest joy...period."......JP
L
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
L
Originally Posted by jazzyprof
It is distressing to see a newcomer being eviscerated like this on the forum. His first post may have been verbose and his recordings of the Beethoven sonatas may not be the greatest but he is an amateur doing this for the love of it. His goal of recording all the Beethoven sonatas is certainly a laudable one. Why not just offer him suggestions for improvement instead of calling him delusional and a troll?

Because the first step towards improvement is to fully realize what aspects of one's playing suck. Clearly, the OP has no clue whatsoever and seems to completely believe that those sonatas are almost perfect. We are doing him/her a favor, I assure you of that.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by liszt85

Because the first step towards improvement is to fully realize what aspects of one's playing suck.

It's not clear to me how calling someone delusional informs him of the aspects of his playing that suck.

"Playing the piano is my greatest joy...period."......JP
Originally Posted by wr
Originally Posted by BruceD
Originally Posted by Orange Soda King
BruceD: You read his whole post?
Twice, to try to get at the essence of his post.

You are destined for sainthood, I'm sure of it.

+1 grin

I couldn't much make it past the first couple of paragraphs, and just quickly scanned the rest. It was way too disorganized and unfocused for me. I figured I'd wait to see what other posts he might have, now that he got this off his chest. smile

D
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
D
Check here

regards,

And Here

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Somehow I am reminded of PartyPianist... wink

[Linked Image]

Music is my best friend.

D
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by ChopinAddict
Somehow I am reminded of PartyPianist... wink

I'm hoping! laugh

A
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by Damon
Check here

regards,

And Here

Very interesting.

Jason
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,302
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission