Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pianoteq
Latest Pianoteq add-on instrument: U4 upright piano
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 103 of 238 < 1 2 ... 101 102 103 104 105 ... 237 238 >
Topic Options
#1819041 - 01/05/12 11:39 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: griffin2417]
Eglantine Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 01 2013

Loc: Another Country
Originally Posted By: griffin2417
Originally Posted By: Eglantine
Right, I reckon I must still have a box of CDs somewhere. There's a few things missing, surely? I can name some of them.

But where can it be? I've searched high and low in every cupboard. Do I bet on finding this mystery box? Or is it in my imagination? Is it just full of records I think I bought? Arghhh!

This sounds strangely familiar Eglantine! I've chosen to believe that there's an invisible force that likes to mess with our minds and temporarily locates our stuff in another dimension. That's why I haven't been able to locate one of my favorite Lionel Richie CDs. Well, that's my story, and I'm sticking with it! grin

I loved Popol Vuh. I first heard them in the 1980s on a weekly radio program called "Hearts of Space." I'll be back shortly.

Griffin, I've decided to think laterally. They may not be a box (there were 13 big Ikea boxes)... they may be a pile!!

(ads P/S)

Sauter Pianos

#1819122 - 01/05/12 02:16 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Sheffield UK
Happy New Year Guys smile

Sorry I've not been in touch for a while, what with the Xmas & New year partying and all! Omg, didn't get up till 1.15pm today and was suppose to be at work for 1pm (Oh dear)

Piano wise, not done much apart from start on the Hanon exercises, they're quite good smile Not quite up to this speed yet though lol wink

also my sis in law wants me to learn this; (got the sheet music today)

GLAD TO BE BACK! wink

#1819133 - 01/05/12 02:26 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Oh! looks like I'm a PW Pauper! Can't believe how much I've missed in a week!

#1819134 - 01/05/12 02:28 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
BeccaBb Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Thunder Bay, On Canada
Welcome back Wayne! I am a twilight fan myself. smile I seen the book for the music in the store the other day.. I might have to go and buy it! LOL Here's the original version...

Floundering and Lost
Roland RD300NX

#1819136 - 01/05/12 02:30 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

#1819221 - 01/05/12 05:05 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Southeast of Spain
Wayne, Glad to see you are doing the Hanon exercises. I find them very helpful for me.

My website

#1819232 - 01/05/12 05:20 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

The Three Kings have arrived to my city and this means I have a long night. I’ll make the most of playing the piano (with those hateful headphones), while I wait the children fall asleep. I have to be a good servant of The Three Kings!

My website

#1819248 - 01/05/12 05:43 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

And of course some music, like Julia Fischer playing Paganini’s caprice No. 16

My website

#1819272 - 01/05/12 06:43 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

The worst is when the children pretend to be asleep. BTW, once The Three Kings gave me this CD. It’s absolutely amazing.

My website

#1819286 - 01/05/12 07:10 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lost in cyberspace.in the UK.
Excellent posts dudes and dudettes!!
Thanks Eglantine, now I am wiser.. (marginally!) the box of cd's music will only turn up when you are not looking for it and are looking for something else.
It's the rule.

Wayne, MrsR made me my own badge because I am poor at the moment too.
I was going to have a badge that just said "Pauper" but went with the rainbow felt one instead.

Good luck with the three kings Recaredo, aren't they a bit late to the party?
Or is this a different party alltogether?

Today we have to take down our christmas trees or we get bad luck, apparently, allthough we once left it till June through a combination of lazyness and a love of the pretty lights.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project

#1819291 - 01/05/12 07:22 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Yes, tomorrow we’ll take down the Christmas tree. I hope you all have enjoyed this Christmas.

Well, my work is done. The Three kings have to be happy. I suppose they arrive about 5:00 AM.

Good night!

My website

#1819302 - 01/05/12 07:39 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Night night Recaredo, I think they may arrive at 4.46 am so be carefull you are ready.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

#1819483 - 01/06/12 02:05 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

OH no, while constructing my new piece of music, which is a song, and hopefully will have words...
I got myself in a right old tangle...
After writing one complex part of arpegioed background, which i was glad to finally get down right..
I then noticed something....
I had written it in 6/8 time. And therefore all the other bits will now have to be written in this timing, as i am not going to change the bit thats allready down.

I got to wondering, are there many songs written in 6/8 time? you know with verses and choruses?

Make it more difficult than it needs to be for yourself Rossy, why dont you? lol.

And todays most beautifull music....
from the excellent film Ghostworld ( with the excellent Thora Birch)
This piece written By david Kitay...

enjoy ... AHHH thats where you heard it !!!! LOL

Edited by Rostosky (01/06/12 02:22 AM)

#1819505 - 01/06/12 04:06 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Recaredo]
polyphasicpianist Offline
1000 Post Club Member

I adore Bach's Violin stuff, its always a treat to hear especially since his keyboard works are what garner much of the limelight. I am not sure why, but Baroque violin always seems so much more fun then all the stuff that proceeded it. I guess it is because you don't get much of that intense vibrato and long sweeping dynamics which clutter the melody. The sound is so much more concentrated and doesn't hide behind all that melodrama that has become the norm since the romantics got hold of the instrument. And yet those good ol' Baroque composers can still be as emotionally potent as anything else you will find.

#1819524 - 01/06/12 05:51 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Eglantine Offline

Originally Posted By: Rostosky
Excellent posts dudes and dudettes!!
Thanks Eglantine, now I am wiser.. (marginally!) the box of cd's music will only turn up when you are not looking for it and are looking for something else.
It's the rule.

Indeed it is the rule. I found my sewing box, missing for at least a year.

Edit: Rossy, the hot pants pattern is Le-Roy/Weldons, pattern No. 9380. They have a bib. (Yes, I've just found the patterns box. )

Edited by Eglantine (01/06/12 06:23 AM)

#1819525 - 01/06/12 05:55 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

PPP "bachs violin stuff" can you imagine, someone goes round to visit Bach one day, and they sidle up to a table crammed with score manuscripts, and they say "What are these?"

Bach says " oh, thats my violin stuff" lol.

#1819563 - 01/06/12 08:42 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
griffin2417 Offline

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012

Loc: Minneapolis, MN

Good morning everyone! Wayne, I'm glad you're back. You're lucky Rossy didn't come up with a colorful speculation about your absence! laugh

Speaking of absence... I won't have time to post today because I'm going to spend some time with my nephew and his family. I'm looking forward to that. I will be back later today, however. Enjoy your Friday!

#1819705 - 01/06/12 02:00 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Evening all, yes lucky me Griffin wink

Well I'm off work till tuesday, yipppeeee, so I'll be around this weekend smile

#1819762 - 01/06/12 04:15 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Cool!

#1819766 - 01/06/12 04:28 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
wayne33yrs Offline
1000 Post Club Member

PPP the Lady G spoof was ace! smile

#1819903 - 01/06/12 07:50 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
polyphasicpianist Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Rostosky

Bach says " oh, thats my violin stuff" lol.

No, what he would say is "Oh, dat'st mein fiolin stuff."

BTW
Glad you liked the Gaga Wayne. Perhaps you might like this as well. I am still trying to wipe the smile off my face after seeing this one.

#1819943 - 01/06/12 08:57 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Ah, Eglantine, not knowing what a "bib" was, I asked mrs R who said; "Oh yes very seventies" and then explained what a bib was...
However, I cant quite get a mental picture together and wanted to make a small request: if you could just put them on and take a photo in the interests of research, this will do the trick.

Of course, if you dont have them anymore, you do have the pattern, and are now back in possesion of your sewing box, so could quickly make them.
If you are not very dextrous with the sewing machine, I believe wayne is a dab hand on the old singer.
I bet waynes is electric though, I think tredles are more amusing.
My favourite thing to do is fix the tensioner that ladies have a habit of taking apart and then putting back together incorrectly and wondering why it doesnt work.

How many ladies have not cursed the tensioner? Its the rule.

#1820080 - 01/07/12 03:11 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Well, its been a while since I was up in the smoke, ( as opposed to being up in smoke by cheech and chong)

anyways, Shopping at Harvey Nichols, does not a lady make....
As this video aptly shows...

#1820136 - 01/07/12 07:30 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Eglantine Offline

Looking at more albums and highlights of the year 2011, I was sorry to see M83: Hurry Up, We're Dreaming didn't make it into the Guardian's 2011 staff picks, as many of those leaving comments on the Guardian site complained. But over at Pitchfork it came in at number 3, and Nicolas Jaar's Space is Only Noise - which I posted about here earlier in the year - came in at number 20. Both lovely albums.

2011 has been a bit of a year for the ladies: brill albums from two of the UK's most brilliant women: PJ Harvey and Kate Bush.

And also - for the first time ever? - a female DJ/producer, Maya Jane Coles, being awarded number ones right left and centre, and her first BBC Radio 1 Essential Mix slot at the ripe old age of 23(!). Back in 2006, Maya and her manager graciously sneaked us into the VIP field at Bestival, by driving us in and doing some sleight of hand with wristbands and security - in those years the festival camping didn't open to the public on Thursday night and our only other option was to camp in VIP - and the next morning we watched her first ever festival show, performing all her own music. It was brilliant. The tent was empty at the start, 11am slot, but heaving by the end of her set. And she was just 17 years old. It's lovely to see her making it big in 2011 after years of seriously hard slog (she started doing this stuff when she was 15) and good to hear she's planning to issue her first album.

#1820139 - 01/07/12 07:40 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Kate Bush coming out of being a recluse? Excellent news, thats a turn up.. wil go and check out that new albumn...
It's a great place to learn something new every day, thanks Eglantine..!!!!!
Oh so sorry: good morning to you!!!

#1820141 - 01/07/12 07:51 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Eglantine Offline

Here's Polly playing the piano: White Chalk.

and from her latest album: The Last Living Rose.

#1820144 - 01/07/12 07:58 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Eglantine Offline

Interview with Kate on BBC Radio 4 Front Row. Yes, it's a concept album!

#1820149 - 01/07/12 08:16 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Eglantine Offline

Rossy, over xmas I've kind of lost track whether it's morning or afternoon! I've also lost track of what day it is. I shall, perhaps, have to return to the real world next week.

The Dundee cake is now all finished. Shall I make one more round of mince pies with the left-over mincemeat? Vote now!!

I've also been told the xmas deccies should have been down yesterday, but I'm still mulling on that one.

Meanwhile, M83 is on rotation:

#1820196 - 01/07/12 09:55 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
BeccaBb Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Thunder Bay, On Canada
Good morning all! I like that Kate Bush.. very nice stuff!

Wish me luck guys! I'm off to look at an acoustic piano today! Bringing a techie with me. I hope it's playable! I'll update ya's after. smile

Floundering and Lost
Roland RD300NX

#1820219 - 01/07/12 10:35 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Eglantine Offline

Oh, good luck indeed! That's so exciting!! Fingers crossed.

Page 103 of 238 < 1 2 ... 101 102 103 104 105 ... 237 238 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
U.S. Treasury Auctioning Steinway Art Case Concert Grand
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
117 registered (AndresD, Alex1, Almaviva, AlanD, 32 invisible), 1555 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
75487 Members
42 Forums
156075 Topics
2291938 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
New Topics - Multiple Forums
What brand of solid string to use?
by Grandpianoman
24 minutes 30 seconds ago
"Rhodes" sound -- variation with volume?
by Charles Cohen
Today at 08:59 PM
That last 10%
by gooddog
Today at 08:24 PM
Hamelin Review from the Mannes Keyboard program in NYC
by Serge Marinkovic
Today at 08:03 PM
Recommend me some Shostakovich
by TwoSnowflakes
Today at 07:43 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission