Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 100 of 236 < 1 2 ... 98 99 100 101 102 ... 235 236 >
Topic Options
#1815213 - 12/30/11 01:43 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lost in cyberspace.in the UK.
Ah excellent news griffin, christmas is officially over then... Time to look forward to Australias new years eve fireworks displays as they seem to be the best at it!!!

I do hope wayne is OK tho, maybe he is busy or he is up to something again.
Sometimes wayne is up to something and we only find out about it later.
He was going to do a song with his niece, maybe he is working on that..

Mrs R says "christmas is over when you take the tree down" well, one year our christmas lasted till june, because , yes you have guessed , we just couldnt be bothered to take the tree down and we liked the lights on it. It leaves a sad hole in your living room when its not there.

Here is a joke:

Mr. Jones goes to the doctors.
The Doctor says "Mr jones , you really have to stop masterbating"
Mr Jones says "why?"
The doctor says : "because I need to examine you"

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project

(ads P/S)
Sauter Pianos

piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#1815470 - 12/30/11 07:07 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Little_Blue_Engine Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Ohio, US
I've had our tree up til June.

#1815489 - 12/30/11 07:26 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Southeast of Spain
Hi!

Here Christmas is over when The Three Kings arrive on January 6.

I’ve spent a delicious afternoon with my old high school mates. I hadn’t seen them since long time ago, some of them since I left the high school. A lot of thoughts have come to my mind. But the most important ones are, by far:

- Those who were really pretty girls, now they are really pretty women.

- Those who were not really pretty girls, now they are attractive women.

Very interesting.

So these things have reminded me the music of that age.

La chica de ayer
(The girl of yesterday)

My website

#1815543 - 12/30/11 08:15 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

WOW little blue, a fellow lunch-out!! ( as regards the tree!)
Recaredo, another way of looking at it is this.....

To keep yourself young, just keep repeating the follys of youth.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

#1815718 - 12/31/11 01:34 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
BeccaBb Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Thunder Bay, On Canada
Hey guys.. I only have a few minutes here.. My eldest son just arrived so we are now having our 2nd Christmas.. I won't get to be on much for the next few weeks.. I miss this thread... *sighs* I'll sneak on when I can.. hehe... I'll leave you with a fav.. since I can't seem to get enough of Xmas this year!

Floundering and Lost
Roland RD300NX

#1815894 - 12/31/11 12:51 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

BeccaBb , we will miss you whilst you are absent and allthough we may cry a bit, it is only with tears of joy at the hope of your swift return.

In the meantime, we will keep your seat warm, so to speak.

And just where is Wayne? I mean , he gets his piano tuned, and forgets all about his friends that stuck by him when he had an out of tune instrument.

Unless he got some bad food poisoning over the festivities... oh no.

#1815939 - 12/31/11 02:11 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Southeast of Spain
Happy new year to everybody!

We are going to celebrate this night at home so we’ll have the twelve grapes with the family. I love this tradition. In the last twelve seconds of the year, we have one grape a second, with the strokes from some famous clock.

I've found this video of other year.

My website

#1816046 - 12/31/11 05:13 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Recaredo, this is obviously some attempt to kill off elderly relatives, Surely you dont expect gran to eat one grape per second for twelve times??? She might choke...
Or is this an attempt by grape sellers to get rid of old stock?

Sounds a lovely ( if slightly dangerous) tradition, and one day when rossy comes over, he will do this tradition with you all!!!

Rossys advive: Have someone who knows how to do the Heimlich Maneuver available!!!

#1816052 - 12/31/11 05:31 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012

Loc: Minneapolis, MN

Happy New Year everyone! We've still got a ways to go on this side of the Atlantic before that magic hour. I'm preparing a special dinner tonight for the other half. I can't post today. I'll have some Sunday classical postings, however.

#1816093 - 12/31/11 06:59 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Glad your Okay Griffin, even though a bit busy... Apparently tonights fireworks at the london eye are meant to show the world: "how we know how to party" in respect of the coming olympics....

well righty oh, as if the government know how to party:: jeezus....

Every decent party I have ever been to has ended with some sort of police prescence trying to stop the festivities....

Killjoys... tighten your belts folks for the next year at least, whilst the government spends billions on the olympics that none of you will be likely to get a ticket for......

anyways they are about to happen...lets see if the powers that be know how to party..... hold my breath....

#1816232 - 12/31/11 11:52 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
BeccaBb Offline
500 Post Club Member

Happy New Years! Close enough anyways. smile Our neighborhood has the "drunken neighbor guy trying to light all our homes on fire with his bad drunken aiming" show.. every year.. hehe

Floundering and Lost
Roland RD300NX

#1816252 - 01/01/12 01:05 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

I hope thats not my dad! hes due to leave louisiana to go to his place in vancouver soon, if he hasnt allready gone! He does a yearly cycle ( not on a bicycle!!) Here in the UK for our winter ( stupid if he asked me, and he did so I told him) then over to His place in Lousiana for Thanksgiving... This is where he came into contact with my half sisters goat.. It went for him, and he kicked it, he tore his akylis tendon ..serves him right I say. Then over to BC vancouver for no other reasons than liking the views and because he spent a lot of time there in his youth...

Every year he does this... he is an odd man.

#1816256 - 01/01/12 01:17 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
BeccaBb Offline
500 Post Club Member

LOL unless your dad is in his 20's I think we can safely say that it wasn't him! Wow that is a whole lot of traveling.. and complete with evil goats! HAHAHA

Floundering and Lost
Roland RD300NX

#1816259 - 01/01/12 01:45 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Its 6.40 in the morning here and I have been up all night again doing stuff... oh dear, now its time to go asleep during the day again...
Messed up again!! lol...
see you later dudes and dudettes, At least Griffin will do his sunday postings today, wayne and everyone else are very conspicuous by their absenteeism!!!
Oh deary me... night night all.

#1816276 - 01/01/12 02:30 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
polyphasicpianist Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I don't think anyone has posted Auld Lang Syne yet so I will do it. I was going to post an Epic orchestral version of the tune but I found this instead. Sing Along.

#1816403 - 01/01/12 11:35 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
BeccaBb Offline
500 Post Club Member

In honour of the huge ham I'm about to cook.. and the fact that I am gonna harm an onion! LOL

I'm shoveling today (Griff you get a pile of snow?) and cooking a big meal (harming those onions!) I had the fun of being up till 4 am due to drunken neighbor.. what is everyone else up to today? How many are recouping from drunken acticivites? eek

Floundering and Lost
Roland RD300NX

#1816425 - 01/01/12 12:35 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Eglantine Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 01 2013

Loc: Another Country
Just surfacing....

Last night we watched the London fireworks from outside my friends' house further up the hill:

Busy week... Cooked Christmas dinner for guests, flew to Bilbao, flew back arriving home 2.30am on 31st, then partying last night, and even managed to find the time to make pheasant stock for the freezer and file my accounts. I had a 5 min tinkle on the piano at my friends' last night, but good to be back home with my own instruments now...

#1816435 - 01/01/12 01:14 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Eglantine Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 01 2013

Loc: Another Country
So Underworld will be directors of the opening ceremony music for the London olympics...

There's a very fine video for one of the tracks from their last album, Always Loved A Film:

What I particularly like about this film is that it's full of people my (their) age ;-)

#1816438 - 01/01/12 01:26 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013

Loc: New Orleans
Hi everybody! Happy New Year!

I worked last night... but if I were off, I would have hunkered down in the house. I try to avoid going out New Years Eve, because it is the time when all the amateur drinkers are out and about, and I can't be bothered. I would be more comfortable if the general public knew that you can drink other times of the year, not just new year's eve, Mardi Gras, 4th of July, and Halloween. They would behave much better in public.

This would be a more effective public service song for the kiddies, too. (sorry! it is loud and obnoxious!)

#1816440 - 01/01/12 01:29 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

Hmm it is rather late on a Sunday and no classical postings from Griffin! I will sneak some in for him to get started.

Happy January!

#1816442 - 01/01/12 01:32 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

Here is the Swan, from Carnival of the Animals. I love love this piece!

#1816445 - 01/01/12 01:34 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

oooh someone posted the Yo-Yo Ma tribute finally!

#1816504 - 01/01/12 03:34 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Well I studied the firewoks display very carefully indeed, and noted two main points of disilusion.
Point one happened in the begining, when the fireworks came out of big ben when it was striking, They soon went off kilter with the timing of the strikes... I only noticed this because I have been studiously timing things in abelton and from music to video, and therfore have been very aware of timing just recently.

Remember this was an attempt "to show the world what we can do with regards to this years olympics"

Dont get me wrong the fireworks themselves were beautifull, and lovely as usual, but they were a bit "as usual" when you think we were meant to be showing the world what we can do...

They were not "OMG that was the most awesome thing I have ever seen or will be ever likely to see again" in all honesty?

Second and bigger bone of contention, the music that went with them was awfull, I feel confident many folk here could have made much better music choices... the music was dismal and worse disjointed from the visual spectacle... many songs were awkward remixes with no real thread of cohesion running through the event.... was this an attempt to avoid royalties? we have enough of that on telly what with the adverts that use the "jist" of a well known piece of music , but change it just annoyingly enough to get out of paying....

rant over....

Happy new year dudes and dudettes, lets hope this year brings you all your dreams, your aspirations, and your hearts desires, lets hope the world really will not be ending like the NIBIIU spotters are telling us it will this year!!!

I dont want planet X to hit the earth.

Dont worry any about the mayan calender running out, they just didnt bother repeating the cycle and didnt see any point in doing so, it doesnt mean the world will end.

But if it does, the last person to post here wins. lol.

happy new year dudes and dudettes, I hope you all have the best one yet!!

#1816575 - 01/01/12 06:12 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Happy New Year everyone!! I had unexpected guests and it was impossible to do my postings today. Sneak posting was not an option! grin

Thanks Aimee for doing some classical postings. I'll try to do some very shortly.

Becca, we got only a light snowfall here. However, we now have some snow on the ground.

Rossy, hope you got some quality sleep time for the new year. I'll be back shortly.

Edited by griffin2417 (01/01/12 06:33 PM)

#1816608 - 01/01/12 06:46 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

My first post is "So I'll Sing With My Voice," by Dominick Argento. It is performed by the University of Missouri Singers under the direction of Dr. R. Paul Crabb.

#1816625 - 01/01/12 07:07 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

My next post is Joshua Bell performing "Vocalise" by Sergei Rachmaninoff

#1816645 - 01/01/12 07:29 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Excellent Griffin... glad to see you back... Wayne is still very absent indeed, I seriously hope he is OK, most unusual..
magic posts again folks...
Its the new year now wow!!!

#1816648 - 01/01/12 07:32 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

My final post is Jessye Norman's performance of "Agnus Dei," by Georges Bizet.

#1816682 - 01/01/12 08:35 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Happy New Year Rossy! I'm fixing dinner. I didn't realize we had posted at the same time. I hope we hear from Wayne soon.

#1816778 - 01/01/12 11:47 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Just sent him a Pm Griffin, thing is it didnt work till I put 33yrs instead of 32yrs !!!!!
I wondered what was happening then!
ah well maybe he is busy.. Hmmmmm

Page 100 of 236 < 1 2 ... 98 99 100 101 102 ... 235 236 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
140 registered (Al LaPorte, accordeur, Almaviva, 36251, 43 invisible), 1681 Guests and 35 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74258 Members
42 Forums
153605 Topics
2251269 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
I just can't get my head around temperament!
by LarryShone
04/20/14 01:05 PM
clavinova clp 115
by rochoula
04/20/14 01:01 PM
DIsassemble Kawai MP10/MP11
by prox
04/20/14 10:59 AM
Action regulating
by pater57
04/20/14 08:59 AM
Kurzweil SP5-8 as main studio keyboard/stage piano
by Barty
04/20/14 08:33 AM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission