2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
59 members (Adam Reynolds, AJMurphy, Barry_Braksick, AlkansBookcase, APianistHasNoName, Carey, brdwyguy, beeboss, 7 invisible), 1,596 guests, and 222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 144 of 370 1 2 142 143 144 145 146 369 370
L

Silver Supporter until Jan 05 2013

L
Love the Simon and Garfunkel selections. More great memories from the angst-ridden teen years. I had a wonderful ex-hippie English teacher in jr. high (had quite a few hippie teachers, as a matter of fact, being the mid-to-late 70s, along with the nuns and old ladies in comfortable shoes) who gave us song lyrics to interpret along with(mostly instead of) the poetry we were supposed to be studying. So I learned all about S&G, Dylan and various other folk singers and such. This one has always stuck in my mind.

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2_2lGkEU4Xs[/video]

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
LisaE , yes the seventies, did you see the suits and the platform boots? well I am sad to hear you had to wear Clarks T bar shoes, very sensible and hard wearing but totally embarressing in front of ones peers.

Recaredo, it is best to look for the inner beauty in everyone indeed, and everyone does have some to find, if one looks. For sexyfuntime though it can oft be helpfull to have some outer beauty of some description, or at the worst, a good wardrobe technique to hide the unsightly parts.
Or a dark room.

Anywaysey, Its nearly christmas, and I still have not recieved a pressie OffWayne or Griffin., or AimeeO or Eglantine or anyone really...

Boo Hooo.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
L

L
Yes, Rossy, platform boots (which I did not need, at 5'7" at age 13, when the boys were all short), super wide-leg pants, and hideous colours. We all looked so ridiculous. But the music was great.

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Ah yes Lisa. I definitely remember this song. I was in college. I was probably sporting a short Afro hair style, wire rimmed eyeglasses, and my first pair of bell bottom pants were green pin stripes. The platform shoes were not in yet. That came a few years later.

Glad you enjoyed Simon & Garfunkel. smile

Carl

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Here's my favorite Simon & Garfunkel song. I borrowed the 45 from my parents some time in Jr. High and it got a lot of play until I gave it back when I moved out.

I'll figure it out eventually.
Until then you may want to keep a safe distance.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Rostosky

Anywaysey, Its nearly christmas, and I still have not recieved a pressie OffWayne or Griffin., or AimeeO or Eglantine or anyone really...

Boo Hooo.

Good morning Rossy! I'm finding that giving you a present is quite a technical challenge for me. I seem to lack the technical skills to figure out how to embed a simple image in this thread.

However, I think I've come up with a lovely present for you that should please you, and not stress me out trying to present you with my photo card. You have to share your gift with everyone viewing this thread! I'm sure you won't mind, however.

MERRY CHRISTMAS ROSSY!!!

Rumillajta- La Guambrita

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Since we seem to be going down Memory Lane I'm going to share this performance by Richie Havens of "Here Comes the Sun."

Last edited by griffin2417; 12/24/11 01:38 PM.

Carl

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Oh most excellent pressie Griffin, I have to admit to opening it early... well its 2.19 pm here on christmas eve and there is one massive chicken in rossys oven, it had its skin lifted and half a pound of butter mixed with loads of garlic and fresh lemon were then inserted under the skin, skin put back down and rest of the lemons stuffed inside.

Just having a brew and a ciggy, and then on to preparing the 2kilos of venison ...this will be cooked in red wine slowly....

Young rossy is due on one of the two buses that will pass by today..

My first Seventies posting from the seventies is brought to you by Mott The Hoople and it mentions the suits and platform boots!!!! Also, Mrs R was born in the kings road Chelsea, and it mentions that...

So here we go folks Saturday Gigs...... Hooples "goodbye" song...

With Ian blaming Verdan allen for being the first person to leave hOople and also resposible for the reunion!! In this Verden holds up one of Pete "overend" watts platform boots from the seventies!!!

Pete had the letter "O" written on one of his trainers and the letter "W" on the other , for Overend watts of course.....

It is suspected that Ian may have filled in the rest; "Old and wa*ker" this was visable during all the reunion gigs....

there is a tag hanging from petes bass guitar, much speculation about what this tag said abounded, pete kept dipping the head of his bass into the audience, one guy grabbed the tag and the mystery was solved.. it read "do not polish"

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
No christmas would be the same without some Slade, but ignoring the christmas song they wrote, I will post the best song they ever wrote....
a most excellent chorus in this song.....

How does it feel..?

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
And for the third of my christmas eve postings, I thought "how about some wizard?" and then I thought, lets just have Roy wood instead, well with the rest of the move that is!!

Blackberry way...

Silver Supporter until Jan 01 2013
500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
The 70s?

I have just two words: hot pants.
Well, four words: home made hot pants.
The platforms came later. Som bloke in Spain said to me at the time - while on my hols - "Why are you wearing those shoes?" Why indeed. 'Cos we had them in the UK, but they didn't get as far as Spain.

I remember Little Boxes. In fact, I quoted it to an architect friend only this week. I remember the Pete Seeger version.

I've just dispatched some Christmas visitors with a book about keeping bees, and the 'ransom' version of fridge magnets. Fortunately, I was also able to provide them with half a dozen mince pies, fresh out of the oven. (I know they already have some fridge magnets, and I'm feeling they may already have these ones.)

As we are on a classic 70s jag, here's David playing the piano:

Currently working on: F. Couperin - Preludes & Sweelinck - Fantasia Chromatica
J.S. Bach, Einaudi, Purcell, Froberger, Croft, Blow, Frescobaldi, Glass, Couperin
1930s upright (piano) & single manual William Foster (harpsichord)
[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
I'm going to guess this was likely not their best work, but its what I'm most familiar with, I like it and it brings back great teenagerhood memories. My best friend and I watched a lot of MTV and this got pretty heavy play for a while. She would imitate all the stupid faces the band makes in the video.

I'll figure it out eventually.
Until then you may want to keep a safe distance.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Hi Everyone! I'm just dropping by to nose around a bit. I'm looking forward to listening to all of these postings!! I can see several I'm familiar with. We're doing food preparations for Christmas Day. I'll be around all day. I have a few musical treats to share this evening!

Carl

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
Hi all!

Glad to hear preparations are well underway griffin.

I'm currently working on my 6th Billy CD tower, courtesy of Ikea. I just moved the 'B's from case 1 to 2, and came across this lovely 2010 album from Bonobo, Black Sands. I saw Bonobo live this year at Koko in Camden (yes, the location of the last known sighting of Bon Scott), and I'd already seen them at a festival in 2010. Amazing live band (12+ members) and brilliant album. It's got soul, funk, great female vocalists, about five brass players, dance, tunes! Turn it up to 11 on the hi-fi!

Bonobo are on the indie London label Ninja Tunes, which has been bringing out great music for 21 years now. If you ever get the chance to catch Bonobo live, do try and make it. Excellent show.

J.S. Bach, Einaudi, Purcell, Froberger, Croft, Blow, Frescobaldi, Glass, Couperin
[Linked Image]
A

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013
500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
A
Hey everybody!

We had our Christmas dinner Wednesday... standing rib roast, Yorkshire pudding, mashed 'taters, acorn squash, and corn. Oh BillyO wanted some Stove Top stuffing, too, so we had that also (totally white trash, but it is delicious!). We topped it off with our favorite Pinot Noir and had a great time.

Tonight, we will open presents at 12:01am. That way, I won't wake BillyO up at the crack of dawn. Works for us.

Sounds like everyone is busy busy with their Christmas prep! Have a great one!

Now here's some stuff.

Here's Martha Argerich and Nicolas Economou, performing Tchaikovsky's Waltz of the Flowers on two pianos.

A

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
A
I love this version of Baby It's Cold Outside:

A

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
A
Here's Cartman singing Oh Holy Night. I must have South Park in my Christmas.

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
Oh Cartman rulz, Aimee!
Did you really kill Kenny? laugh

What would make a totally white trash xmas?

[Linked Image]
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Eglantine

What would make a totally white trash xmas?

BTW, I love Zooey Deschanel, it is absolutely criminal how adorable she is.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Everyone plays Tchaikovsky at Christmas, but how about some wonderfully cheerful music from Prokofiev.

Page 144 of 370 1 2 142 143 144 145 146 369 370

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,310
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission