2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
59 members (Adam Reynolds, AJMurphy, Barry_Braksick, AlkansBookcase, APianistHasNoName, Carey, brdwyguy, beeboss, 7 invisible), 1,596 guests, and 222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Dave Ferris
Hi Zachary, congrats on getting the AG ! I think that's a smart move until you can get a grand.

Like I think I mentioned before, I wasn't able to afford my first grand piano till I was 32 in '85. These things have gone up so much, I paid for a new C7 what you'll probably pay for that AG.. cry

I would have preferred practicing on the AG to what I used to put 4-5 hours a day on six days a week, for 6 years, before I was able to swing the C7

http://www.kohlerandcampbell.com/km247.html

Hey Dave,

Yeah, you know I've gone back and forth with things I thought I'd be getting, things I thought would work, I've played uprights, baby grands, mid sized grands, and for my criteria which includes the following:

- Grand Piano Action
- Silent Practice Ability
- Limited Space Constraints

...the AvantGrand N1/N2 are the only pianos that fit the bill. I recently finished up my Associates Degree and had been entirely undecided about what to finish up a 4 year degree in, then possibly Master's Degree from there, and I decided that Piano Performance/Composition would be my direction. I knew immediately I need something for my technique, and the N1 is perfect. Lately I've been putting in 5 hours a day of practice-3 hours of classical 2 hours of jazz. It's amazing how quickly things start happening when you're spending just that much time of concentrated practice. The N1 is going to be my 'piano' for several years to get me through school and then some.

Yet another perk of the AvantGrand is that if i get tired of the internal sounds, I can hook it right up to my laptop or Nord Piano/Electro and run other sounds more to my liking. The N1 is a win win for me. Btw Dave, the C7 is probably overall, my favorite piano I've played on, perhaps very closely followed by the RX-7 Blak. I absolutely love the sound of the C7.

Studiologic Numa X Piano GT with Native Instruments Noire
R
R
I wonder if the CS9 will be made available to the US market. I traded in CP179 when I moved up to a Lowery Sterling (also made by Kawai) but I would really like to get an acousitc like piano such as the CS9 and not the CA93 due to the finish of course. The CP179 had great sound and key action but the rythmns were for the most part not what I needed. I really liked playing a K3 but just don't want the tuning bother, and the lack of being able to play silently at times is also a big issue.

Kawai CA93, Lowrey Marquis
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Online Content
Rich, I do not believe Kawai America has any plans to introduce the CS9 into the North American market, despite the CS6 proving popular with consumers.

However, this may change if enough people register their interest by contacting the company directly.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
R
R
Thanks James for the insight. I deal with one of the largest Kawai / Lowrey dealers in the states, Lacefield Music. I will make sure they bring this up at the NAMM. This will be a hot topic for Kawai reps if I'm right in my observations of how long the CS6 stays on the sales floor. Most often they have a very short stay, more like a short rest from the delivery truck to a customers home.

Kawai CA93, Lowrey Marquis
B
B
James, do you know if the CS6 has that panel cover that hides the computer-y parts on next to the keyboard?

Online Content
BrokenChord, no, I'm afraid not.

As explained in this brochure, the fold-down control panel cover is a CS9-only feature:

Originally Posted by CS Series brochure

Concealed Control Panel
The control panel for each Classic Series instrument is discreetly embedded within the piano’s left cheek block, with the flagship CS9 model also featuring a folding cover. This helps to preserve the instruments’ acoustic piano-like appearance, and allows performers to enjoy the simple pleasure of playing music – without the distraction of flashing lights and rows of buttons.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
B
B
Thanks, I did not notice that on the Kawai website, doh! I am still considering the CS6, anyway. I want that RM3 Action!

Thanks for answering smile

Last edited by BrokenChord; 01/02/12 02:24 AM.
M
M
Originally Posted by Pawelekg

The N1 is deeper then the N2:
N1 is 618mm, N2 is 531mm
while typical Clavinova is 513mm.
I can see no reason for the N1 being deeper then N2.
If you have to fit in a flat, every couple of milimeters make a difference.

A speaker system depends on the speakers, the amplifiers, the crossovers, AND THE CABINET. The internal volume and shape of the cabinet affect response and must be designed in tandem with the layout of the speakers and orientation to the listener.

The N2 cabinet is taller (a portion goes all the way to the floor), and has a completely different set of speakers and amplifiers, which have different requirements. The total air volume inside is larger than the N2 because of the cavities extending downwards.

The N1 cabinet is deeper to add a little extra volume inside the cabinet, without making it too much taller - and without complicating the design/structure.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,310
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission