Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 97 of 236 < 1 2 ... 95 96 97 98 99 ... 235 236 >
Topic Options
#1811897 - 12/24/11 03:29 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Little_Blue_Engine Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Ohio, US
Strangely enough I've been listening to pretty much no Christmas music today except for what is coming from TV specials the kids are watching.
I'm thinking of kicking the kids out of the living room and cranking up The Cream Of Clapton while I clean. I'll never get anything done watching youtube. Here is some of my being unproductive soundtrack.

(ads P/S)
Sauter Pianos

piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#1811937 - 12/24/11 05:16 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lost in cyberspace.in the UK.
WELL , ITS NEARLY HERE!! Soon rossy will dress up as santa and spread some christmas cheer from his sack.

No, not really. But it is christmas in 2 hrs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There has been some great pre-christmas posts today, but one that stuck in my mind was Eglantines "Hot pants" Moreover: "home made hot-pants"

I believe that Eglantine can make home made sexyfuntime pants, this is an interesting developemnet and a new skill that has been admitted to right here on this thread.!!!

so lets have some CABERET!! yes!! and heres liza minelli and Mein herr, a very sexyfuntime dance extraveganca
with sexyfuntime outfits !!!!

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project

#1811963 - 12/24/11 06:21 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Good evening Rossy. It's still late afternoon here, and I'm taking a break with a cup of tea. Nothing too traditional on our menu for the big day. One of our friends is vegetarian, and we welcome the challenge of preparing a feast that everyone will enjoy.

The entree will be Mexican inspired banana pancakes stuffed with refried pinto beans spiced with ground cumin and coriander seeds, cayenne, and other stuff. It will be fried gently in olive oil. I didn't say it would be a low calorie dinner, just vegetarian wink

Sides will include a bed of saffron rice pilaf mixed with dried fruits and nuts, surrounded with loads of roasted root vegetables caramelized in the pan, roasted asparagus, zucchini, beets, and red bell peppers.

We've already finished preparing the cranberry orange relish, preserved Kumquats with crystallized ginger, and tomato chutney. The salad will include a combination of mangoes, lettuce, pomegranate seeds, and other things topped with a honey vinaigrette dressing.

We will soon get started on the dessert which will include pumpkin bars with dried cranberries, pecans. We've still have not decided what the second batch of cookies will be.

Now I'm hungry again! laugh

#1811969 - 12/24/11 06:33 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Ah Hya Griffin, you have certainly prepared a feast, and ours is all prepared, I have cooked the chicken and the venison for the morrow when we get up. The Venison was such a good cut and so tender mRs R ate a big piece raw, as his her want with good quality raw red meat!

Dont tell your veggy friend!!!

It is christmas in half an hour exactly!!! yeee ha .

Did you catch Eglantines post about Home made sexyfuntime hot pants?

I will ask her some questions about that when she is next about.!!!!

I bet wayne is asleep dreaming of santa.

AimeeO opens her pressies at 2.30 am , because she cannot wait to find out what they are, that is so cool!!!

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

#1811980 - 12/24/11 07:13 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

FIRST POST ON CHRISTMAS DAY , OH YES, HE, HE, It is now ten past midnight and qualifies as christmass day.

SO DUDES AND DUDETTES A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL, THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO MAKES THIS THREAD WHAT IT IS AND ALL THE EFFORT YOU HAVE PUT IN POSTING!!!!!

And heres hoping it goes on and on, in the same vein , loads of fun and variation, and no arguing about things that dont matter anyways!!

merry christmas dudes and dudettes!!!

I am going to have some more Caberet,...!!!! well a replay anyways!!!

Edited by Rostosky (12/24/11 07:14 PM)

#1811981 - 12/24/11 07:13 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
polyphasicpianist Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Rossy, According to NORAD (http://www.noradsanta.org/en/), Santa has not hit the UK yet. You have to catch him! HE NEEDS TO BE STUDIED FOR THE SAKE OF SCIENCE!

http://txtwriter.com/onscience/Articles/Santa.html

#1811983 - 12/24/11 07:15 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Rossy, check your PM! Enjoy.

#1811986 - 12/24/11 07:18 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: polyphasicpianist]
griffin2417 Offline

Hi Poly. We posted at the same time. Merry Christmas. It's way too early for a Santa visit on this side of the Atlantic!

#1811989 - 12/24/11 07:24 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Its still christmas day though, even without santas visitation..
Christmas day starting at midnight is an astronomical observation...???

#1811990 - 12/24/11 07:30 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Rostosky
Its still christmas day though, even without santas visitation..
Christmas day starting at midnight is an astronomical observation...???

He has just finished London England!

Edited by polyphasicpianist (12/24/11 07:41 PM)

#1812011 - 12/24/11 08:21 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Southeast of Spain
Hi folks!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYBODY!

Here is late and Christmas Eve has finished. All has gone nice as usual. Now I only have to wait children fall asleep to put their gifts under the tree. They are really excited! Meanwhile I’m going to listen to these interesting Christmas posts from all of you. Nice work for me.

My website

#1812041 - 12/24/11 09:44 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Well, apparently I have still to wait my wife falls asleep, and this seems harder. So I’m going to post something.

I have an odd custom on this day. I listen to 8th symphony by Dvorak every year on this day. I don’t know why since this music doesn’t mean Christmas at all. But I like odd customs.

Maybe the complete symphony is too long to be posted, although is a worth listening. I encourage doing it.

Here we can listen to the lovely third movement.

#1812052 - 12/24/11 10:36 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Everything is done. I hope Papá Noel remembers me!

Good night!

#1812053 - 12/24/11 10:37 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Recaredo]
1000 Post Club Member

I too get a very Christmas vibe from Dvorak's 8th symphony, I think it is because its got such a Russian Romantic feel to it (even though he is Czech) and kind of conjures associations with Tchaikovsky's music which is so strongly associated in the western world's idea of Christmas.

There are actually a few peices that really seem very Christmassy to me even they do not have anything to do with Christmas per se.

This one always hits me right in the Christmas spirit.

Edited by polyphasicpianist (12/24/11 10:54 PM)

#1812090 - 12/25/11 12:42 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013

Loc: New Orleans
woo hoo first Christmas post on this side!

I am waiting impatiently for Billy O to get home so I can open my presents. Don't tell him, but I kinda looked in my stocking.

Eglantine, PPP has given you a textbook answer to your question.

PPP, I love that Christmas special!!! We watched it after we ate the other night. That is classic. I agree, Zooey is cute. She's in a band called She and Him now I think.

I agree, Recaredo, that does feel Christmassy. I like it! I hope the wife and kids are surprised. Did you remember to write your letter to Papa Noel?

Griffin, those pancakes sound really good. I want to know how those turn out.

Rossy, I love love love Cabaret! I first saw it performed in a high school production... I guess I was 15 or 16 at the time. I bought the Broadway cast recording and the movie soundtrack. I sang songs from it all the time. Unfortunately, singing is not one of my special talents and once one of our neighbors called up and asked if I was okay because she thought I was in pain.

My dearly beloved Me First and the Gimme Gimmes also covered Cabaret:

Edited by AimeeO (12/25/11 12:45 AM)

#1812093 - 12/25/11 12:47 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

Heard this on the way home tonight..

#1812094 - 12/25/11 12:54 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

Merry Christmas, everybody!!!

#1812099 - 12/25/11 01:28 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!

Hi Aimee! Looks like I'm the second to post for Christmas. I'm looking forward to listening to all of these wonderful posts. However, I will do it in the morning. We just finished with all of the food preparations and are pretty tired.

In the meantime here is my first post for Christmas Day. My partner and I first heard this just a few days ago on a local public radio station. I feel it is the perfect offering for those of you who are looking for something calming for those reflective moments.

Good Night!

"Spiegel im Spiegel" by Arvo Pärt

Edited by griffin2417 (12/25/11 08:54 AM)
Edit Reason: Forgot to include title and composer!

#1812112 - 12/25/11 03:31 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Eglantine Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 01 2013

Loc: Another Country
Good morning all!

#1812113 - 12/25/11 03:31 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: griffin2417]
1000 Post Club Member

Love the muppets; nothing says Christmas like muppets . . . Except maybe Handel. I am finally off to bed.

#1812132 - 12/25/11 06:37 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Sheffield UK

OMG......I'm so hungover!!!!!!!

Bk later wink

#1812136 - 12/25/11 07:01 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Newman Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Australia
Merry Christmas, all. It's 11pm Christmas Day as I write. Turkey, pork and vegetables (roast potatoes, kumera/sweet potato, carrots, cauliflower, snow peas) for lunch followed by Christmas pud and cream. Always a fairly traditional Christmas lunch for us. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows for entertainment after lunch. Got some time before lunch and just now to work on a little arrangement of "Hello Goodbye". Regards, Capn.

#1812137 - 12/25/11 07:09 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Merry christmas dudes and dudettes,
Eglantine still has not explained "home made hot pants" and this is now starting to spoil my christmas: The sheer not knowing of it all.

I need to be able to tell Mrs R "I bet you couldnt make those Mrs R"
That should work, but not with out some sort of pattern.....

Anyways,

#1812149 - 12/25/11 08:56 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Slowly commin' round, smile

#1812162 - 12/25/11 10:21 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

and now a very special Pressie for everyone... The original demo version of "saturday gigs" but originally titled "Saturday kids" A rare find indeed...
Extra verses and different vocals and a slightly altered melody line.

Merry christmas dudes and dudettes...

#1812166 - 12/25/11 10:29 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: AimeeO]
griffin2417 Offline

FABULOUS Aimee!! I haven't heard this version by John Coltrane since I was in college. Thanks!!

#1812173 - 12/25/11 10:52 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Good morning everyone, and Merry Christmas!! I haven't been able to listen all of the postings, but will eventually hear them all. Many years ago I first heard Qunicy Jones's production of "Handel's Messiah, A Soulful Celebration." Here is one of my favorite selections from the album.

Tevin Campbell -MY REDEEMER LIVETH

#1812190 - 12/25/11 11:59 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Congrats on the sly post Griffin, did you have to sneak to the loo with your Ipad?

Well dinners done and eaten, the dogs loved their roast chicken, I'm sat watchin tele, on my 2nd, sorry 3rd glass of wine smile Merry Xmas smile

#1812191 - 12/25/11 12:00 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

So full of dinner now, I cannot even eat one wafer thin mint...... so a little touch of monty python might be in order....

#1812194 - 12/25/11 12:06 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Don't forget this Rossy!

Page 97 of 236 < 1 2 ... 95 96 97 98 99 ... 235 236 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
102 registered (ado, AndreiN, Adam Coleman, ADWyatt, antony, 30 invisible), 1290 Guests and 33 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74223 Members
42 Forums
153538 Topics
2250050 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
2014 Bradshaw and Buono Piano Competition
by hsheck
15 minutes 4 seconds ago
What is the strangest thing you have found inside a piano?
by That Tooner
Yesterday at 11:18 PM
Kawai vs Ritmuller
by cromax
Yesterday at 11:08 PM
Considering going into debt for a Steinway grand
by joonsang
Yesterday at 10:38 PM
Best Glue for Damper Pads
by JMichaelWilson
Yesterday at 10:07 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission