2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
35 members (David B, AlkansBookcase, Bruce Sato, dh371, APianistHasNoName, BillS728, bcalvanese, 10 invisible), 1,199 guests, and 297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
G
Originally Posted by Brent H
When a father presents his infant to you and says "Isn't she beautiful?" it may well be that the baby is in fact hideously ugly. No reasonable person would take the "truth" of the baby's ugliness as a requirement to respond "Heck no, that's the ugliest baby I've ever seen". Most of us would either say nothing or make an oblique comment like "You must be very pround of her".

But I guarantee if the baby's picture were presented online instead of in person, one or more individuals hiding behind anonymous screen names would feel "obliged" to inform the father exactly how unattractive that infant appears to themselves.

LOLOL
Not only would there be insults, they would be full of as many four-letter-words as possible. laugh

I tell everyone who I am close to that ALL babies look ugly to me. Kittens are cute, puppies are cute, new-borns (humans) look like some kind of biological mistake to me. When they get a bit older, then I can see the "cuteness". smile

As for honesty, if we all became telepathic tomorrow, the world would be over in 24 hours!

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by kevinb
Originally Posted by polyphasicpianist
I feel truth is important, and if someone states something fallacious I shall point it out, regardless how that makes them feel.

Are you married? wink

You know that stupid YouTube commercial where the girl gets World of Warcraft as a present from her boyfriend for her birthday, and then she gets really into the game and the boyfriend says "I think you like that game more than you like me." And she says "Yeah, You're right" and then dumps him. Here is my real world version.

My Girlfriend: "I think you like all this science and music stuff more than you like me."

Me: 'Yeah, I think your probably right.'

Then she dumped my ass. True Story.

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Gary D.
Originally Posted by Brent H
When a father presents his infant to you and says "Isn't she beautiful?" it may well be that the baby is in fact hideously ugly. No reasonable person would take the "truth" of the baby's ugliness as a requirement to respond "Heck no, that's the ugliest baby I've ever seen". Most of us would either say nothing or make an oblique comment like "You must be very pround of her".

But I guarantee if the baby's picture were presented online instead of in person, one or more individuals hiding behind anonymous screen names would feel "obliged" to inform the father exactly how unattractive that infant appears to themselves.

LOLOL
Not only would there be insults, they would be full of as many four-letter-words as possible. laugh

I tell everyone who I am close to that ALL babies look ugly to me. Kittens are cute, puppies are cute, new-borns (humans) look like some kind of biological mistake to me. When they get a bit older, then I can see the "cuteness". smile

As for honesty, if we all became telepathic tomorrow, the world would be over in 24 hours!

Hahahaha,

My sentiments exactly!!! grin

Jerry Groot RPT
Piano Technicians Guild
Grand Rapids, Michigan
www.grootpiano.com

We love to play BF2.
T
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
T
A while back, I was required to answer the phone in a prescribed manner from which I was not authorized to deviate:

Ring, ring.

"Public Works Department, John Smith speaking, this phone is NOT secure, may I help you sir or ma'am?"

gotta go practice
G
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
G
Originally Posted by TimR
A while back, I was required to answer the phone in a prescribed manner from which I was not authorized to deviate:

Ring, ring.

"Public Works Department, John Smith speaking, this phone is NOT secure, may I help you sir or ma'am?"

That's only one illogical step away from:

"Have I reached the party to whom I am speaking?"

laugh

E
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
E
Originally Posted by apple*
anyway, manners make life smooth and pleasant.

I sincerely apologize if I have offended anyone with this tangential post. Sorry, i don't use capitals.. Microsoft Word automatically puts them in and makes my business writing easier. .. and grammar and punctuation? what are those?

:-)

G
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
G
Originally Posted by apple*

I sincerely apologize if I have offended anyone with this tangential post. Sorry, i don't use capitals.. Microsoft Word automatically puts them in and makes my business writing easier. .. and grammar and punctuation? what are those?

have a nice day.

We don't check for spelling here. We check for accidentals. laugh

By the way, I don't have a spill chucker, uh, spear chunker, uh spel cheker. I'm sure many people have notissed... laugh

6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
It's such a blessing to see native speakers having a bad tpying day... I'm not the only one with tpyos it seems! wink

G
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
G
Originally Posted by Nikolas
It's such a blessing to see native speakers having a bad tpying day... I'm not the only one with tpyos it seems! wink

Typos are easy to fix, eventually. Just takes a bit more time.

But I am truly a horrible speller, and even with constant work, I still have to check simple words.

Now, are typos bad manners? laugh

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,159
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission