Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

SEARCH
the Forums & Piano World

This custom search works much better than the built in one and allows searching older posts.
(ad) Yamaha CP4 Rebate
Yamaha CP4 Rebate
(ad) Pianoteq
(ad) Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad) P B Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Guide
(ad) Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restoration
Who's Online
148 registered (alfredo capurso, 255, accordeur, albumblatter, Abby Pianoman, 36251, 41 invisible), 1748 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad) Estonia Piano
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Page 161 of 245 < 1 2 159 160 161 162 163 244 245 >
Topic Options
#1885889 - 04/24/12 07:37 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Recaredo]
griffin2417 Offline

Silver Supporter until Dec 29 2012

Loc: Minneapolis, MN

Sleep well Recaredo! I must have just missed you. I'm home now and resting up a bit before I start practice. I am looking forward to listening to your post shortly. You know how much I love Baroque! smile

(ad) Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
#1886050 - 04/25/12 01:55 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: griffin2417]
Elssa Offline
1000 Post Club Member

Loc: NY
I've never seen that version of "Landslide", Griffin.. really great - thanks for posting it. smile Terrific stuff, everyone. thumb

Edited by Elssa (04/25/12 01:57 AM)

#1886083 - 04/25/12 03:54 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Elssa]
vegasE Offline

Loc: Sydney, AU
Ahh....can't do Country. I have tried....really i have. 39 years and only country i have been able to enjoy is Lee Hazelwood.

We went for a drive up to the mountains today. It was 3 deg (celsius)....cold for here and for this time of year.

I enjoyed listening to Kate Bush's recent album "50 words for Snow" on the way home....twice....wife and kids were napping in the car!

I have been spinning this constantly since Christmas. It's a slow real burner. Opening track "Snowflake" sets the mood and theme for the album. It features Kate Bush's son as the snowflake, Steve Gadd on drums, and Kate's mellow piano.

#1886142 - 04/25/12 07:24 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: vegasE]
piano joy Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Florida
Originally Posted By: vegasE
Ahh....can't do Country. I have tried....really i have. 39 years and only country i have been able to enjoy is Lee Hazelwood.

It's Ok, vegasE, you and 3 million other people have just collectively sighed in relief, ha ha!

I love watching ballet...
Have a nice day, all !

(tomorrow, I may just post one of the top 10 music videos of all time and I do not believe it's been posted here yet!)
*no disrespect meant

Edited by piano joy (04/25/12 07:36 AM)

#1886193 - 04/25/12 09:24 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Recaredo]
griffin2417 Offline

Good morning everyone! Lots of great postings here folks! Recaredo, I loved the Locatelli violin concerto. I've never heard any of his compositions. This was a treat. As things turned out yesterday, I decided to do my piano practice before listening to your post. It was an excellent decision because I listened to it later in the evening just before going to bed. That was a perfect time. Thanks!

Elssa, the Fleetwood Mac was great. I have the album that my cousin gave to me years ago. I never get tired of hearing it.

Vegas, I really enjoyed the Kate Bush selection. I've not heard much of her music, however. She has a wonderful touch to the piano.

Okay, I'm going to shift gears here to one of my favorite jazz pianists. It would be a gross mistake, however, to put Herbie Hancock into only the category of jazz pianist. His versatility as a musician, composer, artist, arranger, blows my mind. I recently saw him on public television performing George Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue" with the Los Angeles Philharmonic. When he was a young man he had already made a guest solo appearance with the Chicago Symphony.

Enough of my chatter. Let's have a listen to his performance of "Watermelon Man."

Edited by griffin2417 (04/25/12 10:27 PM)
Edit Reason: Stupid typo!

#1886203 - 04/25/12 09:40 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: griffin2417]
griffin2417 Offline

Here's one more by Herbie Hancock, "Cantaloupe Island," and I am off to work. Enjoy the rest of your day!

#1886211 - 04/25/12 09:51 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: griffin2417]
Your Uncle Offline

Loc: Minneapolis, MN, USA
One of my most worn out records was a 12" single of this:

I never really appreciated his work until much later.

Oh and my neighbor(an upright bass guy) saw him at Orchestra Hall here last year.

Bob

#1886239 - 04/25/12 10:58 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Your Uncle]
KeysAngler Offline

Loc: The Fabulous Florida Keys
Herbie and Joni

Herbie and Stevie

#1886250 - 04/25/12 11:16 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
BeccaBb Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Thunder Bay, On Canada
LMAO oh I remember Rockit! I loved that song! I had no idea who played it though. Mr. Herbie Hancock is quite talented.

Vegas: I see why you listened to that CD over and over again! It's very relaxing. Nice background music to let yourslef wander too!

Great picks guys! and good morning! smile

Floundering and Lost
Roland RD300NX

#1886384 - 04/25/12 03:08 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rupak Bhattacharya Offline

Loc: West Bengal, India
Can't wait till Sunday to post the followings:

I was listening to Mendelssohn's works for cello and piano yesterday. All of 'em are breathtaking! But I'm continuously listening to these two again and again and still can't meet my thirst!

#1886512 - 04/25/12 06:37 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lost in cyberspace.in the UK.
Evening dudes and dudettes, heres a thought..
Nobody has mentioned this yet,

BUt what sort of music would you like to be played at your funeral? Heres hoping you dont kick the proverbial in the near future, but, just like writing a will, your choices of post mortal coil auditorial delight should be contemplated well in advance of your eventual demise...

So what will it be? will you want to be buried or incinerated to the strains of something mild and serene like a little Enya ( not enya when she was a child ,but just a small amount of enya)

Or would you like to go kicking and screaming and dragging your fingernails along the icy hardened cold earth as they try and lower your coffin prematurely into the awaiting dark hole dug in unhallowed ground?

Or have you any planned musical choices that adequately express how sorry you may be that you have grown to such a morbidly overweight individual that you have concerns all your ashes will not fit in a single urn?

And if so, what will these musical choices be that express your funerary desires and wishes for the spectators left behind in either grief and mourning or deep joy at your passing?

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project

#1886538 - 04/25/12 07:13 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Your Uncle Offline

Hmm...

#1886559 - 04/25/12 07:58 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Your Uncle]
Your Uncle Offline

On a more serious...ahem...note...I would pick these...I'm a big fan of film sountracks and I first heard Glenn Gould as a kid watching "Slaughterhouse Five"...

Or this, one of my all time favorite soundtracks:

Bob

#1886673 - 04/25/12 11:45 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
vegasE Offline

Loc: Sydney, AU
The entire Kid A album.

#1886693 - 04/26/12 12:18 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
KeysAngler Offline

Loc: The Fabulous Florida Keys
Originally Posted By: Rostosky

BUt what sort of music would you like to be played at your funeral?

What else but this ?

#1886709 - 04/26/12 01:09 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: KeysAngler]
griffin2417 Offline

Originally Posted By: KeysAngler

What else but this ?

All of the above plus this!

#1886788 - 04/26/12 07:15 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
BeccaBb Offline
500 Post Club Member

I'd say this one if I had a funeral and there better not be! A wake at the most for this girl....

Floundering and Lost
Roland RD300NX

#1886797 - 04/26/12 07:35 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
piRround Online   happy

Loc: Yarmouth, Maine
This one:

With or without the segue.

#1886801 - 04/26/12 08:03 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
BeccaBb Offline
500 Post Club Member

Now for my wake.. heheh

Floundering and Lost
Roland RD300NX

#1886852 - 04/26/12 10:02 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: KeysAngler]
piRround Online   happy

Originally Posted By: KeysAngler

What else but this ?

KeysAngler--I agree!

#1886873 - 04/26/12 10:58 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
BeccaBb Offline
500 Post Club Member

Okay I'm all excited now.. I've got my outfit picked out and just have to get ready later today!

I'm going to see James Parker (Pianist and part of the GryphonTrio) tonight for a Mozart concert!

So heres a song from them... smile

Floundering and Lost
Roland RD300NX

#1886877 - 04/26/12 11:05 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: BeccaBb]
piRround Online   happy

Originally Posted By: BeccaBb
Okay I'm all excited now.. I've got my outfit picked out and just have to get ready later today!

LOL!! I glanced at the first line and thought "for her FUNERAL???". Then I read the rest! Enjoy!

#1886879 - 04/26/12 11:12 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
BeccaBb Offline
500 Post Club Member

LMAO that would make one's eyebrows go up!

Hopefully I will enjoy, it's my first piano concert so I will see what I think of it!

Floundering and Lost
Roland RD300NX

#1886901 - 04/26/12 11:45 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: BeccaBb]
griffin2417 Offline

Hi everyone. I'm just dropping by, but won't be posting today. I have the day off to get fully rested up for tonight. I'm going to play 2 pieces for a community group holding it's annual meeting at our theater. I felt honored to be asked. There is a bit of a challenge for me with this one. This blasted cough keeps hanging on. I don't have a fever and feel well enough to handle it. I've heard from others that this is what to expect for a bit longer.

I'll let you know how things go later! Right now, I'm resting and using a few simple remedies to manage the cough -- warm water, tea, eucalyptus drops. It seems to help. Oh yeah, I'll do a toddy at bedtime, but certainly not before the performance! laugh

Later!

#1886914 - 04/26/12 12:17 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
BeccaBb Offline
500 Post Club Member

Good luck Griff! I'm sure you'll be fantastic!

I do hope your cough goes away soon! My entire household is struggling with the exact same thing. My son really got it bad though! Let us know how it goes tonight!

Floundering and Lost
Roland RD300NX

#1886954 - 04/26/12 01:42 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: griffin2417]
piRround Online   happy

Griffin, I have no remedies to offer -- just wanted to say good luck. If your last performance was any indication, you'll be terrific!

#1887299 - 04/27/12 05:05 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Eglantine Offline

Silver Supporter until Jan 01 2013

Loc: Another Country
Thanks for all the Herbie Hancock, Griffin, KeysAngler and Bob... He's the original funkmeister. And Head Hunters has to be one of the greatest albums ever.

I once went to see Hancock, at the Barbican in London. I had a bad fall on the way in to the building, and broke a bone in my foot. BUT I was determined not to miss the performance and managed to get to my seat in the end. In agony all the way through the concert, but so glad I didn't miss it.

Here's another man from back in the day: Horace Silver. Song for My Father was also recycled by the next generation (Steely Dan's Rikki Don't Lose That Number etc.).

#1887316 - 04/27/12 07:06 AM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Eglantine]
piano joy Offline
500 Post Club Member

Loc: Florida
Eglantine, as I was listening to Horace Silver, my 9 YO comes up and starts doing a funky dance to it, ha! I always knew he was a strange kid....

Today , I am not piano joy. I am piano GRUMP.
It is full blown love bug season down here in FL and , now, I have to get out the petroleum jelly for the car! Arrrghhh!

#1887551 - 04/27/12 02:36 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
zrtf90 Offline
2000 Post Club Member

Loc: Ireland (ex England)
My goodness, there's been some good stuff posted. I see I have to make more arrangements for my funeral! It would be nice if it could save me one more tax return.

It's a standard Gregorian Dies Irae for me, guys. Good Catholic boy, me!

#1887661 - 04/27/12 06:25 PM Re: Rostoskys serious thread. (by request) [Re: Rostosky]
Rostosky Offline
3000 Post Club Member

Loc: Lost in cyberspace.in the UK.
Piano joy just said for the love bug she has to get the vaseline out.
This did not go unoticed.

Rise like lions after slumber,in unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew
which in sleep has fallen on you. Ye are many,they are few. Shelley

Founder and creator ofRostoskys 13th crystal skull project

Page 161 of 245 < 1 2 159 160 161 162 163 244 245 >

Moderator:  BB Player, casinitaly 
Shop our Store for Music Lovers!
PianoSupplies.com is Piano World's Online Store
Please visit our store today.
circle of 5ths coaster
(ad 125) Sweetwater - Digital Keyboards & Other Gear
Digital Pianos at Sweetwater
(ad) Hal Leonard Teacher VIP
Hal Leonard Teacher VIP Your Source for Piano Music
Ad (Seiler/Knabe)
Seiler Pianos
(125ad) Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yamaha M217 age?
by Cy Shuster, RPT
Today at 03:58 PM
Yamaha DP stuck keys
by Dwscamel
Today at 03:50 PM
Crazy recordings
by Hakki
Today at 02:52 PM
Advice about Gutting Baldwin Piano
by yoerez
Today at 01:19 PM
Interesting insight into Chopin's compositional methods.
by ChopinLives81
Today at 12:48 PM
What's Hot!!
Trade Regrets: Gary Trafton - Piano Rep
--------------------
Historic Piano Documents
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums Rules & Help
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

The world's most popular piano web site.
-------------------
PIANO BOOKS
Forum Stats
78,687 Registered Members
43 Forums
162,778 Topics
2,389,522 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM
Sheet Music Plus (125)
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World | Donate | Link to Us | Classifieds |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | Press Room |

copyright 1997 - 2015 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission