2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
38 members (benkeys, Burkhard, David Boyce, 20/20 Vision, Animisha, beeboss, Cominut, brennbaer, crab89, aphexdisklavier, 3 invisible), 1,339 guests, and 281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 174 of 370 1 2 172 173 174 175 176 369 370
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
That was not awfull PPP, awfull is not as bad as that was, that was horrrid.

I never ever, ever, not even once, want to hear that "Hungarian rock" played on what amounts to a "Blackpool ballroom wurlitzter organ" ever again.

It made my ears bleed, it made Mrs R deny me matrimonial pleasures, and my dog had spontaneous ruptured heamerrhoids, and that was all with the volume on only 23 percent.

It was the singular most horrid noise that has ever eminated from my almost new laptop, and has voided the garauntee.

REASON FOR EDIT; I totally forgot to mention that not only would i never pay for a ticket to see this guy, but even if he paid me I would not go and listen, not even with ear plugs, just in case.

Not even for ten thousand an hour ( pounds not euros)
I couldnt, its tuneless, I would implode with the sonic assault.
now i have to go and have a toasted cheese sarnie for comfort food.

Last edited by Rostosky; 01/29/12 12:21 AM.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Well, if you didn't like it on that organ, then perhaps you might like it more on this harpsichord. grin

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
PPP have you ever had a nightmare where you nightmare that you have woken up, except that you havent, and the nigtmare continues by repeating its original form of frightfest?

Playing this alleged tune on a different instrument does not make it any better at all.

I would dearly love to hear it on a digital piano that has had its speakers removed or even destroyed by fire.

REASON FOR EDIT: PPP has done the unthinkable, he has found something worse than jazz.. ( marginally and arguably)

I need comfort food prefferably direct from lady udders.

Last edited by Rostosky; 01/29/12 01:07 AM.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
quick post before I go off for a sleep! grace slick and no more heroes.

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012
2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
Good morning everyone! It's time for Classical Sunday postings. My first post is trumpeter Maurice Andre performing "Concerto for Trumpet No. 1 in E flat" by Johann Wilhelm Hertel.

Movement 1

Movement 2

Movement 3

Last edited by griffin2417; 01/29/12 09:39 AM.

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

My next post will be a performance by pianist Ingrid Haebler Posthumous 1-4 by by Chopin.

Posthumous 1 -

Posthumous 2

Posthumous 3

Posthumous 4

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

This is one of those fun moments in research when you're looking for one piece of information and discover something new. I enjoyed this short organ Sonata by Felix Mendelssohn and hope you enjoy it as well.

Sonata 3 in A major - Con Moto Maestoso

Carl

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member
My final post for today is soprano Leontyne Price performing Alleluja from Exsultate Jubilate by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. She is accompanied by Wiener Philharmoniker under the direction of Herbert von Karajan in 1961.

Last edited by griffin2417; 01/29/12 11:08 AM.

Carl

A

Silver Supporter until Jan 04 2013
500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
A
I listened to the Hungarian Rock thing, and it sounds like Morse code or something.

ok I think I am figuring something out. So Wayne gives the aliens a fake Rossy badge. Shortly after, PPP shows up and posted that oddness. Twice. Did they get to him too? I think they used the badge to identify other members, and tried to infiltrate the thread to tell us something. I am frightened.

I knew something was up when the page turner wore a billowy jacket. They must be preparing for a ritual.

Anyway.
Rossy, we both like dogs but our hours are such that it wouldn't be nice to the dog. We'd also rather have a larger yard. I'd have a couple more cats, too, if I could, but Dinah will be 16 this year and is quite happy being the ruler of her universe. I send money to an animal rescue organization, 'cause their commercials traumatize me and I have to turn off the TV.

Great stuff as usual, Griffin. I especially like the Chopin. The Hertel made me smile. The mention of a trumpet makes me think of a friend of mine. He recently picked the trumpet back up and he drives to a park and plays in his car so no one will have to hear him.

Here's some Boyce.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Wow Griffin! there are many pleasant surprises for me in your posts. I knew nothing about the composer Johann Wilhelm Hertel and the soprano Leontyne Price. I didn’t know those posthumous works by Chopin either. I’ve really enjoyed them.

Mendelssohn’s sonata was also a surprise. Fantastic Sunday posts, as usual.

Thanks Griffin.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Aimee, that was a lovely concerto. I didn't know it either. This Sunday I'm learning a lot.

BTW, Aimee, are you waiting for your new upright?

A

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
A
Yes I am, Recaredo!! I am giddy giddy! It's going to take a little extra time 'cause they are going to satin the finish for me.

Will post pictures when I get it. I will also, at Rossy's request, post a picture of Dinah.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Congrats Aimee!. You deserve it.

A

500 Post Club Member

500 Post Club Member
A
Thank you!! smile

2000 Post Club Member

2000 Post Club Member

Hi Aimee and Recaredo! I'm glad you enjoyed my postings today! I'm studying more of Chopin's music right now because I'm pleased to report that my teacher feels I'm far enough along with my work on Clair de Lune that I'm ready to start working on another piece as well, and we've chosen "Raindrop Prelude." yippie Anyway, that's how I got into Chopin's music for this weekend's posting.

Recaredo, I'm glad you liked my musical surprises. I must admit the Mendelssohn was the biggest surprise for me in doing my research. I had no idea that he had composed any music involving an organ! As for Leontyne Price, she and Marian Anderson were among the favorities in my family. I was in junior high school when I first heard her on TV. I remember the excitement one evening when I learned my mother and her friends were all going to a recital she was performing in St. Paul. I wish I could have gone!

Aimee, I truly enjoyed the Boyce concerto. It was beautiful. I had not heard of Boyce before. Thanks!

I'll be in and out today with a few errands and some piano practice. I'm also expecting to hear from Rossy about the Desert Island thing. I'm supposed to be the first Castaway next Sunday. You two should get involved too. It could be fun!

Off to piano practice. I will be back later!

Carl

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Wonderfull posts folks, I particularly liked the mendlessohn, he is a favourite of mine.
AimeeO , I would prefer a picture of the new piano rather than the furby, i am glad you too found the hungarian rock as awfull as I did. It wasnt just me!!

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
In the line at the supermarket, the cashier told an older woman that she should bring her own grocery bags because plastic bags weren't good for the environment.

The woman apologised to him and explained, "We didn't have the green thing back in my day."

The clerk responded, "That's our problem today. Your generation did not care enough to save our environment."

He was right -- our generation didn't have the green thing in its day.

Back then, we returned milk bottles, coke bottles and beer bottles to the corner shop. They sent them back to the factory to be washed and sterilised and refilled, so it could use the same bottles over and over. So they really were recycled. But we didn't have the green thing back in our day.

We walked up stairs, because we didn't have an escalator in every store and office building. We walked to the corner shop and didn't climb into a 300-horsepower machine every time we had to go two hundred yards into town. But she was right. We didn't have the green thing in our day.

Back then, we washed the baby's nappies because we didn't have disposables. We dried clothes on a line, not in an energy gobbling machine burning up 220 volts - wind and solar power really did dry the clothes. Kids got hand-me-down clothes from their brothers or sisters, not always brand-new logoed clothing. But that old lady is right; we didn't have the green thing back in our day.

Back then, we had one TV, or radio, in the house - not a TV in every room. And the TV had a small screen the size of a handkerchief (remember them?), not a screen the size of Kent . In the kitchen, we blended and stirred by hand because we didn't have electric machines to do everything for us. When we packaged a fragile item to send in the post, we used a wadded up old newspaper to cushion it, not bubble wrap. Back then, we didn't fire up an engine and burn petrol just to cut the lawn. We used a push mower that ran on human power. We exercised by working so that we didn't need to go to a health club to run on treadmills that operate on electricity. But she's right; we didn't have the green thing back then.

We drank from a fountain when we were thirsty instead of using a cup or a plastic bottle every time we had a drink of water. We refilled writing pens with ink instead of buying a new pen, and we replaced the razor blades instead of throwing away the whole razor just because the blade got dull. But we didn't have the green thing back then.

Back then, people took the bus and kids rode their bikes to school or walked instead of turning their mums into a 24-hour taxi service. We had one electrical outlet in a room, not an entire bank of sockets to power a dozen appliances. And we didn't need a computerised gadget to receive a signal beamed from satellites 2,000 miles out in space in order to find the nearest Dominos Pizza.

But isn't it sad the current generation laments how wasteful we old folks were just because we didn't have the green thing back then?

Please forward this on to another selfish old person who needs a lesson in conservation from a smartass young person.

Remember: Don't make old People mad.

We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to [censored] us off.

G
G
regarding the "green thing". excellent post!!

gw

3000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
3000 Post Club Member
Thanks, but I cant take the credit! my mam emailed it to me from one of her friends!!!

Page 174 of 370 1 2 172 173 174 175 176 369 370

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,183
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission