2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
58 members (AlkansBookcase, Barry_Braksick, BadSanta, danbot3, Animisha, Burkhard, aphexdisklavier, 12 invisible), 1,816 guests, and 281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 104 of 370 1 2 102 103 104 105 106 369 370

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Rostosky
Excellent again Griffin, YES! you are absolutely correct, it was indeed Scarlet Rivera who played violin on the Desire albumn, and I firmly believe that albumn would not be what it is without her most melencholy style.... I thought I had been outed there for a moment, as I admit to trying to emulate her style, but on the cello in my waltz!!! ( trying!)

here is what I believe to be the finest example of her playing..... in this particular song off the albumn.... "sara"

I loved it Rossy! The first time I heard Scarlet Rivera perform was when Dylan released "Hurricane," a protest song about the injustices endured by boxer Rubin Carter who was falsely accused and jailed by New Jersey police for a murder he didn't commit. He languished in jail for many years until the conviction was eventually overturned by a court.

I'm back home resting after working a half day. Progress is slower than I'd like. However, progress is happening, and I'm not having any relapses. Oh well, I may find something to post after a nap. I'll check in later.

Last edited by griffin2417; 11/02/11 05:26 PM. Reason: Accidentally submitted pst before it was completed

Carl

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
What I love about this forum is how we are all genuinly concerned about each others welfare.
Personally, I tend to be a bit quiet about mine (which is not a good thing as I bottle stuff up, preffering to use the "cross fingers and hope it goes away" method of dealing with most things in life)

However, this last week I have been totally constipated with something I imagined to be at least the size of a pineapple, complete with the spikey bits on top.
It became a joke in the rossy household, every time I emerged from the loo, mrs R would question "did you do a pineapple?"

For six days the answer was "No".

So, imagine my relief , when today, I just went in the normal fashion, no big deal, and nothing to write home about. No pineapple.

I was so happy, I almost thought I should post this event in the thread entitled "achievement of the week what got you excited"

BUT, Allthough I genuinly and honestly thought it was an "achievement", ( in fact a minor medical marvel) it most certainly did not get me excited, in reality it made me terrified, which is not the same thing.
Because of this , I decided it did not qualify for that thread.

Lesson learnt: chew food better in future, try to eat more
vegatables rather than relying on bacon sarnies for sustanence.

Last edited by Rostosky; 11/02/11 06:16 PM.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
What I love about this forum is how we are all genuinly concerned about each others welfare.
Personally, I tend to be a bit quiet about mine (which is not a good thing as I bottle stuff up, preffering to use the "cross fingers and hope it goes away" method of dealing with most things in life)

However, this last week I have been totally constipated with something I imagined to be at least the size of a pineapple, complete with the spikey bits on top.
It became a joke in the rossy household, every time I emerged from the loo, mrs R would question "did you do a pineapple?"

For six days the answer was "No".

So, imagine my relief , when today, I just went in the normal fashion, no big deal, and nothing to write home about. No pineapple.

I was so happy, I almost thought I should post this event in the thread entitled "achievement of the week what got you excited"

BUT, Allthough I genuinly and honestly thought it was an "achievement", ( in fact a minor medical marvel) it most certainly did not get me excited, in reality it made me terrified, which is not the same thing.
Because of this , I decided it did not qualify for that thread.

Lesson learnt: chew food better in future, try to eat more
vegatables rather than relying on bacon sarnies for sustanence.

laugh
Dude! Get thee to a nutritionist! And how do you manage to find these video gems? I'm amazed!

Last edited by griffin2417; 11/02/11 06:25 PM.

Carl

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Actually Griffin, we do eat quite well, the trouble is for me, if I eat veg or fruit or even just drink fruit juice, I get terrible pain in my chest the next day, seriously, and to make it worse, I allways forget it will be just trapped wind, and think its the beginings of a heart attack....
why I forget I just dont know, It allways results in a close call to a full blown panic attack...for real.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
So, going to the conservatory today to practice I of course had to go into Starbucks to buy a coffee, since piano playing is a physical impossibility without one (that's just Science) and do you know what I saw?

[Linked Image]

Last edited by polyphasicpianist; 11/02/11 07:30 PM. Reason: I bet your all dying to know what kind of coffee I bought aren't you?
3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
PPP, that is one of the problems with starbucks as I understand it, the staff do not know the difference between amides and amines, leading to some very bad chemistry in your brew..
I feel confident, in mr.Hofffmans own recipe, which (owing to it's exceptional purity) would not have produced such a bad trip as you so obviously suffered at starbucks.

In an effort to try and talk you down, rest assured that it is not Christmas yet, nor will it be for at least another two calender months, a litre or two of orange juice is also advocated to bring you back down, but valium will work a lot faster.

May I suggest making your own brew in a flask in future, and dont drink out of opened bottles or containers even if they are passed to you by so called friends.
You had a lucky escape, some folk have seen christopher walken after being contaminated with ergot.

Last edited by Rostosky; 11/02/11 09:56 PM. Reason: Richard kemp and Christine bott had a lovely cottage here in wales.

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Actually Griffin, we do eat quite well, the trouble is for me, if I eat veg or fruit or even just drink fruit juice, I get terrible pain in my chest the next day, seriously, and to make it worse, I allways forget it will be just trapped wind, and think its the beginings of a heart attack....
why I forget I just dont know, It allways results in a close call to a full blown panic attack...for real.

Sorry! I didn't understand it was like that. That's a bummer when things that should be good for you actually hurt you. Yikes!

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Good morning everyone! I'll be heading into the office soon and I've been contemplating some memory lane music. For some reason Simon & Garfunkel keeps coming into mind. Somehow that seems fitting with my recollections of the days I was getting ready to graduate from college and start another life of new experiences.

Rossy, I was also thinking of you as I listened to this old time favorite of mine. I hope you'll enjoy, "Bridge Over Troubled Water".

Carl

S
S
Hey,

I'm new round these parts but there is some mighty fine music in this thread so I thought I'd share my morning listening. Found this version of Max Richter On the Nature of Daylight this morning and am enjoying it very muchly:

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
excellent Sketches, you are very welcome indeed, the more the merrier!! we love hearing everyones favourite music, no matter what the genre or style, wow, you registered on Halloween!!!

Griffin, thats my favourite S+G albumn, and I dont think there is a track on it I dont like!
Today is a tricksy day for me, unbelieveably I have to do three things that may keep me away from this thread for a total of 17 mins.. which is annoying, but sometimes life really throws a spaniard in the works.

Sorry in advance Recaredo, I actually meant a spanner, but was to lazy to go back and correct this mistake, and chose to try and gloss over the mistake with drival.

later dudes and dudettes.

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Got an email from Pw, it said I get to have a birthday cake today, but I dont see it??

Last edited by Rostosky; 11/03/11 08:43 AM.

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Griffin, thats my favourite S+G albumn, and I dont think there is a track on it I dont like!

thumb
YES!! I had no idea. You just came to mind when I listened. Dang, I'm good laugh.
I'll be back shortly

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

If I understand correctly, it's Rossy's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSSY!!! yippie
I'm also going to combine my birthday greetings with an expression of my deepest and sincerest appreciation to you for starting this amazing "Rostoskys Serious Thread (by request)". Personally, for me it has become home. The folks here are friendly, caring, respectful, and collegial people. We have you to thank.

Rossy, I'm sorry I can't serve you my favorite carrot cake. However, I have something far better for you to enjoy -- Music, of course!

Here is the Gospel Sunshine Choir, "I Believe I Can Fly."

Carl

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
No, seriously Griffin, we have everyone else to thank including your good self for supporting and making the thread what it is!! I started it ,but only by sheer accident..lol.
I dont celebrate birthdays, but wondered where my cake was that PW emailed me to tell me I should have?
I am confused, maybe it was a sort of cake-joke.

here is a riddle: what has roads but no cars, forests but no trees, lakes with no water?

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
No, seriously Griffin, we have everyone else to thank including your good self for supporting and making the thread what it is!! I started it ,but only by sheer accident..lol.
I dont celebrate birthdays, but wondered where my cake was that PW emailed me to tell me I should have?
I am confused, maybe it was a sort of cake-joke.

here is a riddle: what has roads but no cars, forests but no trees, lakes with no water?

Okay Rossy. I know how this goes. My partner doesn't care for a lot of fuss over his birthday, and I totally respect that and will modify this a bit.

Let's just say I'll take this opportunity to say how much I love sharing my music with everyone here. I feel joy being a part of this. Thanks EVERYONE!

How's that Rossy? grin I hope you enjoyed the music!

BTW. I'll leave solving the riddle to someone else with more experience. Frankly, I'm clueless with riddles. Hey, this is a team! Someone else can jump in with solving the riddle.

I'm off to work. Have a great day!

Last edited by griffin2417; 11/03/11 12:24 PM.

Carl

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I only wanted to say hi to everybody. I hope you all are doing well.

Rossy, Happy birthday and I hope you have many more in our company!

BTW, the riddle is a… map?

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
yes it is a map !!! well done !!!

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014
7000 Post Club Member
Ho ho Rossy you won't get a birthday cakey symbol unless you hve your bd listed in your profile (and you don't!)....

I hope your day is going splendidly!
Many happy returns!

[Linked Image]
18 ABF Recitals, Order of the Red Dot
European Piano Parties - Brussels, Lisbon, Lucern, Milan, Malaga, St. Goar
Themed recitals: Grieg and Great American Songbook

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Oh yes he will!

Happy Birthday Rossy!

[Linked Image]

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Ah, I see, thanks Cas, PW emailed me to say I would have one today, and I thought they knew what they were doing, and it was me that didnt.....
I dont like thinking about birthdays, and pretend they are not happening, like lots of stuff really.
My day is going with "Boxs" there is a pitza in a box, and two curries in boxes and some piri piri chicken in a box, but thats frozen and will need longer to cook.

I dont normally eat box food, but today I bought all these items myself in a frenzy of self loathing and lazyness.

Its a pressie to myself for predicting the mess in greece. ( go, greece, go, bring down the euro with your excellent referendum idea, while I sit and eat rubbish out of a box and laugh with my "change jar" full of sterling and nothing at all invested in euros.)

when will folk ever learn, You can never garauntee that any "paper" money will ever be worth anything...

Its just pieces of paper with writing on. gold is actually worth something and allways has been, and can be predicted to be in the future.....

Its a bit sad that folk go to work for forty hours a week, to be preseneted with an envelope at the end of it with bits of paper in that have no intrinsic value of themselves....

We should all demand to be paid in gold... and maybe some box food.

Last edited by Rostosky; 11/03/11 02:58 PM.

Page 104 of 370 1 2 102 103 104 105 106 369 370

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,260
Members111,633
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission