Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
PianoSupplies.com (150)
Piano Accessories Music Related Gifts Piano Tuning Equipment Piano Moving Equipment
We now offer Gift Certificates in our online store!
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Piano
Quick Links to Useful Stuff
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano Accessories
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#1827154 - 01/18/12 01:56 PM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: MaryBee]
CMohr Offline

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012

Loc: Oregon
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SAM!

We'll all celebrate for you!

(ads P/S)

Petrof Pianos

#1827219 - 01/18/12 03:16 PM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: casinitaly]
Mr Super-Hunky Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Arizona.
Originally Posted By: casinitaly
........by the way Mr. Super-Hunky, sweetie.....have you forgotten something (again? ...still?)...sigh

That's it sweet lips. That's it. I've had enough of the constant nagging, never ending bickering, always demanding more.

I'm gonna put an end to this nonsense once and for all.

You want a tearjerker?, you want sappy? You want over the top emotions? Well you're gonna get it. No turning back now. I've got to start practicing dramatic pauses, delicate fingering and all kinds of gooshy stuff because I'm not holding anything back.

Goosebumps so pronounced you could strip paint from furniture just rubbing your leg against it.

Emotions so overwhelming you'll get all choked up and won't be able to speak (like you swallowed a billiard ball).

You've been warned as.......

Enyas coming!!

#1827231 - 01/18/12 03:24 PM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: BeccaBb]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Chocolatetown, USA
Originally Posted By: BeccaBb

I also find the red dot to be evil. Soon as it turns on it sucks all the breath from me! grin

I have that very same reaction to Angelina Jolie laugh

Actually, the red dot is grossly misunderstood, wrongly maligned and unfairly castigated - while seemingly highly improbable now (and perhaps subject to much derision here), someday it will receive the warm affection and heartfelt gratitude it so richly deserves for it's vital, although indirect, role in the development of advanced pianistic skills and in the enrichment of personal character traits such as confidence and self-assurance.

Think of it as a rough and gruff drill instructor exercising "tough love" for your own ultimate good. Is that thinkable?

Trap

Currently working on: 3,000 posts

Edited by TrapperJohn (01/18/12 03:26 PM)

Current favorite bumper sticker: Wag more, bark less.

#1827328 - 01/18/12 05:27 PM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
casinitaly Offline

Gold Supporter until March 1 2014

Loc: Italy
Originally Posted By: mr_super-hunky
Originally Posted By: casinitaly
........by the way Mr. Super-Hunky, sweetie.....have you forgotten something (again? ...still?)...sigh

That's it sweet lips. That's it. I've had enough of the constant nagging, never ending bickering, always demanding more.

I'm gonna put an end to this nonsense once and for all.

You want a tearjerker?, you want sappy? You want over the top emotions? Well you're gonna get it. No turning back now. I've got to start practicing dramatic pauses, delicate fingering and all kinds of gooshy stuff because I'm not holding anything back.

Goosebumps so pronounced you could strip paint from furniture just rubbing your leg against it.

Emotions so overwhelming you'll get all choked up and won't be able to speak (like you swallowed a billiard ball).

You've been warned as.......

Enyas coming!!

Nagging? Bickering? Demanding? I'm crushed. Deflated. Deeply saddened. A fella promises, so a gal waits. Days, which turn into weeks, then months.... goodness, maybe even a year? I've lost track - never whining, just little gentle reminders, softly spoken questions and then to have this abuse thrown at me....(Director's cue: Raises the back of her hand to her brow, eyes downcast, head turned slightly to the right)

I'm so sorry you've reacted this way my dear Mr. Super-Hunky.....I think, (sniff) that maybe this is ....(sniff, sniff, searches for a dainty monogramed hankie, delicately dabs eyes)..this is the e--...no. I can't bring myself to say it.

Ah, you've achieved the tear jerking without tinkling the ivories!

(more sniffles, exits stage left)

#1827335 - 01/18/12 05:31 PM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Sam S]
Peyton Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Maine
Oh man... "sweetie"? "Sweetlips"? I think you may have to take this to another room.... laugh

Edited by Peyton (01/18/12 05:54 PM)

#1827502 - 01/18/12 10:04 PM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Sam S]
BrokenChord Offline

Loc: Michigan
I hope I can participate, I am trying to finish the final parts of a Mozart piece right now but Im worried It wont be perfect enough for the recital. Especially the Presto parts which can be a swing or a miss :|

I can see myself in the music building recording myself over and over trying to find that "decent enough" performance.

#1827527 - 01/18/12 10:58 PM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: BrokenChord]
Mr Super-Hunky Offline
4000 Post Club Member

Loc: Arizona.
Originally Posted By: BrokenChord
I can see myself in the music building recording myself over and over trying to find that "decent enough" performance.

We need a recital *bloopers* thread. UN-edited, preferably on video.

This would be cheap entertainment at its best.

We could call it "The flying Zoom chronicles" or better yet, "ABF performers gone wild"...a.k.a "When recital participants attack".

Just a thought. It would be histerical to watch.

#1827540 - 01/18/12 11:28 PM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Sam S]
ZoeCalgary Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Calgary Alberta
Yes it would be fun (at least based on my experinces and me talking to the Camera!)

#1827580 - 01/19/12 01:17 AM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Sam S]
jotur Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Santa Fe, NM
And now it's CMohr's turn - happy birthday! What a thread, serial birthdays!

Cathy

#1827598 - 01/19/12 02:04 AM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
Sam Rose Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Los Angeles

We could call it "The flying Zoom chronicles" or better yet, "ABF performers gone wild"...a.k.a "When recital participants attack".

YES!! I've found myself smacking the piano or making strange noises of frustration. A highlight reel of our collective frustrations would be just EPIC!!
Chopin Ballade no 1 in G minor Op.23
My Piano Diary: http://www.youtube.com/sirsardonic
♪ > $

#1827631 - 01/19/12 05:12 AM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: CMohr]
Sam S Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Georgia, USA

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CMohr!

What's with all these January birthdays?

Sam

#1827632 - 01/19/12 05:13 AM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Sam S]
Sam Rose Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Los Angeles
My birthday is on the 30th of January. I'm gonna be 23!! (SO OLD!!!)
Happy almost birthday to me smile
Chopin Ballade no 1 in G minor Op.23
My Piano Diary: http://www.youtube.com/sirsardonic
♪ > $

#1827635 - 01/19/12 05:14 AM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Sam S]
casinitaly Offline

Originally Posted By: Sam S

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CMohr!

Sam

What a lot of celebrations!

Wishing you a very happy day CMohr!

#1827637 - 01/19/12 05:18 AM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Sam S]
Recaredo Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Southeast of Spain
Happy birthday CMohr!

Have a nice day!

My website

#1827661 - 01/19/12 07:15 AM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Mr Super-Hunky]
Peyton Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: BrokenChord

I think you are on to someting.

#1827676 - 01/19/12 07:46 AM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Sam Rose]
Sam S Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Georgia, USA
Originally Posted By: Sam Rose

I have clothes older than you - that I still wear...

Sam

#1827708 - 01/19/12 08:51 AM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Sam S]
casinitaly Offline

Sam

hmmm.....me too. Of course that could just mean that we bought top quality at the beginning of highschool and it still all fits...right. Nobody is going to buy into that, are they?
Ah well, better older than...the alternative!

#1827843 - 01/19/12 01:00 PM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Sam S]
CMohr Offline

Wow, thanks everybody! I'm going to spend part of my day working on my tune for the recital. Then, party all week! laugh

Sam

Same here!

#1827938 - 01/19/12 02:37 PM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Sam S]
Inlanding Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Colorado
Yes, party hearty, CMohr, and keep playing those beautiful tunes you enjoy that we get to enjoy!

A very Happy Birthday to you!

Glen

A Bit of YouTube
PTG Associate Member

#1828138 - 01/19/12 08:19 PM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Sam S]
hawgdriver Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Denver, CO
I don't think I'll have anything ready until this coming Fall, but I'll be listening!

#1828173 - 01/19/12 09:18 PM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Sam S]
Little_Blue_Engine Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Ohio, US

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CMohr!

Sam
All of us January babies were just being "fashionably late" for the New Years Eve parties. I just had my day 2 weeks ago. cool

#1828210 - 01/19/12 10:09 PM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Sam S]
CMohr Offline

HAPPY BELATED LBE! The January b-days are kind of highjacking this thread. grin We all hope to "see" you in the recital! You've already got some really good tunes ready!

#1828266 - 01/20/12 12:16 AM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Sam S]
jotur Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Loc: Santa Fe, NM
Happy birthday Little Blue Engine smile I'll have to admit I've quoted your sig line more than once laugh I love your whole 'tude.

Cathy

#1828332 - 01/20/12 07:20 AM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Sam S]
Peyton Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Nothing like a little pressure to make one finish something. Or kind of finish. I've been working on a NONUMENTAL (rather than monumental) original that I call "Coffee For Breakfast". I started it last recital when I realized after watching my video of the last recital that I've started grinding my teeth as I play. I've also noticed that I'm doing about three cups of coffee (at least) and not eating breakfast. Thus.... the title. I've also noticed that when I've got an original I'm trying to write/play that all other music seems to go down the drain. So I think this will be the last for a while.

And... happy birthday everyone!!! Except for all of you not having a birthday.

Off for more coffee!!

#1828378 - 01/20/12 10:10 AM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Sam S]
BeccaBb Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Thunder Bay, On Canada
Happy Birthday all you January Babes! smile

Floundering and Lost
Roland RD300NX

#1828600 - 01/20/12 04:07 PM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Sam S]
Lain Offline
500 Post Club Member

Happy birthday, January babies!

#1828670 - 01/20/12 06:22 PM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Sam S]
Little_Blue_Engine Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: Ohio, US
Thank you CMohr & jotur & everybody else. I have a day off work with the house completely to myself (aside fron the dogs) coming up next week so I expect to do some recording and get an idea of what I'll likely be submitting. I think its cool that my sig line has been quoted! Sometimes when I read it I kind of chuckle to myself and think of screwdrivers, starter fluid and cotton candy. The screrwdriver & starter fluid go together, the cotton candy was a completely separate incident. whome Nobody was harmed, I swear.

#1828871 - 01/21/12 06:28 AM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Peyton]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Peyton
...I've been working on a NONUMENTAL (rather than monumental) original that I call "Coffee For Breakfast". I started it last recital when I realized after watching my video of the last recital that I've started grinding my teeth as I play. I've also noticed that I'm doing about three cups of coffee (at least) and not eating breakfast. Thus.... the title.

Off for more coffee!!

May I recommend tea instead? Specifically, English Breakfast Tea - less caffeine and more anti-oxidants - and goes better with a tasty blueberry muffin - there is also the claim (made so far mostly by me) that it stimulates the creative centers of the brain and makes the motor-reflex responses of the fingers more nimble (although this theory is still awaiting scientific verification smile ).

Trap

#1828892 - 01/21/12 08:07 AM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: TrapperJohn]
Peyton Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: TrapperJohn

May I recommend tea instead? Specifically, English Breakfast Tea - less caffeine and more anti-oxidants - and goes better with a tasty blueberry muffin - there is also the claim (made so far mostly by me) that it stimulates the creative centers of the brain and makes the motor-reflex responses of the fingers more nimble (although this theory is still awaiting scientific verification smile ).

Trap

But "Tea For Breakfast" sounds so... well, lame. Like some old vasaline on the lens tear jerker hollywood flick. My new nonumental piece starts slow but builds to a frenetic, caffeine induced, throw the metronome away, finger tiring, teeth gnashing dash to the coffee pot. My theory is that there are tunes and melodies lying trapped out there just waiting to be released and exposed to the world. Would tea have released this piece?? I think not! With tea and muffins (even blueberry muffins) I would probably have started off with some pipe smoking, legs crossed, eyes dreamily on the ceiling melody that would have slowly digressed into a warm tub bath 40bpm nocturne with my head ending up lying on the keys in a dead snore. Where's the drama in that? No... coffee is the Franz Liszt of piano drinks. It gives you the power, the drive, the stamina to pull,to pry that yelling and screaming, that cringing, hiding secret melody out into the light of ever exposing day. No my friend... no tea for me. For I verily say...it is better to fail at doing something you love than to succeed at something you hate! And I'll be damned if I'm going to fail with a belly full of tea!! No, if I go down it will be with strongest expresso roast I can get my hands on.

Long live the expresso coffee pot!!! Three cheers for the triple shot cappuccino!! Hooorraay! Hooorrraayy! Hooorrrraaayyy!

#1828947 - 01/21/12 10:52 AM Re: ABF Recital less than a month away! [Re: Peyton]
TrapperJohn Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted By: Peyton

... coffee is the Franz Liszt of piano drinks. It gives you the power, the drive, the stamina to pull,to pry that yelling and screaming, that cringing, hiding secret melody out into the light of ever exposing day.

My theory is that there are tunes and melodies lying trapped out there just waiting to be released and exposed to the world. Would tea have released this piece?? I think not!

No my friend... no tea for me.

But, you must know that tea was the favored drink of the genius Mozart (at least in the morning), a habit he picked up from his early years touring as a child prodigy in England (with his pushy, fortune hunting father) - and look at what it did for him! Please note that it is beyond question that nobody ever created music more spontaneously or rapidly or magnificently than Wolfgang - and we may safely assume to a large degree due to his consumption of this magical elixir.

Handel and Haydn spent much time also in England and imbibed large quantities of the same composition-inspring, ultra healthful, manly beverage. Need I say more?

I believe we may well profit from their brilliant and undeniable examples!

Trap

Spot of tea anyone? smile

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
What's Hot!!
8 Live Ragtime Piano Players on the Cape!
-------------------
HOW TO POST PICTURES on the Piano Forums
-------------------
Sharing is Caring!
About the Buttons
-------------------
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Knabe Pianos
Sheet Music
(PW is an affiliate)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad) HAILUN Pianos
Hailun Pianos - Click for More
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Original method for harmonic hearing development
by Nahum
Today at 03:19 AM
First Digital Piano - Advice needed
by chicobalay
Today at 02:37 AM
How to Regulate a Studio Upright for Greatest Sensitivity?
by Paul678
Yesterday at 11:05 PM
How do I tackle my goal.
by imustlearn
Yesterday at 10:29 PM
Advice? First digital piano for family--already own a GP
by SCD
Yesterday at 07:58 PM
Who's Online
123 registered (ando, alfredo capurso, ajames, anamnesis, AndresD, 33 invisible), 1493 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
76599 Members
42 Forums
158395 Topics
2325991 Posts

Max Online: 15252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
(ads by Google)

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2014 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission