Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 99 of 236 < 1 2 ... 97 98 99 100 101 ... 235 236 >
Topic Options
#1813629 - 12/28/11 08:12 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: LisaE]
griffin2417 Offline

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012

Loc: Minneapolis, MN

laugh Lisa, I just LOVED Mel Brooks. I couldn't stop laughing. I'll be back shortly with some music postings just as soon as I can stop laughing!

(ads P/S)
Petrof Pianos

piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#1813635 - 12/28/11 08:37 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: griffin2417]
griffin2417 Offline

Good morning everyone! It's going to be VERY eclectic music postings by me today. Since there are lots of festivities continuing throughout this holiday season let's get started with Kool and the Gang!

"Celebration"

Edited by griffin2417 (12/28/11 08:38 AM)

#1813673 - 12/28/11 10:01 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

I really like the Dixie Chicks, and I admire them. I'm not a big fan of country western music. However, there are certain artists that I really love, and I have presented on this thread such as Willie Nelson, Kenny Rogers, and Lucinda Williams. The Dixie Chicks are definitely on my list of favorites.

When I first heard "Landslide," it was performed by it's original songwriter, Stevie Nicks of Fleetwood Mac. I liked it. However, when I later heard it performed by the Dixie Chicks I thought WOW! They really took it to a whole new level! Immediately following will be a real treat. Stevie Nicks onstage performing her Landslides with the Dixie Chicks. It made me smile to see and hear it. Have a listen and see what you think.

Edited by griffin2417 (12/28/11 10:03 AM)

#1813680 - 12/28/11 10:09 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

I'll be back a bit later with some more things. I promised AimeeO the recipe for my banana pancakes stuffed with refried pinto beans. I'd better get on it! LOL.

Enjoy your Wednesday!

#1813683 - 12/28/11 10:10 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lost in cyberspace.in the UK.
I got a lovely brand new puppy that loves me,
My wife lost two stone and wears sexyfuntime pants just for me.
I got a real good secure job doing something I love.
I have a wonderfull house that I own.
I have so much money I couldnt spend it if i tried.

OOOPS, thats not very country and western is it... Sorry. LOL

I think I just invented Opposite country. Or hang on, Pseudo-country... Sort of much to happy!

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project

#1813767 - 12/28/11 12:32 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Good morning Rossy! I'm glad I'm not all alone here today. I suppose that may have been a bit too chipper for lyrics of some of C & W music I've heard. Not all, however. Blues can be like that too. That's why Willie Nelson and Ray Charles understood each other and performed together.

Here is another gem from the Dixie Chicks in a special tribute to James Taylor.

#1813784 - 12/28/11 01:13 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013

Loc: New Orleans
Take your time with the recipe, Griffin! I probably won't have a chance to make it for the next couple of weeks, anyway..

ooh ooh last night I was watching the Kennedy Center Honors thingie and I saw something I liked! They were honoring Yo Yo Ma and they had the Silk Road Ensemble!

What is that instrument that looks like 20 little pipes sticking up?

#1813787 - 12/28/11 01:18 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

I was looking to see if anyone posted James Taylor playing with the Silk Road Ensemble (and others) at the Honors thing but found this instead..

#1813805 - 12/28/11 01:47 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Your Uncle Offline

Loc: Minneapolis, MN, USA
"OOOPS, thats not very country and western is it... Sorry. LOL

I think I just invented Opposite country. Or hang on, Pseudo-country... Sort of much to happy!"

There's some joke about what happens when you play a country song backwards...you get your wife back, your dog back and your truck back!

Bob S.

Edited by Your Uncle (12/28/11 01:49 PM)

#1813820 - 12/28/11 02:12 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: AimeeO]
griffin2417 Offline

Originally Posted By: AimeeO
Take your time with the recipe, Griffin! I probably won't have a chance to make it for the next couple of weeks, anyway..

ooh ooh last night I was watching the Kennedy Center Honors thingie and I saw something I liked! They were honoring Yo Yo Ma and they had the Silk Road Ensemble!

What is that instrument that looks like 20 little pipes sticking up?

I wondered about that too AimeeO. Does anybody viewing this thread know what that instrument is? That was a wonderful program last night. Me and my other half were enjoying it while visiting my nephew and his family.

#1813828 - 12/28/11 02:23 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Oh please, dear gawd dont let it be a bagpipe of any description...

AimeeO !!! You dont have time to make PANCAKES for the next two weeks?? What the dickens ( good christmas word) are you doing that doesnt allow you a whole four mins for pancake making over the festivities?
LOL Is BillyO working you too hard again?

Good posts griffin, will post some myself in a few mins, I am just trying to Please Mrs R at the moment..
I need her to feel beholden to me a little so I can get my own way about something else a little later.

I made her a gigantic sarnie with nice festive things in it, that should do the trick.
maybe.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

#1813830 - 12/28/11 02:25 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

WOW , I just found out JIM MORRISONS DAD was instrumental in starting the Vietnam war!! How Bizzarre is that?

#1813836 - 12/28/11 02:32 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

I've had one interruption after another today at home, and never got to post my final Dixie Chicks selection that I like. It is their musical response to those who once tried to silence them and made threats on their lives. I will let their music speak for itself.

Edited by griffin2417 (12/28/11 02:52 PM)
Edit Reason: A typo on the name

#1813862 - 12/28/11 03:21 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Originally Posted By: Rostosky
Oh please, dear gawd dont let it be a bagpipe of any description...

AimeeO !!! You dont have time to make PANCAKES for the next two weeks?? What the dickens ( good christmas word) are you doing that doesnt allow you a whole four mins for pancake making over the festivities?
LOL Is BillyO working you too hard again?

Hi Rossy! AimeeO is probably wise to wait a few weeks on these pancakes! They are a bit more labor intensive than your usual breakfast pancakes! YUM!

How's it going Dude? I'm looking forward to hearing your posts! It is so nice to be home on holiday, though I have been busy. I'll be around most of the day!

Later!

#1813865 - 12/28/11 03:23 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Hya Griffin, yep i am here, will post in a little bit!!!

#1813869 - 12/28/11 03:26 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

No its not bagpipes, because it's not in a bag and is held in 2 hands. Take a few deep breaths, Rossy - everything will be ok.

BillyO is making me work hard by making me work at all. I should be a stay at home mom to my cat, as she needs me. Actually, the next couple of weeks we have to work extra days at work, so I will be too tired to make pancakes stuffed with beans. Any food stuffed with another food usually takes longer than I think it will.

What are you trying to get from Mrs Rossy? More time in her sexyfuntime pants?

Griffin, I really liked the Honors show! Unfortunately, I only caught the second half. The whole Yo Yo Ma segment was great. BillyO liked it to, and now wants a mandolin and an Olsen guitar like James Taylor (It has an O on the headstock, and since he is BillyO, he decided he should have one too).

#1813870 - 12/28/11 03:27 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
AimeeO Offline

Will be back in a bit.. making chicken and stout stew for the slowcooker, and BillyO is almost done deboning the chicken thighs!

#1813940 - 12/28/11 05:12 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

AimeeO just "sometime" with regards to sexyfuntime pants.. she has her grumpygirl face on at the moment because a tutorial on youtube she was watching turned out to be BS. Also the guy doing the tutorial could not speak any slower if he had his tongue held with pincers. There is nothing quite like a bad tutorial to annoy mrs R, she ends up screaming at the computer.. "If you dont know , why the F*** did you do a tutorial you ****er!"

then she is annoyed for ages and its hard to make her laugh for a while...

#1814022 - 12/28/11 07:13 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

However, I just wanted to hear this, it allways makes me feel better and happy and hopefull..

#1814299 - 12/29/11 09:21 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Southeast of Spain
Good afternoon to everybody from here! This thread looks quiet today. Maybe all of you are on holyday. That’s good.

I wanted to come back to organ music. Here’s the famous Widor's Toccata, which is actually the final movement of his fifth symphony.

BTW, I used this music at my wedding… some years ago.

My website

#1814310 - 12/29/11 09:42 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Recaredo]
griffin2417 Offline

Hi Recaredo! It's good hearing from you. It's morning on this side of the Atlantic. I am home for the holidays. I'm just getting my morning coffee. I'll be listening to the organ Tocatta in a few minutes. You know I love organ music.

I'm not sure about what I want to post today. I'll be back with something shortly.

#1814376 - 12/29/11 11:18 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Recaredo, I loved the Toccata. I had not heard this before. I rarely get to listen to some of the later organ composers. Thanks for introducing me to Widor. You've turned me on to some interesting music Dude! I'm still reviewing information about Flamenco.

Anyways, here's something from Pachelbel.

Toccata and Fugue in D Major

#1814400 - 12/29/11 11:50 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Southeast of Spain
Grffin, that was a lovely piece of music. I especially liked the part of the fugue.

Glad to see you are still interested in Flamenco. Here you are the best of the best: Camarón de la Isla and Paco de Lucía.

My website

#1814573 - 12/29/11 04:01 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Recaredo]
griffin2417 Offline

Originally Posted By: Recaredo
Grffin, that was a lovely piece of music. I especially liked the part of the fugue.

Glad to see you are still interested in Flamenco. Here you are the best of the best: Camarón de la Isla and Paco de Lucía.

!Que un buen regalo mi Amigo! Gracias

What a lovely gift my friend. Thanks! I don't trust my meager Spanish, so I figured I'd better translate what I mean into English grin.

I remember his voice from some of the Christmas music you shared. I have never forgotten it. Please continue to post Flamenco anytime you can share. I love learning more about it.

Thanks again Recaredo.

#1814777 - 12/29/11 08:49 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Indeed, good posts all round folks, and most enjoyable, I have listened to them a couple of times!!

I have been a little absent though due to an adaptation of Dorian Gray that was on telly till late ish.
I love that story , i dont know how true to the book it was, as ashamedly I have not read the book, but will do soon.

Time for some NICO, and heres the first "the fairest of the seasons"

#1814785 - 12/29/11 09:14 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

OMG OMG OMG rossy has had an OMG moment.....
dig this dudes and dudettes...

being so busy I never noticed that The fantastic and inspiring Tim Blake had uploaded some unseen and unknown footage on his youtube chanel... I could let nuns whip me for not noticing...

ROSSY HAS BEEN REMISS!!!!! BIGTIME>>>>>>....>>>>>>>

Here is previously unknown footage of the marvellous Tim Blake at the keys and ANOLOGUE equipment back in the seventies....

AND "New jerusalem" STunning stunnning stunning....

This is how it was, And hhow it can be done!!! tears of deep joy indeed....

Tim was the first person ever to use lasers live on stage by the way!!!!

Crystal machine.... oh happiness peace and love to all you dudes and dudettes... and I will be posting more....

Overjoyed....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agYroPT_gxM

Edited by Rostosky (12/29/11 09:27 PM)

#1814789 - 12/29/11 09:16 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Little_Blue_Engine Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Ohio, US
I've got nothing to post really today because I've been busy on a home improvement project but this organ music is reminding me that I have to make my parents find their old reel to reel which my dad claims still works so that I can hear the recordings they made in the 70's of my great grandfather playing pipe organ at his church. It would be cool to hear him making music because most of what I remember of him is his playing tricks with his hearing aids.

#1814803 - 12/29/11 09:30 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Sorry we posted at the same time....

Dudes and dudettes, I MUST insist you hear this wonderfull piece by tim blake.... he was kind enough to take the trouble in uploading it to youtube...

Wow, just wow... amazing... anologue!!!

#1815166 - 12/30/11 12:46 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Well Wayne is seriously missing!! Surely your mot meant to be still enjoying christmas are you folks?
Technically I dont know quite when to stop enjoying christmas.

Anyways, this is the English band from stoke newington London.,called sons of the desert, dont mix them up with other bands of the same name... they now reside in france where they have a restaurant and do musical evenings....

#1815204 - 12/30/11 01:31 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Hi Rossy! I'm just stopping by briefly right now. I'm hoping I'll be able to post later today. I'm thinking more about New Years Day, than Christmas. We always avoid the crazy New Years Eve celebrations outside of our home. Instead we visit with friends and go out for a meal on the first of the New Year. I'm done with Christmas!

I'll be back later.

Page 99 of 236 < 1 2 ... 97 98 99 100 101 ... 235 236 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Interesting books about the piano, pianists, piano history, biographies, memoirs and more!
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Download & Print Sheet Music Instantly
sheet music search
sheet music search

sheet music search
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
69 registered (AZNpiano, Asmodeus, Alux, AtomicBond, Atrys, 13 invisible), 1150 Guests and 53 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
74318 Members
42 Forums
153721 Topics
2253483 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
The Eagles - Hotel California (Piano Cover)
by Mr. Pianoman
Today at 03:29 AM
Student growing tall
by pianoplayer84
Today at 02:41 AM
Whole tone scales leading to interesting series of keys
by caters
Today at 12:16 AM
Another beginner
by mojoe
Today at 12:02 AM
GH1 tuning pin torque
by awyaks
Yesterday at 11:38 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission